• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

Well I have shiny Charizard, Dialga, Palkia, Onix, Pinsir, Mew

Shinies I NEEEED: Beldum, Metang, or Metagross (Either one of the three is amazing with me)

well, i have a shiny machamp in emerald that i caught on leafgreen, but thats it...

what id really like to have is a shiny rhyhorn, rhydon, or rhyperior, other than that id like to get a shiny eevee on my leafgreen through breeding, that way i can trade it to emerald and clone to get all the shiny evos, including 2 spare eevees for leafeon and glaceon

I've seen (every shiny i see i catch):

Red Gyarados (Gold and silver, everyone sees this.)

Shiny Zubat (its whole body is Pink) (Silver)
Shiny Golbat (Same as shiny Zubat) (Silver, evolved shiny Zubat)
Shiny Chingling (Its little tie things are orange) (Diamond)

Edit: Of course, i saw countless nickname shinies on Pokemon stadium.
(Nickname shinies are not true shiny pokemon, thier nickname causes them to turn a different color when sent into battle on some console pokemon games.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, I just got a shiny Beldum which I'm going to evolve into a Shiny Metagross and if ya look at the shinies I want THERE HE IS!

Legit or sharked? I find it hard to believe that you'd have a shiny Dialga, Palkia AND Mew that are legit, and ARing shinies kinda takes the specialness out of 'em ;)

Some of 'em are still cool looking, though ^^

oh all you guys have a shiny and poor old me all i ever got was red gyarados!
But in fire red i found a shiny(gold) seaking I was overjoyed but then i realised i was in safari zone! It fled! I died! waaaah! :( :( :'( :'(

I have a shiney: Umbreon, Kangaskan,Garyados,Pikachu,Jirachi,Charizard,Rayquaza and some others there is like a 1 in 830017 chance of seeing one in the wild

I have a shiney: Umbreon, Kangaskan,Garyados,Pikachu,Jirachi,Charizard,Rayquaza and some others there is like a 1 in 830017 chance of seeing one in the wild

it's closer to 1/8219, and an update:

absol
weavile
electrode
voltorb
scizor
typhlosion
houndour
shinx
swellow

and will edit if i find i have any more hidden away somewhere >_>

After encountering Mesprit, I encountered and caught a shiny Bibarel in Diamond. Not my favorite Pokemon but it's still a shiny. That brings my grand total of shinies up to five.

I only have a couple of shines im allowed to take my gb to school and wvwery wants a shinet i have a shiney ralts and a shiney zigzagoon and i was traded a shiney raquaza

In Fire Red started out with a yellow Charmander
dpmfsa004.png

and now I have a Black Charizard
dpmfsa006.png

I have a Red Gyrados in Gold
dpmfsa130.png

and in Emerald i have a sorta albino Absol
dpmfsa359.png

nothing in Diamond yet

Today is a monumental day in UC's life. Today, March 29th, 2007....I caught my first ligit shiny ever.

Eh, so what, it's a magikarp....its a shiny. YAY! My fist shiny ever and its on my diamond.!!!

I now have in shiny within Pokémon Diamond - Gardevoir, Gyrados, another Gyrados, Starmie, Luxray, Lapras, Scyther, Ho-oh and a Shinx.

Other than that the only other shiny critters I've ever had was a Scyther in Fire Red (now in Pearl) and a Steelix in Gold.

As for ones I want, there's a link in my signature to a whole thread about it.

Edit: Updated the ones I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
my brother had found a shiny clampearl so i tried to find out a way to find my shiny pokemon and it worked i found a gold fearow
hope it helps
The answer
43361- 176- 386- 366= 42, 433. 433- 386= 47 + (176+ 366= 542) = 589 — routes 124 126 = 339 -366 = -27= 339+ 27 the difference between 339 and 336 is 27= clampearl

43361= trainer card

176= clampearl ( hoenn)

386= all pokemon

366= clampearl ( national)

my brother had found a shiny clampearl so i tried to find out a way to find my shiny pokemon and it worked i found a gold fearow
hope it helps
The answer
43361- 176- 386- 366= 42, 433. 433- 386= 47 + (176+ 366= 542) = 589 — routes 124 126 = 339 -366 = -27= 339+ 27 the difference between 339 and 336 is 27= clampearl

43361= trainer card

176= clampearl ( hoenn)

386= all pokemon

366= clampearl ( national)

where'd you find that? sorry, i just don't want you to get STELLARWINDFROMNOWHERE'D! for plagiarism.

edit: what exactly does the resulting number stand for? i just did that equation for Mr. Mime, and got 44. does this mean there's a 1/44 chance of me finding a shiny mr. mime, or what?

47592 is my ID, 122 = mr. mime nat'l dex, 493 = all pkmn total,

47592 - 122- 493 - 95 = 46882
882 - 493 = 389
389 + 217 = 606
606 - 440 = 166
166 - 122 = 44

--44--

P

Pokestar

I can get any Pokemon from Ruby shiny. My Ruby is glitched so every encounter I have is with a shiny!

I have a shiny palkia and I did have a shiny lugia. They were both in pearl.

I would really like to have a shiny latios and latias.

Off the top of my head there's three shinies I've caught (shiny Gyarados doesn't count :p): Larvitar, Nidoran (F), and Zigzagoon. I, being oh, so terribly original named them, in order: Silver, Amethyst, and Crimson. Aren't I the wittiest? ::)

One time on Silver a few years ago I let a little kid play my game and when I was doing something else I heard the battle initiate and then "DING-DINGDINGDING" and I was like "what the hell?" so I looked at the screen and pretty much grabbed the Gameboy from the kid so fast he probably couldn't even tell what happened. I caught it, a shiny Nidorino.

And, just a few days ago, I was playing on Pearl and found a shiny Onix in the Iron Island caverns. That made my day!

My girlfriend caught a shiny Trapinch on... Emerald I believe it was, and that was sometime last year.

Now I'm doing shiny hunting with the PokeRadar and hoping to find more.

I was playing Ruby or sapphire once(I forget which) and I encountered a Shiny Shupet when I was trying to find Chimeco. (Oh, must have been Sapphire then...) I fought, and caught it. I played on, and turned the gameboy off. WITHOUT SAVING! I lost the shiny Shuppet, dangit! I seriously wanted to shoot myself for being so stupid.

I saw a shiny Pidgey but had no idea what the thing was and turned the game off, thinking it was freaking out on me. Later on, I borrowed a shiny Sneasel from a friend and used it to breed a shiny Pikachu. Tried and tried to get a shiny Eevee, but it never happened. Of course, this was all on Gold and Silver, so I can't transfer any of them.

Basically, I would love to have a shiny just about anything on my team. ;)

A few days ago I got my first shiny ever in any game excluding the Red Gyarados in GSC or the Shiny Espeon in the Trainer Tower in FRLG: I was training my Shroomish (now Breloom) in Victory Road in Pearl, and I was half-playing, half-doing something else. Suddenly I look into the screen and ask myself... "Is that Medicham blue?" It was, and when I saw the sparkles I couldn't believe it. Luckily I always bring like 10 of every type of ball with me all the time, so in 3 or 4 Dusk Balls, she was mine. I'm so happy! ;D

Hey, an odd thought just popped in my head... I wonder what would happen if you bred a shiny Ditto with a non-shiny pokemon? would the egg be shiny, or not? I'm not sure because I'd never find a shiny Ditto. I would have to be ridiculously lucky or I cheated. If you have a shiny Ditto, try this and see what happens.

I'm still pretty angry about that Shuppet. I think I saw a Shiney Nidorino once, too. It was in the grass before Lake of Rage, I knew that...I'm not sure what pokemon it was, though. However, I think it was a Nidorino.

the only way it would be more likely for you to have a shiny offspring would be is if it was in GSC, and if one of the parents was shiny. and in GSC, the first shiny you want would be shiny ditto, so you have a 1/60 chance of its babies being shiny. IN GSC ONLY.

I saw a Shiny Arbok in Diamond, But it ran away from me in the Great Marsh >.> Sad.

I also caught a shiny Dugtrio with it's cool blue nose but my battery died :'(

So I have had bad luck with them pretty much...

My friend has a Black Charizard :0

my first shiny was in G/S/C and it wasn't gyarados,it was a shiny sentret,now it is a furret and all that,then I had very bad luck with shiny pokemon,like other 3 appeared to me,and I have a shiny magnezone