• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
So, for some reason I just really want to do an RP based on Shadow Pokemon. For those of you unfamiliar with them, the Pokemon made their appearance in the Game Cube games Pokemon: Colosseum and it's sequel: Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness (I hope that doesn't put an emoticon). Essentially, Shadow Pokemon are Pokemon who have the door to their hearts closed.

"Shadow Pokémon are created through an undisclosed process that removes the Pokémon's emotions, turning it into a soulless fighting machine." -Bulbapedia

"While normal Pokémon are generally friendly and trusting creatures, Shadow Pokémon are not hesitant to attack with full force, using Shadow moves, such as Shadow Rush. Likewise, they do not attack only other Pokémon, and will actually attack Trainers. Shadow Pokémon can sometimes be overwhelmed by their emotions, indicating the relative instability of their Shadow state, and will sometimes enter a state known as Hyper Mode in Colosseum and Reverse Mode in XD. This state will be triggered more often the closer the Pokémon is to purification, making them generally more difficult to battle with until they are ultimately purified. A Pokémon in this state can be cured of it by calling to it in battle or use of a scent, as well as several other methods, or can recover on its own." -Also Bulbapedia

Now, with any luck, you read this, so you know what Shadow Pokemon are capable of. Shadow Pokemon also do not use normal moves, and use "Shadow Moves." These moves are Super Effective against every Pokemon other than Shadow Pokemon themselves.

Here is a link to all Shadow Moves. You can not use Shadow Blast, as it is a Shadow alternative to Lugia's Aeroblast, and is only learnable to Lugia. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_move (Shadow move - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

I'll also restrict the amount of Shadow Pokemon people have to three. You can only have one at the beginning of the RP, which can (if you wish) be given to you by Professor Oak. We can obtain the rest afterwards.

Now, for the story:
It's been several years since the Second Shadow Pokemon Outbreak in the Orre Region. The Pokemon Trainer Michael, along with his Pokemon, defeated the leader of Cipher, Greevil. Cipher was thought to have been disbanded, and all the Shadow Pokemon snagged. At the time, that was true. Now, a portion of Cipher's forces have arrived in the Kanto Region, their location entirely unknown. Trainers have reported seeing Pokemon that were overly aggressive, some even attacking their trainers. Professor Oak has put out a call to several skilled Pokemon Trainers for their help, and to meet him at his lab in Pallet Town.

This is all I've thought up for tonight (or, I suppose, this morning). This is (for the moment) open and I'm always up for ideas. If you'd be interested, just say so, maybe throw in a couple ideas. If you have ideas for big plot points, hit me up with a convo. Of course, this isn't the final "Draft," if you will, of the RP, but it's the main idea. Would anyone be interested?