• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shiny Life

King Karp laughed at what Bri said. "Alright then" he said "so it's official? You two are a couple now?"
He swam a tiny bit down the river, to where there was a berry bush, and began to eat some of them

King Karp sighed as he swam back towards Bri and Sparks "it's getting late" he yawned "I think it's time to go to sleep"
That was when he heard the unmistakeable sound of the voice of the trainer who was attacking him earlier
"You were right!" Said another voice, one of an older woman "I have to catch them!"
"Alright mom!" the trainer said "Houndoom, Noctowl go!"
"Make me proud son" the boy's mother shouted "go Delcatty, Persian!"
The four Pokémon appeared
"We can't take four of them" King Karp said, worried "we need to hide!"

King Karp began to swim away, but was chased by the Delcatty
"Are you sure you want to feel the fury of a Magikarp?" He asked, before trying the same strategy he had previously used with the Houndoom, but the Delcatty was too strong, and ended up knocking King Karp back into the river, extremely weak

"Help!" King Karp shouted as he watched the Delcatty got closer. In his mind, he was imagining the fish which Sparks had cut up and ate, except this time, he was the fish. "Somebody! Please" he begged "anyone!"

King Karp felt the Delcatty rub its claws on King Karp's belly "you will make a delicious meal" she whispered into King Karp's ear
"Stop!" Shouted the Trainer's mother "i need to catch that Magikarp"
The Delcatty sighed and walked away, and the mother threw a Pokeball at King Karp.

Last edited:
Snow silently closed distance to the magikarp. Was he being captured? It was obvious to her, She picked up the pace, She was a pokemon previously owned by a trainer that almost made it to the 8th gym, and she was bred for competition, it shouldnt take much longer. A minute passed, and she saw herself standing infront of the magikarp and swiftly used a night slash, cutting the Pokeball in half, She turned to the magikarp. "A friend in need is a friend indeed? Arent they?" She turned to face the trainer and her simple looking delcatty. This should be easy.

"Thank you" King Karp said to Snow, and watched as the Lucario ran off with the Pokeball Fragments "Whatever that Lucario is going to do with those" he said "Is probably not good"
He noticed that the Delcatty was getting closer, and whispered to Snow "Me and you vs it?" he asked "Do you think we have a chance?"

"Well, do you know bounce or tackle... Forget it, lets hurry this up. Ready?" she quickly glanced at the magikapr and back at the delcatty. "Together." she laughed. She saw the delcatty break into a run, and Snow sucker punched it in the gut while it was mid tackle. She stepped back, and waited to see what the magikarp was going to do.

King Karp was still weak from attacking the Delcatty before, but used Flail on the Delcatty anyways. Due to how weak he was, the attack knocked the Delcatty backwards a tiny bit.
He looked at Snow and smiled "We've got this" he said, smiling, before proceeding to use bounce, and disappearing somewhere into the air

Snow attempted to use a night slash, but the delcatty retaliated with a sucker punch, knocking snow on her backside, Snow performed a shdowball, and shot it at the delcatty in retaliation. Snow also watched the magikarp seem to bounce back down. Only if she could do that, it seems fun.

The Delcatty moved to dodge the Shadow Ball, but King Karp fell down at that exact moment, hitting Delcatty before bouncing back up. Stunned, Delcatty was hit by the Shadow ball, and was knocked backwards

Sparks ran over to King Karp "need any help?"
He asked getting into a battle stance electricity crackling at his paws
He growled as he watched the delcatty get knocked backwards 'the next battle I have should give me enough experience to evolve'

"Thanks" King Karp said, before noticing the Noctowl getting closer "Watch out!" he shouted, and used bounce to bounce away, right before the Noctowl used Peck where he had been just a second ago.
He bounced on the Noctowl, knocking it to the ground, but was hit by the Houndoom's flamethrower and fell back into the river,
"FEEL MY WRATH!" he shouted, and bounced towards the Houndoom, who was understandably still afraid after the last battle.
"You take care of the NOctowl, i'll take down the Houndoom!" he shouted

"On it!" Sparks sprinted into the midst of the battle growling as he got eye contact with Nochtowl.
Sparks charged forward preparing a thunder shock. He jumped up grabbed the Nochtowls wing and sending electricity through the Nochtowl and paralysed it. The Nochtowl screeched with rage and shook Sparks off He looked up and saw the Nochtowl about to use brave bird and came storming down. Sparks scrambled to get up but couldn't in time and got hit by the Nochtowl.
Sparks shot back and rammed into a tree. He groaned and collapsed.

Then there was a huge CRACK and a bolt of electricity shot out of sparks body and shining Sphere surrounded him energy crackling Sparks came out of the glowing sphere but instead of a Shinx standing there there was a Luxio. Sparks stepped forward electricity crackling.
And grinned

Kaylei was still asleep in her den along with sparky. When she walked out she couldent see anyone, just a trainer peering down her hole.
"Oh no..." kaylei said.
The trainer offered her a berry but kaylei hit her with her ribbons across the face; the trainer got really mad and reached at Kaylei, who could not back of because of were her mate was sleeping. " Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She Screamed as the trainer came further, trying to get into the cave.

"Whoa" King Karp said as he knocked Houndoom back "You evolved!"
The houndoom charged towards him again, and he used bounce to dodge. "Congratulations!" he said as he landed on the Houndoom's head

"Thanks!" Sparks wild charged the weak Nochtowl taking it down and knocking it out.
He looked up to Kaylai and Sparkys cave and saw a trainer.
Seeing the danger he sprinted up the hill ready to take on the trainer. When Sparks got high enough he tackled the trainer to the ground and thunder shocked her.He growled and the human ran off

Once the Houndoom was defeated, the two trainers ran off again, probably to get help. He watched Sparks run away, but the river did not go in that direction, so he couldn't help. Instead, he looked at the Delcatty, Houndoom and Noctowl, who were running/flying away with their trainers (OOC: Persian apparently took a nap or something). While he outright hated the Delcatty for trying to eat him, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the Houndoom and Noctowl, who were just following orders

Dee watched from afar as the trainers ran away with the houndoom and noctowl. Ugh, such pathetic slaves they both were. Where was their fighting spirit? Where was their drive, their desire to break free of their shackles and be as wild and as free as they once had been? Oh, right. They, like most captured pokemon, had probably developed Stockholm syndrome. They lived under the delusion that their captor loved them, or something. And they believed that he loved them back.

Dee was about to devour another citrus pokepuff, when she saw a trainer with a plusle approaching her. They were probably after her so that they could complete their plusle-and-minun play set.

"Alright, Plusle, hit him with a swift attack!" The trainer ordered, to which the plusle obeyed without question. Also, were they not aware that female minun existed?

No matter. Dee charged through the swift and used thunder punch, straight into the plusle's gut.

"i did! " Sparks looked down on himself taking into account the changes.
"huh.... i have a mane now cool!" he said trotting back down the hill to King Karp to say thanks
When Sparks got to the bottom of the hill he sat next to the river looking for king Karp within its depts

Dee kept going with the plusle, launching thunder punch after thunder punch, until the creature was on the ground unable to move. Its trainer cried out, "My poor little plusle!" As she ran away, carrying the creature in her arms.

Yet another worthless slave dealt with.

With that out of the way, Dee re-adjusted her hood, and went to sit by the river, noticing a shiny luxio looking into the water.

Sparks looked up and saw Dee.
He walked over to her "are you okay?" Sparks asked.
Still looking for King Karp. He sniffed the air for Oran berries he was in the mood for them.

"Yeah. I mean, I just fought off a trainer looking to catch me so that they could complete their plusle and minun play set, and I'm kinda tired now, but otherwise, I'm fine," the minun said snippily.

That pathetic trainer and her equally pathetic plusle had pn't been much of a challenge, thankfully. That dumb plusle kept eyeing up Dee and smiling like a fool. Ha, Dee didn't even know attract, yet somehow she'd managed to make that plusle fall for her in between the pummeling she'd given it. The thing didn't even notice when she stole its accessory; a gold, butterfree shaped clip.

Dee attatched the clip to the base of her hood, lining it up with her chin, "Stupid trainers. All you have to do is be a slightly different colour and they go gaga over you."

Snow briefly glanced at the shinx- I mean, Luxio walking away, and then walked further down the river, waiting to see where it ends, and maybe find king karp. On the way, she ate most of the berries from what seemed to be a bush ful of oran berries. They helped her feel better after the recent fight, and they tasted good, too.

"She's gone," Dee answered, "I made sure of that. No trainer's ever going to catch me, as long as I can do this!"

The minun's fist crackled as yellow sparks surrounded it. Next, she hopped off of the rock that she was sat on, and smashed her fist into it, making it shatter as rock shards crashed to the ground.

Dee ended her performance by hopping on an adjacent, intact rock, which was far bigger than the one she had just destroyed. "That's the power of my thunderpunch. Since I'm a terribly small pokemon, I've had to learn the most powerful moves for my type that I can," she mused, readjusting her hood again, "So I can beat up any trainer who dares to throw a portable prison cell, I mean, pokeball, at me."

The minun gave her a small smile, crossing her tiny legs. "It's a shame that I'm a minun, to be honest. A shiny one, too. Every trainer with a plusle thinks that they can catch me, and make me part of their plusle and minun pair. I mean, I'm a pokemon, not some stupid toy."

The pleasant warmth of the rocky riverbank was rather relaxing to Dee, and she rolled over onto her stomach, to soak up more sun.

"I'll bet that they want to make you part of some shiny starter triad, am I right?" Dee scoffed, "Force you to fight, or shove you in a box and forget about you forever. It's gotta be one of the two, guaranteed."

The minun stretched her forepaws out, flexing them as she yawned, "Y'know, my grandma used to tell me stories about when before pokeballs existed. If humans wanted to catch pokemon back then, they had to make friends with them, and then they would follow them around voluntarily," she mused, "Nowadays, any idiot with good aim and a pokeball can go into the wild and kidnap us. It's sickening."

"But it's something like 1/100 chance to find a shiny. That's impossible!"
'She sighed'
"It is life after all."
'She looked away'
'She showed Dee her scar'
"You're probably wondering how this happened?"

Last edited:
Dee's eyes narrowed as her neck craned forward, to examine the reddish-pink welt on the braixen's skin. Judging by the angle, and by the shape, it was probably a former battle wound, inflicted by a large, clawed pokemon, like a zangoose or an ursaring.

"Who was the trainer who thought it'd be funny to give you that?" she asked as her eyes narrowed.

"Hmpf. Trainers. Scum, all of them," Dee said haughtily, "They beat us up, and they imprison us, and they force us to do their bidding, heck, they even expect us to love them," and undid the clip on her hood, "No wild-caught pokemon can ever truly love its trainer. When you're forcefully imprisoned like that, it's just Stockholm syndrome."

For the first time ever, Dee removed her hood. Her head was covered in fading burns and scars, from the one time that she had actually been caught, "This is what my former master and his plusle did to me, after I would not breed with that damnable creature."

Name: Redwood
Species: Arcanine
Special markings etc: Coated in many scars from previous battles, a bright blue scarf that seems to stand out against his gray-ish fur.
Personality: Rather humorous, cracks a joke every so often, enjoys sunbathing on hot days.

Redwood padded through the field, paws whisking through the long grass, which was quite a pleasant feeling to him. Though he wasn't old, he still "looked old" according to many other Pokemon he had befriended in the past. He rather enjoyed the feeling of the long strands of warm grass brushing against his scars. A rather low purr emitted from his throat. "... Hm..." Redwood started to hum to himself in the serene environment he was in at the moment.

Sparks returned the hug to Bri " i know right!" he said when he saw an Arcanine strutting across the field.
Sparks started in that direction " hello im Sparks whats your name?" he asked
Sparks thought of something for a second where on earth was that Zoruark