• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shadow triad are the the Striaton Gym Leaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeman266

2015 Singles Champion
I know that this is an old topic but I'd like some discussion on it anyway.

There has been lot of speculation on the Shadow Triad. Many people believe that the triad are actually the Striaton Gym Leaders ( Cress, Chili and Cilan )
Post your thoughts here.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen some retarded fan theories before, but this one seriously takes the cake.

Referring you to this video:

(Pardon shitty recording quality, I couldn't find a better video of the Memory Link event, for some reason).
The Shadow Triad kind of kicked their asses there. They are shown confronting each other in the Pokemon Adventures/Pocket Monsters Special manga as well.

They also look absolutely nothing alike. Note the Shadow Triad (or at least one of them, they're identical-ish) look like this:

Team_Plasma_B2W2_opening.png

Whereas the Striaton Trio look like this.

250px-Cilan_anime.png
250px-Chili_anime.png
250px-Cress_anime.png

Wigs are a thing. Eye color can be masked with contacts. Eye shape can't be. The Striaton trio have rather rounded eyes and at least one of them has no frigging eyewhites for some bizarre design reason that only Gamefreak probably understands. The Shadow Triad have the sort of traditional angular bishie villain eyes. In anime-style designs eye shape means a hell of a lot in terms of face differentiation - and note that while some idiots tend to be fooled... Anyone watching at home can tell that this:

247.jpg
266px-XY029.png

Is James, just from the general eye/face shape. The Narutard Triad may have ridiculous Ninja skills honed through years of training, but they sure as fuck haven't learned to mutate their eye shape.

Tl;dr, it's complete bullshit beyond some ridiculous fantasies of a certain class of fans and I'm locking this thread since it has zero discussion value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.