• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shaymin Events in Europe

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
492sky.png
With Pokemon Platinum arriving in the UK on May 22nd, GAME stores across the UK have given fans the opportunity to pre-order copies of the game, with all pre-ordered copies being sold with a small discount....but that's not all. Stores across the UK are also allowing players to download an event Shaymin onto their Diamond/Pearl game, complete with the moves Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute and Energy Ball. The Shaymin will be level 50 and be contained within a Cherish Ball. The hold item hasn't been confirmed, although odds are it will be the Micle Berry item that other event Shaymin have held in past events.

The number of events taking place is considerably higher than the number of events that gave away Darkrai last summer, with multiple events taking place across the UK on every day between the 4th and 18th of April, except for the 6th, 7th and 14th of April. The usual event activities will be taking place at those locations as well.

The Shaymin events will also be held in Spain starting from April 15th at GAME stores, and it's likely that France, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands will be having their events start at the same time as the Spain events. Germany's events will be being held in ten McDonald's restaurants across the country between April 25th and May 17th.

More information on the event dates/locations in the UK can be found here: http://www.game.co.uk/pokemonevent/

...and Nintendo's Official Shaymin site can be found here: http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/shaymin/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for this, KoL.

And now, maybe someone will get an extra for me... *hint, hint* :3

I made a thread for this on Smogon which you can view if you like.

I'll be travelling to the Manchester Event on 4th April with some friends. I have two copies of Diamond and one copy of Pearl, so I'll be getting three versions of Shaymin. However, since I'm a competitive player I'll be soft-resetting for a good Nature (Modest / Timid) and IVs. So I may not be able to trade to people right away.

I'll most likely get the Pokémon cloned once I obtain them, so if anyone is looking for a copy of them I'll be glad to give you one (for free) if you don't mind cloning. However, I don't own an AR of my own, so I'll have to wait until I can either borrow it from a friend, or have him come round to clone for me.

I also already have legit versions of the Japanese and US versions of this Event, so if you would also like cloned versions of those, I can do that for you too. Again, I don't want anything in return, I'd just be willing to give them away to people who either can't make the European Events or also collect Events from other countries.

I'll also be heading to the Manchester Event on April 9th, where I'll pre-order Platinum and probably stay there for a while to do trades and battles.

Hope to see you there if you can make it to any of the same Events as me!

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'll hopefully be going to the April 4th Manchester event like Havak, although I may end up going to the April 9th event instead since I know where the Arndale Centre is, and have no idea how to get to the Trafford Centre yet. Well, I've managed to get from Manchester to Birmingham without any clue where I'm going...hopefully it'll work out this time too.

I'll hopefully be going to the April 4th Manchester event like Havak, although I may end up going to the April 9th event instead since I know where the Arndale Centre is, and have no idea how to get to the Trafford Centre yet. Well, I've managed to get from Manchester to Birmingham without any clue where I'm going...hopefully it'll work out this time too.
If you know your way around Manchester City Centre at all and can get to the 'Shudehill Bus Station' (it's behind the Printworks), the number 100 Bus goes straight to the Trafford Centre from there, and you'll know when you've arrived lol. If that's too much of a hassel, you could look up which other buses go there.

Also, if you're a driver, just printing off some directions using the post code or using a Sat Nav should suffice.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Out of the two events being held in Sheffield, I think I'd like to attend the one on the 9th more, just because the area is safer. I'd rather take my DS out in a shopping mall than in the middle of the City Centre. I work on the 9th though, so I guess I'll have to see. If the events start off really early I could go before work...

i went to this yesterday and got my shaymin, bashfull nature too, so all in all went OK, had Mc D's after woulds as well :) you should of seen the line for people to play the platinum demo.

i went to this yesterday and got my shaymin, bashfull nature too, so all in all went OK, had Mc D's after woulds as well :) you should of seen the line for people to play the platinum demo.

im getting mine wednesday...ooooh you can play platinum demo? GET IN! lol but who is this amazing trainer there to battle?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's just a Nintendo rep with a team. They had the same thing at some Darkrai events last year.

I'll be at the Leeds one this sunday if anyone's gonna be there too. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just got back from getting mine ^^

I've never been to an event before, mainly due to the events never being near enough to where I live, or just not knowing about them. I must say that I was rather horrified, stood in that store and being not only twice the age of everyone else, but three times the age in some cases. Even after finding myself a quiet corner I felt rather out of place, listening to kids saying how awesome their cloned level 100 Pokemon were

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Just got back from the Chelmsford event with a rather different experience... Pretty much half the people there were around my age or older, so I got chatting to a few of them. A pretty good day all in all, so, if any of the guys I met see this, hi!

Chelmsford was good in the respect of everybody was chatting and getting on however was a little dissappionted with what was there. As i was expecting a the very least PBR to be set up, which it wasn't. Overall with the people that i spoke to and the fact that i got shaymin it was well worth the trip.