• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sewing

For Christmas, I am making my boyfriend a plush Weighted Companion Cube from Portal. However, since the sewing machine gets gummed up when I try to put flannel through it, I have to sew it all by hand. Yes, it takes longer, but I enjoy it. However, I keep stabbing myself with the needle. XD

I've been sewing for a couple years, mostly making simple shirts and pants, nothing fancy, akin to pajamas. I've also made some tote bags and scrunchies, but they are simple. In short, I'm still a beginner. However, I am sure many of you have sewing experience as well. What have you guys done?

Well, I would never be able to do anything like that. Mostly because I- *chases shiny thing*

And I would constantly stab my finger with the needle as well. Probably right into a main nerve.

My sister, though, is pretty good at sewing. She does it with hand and machine. She loves taking two random patches of textile, cutting them out in heart shape before sewing them together and stuffing them into a small heart cushion. But she does clothes as well, like forming an old pair of jeans into a purse. No idea where she got the idea from, but it turned out quite good~

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm actually pretty good at sewing. If there's one thing I have, it's patience.

Not that I do much of it, but I've made fancy little bookmarks for my friends, and I even made a cuddly bat once. He was pretty ♥
I mend things quite well, such as a ripped pocket or something. I don't really sew practically other than that though, I tend to do it if a certain gift or idea happens to call for it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Katie doesn't sew. =|

But that's not to say that I haven't attempted in the past, read: was forced to sew stuff for school. :'D

The best I've made is a plush doggie toy with a voice box inside. We were given various patterns to choose from and I picked that one. It turned out rather well actually.

Years ago I made some clothing for one of my teddy bears, too. My grandmother had a sewing machine and the materials were lying around, so I made a tiny t-shirt and a pair of shorts. They weren't fancy, but they did the job. 8D

I'm really just a beginner to sewing, but oh well, it's fun~ ♥

I think the first thing I helped sew was er ... a cushion cover? o: My brother loved one of his shirts but it ripped so me and my mum made it into a cushion cover for him :> That was fun ^^ Or actually, maybe the first thing was a scarf ... wait, no, that was knitting |D *realises they're entirely different*

I've also made a little cushion for a jewellery box I made my cousin, which was super duper easy. I just sewed two pieces of fabric together, leaving a hole, shoved the stuffing in and sewed up the hole |D

My first 'big' thing, though, was making a teddy bear. :> He's called Alfonso, or Alf for short <33 He's a little brown bear who looks sort of like a dog but oh well :> He has little button eyes and I sewed a heart onto his chest and embroidered his name on it (in short, of course XD) which was also really fun ... apart from when I kept messing it up and having to start again |D

I think the thing I'm proudest of, though, is the Dinosaur Hoodie I made. :> I lovelovelove it <333 My parents bought me a plain purple hoodie so I first cut out some white triangles and sewed them onto the hood as teeth, then cut out two large white circles and two smaller black ones for eyes. :> Then I sewed together three sets of two pieces of yellow felt and put some cotton wool in them, then sewing them onto the back like spines :'D Here, I have some piccus, lemme fetch em ... ~ ♥

Lying on my bed, right way around. :> Lying on my bed, back facing you |D Oh my gosh I'm wearing it! O: Look at my eyes :> Look at my spines! :'D They picture's really bad cos I had to take a picture of my back. Y'know, while wearing it >> I SAID LOOK AT MY EYES ; A ;

But yeah. :> That's about it ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never attempted or even considered sewing before. I don't really no many people who can do it where I live, apart from my Granny. :-\

I remember in Middle school that we had to cross stitch and sew, I made Pac-man out of cross stitching while I made my mother a stuffed alligator for her birthday, I remember one student who was the laziest student in class, he was barely passing with a bare minimum grade, can you guess what he stitched? That's right, he made a pillow, laid it on his desk, and fell asleep, teacher was so pissed, lol

well...

I am definitely a beginner XD

The first thing I've ever sewn all by myself is a mijumaru plushie that I adore ♥
Yet I've also done some work in the hoodie category including a pichu hoodie, a pikachu hoodie, a raichu hoodie, a shinx hoodie, and a totoro hoodie X3
Honestly I used little sewing for them but I suppose they still count (I cheated and used a lot of hot glue ^^;;)

Now that I know how to use the family sewing machine I'll probably be sewing more and more...​