• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

*~ Shaymin's Cloud of sprites! *~

@PokeGirlPraure: Glad you like it :)!

@Kasumi: Thanks once again for the nice complement :DD! Alsoo, I like the name Cole, so that's what I am going to name the rival :>!

Finished the last admin of Team Flash! So, here he is ~*
Admin2.png

I sort of ran out idea's when making him ^^ Alsoo, don't forget to suggest a name :DD!
That's not all :oo! Made a new fusion :]
012butterfree.png

Personally, I think it's one of my best fusions yet...
Andd, another lineless Pokémon :DD
Spr5b492Slineless.png

This was easily the hardest lineless Pokémon I have done. That's about all :>!

Shaymin ~*

O:
That fusion is so adorable <333

With the big eyes, and the purple, and the heart things, and jklgshog ♥
It just looks so cute~

You should name him Storm~ Horrible name is horrible

I'm going to be honest here, at first I didn't want to post in your thread because your sprites were so good and I didn't want to encourage my competitors in the Sprite Board xD Silly me is silly :>

Your lineless Leavanny is really good. The mouth looks a bit weird though and you can't see the teeth, but it's still really good ^^
The female admin is great. I love her, you did an excellent job. My only issue is that she looks a bit more like a grunt, she doesn't have that "air" of importance about her as her colleagues have. Still, really nice, I really do like her a lot ^^
The revamp is awesome. The tail could use some darker outlining maybe, but otherwise it's very nice ^^
Lineless Dewott is made of win. Period.
The rival looks great. I can't really find anything bad about him. He looks like an official sprite. Well done *applauds*
The latest admin is great as well. Sommehow he pulls of thaat air of importance that the previous one failed to have. Nice one. I think you should name him Blixt. It's a swedish word for lightning it's cool because it has an X ^^
The fusion is good I guess, but I have some trouble making out the head and stuffs. Some parts on it are a bit iffy :/

Great work though, you are a rising star in this board, I must say ^^

@ Ked: Thanks for the nice complement :)!

@Weeds: Thanks for the complements and the helpful advice it really helps ;>. Though, I have one question. With the fusion do you want me to make the head stand out more?

Anywayss, I have decided to name the last admin Blixt; I just love that name :DD! He is one of the three admins part of the Storm Trio (that's right Ked I used your name too ;DD)!
I decided to redo Lady Thunder's head to make her not look like a grunt. Soo, without further ado ~*
Teamflashadmin21-Copy.png

Tell me what you guys think; I personally like her better :>
I have also been trying to make some cosplays and I made one and thought it turned out ok, so here it is ~*
Mewcosplay.png

If you can't tell, it's a cosplay of Mew (Advice on how to improve my cosplays etc, I would greatly appreciate). Thats about it.

Shaymin ~*

Yaay, you went with my name! :DD

You did a great job with Lady Thunder. She does not look like a grunt at all anymore. Now she looks just as important as her colleagues ^^

There's really not that much to say about the cosplay, it's not bad in any way, but it isn't really wow either. You did what you could with it, but I must say I like the ears on her :3

And you could remake the fusion if you feel like it, but if you don't want to you don't have to. It's your choice.

~Weeds ^^

Thanks guys for the nice complements :)!

Creating her was very hard! Coming up with different ideas was confusing and annoying! Although, I think she turned out ok. Don't forget to suggest a name ;DDD!

Alsoo, now that I am back at school, updates probably won't be as often
That's about all!

Shaymin ~*

Wow, you couldn't have done any better! I like the red sun thingy. For her name... I suggest Madame Sun? (In other words, I just got back from school and my brain hurts.) Keep up the good work!

Wow, this mysterious lady looks pretty good! :O
For some reason you can really see how much effort you put in to her, and she came out great! Her eyebrows look a little thick and masculine, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :3 It makes her look more powerful and gives her more character.
It's a bit hard to make out what the red thing in front of her hand is, is it supposed to be lightning?
I'd like to suggest a name, but I feel it's unfair since you already used one of my suggestions c:

Great work, can't wait to see more! ^^

~Weeds

I really like your work :) especially the lineless. I think the leaders name should be Sol or Raven, or because those sound funny/cool together with the 'or', Solar Raven lol.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys DD:! School has just been a bit busy and I am just not in the mood for spiriting lately. Anywayss, I felt like doing some sprites so I did :DDD
Sooo, I sorta fixed up my boss, cause all you guys were thinking it was a ball of sun when it's meant to be lightning :DDD Here she is ~*
Untitled4-1.png

I decided to pose her with a Pokémon ;>. Name suggestions are still open! Got my eye on one name though so be quick ;)!
Anddd, made a little trainer sprite :DDD! ~*
JAY-1-1.png

I call him Trainer Jay :> That's all for now guys >.>

Shaymin ~*

I knew it was lightning the whole time ^^ The blue looks much better though :>
Nice posing, but I think it could've been slightly improved. Electivire looks like he (or she) is flying behind her cos their feet are at different levels. You could try moving the 'vire a bit down and put it in front of her cape. That could improve the shot a little, methinks ^^

I like trainer Jay ^^ He's not that complex, but he doesn't have to be. I love his pants, they're well made and cool :3

Godd sprites, can't wait to see moarz! ^^

~Weeds

I am back! Made a little sprite to! Sooo, without further ado ~*
Untitledgym4-1.png

She is suppose to be a Fighting Gym Leader ^^. Tell me what you guys think :DD. Don't forget to suggest a name :]
That's all for now...

Shaymin ~*

You keep getting better an better! I actually preferred Madame Sun with the red sun instead of blue, but eh. Trainer J has a good pose... and blue streaks in his hair! He's awesome! totally not saying it's awesome because a guy called Trainer J made my avatar ZING

The fighting gym leader is good too! Her pose looks a bit strange and her arm looks a bit big (Te one holding the pokeball) but overall still good! Call her... Charlotte! X3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, once again ^^! I tried fixing up the soon to be named "Fighting Gym Leader" :3 Soo, here she is ~*
Untitledgym4-11-1.png

Which one do you guys like more? :> Personally, I like this one better she looks like a care free kind of Gym Leader (plus her pose suits her a bit more me thinks). That's it >.> <.<
Edit: fixed it ;)

Shaymin ~*

That's a cool leader you got there :3 I like the second pose more, but her... Umm, private areas look a little awkward. There's a dent just there, but if you remove that, it should be fine :3

I suggest Chiara as a name, I think it fits :>

~Weeds

Wow I like your Sprites especially the Woogar and the Dragon Trainer nicely made and well the Woogar just looks awesome. ;D
But yeah keep it up you do great work and I like it :D

'Ello everyone :DD! Sorry for the lack of updates... you know school and stuff >.>. Anwayss, I couldn't really bring any sprites as offerings :3 but I have picked the names I like the best :DDD! Soo, the fighting gym leader is known as *Drumroll* Charlotte!! Alsooo, the boss of Team Flash is known as *Drumroll* Raven! I promise guys I will have some sprites up by the weekend :DD. Oo, yeah thanks BlackAmber and Weeds for your nice comments ^.^ .
About it...

Shaymin ~*

Hello guys ^.^! Been a while..
Anywayss, In my free time I made lil sprite :DD
GYM-2.png

She is a normal type Gym Leader :>! Suggest a name :DD
EDIT: Made her with a team shot, sort of...
GYM-3.png

Keep in mind she is the first gym leader ;DD
That's it...

Shaymin ~*

OK, a bit of criticism...

Her let hand (Without the Pokeball) looks a bit odd. It looks like someone had just smashed it with a brick. :p
The shoes are fine, but the legs are un-naturally skinny, and wonky.
The hair looks a bit strange, but eh. Great job on the sprite! For a name, I suggest... Alice!

I agree with Louie, she does look too skinny for her own good. No offence now, but I'm going to be very negative this post :X

I think she looks like a female human version of Jack Skellington. I mean, she is unnaturally thin, to an extent where it's almost gross. It could've been okay if her head was like that too, but as her head is normal, she just looks really awkward. You could really try making it a little thicker, adding one pixel of width could do all the difference. Her left (note her left, not ours) arm looks really strange as well, because from the elbow onwards it's normally thick, while the part from the elbow to the shoulder is thin like the rest of the body. The legs do look a bit wobbly, because of how the pixels are arranged. With that pose you'd want to go for a relatively straight line instead of going two pixels down, one to the left, then suddenly five pixels and then two again, if you see what I mean. Her hair does look kinda weird too, but that's no biggie, that could very well be her hair color and hairstyle.

Now, don't take this personally. I love your sprites and I think you're a cool kid. I just personally find this sprite far below your other sprites, and I'd like to help you as much as I can, as a fellow spriter. Still keep it up, and please bring us more, awesome sprites! ^^

~Weeds

Hiya! I'll make this quickish, being on a phone and all ♥

Your sprites are quite charming, I will say. Your recent gym leader fits the role of the normal type in a nice manner! A plain style of dress and no extremely wacky hairstyle and colors signal that she is a normal leader. I will say that perhaps the hair covering her eye is a bit too low In contrast to the hair above her other eye. Maybe you could try to balance it out, perhaps?

As for a name, I'd suggest something like Laina, Lana, or Emma. Something that isn't too fancy, and she seems like an L or E type of person. I would say Alice or Alicia as a name as well, but something like that seems more suited to an ice type leader, in my opinion.

I apologize for not going terribly in depth, but I hope I helped nonetheless!

'Ello everyone! :DD Well I tried Fixing up the extremely skin woman and it sorta worked. Although, it has proven to be harder than I thought... So I might post the new and improved her later... :DD On another note I tried doing a mugshot and I think it turned ok :>
JayMugshot.png

It's a mugshot of Trainer Jay (my Oc). I don't know if it just me or does the hair look a bit awkward?
That's it for now :p.

Shaymin ~*

Oh... Is this your first try with mugshots? If so, it looks very well. The hair looks OK, but the face looks awkward. At least for me. But it's still really good! I want moar :>

It's just you :>

That is a great mugshot. If that's your first one you are truly a really talented spriter. I tried doing a mugshot once, but it looked horrible. That, however, is great. I don't really know what to say other than that. Excellent work!

~Weeds

Thanks guys :DD! It's not actually my first mugshot (my third to be exact) but it's my first detailed one :>!

First team shot so I expect some mistakes... I think it might be a bit cramped?
That's it everyone :D!

Shaymin ~*

Wanna see cramped teamshots? Go to my sprite thread. Now that's cramped teamshots for you :p

It's pretty good, TBH. It's a good thing that you decided to actually have the 'Floon levitating above the others, I've seen teamshots where flying Pokémon are at ground level, which just doesn't make sense. Two things that you could edit (Note could, you can leave it like that and everybody'd be perfectly happy) are a) the 'Floon. You could move it behind the rest of the team, I think that could look better. And b) you could move some of the Pokés to his left side. In general you want the trainer in the middle, so it looks more balanced. Again, just ignore this if you like ^^;

But overall it's pretty good, and I think it could be slightly improved, but as I said multiple times, you don't have to ^^;

~Weeds

I toke your advice Weeds and did what you said :p
JAY-1TEAM.png

I actually like Drifloon's positioning now, she looks better :D I tried to put the trainer in the center a bit more (I am no good at putting Pokémon on the left side :>, well at least his left). Taking requests in team shots now :DD

Shaymin ~*

I think it looks better as well :) You did a pretty good job of centering trainer Jay, but there's still a bit of open space on his left. I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but would you mind if I had a go at that team shot?

~Weeds

Holla everyone!
Well I wanted to feel part of the group so...
ShhSECRET.png
secret.png
SECRET-1.png

Now when these starters are shown don't comment like you can tell what the base is :> (just doing it for fun).
Anywayss, mysterious ~* OOO!
You will get to see them after 2 posts :DD ~* OOO!

Shaymin~*

Yaay, post number two! ^^

Those look interesting, and it's not very hard to guess which one is which type, which is good IMO ^^ Please unveil them today so i can see them before I leave for Austria~

~Weeds

Without further ado :>! ~*

Firestarter.png

Name: ??
Fire/Poison

Grassstarter.png

Grass

WaterStarter.png

Water/Flying

Once again I need name suggestions! I am just horrible with names; I will do the 'Dex entries after the names are picked :> Anywayss, tell me which one you would pick ^^?

Shaymin ~*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee how cute!
Since I'm terrible with names too, I can't suggest anything...
But they're so cute! Can I haz all of them? Please? *puppy eyes* (seriously, what's with me and puppy eyes lately?)
But if it's just one, then I guess I would pick up the Water one. It's just too cute to resist!

Let's get to naming~! ♥
For the snake, I would suggest Cobrasma or Miasian. They're both a mix of miasma and cobra or ophidian, respectfully ♥

I'd say the Grass rat thing be called Vermeed, a mix of a weed and vermin ♥

I'd call the Water Bird Pleuvowl, a mix of the french verb to rain, Pleuvoir, and fowl or owl, since I can't tell if it's an owl or just a bird ♥

I, um, enjoy doing names :> Mind that snake is hard since there's not a lot of words with it.

Name time.. GO!

For the water owl thing, I suggest aquowl, aqua and owl.
For the snake, I suggest Xicrange, mix of Toxic and orange.
For the other one, I can't think of names.
Good creativity!

Wow I am really liking the name suggestions :DD! (I will just wait a little while until I confirm them give some other people a chance :>). Alsoo, thanks for your nice comment Parure ;>!
Anwaysss,
Mystery.png

Mystery ~* OOO ~! What do you guys think it is :>?
That's it for now... ;>

Shaymin ~*