• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond and Pearl feature a Wi-Fi based thingy called the Global Trade Center - which allows trades between remote users. From what I hear it works like some kind of a bulletin board. You post a PokéMon and write in what you'd want in return. If someone is interested, they'd let you know, and there'll be a trade. Apparantly, by the way, this includes all versions of the game, including the Japanese ones.

A curious thing is that a PokéMon which you get in a trade from a different language version might retain its PokéDex entry in its original language! An example for this is seen in the Japanese version, where you can trade something with this in-game hiker, and the PokéDex entry for the PokéMon you recieve will be in German.

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A trade capability exists between all third-gen games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green) into the 4th-gen games, through something called the 'Pal Park'. A location inside the game. You're allowed to upload a certain number of PokéMon per cartridge per day, then wander along this park to have a chance to battle and catch the PokéMon you uploaded. Which, by the way, makes them 'yours' rather than 'traded'.

From what I remember, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen a shiney espeion...from a trainer, and never had one, but my friend had a shiney goldeen

Did you happen to see that Espeon in Trainer Hill in Fr/Lg? That's where I saw a shiny Espeon. I like it better in its nonshiny form. I just don't like the green color. It should've been purple!
I wouldn't mind having one though because it is a rarity after all.

Did you happen to see that Espeon in Trainer Hill in Fr/Lg? That's where I saw a shiny Espeon. I like it better in its nonshiny form. I just don't like the green color. It should've been purple!
I wouldn't mind having one though because it is a rarity after all.
yup...ive seen it there!

i've seen a shiny paras~

in the safari zone..

i was like OMG OMG OMG~!!

i called a friend and told him~

we tried to catch it.. but it ran away... i was so sad...

i have a shiny milotic in emerald.. i think it's cheated.. i got it traded~ :-\

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
i have a shiny milotic in emerald.. i think it's cheated.. i got it traded~ :-\

Mine wasn't ^_~

Has anyone actually mentioned the benefits yet of shiny obtainability over the WFC? If someone around here has a shiny that you really want, why not trade for it? As long as it's a fair trade that both people agree to, that is...

I'd like to say that I'd trade my shiny Milotic off for another, but in the end I don't think I would. It holds a bit of sentimental value now, and chances are the person I'd be trading with would've hacked their shiny in. So... yeah. Shinies may be all luck, but it's still fun being lucky.

I felt incredibly lucky when I captured not one, but two shiny Shuppet. I couldn't believe it. I only evolved one into a Banette. I've been playing my FireRed longer than Emerald and I haven't seen one shiny in it and I have five in Emerald. That's a testament to the randomness of it all. To me, it's just no fun to cheat to get shinies.

Linkachu I don't blame you for not wanting to trade that gorgeous Milotic. I have shiny Seviper, and though Seviper aren't my favorite Pokemon, I would trade it unless it was for something reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly good.

Mine wasn't ^_~

Has anyone actually mentioned the benefits yet of shiny obtainability over the WFC? If someone around here has a shiny that you really want, why not trade for it? As long as it's a fair trade that both people agree to, that is...

I'd like to say that I'd trade my shiny Milotic off for another, but in the end I don't think I would. It holds a bit of sentimental value now, and chances are the person I'd be trading with would've hacked their shiny in. So... yeah. Shinies may be all luck, but it's still fun being lucky.

He got my blastoise > o o <
i'd really take care of it :'(

i never once found a shiny ^^;; in i ran into quite alot of pokemon too i must have really bad luck ^^;; the only one i really want right now is the shiny gardevoir. ^^

Y'know, My mom helped me buy an emerald off of Ebay. It had all 386 pokemon on it in shiny form and lv100. O_O But it was sharked, and I couldn't trade them to XD, so i couldn't see shiny Raquaza vs. Orre Arena place. (can't spell the actual name) It's the worst choice EVER! >_< I could have saved that for Diamond!

Excuse me as I ball my eyes out. (o) (o)
L

I just caught a shiny Sneasel on my Pearl...

I have a shiny Lapras. That's it though. I'm now shiny hunting for anything that pops up. I want another shiny so I can transfer it to my Pearl.

lol i think ditto would be one of the best shinies cause it can transfrom into other pokemon shinies right?

I never thought about that. Now I wish I had a shiny Ditto to find out. I'm not sure that it would though. I think Ditto only changes into the likeness of the Pokemon confronting it. If the Pokemon it is facing is shiny then it will transform into a shiny. I don't think the shininess of the Ditto has anything to do with it. This is only a theory... I guess I could test it myself. I think I will now!

Edit: I just tried it. I got my Shiny Corsola to battle a normal Ditto. That Ditto didn't turn into a shiny Corsola. So I don't know. Maybe a shiny Ditto will turn into a shiny version of the Pokemon it is facing.

what's the deal with the shiny espeon and fr/lg? anyway....i have a shiny voltorb/electrode, which i found in my bro's fr, (exploring on my own!!! he didn't catch it..)i cloned the voltorb so i could get one of each evo. ((please don't bash me for cloning, i just don't like having to catch 2 of every shiny i get...)

what's the deal with the shiny espeon and fr/lg?

I pretty sure it's the only instance you will ever see a shiny Pokemon in a trainer battle. If you take the the Trainer Tower challenge you may see this Espeon. I can't remember if it's in the Single, Double, Knockout, or Mixed challenge. I'm thinking it's in the latter three though.

I pretty sure it's the only instance you will ever see a shiny Pokemon in a trainer battle. If you take the the Trainer Tower challenge you may see this Espeon. I can't remember if it's in the Single, Double, Knockout, or Mixed challenge. I'm thinking it's in the latter three though.
Its in the double battle.

anyways, I've only seen one shiny pokemon, A Kakuna, and i accidently KO'd it, i wasnt even aware it was shiny at the time (YOU wake up at 4am and be fully aware of any situation..)

For all that want to know, I have a shiny ditto-it doesn't transform into shiny pokemon. Sorry. :\

I have seen a shiny swinub on silver, but I accidently killed it. D:

I wan't to have a shiny Charizard, because the black charizard looks AWESOME.

After trying for 2 days for Shiny Charmander, I gave in, and setteled for a good nature.

My first battle just /happened/ to be a Shiny Pidgey. Directly SECONDS before getting Pokeballs. :K
So I tried for Shiny Charmander again, and gave in again.

Just yesterday, I CAUGHT A SHINY SANDSHREW.

I've never trained one of these before, something I regret, as it's pretty damn good.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well, I managed to capture a shiny Bibarel in the Safari Zone/Great Marsh last night, it took three tries, I can't believe it didn't run away first XD.

As for other shinies, I have a shiny Golbat in my Sapphire game, it was caught in Leaf Green though.

Dragon master...your millions of shinies don't happen to be sharked, do they? Cuz I find it hard to believe you SRed for THAT many shinies...

i've never seen one..I've played Red/Blue/Silver/Emerald/Colleseum.

Yep thats right....all those hours and not one shiny.

All I've seen is a Shiny Rhydon in Silver that I totally kicked myself in the butt for having no Poke'balls on hand and a Shiny Roselia in Ruby that I accidentally KO'd. And that'd be it.​

*Sigh* Well, I have no shinies. I've seen no shinies on my games except that dang given one. However, I do have a friend with a shiny umbreon and I think a shiny espeon.

i currently have shiny:
voltorb
electrode
duskull
tyrogue
zubat

looking for more, so if you want shinies...well, you're getting a shiny voltorb or electrode, but only if you give me some shininess in return.

Well, I've probably gained another 100 hours of gameplay since the last time I was moaning about never having had a shiny... and I've still not seen one.

I feel that.

I myself have never seen a shiney on any of my 6 pokemon games and 4 pokemon emulators, but a friend of mine has a shiney psyduck and a shiney manectric.

I guess i just pretty much fail at life.

I'd go for any shiney, really. I'm not particular in the least. I'd just like to have one, y'kno?

I have never once seen a shiny....
And I want to see one so bad...

And I would love to have a shiny leafeon and glaceon.... Not to mention eevee...

Well... If I have patience, maybe I'll get one?