• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shining Shiny Sprite Shop

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
You can read that topic title any way you want to. My sprites in my shop are shining and shiny, or I, Shiny, am shining and opened a sprite shop, amung others. Take your pick. Also, consonance or whatever ftw~

Anyways, seeing that I've been bored lately and I've recently got back into spriting, I thought I might as well open a sprite shop here. Yes, that means you can request. However, I warn you that school's going to start very soon for me, so I would rather if you request one sprite per week.

AND SO. First thing's first! I'll show you my awesome skeelz with making...

RULES (bet you didn't see that one coming :p):
1) Do not rush me. I have a life unlike some of you guys, along with parents and school. If I don't finish your request within a day or two, that means I'm probably really busy. If I don't finish it within a week, THEN you can PM me, because that means I either overlooked your request or completely forgot to do it.
2) One request per week. No exceptions. Not even if you're my close friend or part of my 'Charms family tree.
3) I would like it if you give me some contructive comments or criticism before you request. Like, really.
4) The rules of the forum applies here as well. If you haven't read them yet, I suggest for you to turn around and go look at them.

Right, so, here's the part you've all been looking forward to... MAH SPRITES.

I do a variety of sprites... not like, Blockymon or Zombiemon or plushies, but the usual. Trainer sprites, splices, fakemon, cosplayers, and a few reposes to boot. I've been spriting since 2007, but since my later sprites are horrible I won't show them to any of you.

Trainers:
MikuHatsune.png
Gumi2.png
RinandLensprite.png
WinterShinyEevee.png
fwdfqw.png
ShinyEevee-1.png
Me-1.png
Christine-3-1.png

The first three you see are called Vocaloids. In order from left to right, we have Miku Hatsune (rushed), Gumi (semi-rushed), and Rin/Len Kagamine. The last few... are the same person, wearing different clothes/having a different hair style/at different ages. XD

Cosplayers:
PichuCosplayer.png
PlusleMinuncosplayers1.png

My two most recent cosplayers. I've done a few pre-2009, but they're so horrible (even more so than Plusle/Minun) that I can't even stand to look at them...

Pokemon, be they splices, fakemon, splices, or what:
Tsutarjadress-up2.png
EeveeRepose-FlareonBase.png
VoltorbPoliwagJigglypuff.png
AHAHAHAHA.png
ShinyEevee.png
Fakemon-3.png

In order: Sprite Contest, Eevee repose (Flareon as a base), Sprite Contest/Floofbal, Sprite Contest/Flying-Type Pikachu/Lolwut, Eevee repose, and a really old sprite of some strange fakemon/splice of 9 or more Pokemon (colors included).

You might notice that some of my sprites are transparent and others aren't. Truth is, after my computer was reformated after I was unable to remove a nasty trojan, Photoshop was removed from my computer, and I never found the time to redownload it. Or I got lazy. Whatever.

... so yeah, that's pretty much it. If you want to request something, go ahead, nothing's stopping you... but PLEASE comment/criticize my sprites before you do :/

Also, I found this lovely feather on the ground a few hours ago ♥ Or did I pluck it from a pretty Magpie? I forget~ But it sure is purdy :3

feather.png

EDIT: Also, if you request for something outside of the things I've showed you, go ahead. There's a chance that I might turn it down, though. Note that I will NOT do plushies, zombiemon, or blockymon, as those types of sprites have specific people who can make them here at 'Charms.

BlackAmber said:
No Request just a comment also the feather is Pretty :o

Dear, if you had looked at Magpie's IMPORTANT: topic, then you'll get what it's really signifying. Unless you're using sarcasm and pretending that you don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's likely the first.

Regardless, Shiny, such lovely sprites you have there ♥ I love what you did with Len to match Rin they make a lovely mirror pair ♥ Something irks me about Gumi slightly, it may be her shoes fading to nothingness against the white background, or in general the white parts of her outfit having that effect. It makes it hard to see :c I love the last Lyni there, or atleast that's what I'm calling her cause that's who popped into my head ♥ The outfit is nicely done and shaded, although that sharp point of shading near the torso or whatever it's called may not be so lovely, but the rest is very pretty, and I think it's nice :'D Finally, that really old splice fakemon whatever thing you made looks really fluffy and huggable ♥ The different sized flowers may make it look a bit off, but you did say it was a long time ago, so it's very lovely nonetheless ♥

I, er, may or may not have a request~ ♥ I'd really love it if you, just possibly, could make a sprite of Byakuren Hijiri for me? ♥ I'll get a picture and request all proper in a moment, but I wanna get this in before I get sniped. :>

Picture of Byakuren would be here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... -Hiji2.png , and as a closer up reference would be this one: http://www.mangabullet.com/galleryimg/2 ... -52-03.png .
Her hair really is purply and does fade to brown, but it could be all brown if you want ♥ I also love love love her air scroll, so if you could get it in there, I'd love you, but if it's too much trouble, you mustn't bother ♥ As for a post, I suppose something like she looks like in the picture would do well, although not with er, that broken arm thing she's doing right there. That's sorta dangerous looking for the poor woman c: Her hair doesn't need to be all terribly spread out either, you can look her up for such ideas from other artists. Just do as best as you can ♥

...And I really really really love her air scroll. c:

Tenshi Hinanai said:
BlackAmber said:
No Request just a comment also the feather is Pretty :o

Dear, if you had looked at Magpie's IMPORTANT: topic, then you'll get what it's really signifying. Unless you're using sarcasm and pretending that you don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's likely the first.

Yes I know what it is It means you cant Request without making a comment about Sprites I knew that.
It was the Second one anyways Still Nice Sprites Shiny

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Black Amber: Thankies for teh complement ♥

@Tan: huuuuurrrrr that took a while, since I had to scratch several things... I have a version with the glowing thingie from the scroll and one without. Why? Simply because the glowy things looked weird when I tried to sprite them << (aka I got too lazy to do it properly ^^;)

Byuakuren.png

Byuakuren2.png

OH golly bananas Shiny you did exceptionally well with such a fancy outfit ♥ I know the scroll was hard, but you got it to work nicely and make it look all rainbowlike! although the curve in the symbols is a bit sharp, it's hard to tell anyway and making it smaller as it got to the other hand is nice too ♥ I think the only actual issue I have with it is that the end of the scroll in her farther hand looks a bit pointd and not as cylindrical as the other. The shoes, or, I guess socks really, came out nicely and although you didn't use her weirdo purple hair, the hair still looks just like her brown shade of it ♥ Even if most of it was scratch, I'd say it doesn't look terribly scratchy at all! Thank you so much for taking my request and I will certainly return to comment on more stuff at another time!

...Or I'll just get lazy and do it in chat but y'know c:

Your sprites are just amazing! I really love the way you made a timeline thingy for the one trainer, it's awesome! I really like the first trainer sprite, the colors just go together so nicely! Keep up the good work ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
BUMP

Okay, it's been a few months since I've seriously sprited, but with the release of Black and White, I've decided to use some of their sprites to make my OC.

Presenting... Kelvin Bohr.

Kelvin.png

I made two alternate outfits for him, one short-sleeved and one long-sleeved, because I couldn't decide which looked better. Oh, and yes, he's wearing a hoodie. ^^ (it's hard to make that obvious)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
PokeKid: I'm not that skilled with scratching things like helmets, so I think it might be better if you asked a more skilled spriter to do that. ^^; I might try when I have free time; however, as I'm in a very competetive high school right now, I don't have much time to experiment with these kinds of things. I apologize for the inconvenience~

In the meanwhile, I have a nice 100% scratched violin. The left one has strings, the right one doesn't.

Violin.png

And my first Gen V cosplayer~ Ranpuraa. :>

RanpuraaCosplayer.png

The violin is beautiful! Although it doesn't have a chinrest, it is perfect!

Your cosplayer is adorable (as usual), and I love how you made them hold the face.

Keep in spritin' ;)

Wow these are AMAZING! I honestly think your cosplayers could use a little work. No offense though. Can I get a Aggron wearing a hat? No top hats please. I think I want a light brown fedora hat on it, like this:
Fedora_Burgundy_Front_Large.JPG

Sorry if it is too big. Remove the bow please!
If you can't make Aggron wear the hat (Because of the spikes), Then make Lairon wear it!
If you DO manage to get it on Aggron, then add a cane. (No cane for Lairon please!)
Lairon is only if you can not make Aggron. Please and thank you.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Hey shiny I love your new cosplayer shes fantastic and your violin is really clever :)

keep up the good work,

~psy~

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the one without the strings looks better, as to me the strings just look like glare. That could just be my computer-abused eyes, however. :p

I have to say I like bow. It definitely has a woody look to it.

Shiny your sprites are amazing :D

The Violin is great, good detail and the shading really fades well giving it a nice 3D look. Kelvin Bohr is a great sprite - you must have used and changed a lot of sprites, I can recognise any of 'em :> Realistic how the jacket bunches up.

Looking at some of your older works, you've come a long way, so I look forward to seeing how much better your sprites can get.

P.S. The Ranpura cosplayer sprite is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I love the Pichu cosplayer, the Goth-Lolita that you made for Shinki, and the Ranpuraa cosplayer.

I think Kelvin Bohr looks better in the long-sleeved top, but that's mainly because there seems to be a mismatch between the colour of the skin of his arms, and the colour of the skin on his face. His arms seem to be much, much browner than his face, which I think would be unusual in real life ;).

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Riiiiiight, gravedigging but eh, I liked this one because it took me a while to make (and I made it during my hiatus). |D

Luka.png

IT'S MEGURINE LUKA! *shot*

Also, more sprites that I haven't posted up here:
FailedFlandre.png
Lyrica_Prismriver2.png

I really needa sprite more, huh?