• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shades of Lavender (Full!)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hali saw the Pelipper heading towards him. How could she have known he was there? But he dismissed the thought immediately. It didn't matter right now; he was in almost a life-and-death situation. So the Pelipper saw him in his hiding place. Not fun, but he guessed having red on his head was a disadvantage if he ever wanted to camouflage himself, and so it was only natural for some other bird to spot him, especially one with Keen Eye. Thinking fast, Hali did what he was best at: using status conditions to slow down his enemy, then teleporting away to a safer place. Well, it was the only plan right now, as he was in no mood to fight, and he was genuinely worried, for this was the first time he had battled a Pokemon that had already evolved.

Making a sudden dash, Halito fired a quick Confuse Ray at the Pelipper. Confuse Ray was his specialty, but when he saw that the attack missed (again), he decided on a quick plan B. Still flapping his small wings (though it was large enough to let him fly, unlike some other Natus), Hali circled his opponent, hoping that this would confuse it, and then continuosly pecked its head.

"Take this for disturbing me! And this! And that! And some of these!" the small bird ranted on as he pecked the Pelipper. Hopefully it would be too dazed once he was done to even attack him, but he wasn't going to tke chances. He fired a Psychic at his opponent, then tried to teleport out.

It never really crossed Ace's mind that these new contenders were all Water Types. As a representative of one of the more powerful Fire Pokemon, at least according to his friends and family, and a wild one at that, it should be expected that many a trainer, both skilled and inexperienced, have tried to capture him in the past, and the fact that he was here was proof that he had certainly given them all a run for their money. Nevertheless, he had managed to battle a lot of Water Pokemon in his time, and this one wasn't going to get the best of him. He had already taken into account that he was injured himself, so this was going to have to be a quick match.

"Look, buddy, it'll be better if you don't make a fuss. Tyrel's a nice guy, he'll take good care of you," she reasoned with him. Well, this was a bit unexpected. Clearly, this Pokemon was taking pity on him. This could prove advantageous in avoiding a battle. As much as he'd love to earn himself another victory, there was something more important now. As he turned over to his partner and the approaching Golduck.

-----

Grould turned towards the Golduck as it drew near. "Hey you, hold up, where's your trainer?" it asked him. Grould pondered about the situation, and as he saw Ace looking at him, and giving him a small nod, he smiled and with some effort, tried to turn towards the Golduck.

"Well, the thing is," He stuttered, trying to organize all the thoughts in his head. "Our trainer's resting over at that building," his nose pointing at the Pokemon Center. "And my friends and I all decided to do some training, but it got a little out of hand, and our buddy here got a little knocked out," he nudged his shoulder at the Spearow on his back. "So, uh, we'll just head back over to the building, get him checked on by the nurse, and we'll all catch each other later for a battle, okay?" He asked quickly.

-----

Ace was impressed. He smiled slightly as Grould gave a nervous look and then called him over. "Right, so if you don't mind," He turned to the Wartortle. " Me and my fellow CAPTURED Pokemon," he stressed this greatly, " will be heading back now. And I must apologize again, if we may have caused you any inconvenience, and I am sure we did," he said as he glanced at the now extinguished ruins that was once Matsika's perch, and Bonnie and Clyde's hideout. He approached his partner and made a motion to check the Spearow's pulse, whether he was conscious yet or not remained to be seen, for as soon as his ear touched his feathered back, he quickly retracted it. Right, let's make this quick, he thought to himself. "Grould, I think we need to get...uh," he struggled to remember his name, "Matsika! We have to get Matsika to the Center quickly!" He said as he nudged him to rush over to the center. "Like I said, I'm really sorry about what happened, but let's just call it a day, when we're rested, we'll go do a battle or something," he said as he gave a courteous bow. Grould joined in, giving them an even lower bow. "I look forward to a battle," he added.

As they began to sprint away, Ace looked at Grould. "You meant that, didn't you?" He asked him with a grin. Grould looked at him puzzled, and realized he was referring to the battle. "Well, I don't know. Let's see if we can find a Trainer we can stick to until the suspicion dies down first." He replied. Ace nodded as they reached the door of the Pokemon Center.

Tch, just her luck. The Quagsire dropped down in front of her. She could either high-tail it out of there or she could use her mind. She noticed how the two mutts escaped he situation, taking the Spearow with him...maybe she should follow suit. Besides, it would be alot more fun to try and weasel her way closer to this human, just to steal something in spite of the boy. Putting on the most polite voice she could, she took a few steps towards the Quagsire. "H-hello! Is that your trainer down there?" She inquired sweetly but timidly before a sad look crossed over her face.

Her ears drooped as she looked at the roof she stood on. "I can't find my trainer." Her voice was mopey as her paws fondly fiddled with the Quick Claw around her neck. Even though it didn't show, her insides were giddy with glee. Man, she was getting GOOD at this! She made a little sniffle sound with her nose as she forced her eyes to water, bring one paw up to wipe away the forceful tears. "I...I dunno if she accidentally left me here because of all this ghost talk. My friend also got left behind...but he...he ran away." Now she was sitting down, both paws to her face as she gave little sobs. It was SO hard not to crack even the slightest smile as Bonnie played her role. Man, maybe she should've gone into acting instead of stealing.

"He...he didn't wanna stay and wa-wait with me for her..." The Sentret's tail was limp behind her as she was on her rump, now giving sniffles as she looked up to the Quagsire with watery eyes, nose frumpling with every sniffle. "C-can you help me find my tra-trainer?" Bonnie swipped a paw under her nose, a sad, hopeful smile coming acrossed her face as she stared at the taller creature, forcing a glimmer of adoration into her eye to try and cover up that glimmer of glee.

- ~ - ~ -

Clyde was having a rather pleasant stroke of luck as the Ekans happily took the bribe and he was no longer burdened by the two bags. "I need to go look for my friend, so I'll be right back." He was about to leave before the Ekans grabbed onto his tail, the voice coming up surprisingly female. "Oh don't go out there, it's getting dark. Don't you know what happens at night in Lavender town?" Her words sparked his curiousity as the Zigzagoon turned and sat with the coiled Ekans in the hole. "Not really, I never payed attention to the locals." Clyde admitted as she rattled her tail in dissapproval.

"They say that you can hear the wails of the deceased Poke'mon, who are angry because of their graves being defiled when they replaced the tower with the other one." She continued as she noted he looked very interested. "We wilds don't know the whole story, but a Oddish told me the other day he heard two kids saying something about trainers Poke'mon dissappearing overnight in Lavender town!" Her voice was astonished as Clyde thought about it. Well, it would make sense, that one boy had stopped chasing them earlier that day when they entered Lavender. So he probably didn't follow because of all these rumors. "What else?"

"Some wilds, mostly the birds I've tried eaten, said that when flying over Lavender, they could see the ghosts themselves!" Ekans continued. "Really? Tell me more!" Clyde insisted, digging out a few berries from a pack and splitting them between himself and the serpant as she went on and on about rumors and stories.

Quagsires are not known for their intellect. Pick up the nearest pokedex and it will happily inform you that they bump their heads on rocks, boats, and Gyaradoses on a regular basis without seeming to even mind. The only reason they're even able to survive in the wild is because prey wanders into their open mouths, either due to inattentiveness or pity. Naturally, seeing the Sentret all distraught was a convincing enough act to sway him. After all... you didn't see wild Sentrets in Lavender Town, and this one had an item on. Tyrel hadn't been sure they were wild, and he certainly wouldn't wanna accidentally steal somebody's best friend on them. Yeah, in fact... he'd be proud of Quagsire for being so helpful! Being proud meant snacks and tummy rubs!

Slowly, a large, blunt flipper patted the Sentret. "There, there. Tyrel is nice. He'll help. We'll... we'll, uh..." What were they gonna do? C'mon, Quagsire, brain time! "...Um, oh! The Pokemon Center! There's a... there's a lost and found there, I remember because I got mittens for Christmas but then I lost them and they were in the lost and found." Quagsire nodded, as if he'd just imparted some great and dazzling pearl of wisdom. "Your trainer will find you there, and so will your friend. We can go... um... as soon as we know how to get down." The last part was accompanied by a glance off the edge of the building. It was easy for Pelipper to take them places and all, but on his own, he wasn't very good at flying.

Golduck seemed to have reached the same conclusion as Quagsire, more or less. It made sense that guys had trainers; wild Poochyenas in Kanto were very out of place. The first thing he did was turn and wave, calling out to Wartortle before she attacked. "Oy, stand down, they aren't wild!" Wartortle nodded, then waddled back over to Tyrel to try and explain Golduck's conclusion. With that potential crisis averted, he once again returned his attention to the Poochyena. "Hey... sorry about that. We just kinda figured any Pokemon on their own so close to nightfall had to be wild. With all the stuff that's been on the news, you just kinda assume people wouldn't risk it like that. You guys must be pretty brave... I'm looking forward to a match, too."

Matsika was, in fact, conscious; he'd heard every word that Grould had fed to the Golduck. The Spearow may have had a brash temper, but he wasn't an idiot; he could see that avoiding a brawl was best now. He simply lay still and kept his eyes shut. Frankly, it was better not to take chances. With his short fuse, he knew it was best to keep as passive a role as possible.

As for Pelipper... she seemed to be the only confused one out of the four. She didn't know too much about Natus, mind, but she'd been under the impression that they couldn't fly. Yet this one... this one had just went wild, zipping around her with all the ease and agility of a Wingull. By the time she'd managed to get over that, however, she'd been blindsided by a Psychic. Which, she was pretty sure, Natus didn't learn until after they were strong enough to evolve. Well... Abras and Drowzees didn't, anyway, so she could apply that to other psychics, right? Either way... if that little thing could fly around and launch strong attacks like that... could she really assume it was wild? All her other teammates seemed to have given up fighting, anyway. Maybe Tyrel had been mistaken, then?

"Um... are they in trouble...?" Mariel ventured, her gaze flicking from the puzzled Pelipper to the "sobbing" Sentret (hmph) over to the Golduck chatting away peacefully. She wasn't quite sure exactly what was going on, to be honest... but they did seem to be gravitating towards the Pokemon Center. That, at least, looked to be a good sign. As far as she could tell, anyway.

Ace nodded towards the Golduck's friendly gesture. Although now that he thought about it, he felt slightly guilty at the thought of lying to these Pokemon. Although technically, he did belong to someone, the entire police force in fact. But since all this time, no one has ever bothered to look for him, another reason why he spent the first few years as a wild pokemon depressed.

He looked at the two Pokemon, and they did seem happy, a bit gullible, as he expected that was a characteristic the trainer rubbed off on them, but still, they seemed happy. Happy enough to convince them they should be captured as well.

Grould heard the Golduck's words, and looked back at him with a cheerful smile. "Thanks a lot, it was no problem," he said with a strange expression on his face. It was somewhere along the lines of nervousness, frustration and happiness, all mixed together.

Ace drew near him, so that they could continue their conversation out of earshot. "Do you think we can get away with this?" Grould whispered. "If it gets out of hand, I think the best thing we can do is coddle some trainer, maybe the Nurse at the Center, as though we belong to them," Ace replied. "What if the Trainer asks?" Grould asked. "Well, we'll just have to avoid the Trainer, won't we?" was Ace's reply. Grould thought about this for some time, before chuckling under his breath. Ace looked at him puzzled, and Grould quickly explained. "All this deceit, you'd think we were like that Sentret and Zigzagoon back there. Ace looked at him, then chuckled as well. "The thing about going wild is, you tend to use any means to survive. We don't have anyone taking care of us, giving us food and such, and I should think we're pretty lucky not to end up with some crazy human. Trust me, I've come across some in my time. The whole lot of his Pokemon just begging me to beat them and escape." he paused, as though awaiting Grould's reflection on the matter. "But anyway, as soon as we're fully rested, we have to pursue those two thieves.

Grould suddenly remembered them, and began to focus on his previous battle with Bonnie. "You do whatever to takes to survive, right?" He asked his partner. "True, but we can't allow it to be at the expense of humans. It gives us a bad name." he replied. "Ace, that tree back there, that was their home you know," He said this in a depressed tone. And for a while, Ace was silent. As they made it to the doorway of the Pokemon Center, and watched its doors slide open, Ace told his partner, in the amazingly serious tone he had used earlier. " I think this calls for a different approach, then." Grould looked back puzzled at what this meant. "Obviously, you're taking pity at them because of our mistakes. Well, we'll just have to settle this without anymore force." Grould looked at him thoughtfully and as they made their way to the counter, he was quite confused about Ace.

Ace made his way around the counter, and motioned Grould to follow. As he approached him, he turned to the Spearow on his back, he couldn't have been unconscious this whole time. "Listen, you may be wild, but you're still a Pokemon that needs help. The Human here will take care of you, and if no Trainer comes to get you, I'm sure she'll just release you, so you can be on your way," Ace said, now back to his normal self. "I don't know Ace. It might be more convincing if we just left him outside, than the Nurse would know he was wild," he added. "But then he'd be easy pickings for any trainer," Ace replied. Grould leaned closer and whispered to him. "Why are we even bothering to keep this guy from getting caught?" Ace closed his eyes and contemplated this. Why did he save him from being captured? It didn't seem like he wanted him to be captured, it was just a priority at the moment to get him medical attention. With a gruff, he disappeared behind the Counter, leaving Grould more puzzled as he followed.

-----

The Pokemon Center had been bustling with activity that day, the fire had a few Trainers flocking to the windows to have a good look of the situation. Despite it being a small fire in a small town, that didn't stop a lot of the other Trainers from being busy. They groomed their Pokemon, talked with other Trainers, admired their Pokemon, or were waiting patiently for the Nurse to come back with their Pokemon all fully healed.

It seemed that no one had noticed the peculiar site that was a Growlithe and a Poochyena carrying a Spearow from the front door and towards the counter. At least no one except Macy. As she watched them go behind the counter to look for a nurse, she smiled cheerfully at them. "That's so cute," she said to herself. She wanted a closer look, and stood up from the bench and came walking towards them.

[size=8pt]Mariel may very well have taken the words from his mouth.
He might have assumed that yes, they were in trouble.
But not it hardly seemed the case. Each of the wild pokemon had come up with a story, all stemming off of the Poochyena's claim to having a trainer waiting in the pokemon center. Fascinating, how they all adapted to it.
Bonnie was even playing her part, if not a little overdone but convincing all the same. Still, it was surprising how well she could portray a tamed pokeon when so treated them so degradingly, and spoke even worse of them. It brought a smirk to his face as he left the shelter that the rear of the radio tower had provided.

"No. No, I don't think they are. Though I hardly thought Bonnie as someone who would even feign captivity. If it's all the same to you, I must say it's very entertaining. If not a little exaggerated." He paused to let one of his hind feet scratch at the other, removing most of the dust and grime that had gathered onto his fur.
"Now that I think about it, where do you think Clyde ran off to? I know he's merely an aquaintance, but I am a bit worried. He's quite small, after all. And Bonnie seems to be the brains and brawn of their team."
There was always someone like that on every team. He could very much relate.
And he wondered if the two forest-pokemon realized how much they relied on one another. They had seemed close when all of them were speaking, and he was certain that the same went for the dark puppy pokemon and it's firey growlithe counterpart making a fast break for the pokemon center. And- was that the old spearow on his back?
Kodent found himself wishing the bird good health, which provided a bit of a shock- Rusty's gift was making him more sociable and compassionate than he had expected.[/size]

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Halito landed somewhere. He wasn't sure where at first, because the lights were way to bright. But after his eyes got used to the sudden change in light, he saw where he had teleported to. The place was crowded with trainers, but none of them seemed to be in the mood of fighting: rather, they seemed more intent on going to a certain female human behind some sort of half wall (which humans know as a counter). The female human usually smiled and took their Pokemon away, but then shortly returned with the Pokemon in their Pokeballs (if they were in one when the Pokemon were given to her). Hali was puzzled when he saw this. Surely the female human would just take the Pokemon freely given to her? But instead, she gave the Pokemon back to their respective trainer, good as new, and sometimes better. The Natu shook its head. Obviously, humans were creatures that were too mysterious and weird to be observed by those like Hali.

The front door creaked open, and in came the Poochyena which had chased him away, a Growlithe (which he guessed had started the fire, since Growlithes are fire-types), and an injured Spearow being dragged in by the two canine-like Pokemon. Hali watched with interest as the two mostly unharmed Pokemon went behind the half-wall and showed the nurse the Spearow. Hali was perplexed by the Pokemons

Clyde was still talking with the Ekans, who was also assuring him his Sentret companion was too sly to be captured just yet. "In all the time I've shared my nest with you two, I know that she don't do something unless she's got a plan on her mind." The Ekans nodded to herself, insisting Clyde stay inside the nest for the night. Bonnie wasn't big, but she was smart.

And the Ekans was partially right, Bonnie did have a plan...well...half a plan. She was kinda making this up as she went. Feigning a relieved smile, she walked to the edge of the building, looking down as she put a paw under her chin in a thoughtful manner. "Well, we could always -" Bonnie cut her speech short as her ears pricked up, the fur on her body and tail puffing out.

A haunting noise could be heard from the radio tower, or was it echoeing from inside Rock Tunnel? Nevertheless, the sound resembled a cross between a Whismur's screams and the sound of Poke'mon in pain. She turned to try and pinpoint the wailing with her ears, moving slowly as if it were some rare bird about to fly away at the slightest movement. "Do...you hear that?" She spoke to the Quagsire, she needed to ensure she wasn't going insane. It wasn't the first time she had heard strange noises, but Clyde never seemed to hear them, and they had always been slight whispers up til' now.

She slowly lifted herself up onto her tail as she looked around, trying to see if any other Poke'mon around heard what she heard. Surely...if it was this loud, maybe Poke'mon within the Center could also hear it! A little dissappointed to be skipping out on her 'daring' plan, the Sentret breezed by the Quagsire, using a gutter that ran down the side of the building in a firepole manner. Hopping up onto a trashcan, she used her little paws to latch onto a window sill, peering inside the building for any signs of others hearing the noises. Her fur was still raised, causing her to look like a giant puffball of a Sentret.

((We needs EXCITEMENT. ;D ))

[size=8pt]ooc| O:! Pixelchu, your genius is showing.

Most superstitious story-tellers created stories of restless spirits and ghosts of those past- In these stories Dark pokemon were always able to see and hear the ghosts.
Kodent as now learning that these theories were more fact than fiction.
The abysmal cries resnating from wherever ran chills down his spine, and made his fur stand on end.
Shaking himself in a dog-like manner did nothing to help him, regardless of how furiously he moved. Because he was alternating between shudders and steps, he moved foreward in a drunken manner, heavily contradicting his noble stance and the way he held himself.
It wasn't until he had stopped moving altogether did his convulsions turn into occasional twitches, and eventually leaving him still and with the scruff of his neck on-end. He was bristling, which gave him a sort of mane running down his back as the shrieking ensued.
He took note of Bonnie's reaction to the noise, and the fact that few others seemed to be reacting in the same way.
And he wondered why..

"B-Bonnie. Bonnie, you hear it. Don't you."
It wasn't a question, but a statement travelling on a wavering voice.

He shuddered once more as he stepped delicately towards the window the sentret had perched on, noting the silence from the once-merry Soothe Bell on his leg.
It seemed even inanimate objects had some sort of reaction to the grim atmosphere that had settled on the town.

And Arceus knew that he, as an Absol, could understand that better than anyone.[/size]

Ace inspected the empty counter. It seemed that the Nurse was off somewhere, probably tending to some other injured Pokemon. He motioned for Grould to move behind the counter with him. Suddenly, a strange feeling came over him. It was as though a Water Gun had been fired into his skull. He was probably imagining it, but it felt like a strange goo was swimming around in his brain. And amidst it, he could hear a strange voice.

Hey guys, Hali said telepathically, Be careful of that female human girl on that bench. She might be dangerous. And don

Sometimes Matsika's foresight proved troublesome, but it was a boon more often than not. It made him strange, and the fact that he was strange made it easier to take strange things in stride. He remained oblivious to the Natu's telepathy, not having been targeted by the psychic bird, but that was just as well. There was something else commanding his attention, and he wasn't just referring to the trainer girl. He... he was hearing things. In his worn-out state, it was like a heavy blanket had been dropped over him; the noises were muffled and distant, indistinct whispers and static. Despite his difficulty in hearing the noises, his feathers stood on end in spite of themselves. The grubby, charred plumes didn't do much to make him look bigger or more intimidating, admittedly, but that sort of instinct wouldn't do much good against disembodied voices anyway.

Matsika did his best to shake off the eerie feeling scraping at the back of his neck and instead looked to the human girl. At first, he eyed her with suspicion. Spearows weren't half as cute or friendly as Pidgeys; they were regarded as pests more often than not. His experience with humans had led him to mark them as a species of throwers: their fledglings threw rocks, and the older ones threw those two-tone round prisons that snatched Spearows away. He had half-expected the girl to chuck the berries at him, honestly. After a moment or two of alternating between watching the girl and looking at the berries lying harmlessly on the ground, he seemed to gather up his nerve, and hastily snatched them up in his beak. He hopskipped a few feet away to eat them, still keeping an eye on the human in spite of the distance. The berries were good; he recognized them as something that his flock had eaten in the wild before. They quieted sickness, eased aches, and took the sting out of wounds.

So the girl intended to help, did she? Seemed the Spearow owed yet another stranger. He'd thank her if had the means to convey his gratitude, but experience taught him that speaking to humans was like chatting with a tree trunk. Pointless; he wouldn't get anything across. Anyway, Matsika wasn't so naive that a handful of food would win over his trust. Even so... the berries did soothe his burning throat and quiet his rasping breaths. His exhaustion seemed to dissolve right into thin air. Unfortunately, with the lifting of his weariness, his senses regained their sharpness. The muted sounds of moments before rose, turning themselves into a cacophony of banshee wails. Matsika did an agitated little dance, as if he couldn't quite decide whether he was trying to take off or remain grounded. "Where is that coming from? Flamedog, greydog, tell me you hear it too!"

-----

Mariel Edwards was not the superstitious type. It was a little surprising that she'd turn out that way, if you thought about it; Lavender Town's history was soaked in the supernatural, and the radio tower's location had anchored it firmly to that eerie past. The employees were prone to believing in the spirits and ghosts lingering around the tower, especially when things started turning strange. Mr. Edwards' daughter, Sarah, was especially superstitious; she insisted that Mariel's bed be placed in the center of the floor, because when the Pokemon Tower had stood, that was the place channelers would purify. Even the bow around the Beedrill's neck was safeguarded against otherworldly attacks; the inside of the ribbon was marked with black characters said to ward off evil. Mariel thought it was touching that her safety would be so important, but she never saw it as necessary.

The only ghosts she had ever seen were Haunters and Gastlies, and she could take care of those with her own two stingers.

Naturally, seeing both Kodent and that two-faced Sentret suddenly acting so peculiarly had Mariel downright confused. Hadn't she already told Kodent that being outside at night was dangerous? The last dying rays of sun were already fading; they really didn't have time to be fooling around. Anyway, Mariel was hardly in the mood to spend any time at all near that Sentret! Why bother peeking into the Center's window when the door was right over there? "Kodent, what's the matter? What are you two looking for? You don't need an invitation to enter a Pokemon Center, you know. You can go right in, they won't mind."

----

There was no light in the Rock Tunnel.

Once upon a time, Kivali knew the sun. She lived in a place that was strong and sacred. She slept next to a stone -- she slept next to mother. A wrinkled old human with gentle eyes had explained it to her once, when she was very small. Mother used to be made of strong bones and tough brown skin, just like Kivali, but she went away and that stone said her mother was resting peacefully. Even though she'd been small, Kivali had understood. Her mothers bones hugged her fragile skin and kept it safe from the Haunter-claws and the bad humans, so Kivali had to keep her stone-mother safe too. She patrolled during the sun-times, when things were bright and humans roamed. If anyone got too near her stone-mother, she fought them off. At night, she slept curled up next to the smooth tablet. The stone always felt cold against her back, but by the time the sun came again, it was pleasantly warm. Just like a mother should be.

But there was no sun anymore.

Dark days came, where the humans were relentless in trying to drive her away from her stone-mother. Some of the other stones were moved out of the tower, and then humans stopped coming altogether. Then came the big noise. Dust and booms and cracks, and the sturdy walls swayed and crumbled around her. That was the first time Kivali showed cowardice; she was scared by the loud noise and the earth-shaking, and she left her stone-mother and fled. The tower fell, and the stone-mother that offered Kivali her life-armor had cracked into pieces, mixed with the tower-rubble, and got swept away into oblivion. Kivali abandoned her stone-mother, and so the sun abandoned her. Now her world was made out of Zubat screams, blind reaching, scuffles with foes she couldn't identify over territory she'd never actually seen. But still, she knew when night came.

Kivali the Calamity knew the night, because that was when dark-mother came. Already, the sirens were howling inside her skull, bringing her towards the endlessly bright cave mouth with sweet shrieks and echoes. Dark-mother was not the same as stone-mother; she had never seen this mother or slept next to the cool, unyielding surface. But all the same, the closer she got to the moonlight, the more she felt that warm arms were holding onto her, humming lullabies and coaxing her on. Every night, Kivali the Calamity drifted to sleep before she ever reached the cave mouth. Dark-mother only let her get the briefest glimpse of the new tower that had wrecked her home and plowed stone-mother into the ground. It should have made Kivali sad. She should have been angry. But for some reason, the sight of it just sent her sliding into a restful oblivion. She would wake up surrounded by all-dark again, and dark-mother would be gone for another day.

Step, step... closer now. She could see the stars beginning to show. Step, step... sleepy, dark-mother, sleepy. Step, step... for just a moment, she saw metal. Then Kivali the Calamity drifted away, and something else sank in to take her place.

Macy smiled as the Spearow ate the berries she placed before him. She giggled slightly as it then began to hop away from her, so that it may eat them without her seeing it. "Poor thing," she said observing all the burnt feathers it had. Considering that it was the mysterious Growlithe and Poochyena that brought it here, she wondered if this Pokemon was wild or not. Although judging the severity of its injuries, it didn't matter.

She emptied her pouch of all its contents, picking out the Oran berries and Rawst berries and laying them before her. The Poochyena looked at all the berries she had brought out, and then at Macy herself. "You could have some too, if you like, but save all the Rawst berries for your friend here," she said as she picked up a blue berry from the pile. "You can have this," she told him as her eyes wandered over to Ace, and the scratches on his back. "But make sure your friend over there gets some, too," with a wink she stood up and returned the berry pouch to her pocket. "You're going to need some medical attention anyway, so wait here, and I'll find the nurse. With that, she walked away towards the emergency room door.

-----

It didn't seem like Ace could pinpoint the source of the Psychic message. After all, he himself didn't understand this mysterious power. Perhaps it was nothing more than a misguided message. He sighed and turned over too Grould and Matsika. As Macy left their presence, he approached the two. Grould was happily eating berries and didn't seem to show any signs of stopping. Ace had better hurry and eat some before he would finish it all. In the end, He seemed to have eaten much more than Grould did, and he breathed a sigh of relief as a wonderful feeling came over him. He felt stronger and more energetic and could feel the pains on his back slowly fade away.

He lied down and decided it would heal faster if he just relaxed, but as he turned over to see Matsika, he had a funny feeling that that wouldn't come to him. The Spearow was in a fit, and doing a strange dance of sorts because of it. He bobbed up and down repeatedly. He would jum up, flap hsyterically and fall to the ground again. If he wasn't careful, he would open up any wounds he may have had.

And suddenly it came to him, like a raging Tauros it had come from nowhere and suddenly charged at him in full force. It was so surprising he literally jumped up before crashing down and trying to cover his ears. He had never heard anything so terrible. His headache came back with it and proceeded to beat his brain silly. Rather than dancing in a fit though, Ace tried to lie still, and the sheer annoyance made him grit his teeth so hard. He looked around and tried to see what was going on, but couldn't exactly see everything. He was dizzy from the noise, and he feared the pain would destroy his senses all together.

"What's going on with both of you?" Grould cried out. He looked from Ace to Matsika and to Ace again, they were both in a state of pain that Grould couldn't understand. He checked himself, but he didn't seem to possess any pain himself, yet these two were. Had it not been that Matsika signaled him of its coming, he wouldn't have guessed what had been transpiring. He was getting no where fast, he had to do something, but what? He looked around quickly, and could see that Ace and Matsika weren't the only ones rolling around hysterically.

Everywhere he looked, several Pokemon, though not all, had been brought down to their knees or struggling within their trainer's grasps. It seemed that whatever was happening occured to specific Pokemon, as he deducted from seeing that only several Psychic and a few flying Pokemon were being affected by something. But what was it?

"Ace, you have to tell me what's going on," he frantically shook his partner, not realizing he could be doubling his pain. "It's...a....some kind of....noise," Ace struglgled to speak, the different songs singing in his head were making it difficult to relay words into a sentence. Grould was at a loss. What noise? He heard nothing, so how could he eliminate the problem?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Crud himself! This was not his day! Seriously, Halito was sure that he felt worried about something, and the girl caught his eye. He only assumed that it was her.

Okay, so don't assume something is true. Only tell others about it only if you know it's true. Good lesson for him, but he still felt guilty about giving fallacious messages to strangers. Curse Arceus! Why did he have to just jump to conclusions?

He was quite sure the girl wasn't dangerous (quite the opposite: the blue berries she gave to the Spearow seemed to heal it) but he still felt as if something was making himself tensed. It couldn