• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Leaf

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I was happily walking around with my Manectric on HG last night using Sinnoh sound to catch me some Sinnoh Pokemon when I accidentally spoke to Thundie. He went a little bit insane, spinning round madly and then I was informed that he'd found a Shiny Leaf :D

To be honest, I'd forgotten all about Shining leaves, although I now remember reading ages ago that if I find five or something I can make Thundie a crown. Aside from that I don't think they do anything. They're just special~

So, have you found a Shiny Leaf? By accident or on purpose? Has anyone bothered collecting them and making a crown, or do you just think it's pointless and have never bothered looking? I might consider making Thundie a crown, just because I love him so, but I doubt I'll bother with the rest of my team - it's not like they benefit from it or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I spent about an hour or so a while back collecting five Shiny Leaves for my Wartortle, Anaklusmos. I only did it for him because he's all special to me and what now. He now has a wicked crown on his status screen, and as an added bonus my trainer card is now Green and oh so purty. :3

Various other Pokemon have randomly picked one up here and there, but the only one with more then one is Anaklusmos.

I was walking with my Lucario, Riley, yesterday, when I talked to him and the game said he found an item. I wanted to take it, but he started getting angry at me. He would always make the angry face and roar. It would only stop if I left the route. Eventually it asked me if I wanted to take the item and I said no. He was happy and then I found a Shiny Leaf. It was strange and I still can't explain it.

Yep, I've gotten leaf crowns for my two favorite most pokemon, my shiny charizard and my metagross. It can be really tedious and frustrating! When I first set out, I got them both a couple leaves but the others just wouldn't show up. I gave up on it for a couple weeks, then went back and got them crowns in about an hour. :D So like everything in pokemon, it seems to just be the mercies of the RNG.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm. Thanks for reminding me of this, Magpie. I'd originally planned to collect the leafs for at least one of my Pokemon but completely forgot about it entirely once I stopped playing SoulSilver. XD

I think the concept of the shiny leafs and the crown is really fun, even if it doesn't really mean anything. It's just one of those fun extras for people who went to put the effort in, y'know? Maybe when I finally start up HG I'll make a point to seek the leafs out this time. It'd look nice on some of my faves. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'll probably end up getting a crown for my whole team, knowing me XD

The leaves do look rather pretty and I bet a crown will look even prettier :3

I wonder if they'll transfer onto Black/White? Obviously my team will move over to Gen V when I'm able, so it'd be nice if they kept the crowns on their status screens. I'd make them very unique and special, having something only available from HG/SS~

This thread inspired me to go Shiny Leaf hunting! I finally found one with my Feraligatr, and I must say the little dance she did was adorable XD I talked to her right after and then she hugged me ♥ I'm using Bulbapedia get the Nature/Route combinations.

I'm still walking around, searching aimlessly. To be honest, it's getting a tad boring, so I think I'll just leave it to be a surprise thing.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've got Thunderdog his crown... I feel the need to get the rest of my team one too ♥