1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shiny Breeding Help

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Kyupper, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Recently I went out and caught a shiny Eevee. There's one little problem, though: she's no use as she's got the wrong nature for a competitive Glaceon, which is what I want to evolve her into. And I really like the way shiny Glaceon looks. So I'd like to breed my shiny Eevee with a shiny Ditto--I decided this morning that two shinies breeding would pretty much guarantee a shiny baby. But now I'm not so sure. And since I don't currently have a Ditto, shiny or otherwise, I figured I'd ask before I go crazy looking for another shiny. If you breed a ditto and a female shiny pokemon, will the baby be a shiny?

2. I don't want to dissapoint you, but, you can't breed to get any shinies. I tried it with my shiny Caravanha and it didn't work. :'(

3. Back in the GSC days, it used to be that breeding a shiny meant a 50% chance of shiny offspring.

Nowadays, shiny parents have no impact on the shininess of a baby.
    Getting the right nature on top of shininess is going to require AR or a miracle.
    That's why shinies aren't very common in competitive, unless they've been hacked.

4. EXACTLY!

5. No breeding shinies have no impact on whether the offspring will be shiny or not, however I bred my shiny Manaphy and got a shiny Phione and my game is not hacked. My friend bred her shiny Dragonaire and recieved a normal Dratini. The offspring may be shiny but the odds are slim to say the least

6. I guess now I have to go crazy trying to find the right natured shiny Eevee as I don't have an AR. Oh well.
    Thanks for the help everyone.