• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny at Game Corner

So. In my quest for a shiny Eevee I've decided to take some more desperate meassures...
I've successfully earned bought 6666 coins and plan to use them to buy an Eevee at the Celadon Game Corner. If it's not shiny, I'll turn the game off and buy a new one. And if that one isn't shiny either... well, you get the point. I'm planning to stick with this strategy for the next few hours and hope that it's my lucky day.

However, before I start, it would be nice to know if this operation has ANY percent of succeeding? Can you get shinies from the Game Corners? Is the chances the same or is it harder? Have you, or have you heard of someone, that has ever got a shiny Eevee from the Game Corner...?
I'm currently re-playing my pokemon Gold and Crystal, and if there's anyone here who has a clue about this, please tell me. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

I do believe that you can get a shiny eevee in gold and silver but they are really rare and frustrating to get my friend got one in 3 weeks and he was playing about 14 hours a day! Good luck!

lucarioprincess said:
I do believe that you can get a shiny eevee in gold and silver but they are really rare and frustrating to get my friend got one in 3 weeks and he was playing about 14 hours a day! Good luck!

Fourteen hours? Three weeks!? 0_0
Ok... Better get starting then. ^^;
Thanks. I'll probably need all luck I can get... XD

I don't think there's any mechanic that prevents a shiny pokemon at the game corner. That said, are you playing the GBC Gold and Crystal? If you are, there's a much easier way to get shiny pokemon: http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=17613

Basically, shininess actually carries through breeding in GSC, so you can breed an eeveelution with a shiny ditto (which you can get from RBY and your shiny gyarados) and you'll have a 1/64 chance of getting a shiny rather than a 1/8000something.

Keleri said:
I don't think there's any mechanic that prevents a shiny pokemon at the game corner. That said, are you playing the GBC Gold and Crystal? If you are, there's a much easier way to get shiny pokemon: http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=17613

Basically, shininess actually carries through breeding in GSC, so you can breed an eeveelution with a shiny ditto (which you can get from RBY and your shiny gyarados) and you'll have a 1/64 chance of getting a shiny rather than a 1/8000something.

Oh my god, I DO have that shiny Ditto. 0.0 (I tested that cheat a long time ago only to see if it worked XD) I had completely forgot that I had it... ^^; It must be burried deep down in Bill's pc somewhere, I'll go look immediately. And then... I need to work out some new strategies involving EGGS! ;D
Thanks a lot Kel!! :)

Yes it is possible to get shinies from a game corner. You can get shinies anywhere as long as its gen II and up. I got a shiny dratini from the gamecorner only took about 25 minutes while watching my name is earl and i looked over at my ds and went through the 3 dratinis and the middle one was purplish pink 0_0 but id go with the breeding if i were you

I remember a friend got to start off with a shiny starter...
Another friend of mine traded his Zapdos into his Crystal and found out that his Zapdos was shiny.
Talk about lucky! I only got to run into some random wild shinies, I heard of the Pokeradar trick and wound up getting a shiny Chatot but that was it, not even the courtesy for a shiny Pidgey or Bidoof... :(

But on Christmas day I was playing my Sapphire and ran into a level 15 shiny tentacool, I flipped out, caught it, Merry Christmas to me! ♥

Wow i got a shiny tentacool from ruby. I keep hearing everybody getting shiny tentacools from RSE. Oh and i started out with a shiny charmander on my first playthrough of fire red