• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Breeding Help

Recently I went out and caught a shiny Eevee. There's one little problem, though: she's no use as she's got the wrong nature for a competitive Glaceon, which is what I want to evolve her into. And I really like the way shiny Glaceon looks. So I'd like to breed my shiny Eevee with a shiny Ditto--I decided this morning that two shinies breeding would pretty much guarantee a shiny baby. But now I'm not so sure. And since I don't currently have a Ditto, shiny or otherwise, I figured I'd ask before I go crazy looking for another shiny. If you breed a ditto and a female shiny pokemon, will the baby be a shiny?

I don't want to dissapoint you, but, you can't breed to get any shinies. I tried it with my shiny Caravanha and it didn't work. :'(

Back in the GSC days, it used to be that breeding a shiny meant a 50% chance of shiny offspring.

Nowadays, shiny parents have no impact on the shininess of a baby.
Getting the right nature on top of shininess is going to require AR or a miracle.
That's why shinies aren't very common in competitive, unless they've been hacked.

No breeding shinies have no impact on whether the offspring will be shiny or not, however I bred my shiny Manaphy and got a shiny Phione and my game is not hacked. My friend bred her shiny Dragonaire and recieved a normal Dratini. The offspring may be shiny but the odds are slim to say the least

I guess now I have to go crazy trying to find the right natured shiny Eevee as I don't have an AR. Oh well.
Thanks for the help everyone.