• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

I restarted Fire Red enough to get a shiny Charizard, and I got a shiny Magneton (now a Magnezone) from my friend's Leaf Green. I also found a shiny Gengar in Pearl.

I saw a shiny Espeon in Fire Red. Never seen any others.

Does breeding a shiny increase the chance of a shiny egg baby?

EDIT: I also, would like to know what that number means to that uber complex equation up there.

As of the third generation if you breed a shiny, the odds of the offspring being shiny are the same as finding one in the wild. I think it's about a 1 in 2000 or something.

Excuse me, it's 1 in 8192 according to Wikiepedia.

...1 in 8192 is a lot more than 1 in 2000 XD

I still managed to find a shiny Gengar in the Old Chateau, though. It's grown on me; I like it better than the original. As in, I think it SHOULD be the original. Doesn't shiny Gengar just look eviller?

I have four shiny pokemon in total.

-Shiny Gyrados was from the second gen of course, I think I had three of them since I owned all 3 versions. (Hacked into Diamond by a friend of mine)
-A shiny Golbat I caught in gold. (Hacked into Diamond)
-A shiny pidgey I caught when I started silver after my friend deleted the file. (Hacked into Diamond)
-Shiny Pelipper in Diamond (Level 41, Route 230)
-Shiny Dialga (NON-HACKED) in Diamond (GTS trade for a... magikarp? Weirdos...)

My friend has a shiny lombre, and a shiny Deoxys and Celebi. (He got those last 2 from my other friend, little cheat... AT LEAST I EARNED MINE FAIR AND SQUARE DANGIT. D=

-Ten days later-

I've owned a Shiny Electrike/Menectric. ( Ruby Version )
And I've also owned a Shiny Whismur/Loudred/Exploud. ( Also Ruby )
However, both of those were lost after my friend thought that it would be quite all right to restart the game to get all of the starter pokemon. He didn't even breed them off for me! What a friend, hmm?

But, I also caught a shiny Golbat in the Four Island cave in Fire Red.
I didn't like it, it was green.
:x

to date, i have a shiny machamp, caught as a shiny machop in victory road in lg, then evolved and traded, a shiny dustox, caught as a shiny cascoon 1st try from a honey tree while trying to get a combee, and a shiny wooper that my friend traded to me, he also had a krabby/kingler but i think he lost that version...

update:yay!!!!!1!!!!(one)!!! i got a shiny crobat from the gts, and all it costed was a lv 70 dialga w/draco meteor and roar of time...tehehe...but i can get a dialga back, and since im so greedy, i took the adamant orb off before the trade

The only shiny I own is a pink Crobat on my Ruby Version that my friend traded to me.

I once had a shiny Wurmple (that was Modest too) on my Emerald version until I accidentally deleted my file. >_< I was kicking myself for a few days and mourning over the awesome Beautifly I could've gotten out of that thing...

Some shinies I want are Sceptile, Gallade, Gardevoir, and Ditto. Shiny Blue is sooo cool... :p

And I'm going to complain about Shiny Marowak. They made him ugly. *cries*

I finally got my first Shiny since the Red Gyarados in Silver!

I was hunting for Croagunks in the Great Marsh when I saw a Budew with a dark gray bib. I thought, "Hmm, that's odd. I've never seen that before. Maybe I just hadn't noticed on the variation on this gender or..."

*BLINDING SHAFT OF LIGHT FROM DS THAT LEAVES SOOT ON FACE AND PERMANENTLY BLOWS HAIR BACK.*
(Okay, it was nothing like that, but it's how I feel)

"Holy Carp! Shiny Budew!" And I caught him in one ball, too. I think. Anyway, I named him StellaRose. I would've named him "Stellar Rose," but there wasn't enough space.

Edit: Best of all - I can train it into a Shiny Roselia or Roserade! Although, I suppose I should look them up before I get too excited about that. Can Shinies still breed more Shinies? I'm pretty sure they could back in Gold and Silver.

i am such an idiot, i just noticed that i have a shiny tyrogue-soon to be a hitmonchan- that i am training in crystal.

btw, are there EVs in GSC? because i'd prefer a hitmonlee/top and i only need 4 more att to get top and 5 to get lee

Effort Values have been in all the games. In the first gen, you could update stats prior to level up just by putting the Pokemon in your PC. IV (Inherent Values) are newer, I think, but I believe they started in GSC.

Shinies i Had:Diglett(had because the cloning glitch screwed up my emerald,FAIR TOO :'()
Shinies i Have(hacked by my friend):Gallade,Probopass,Arceus, Luxray,Skuntank
Shinies i Want:Ummm,Metagross,Darkrai,Gengar,and Charizard
Damn cloning glitch....

Got a shiny Cyndaquil and evolved it into a Quilava from my friend. I'm not evolving it into Typhlosion cause it isn't as cool as Quilava's shiny.

Hiya, I had a shiny mew on fr, but then my bro delted the game, Garados on g/s, paras on lf, surskit on D/P and herracross on crystal, but I hope that shiny scizor, leafeon or Typlosion aren't green, bluey green or PINK.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ddd65668fb4b24dec8f2f3c0b332e24e.png

I have a shiny raticate in silver.

You asked the right person. ;)

*Takes a big breath*

Wingull, Spearow, 7 Gyradoses on G/S/C (Lake Rage ones, so nothing to brag about), Masquerain, Bidoof, Absol, and yesterday a Starly but I didn't save it. :'(

Not bad Shiny Master! Just to compare my collection with yours, since you're a master, I have all these in Diamond:

Duskull, Budew, Ninetales, 2 Ho-oh, Rayquaza, 2 Gyarados, Scorupi, Sneasel, Scyther, Voltorb, Steelix, Sableye, Absol, Larvitar, Mightyena, Exeggcute, Altaria, Dugtrio, Bronzor, Ghastly, Zubat, Giratina, Smeargle, Porygon-Z, Houndour, Bulbasaur, Kingdra, Nidoking, 2 Ditto, Pinsir, Rapidash, Suicune, Groudon, Breloom, Tentacruel, Zangoose, Abomasnow, Rotom, Gastrodon (east), Blastoise, Venusaur, Dialga, Starmie, Machoke, Tropius, Pelipper, Slowbro, Cresselia, Celebi, Palkia, Poliwhirl, Golbat, Uxie, Pachirisu, Spinda, Wurmple, Luxray, Charizard, Rhyperior, Metagross, Gardevoir, Gallade and Lapras.

well these are the ones i have all shiny(all these poke are inlvl order)

dratini,sandshrew,elekid,bulbasaure,2bagon,manaphy,chickorita,beldum,charmander,munchlax,magby,vulpix,bonsly,gastly,horsea,grovyle,chansey,ivysaure,sudowoodo,masqurain,nintales,torterra,skarmory,espeon,gyrados,infernape,toxicroak,pelipper,roserade,lucario,
sharpedo,machamp,corsola,t-tar,lucario,arceus,forretress,umbreon,gallade,gallade,gengar,electivire,starmie,salamance(4 different ones)
lucario,lucario,blissey(3 different ones),charizard(3 diferent ones),skarmory,pinsir,weavile,metagross(2 different ones)
ninetales,garchomp,porygon-z,empoleon,arceus,electivire,shymin,entei,suicune,rayquaza,dialga,ho-oh,t-tar,dusknoir,scizor

that is all 5% of these are hacked but the rest 95% are legit

I have a shiny Makuhita (my least favorite), a Parasect (it's golden! I love it, named it god), and my favorite one, and on my main team, shiny Sandslash. I have it at lvl 84, and I just love it. I love its red quills and its a good battler. I hope to find a cool shiny like a Ponyta, or a Magikarp. I can't remember any others.

I've got one on every game I got excluding LG and Pearl.
Crystal: The given, and a Krabby (named Blue.)
Ruby: Wingull (named Vivian).
Emerald: Zubat (named Zoey).
I have like ten Wingulls on Ruby 'cuz I thought shineyness bred. >.

I have four shiny pokemon in total.

-Shiny Gyrados was from the second gen of course, I think I had three of them since I owned all 3 versions. (Hacked into Diamond by a friend of mine)
-A shiny Golbat I caught in gold. (Hacked into Diamond)
-A shiny pidgey I caught when I started silver after my friend deleted the file. (Hacked into Diamond)
-Shiny Pelipper in Diamond (Level 41, Route 230)
-Shiny Dialga (NON-HACKED) in Diamond (GTS trade for a... magikarp? Weirdos...)

My friend has a shiny lombre, and a shiny Deoxys and Celebi. (He got those last 2 from my other friend, little cheat... AT LEAST I EARNED MINE FAIR AND SQUARE DANGIT. D=

Not bad Shiny Master! Just to compare my collection with yours, since you're a master, I have all these in Diamond:

Duskull, Budew, Ninetales, 2 Ho-oh, Rayquaza, 2 Gyarados, Scorupi, Sneasel, Scyther, Voltorb, Steelix, Sableye, Absol, Larvitar, Mightyena, Exeggcute, Altaria, Dugtrio, Bronzor, Ghastly, Zubat, Giratina, Smeargle, Porygon-Z, Houndour, Bulbasaur, Kingdra, Nidoking, 2 Ditto, Pinsir, Rapidash, Suicune, Groudon, Breloom, Tentacruel, Zangoose, Abomasnow, Rotom, Gastrodon (east), Blastoise, Venusaur, Dialga, Starmie, Machoke, Tropius, Pelipper, Slowbro, Cresselia, Celebi, Palkia, Poliwhirl, Golbat, Uxie, Pachirisu, Spinda, Wurmple, Luxray, Charizard, Rhyperior, Metagross, Gardevoir, Gallade and Lapras.

Did you trade or hack? I never traded or hacked.

Shiny Geodude today!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You know what other shiny you now have, Mr. Shiny Master? A shiny Warning! Bwohohoho, I am so clever...

Anyway yeah, don't double post, its in the rules, in case you forgot... Don't do it again >>

but, i have seen a porgon shiny (Beutifull) it's blue and white.Shiny EEVEE silver,
Shiny starvia not really much of a differance, and a shiny charzard(it's Black and RED)!!!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You get a warning for double posting, use the Modify button next time. Read the rules and obey them and you wont get another.

Red Gyarados :p Recieved a shiny eevee in crystal (Shiny Umbreon until I deleted save). Found a shiny zigzagoon starting in Ruby. Ran into a blue medicham in Victory Road on Sapp and a shiny pichu evolved from my egg in Ruby.

Good days, but then I started trying to complete my 'dex in R/S/E, spent two weeks searching for Feebas, chucked GBA accross the room and deleted both saves.