• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sevionta Region League (Sevii Islands League RP)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
This is a RP based on a new League created in the Sevii islands 20 years after the events of the League Tournament Series. To join and to find out many more details, go to the discussion here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sevionta-region-league-sevii-islands-rp.15069/ (Note: limited spots remaining!)
Rules:
  • No legendaries, mega evolutions or Pokemon from regions beyond gen 2 may be encountered.
  • Travel as a group. If you want to have your character go somewhere individually, discuss this in the discussion thread posted above. For the first part, your character may come in via a ferry to Zero Island separately.
  • Romance is allowed but don't let it go too far. Keep gore to an absolute minimum.
  • Rules to be refined. Similar to that of the league tournament
  • One liners are not approved of.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On Zero Island there sat only seven houses. In the centre of the small circular town sat the larger laboratory. This was owned by Professor Patrick O'Brien and Professor Ella Azoras, who both had become leading professors. The two had set up a league on the seven other Sevii islands. Inside of the labs contained a white floor near the enterence with many different tables. On the tables contained many different poke balls and chemicals inside of flasks.

Upon the beach that came before the round green island docked a large ferry. The ferry contained all sorts of trainers from the Kanto, Johto and other regions. Nathan O'Brien stood on the ferry as it docked. He was finally going to get a Pokemon with some of the other trainers. He was finally going to challenge the fabled Sevionta League.

Patrick looked out side and grinned. "They're here." He said. His kind and beautiful wife walked beside him. The past months had been happier for them. Their relationship had been on and off, splitting multiple times but only coming together once more to benefit their son Nathan. He was going to receive his first Pokemon. Ella marched off to tend to the Pokemon at the lab. There were a group of final evolution Pokemon from all the starters they had collected. Ella gathered then into another room.
"We're all set. Let's get the new trainers into the lab!" She cried enthusiastically. Patrick nodded and smiled at her.

James placed his backpack over his shoulders as he left the Ferry. He smelled the sea water. He smiled as he made his way to the lab. He wished he could have Helo with him but the rules of this region doesn't allow him to have any outside Pokémon especially a Ralts. unaware of his surroundings he bumped into someone. "Sorry." He said. He looked. the boy looked oddly familiar face. The boy kind of looked like the professors of this region.

Nathan had fallen down, bumped into by James. "Excuse me..." Nathan said, as he looked back up at James. "Hang on a minute, I recognise you...aren't you..." He paused, getting up from the fall. Nathan looked at him. "Never mind." Nathan said, finally. "Are you here to get a starter Pokemon from the labs here?" He asked. He knew what the answer might be. The ferry itself contained many new trainers. Zero Island wasn't exactly the place anyone would go to if they already had their starter. There were no gyms at all.

" yes I am." James said. He looked at the boy infront of him. They where around the same age. And he looked Familiar but he couldn't place a name. " I'm James Leuric." He said putting his hand out. "It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Nathan O'Brien." Nathan said, reacheping out to shake the hand in front of him. "My parents are two of the professors in the labs on this island. I am also getting a Pokemon." Nathan ran in front of James. "This way to the labs!" He shouted. "Follow me!"

James nodded and did so. He stuck close to his new friend and wondered what adventures they might participate in. He then looked at the guy again. "Wait. Your farther is Patrick O'Brien and Ella Azoras?" He said in disbelief. " Both of them suggest to my old man that I start my journey here."

Corey hopped off the ferry as he watched both James and Nathan run off. Corey knew Nathan was the son of Professor O'Brien and Professor Azoras after reading some articles he found in a trash can.

The only reason Corey had decided to come on this "mission" as he called it was to prove that he could be worthy of joining Team Goon. His mother never wanted him to be a part of it and his father thought he was a waste of life. Corey told his told his mother his idea. That he would become the the champion of the Sevionta region and put it in the hands of Team Goon. His mother told him no after having him be spanked by the house Marowak for thinking of such an idea. However, she did believe that he could become champion and use his new title for good.

The night of his escape, his mother got him a ticket after spending her savings on it. She told him that he could change Team Goon's ways once he becomes champion and told him to go before his father found out. The last thing he saw of his mother before he escaped, was his mother get smacked by his father. However, Corey's intentions didn't change. He would become champion of Sevionta for Team Goon!

Corey remembered his goals until he could barely see James and Nathan in the distance. Once he knew they couldn't spot him, he swiftly and sneakily followed them.

"Yes." Nathan nodded. "They sent me to Pallet Town to live with my grandfather when the two of them went on a set of splits. They came back though, over me. Ella deliberately kept her last name so that people would not be confused between the two professors." Nathan turned around and saw the new trainers approaching. "Everyone, follow me!" Nathan ran up the front garden and saw Professor Azoras outside the lab. He ran over to her and hugged her. They hadn't seen each other in 4 years.

James smiled a little bit at the family reunion. " Proffesor Azoras." James said looking at her. Before he could say anything else he felt something tug at his leg. He looked down and saw a Chikorita. He picked it up and the two stared at each other. " I think your Chikorita got out." He said. he didn't like the Chikorita line but he had to admit he liked this... He looked at it closely. Girl's style.

"Hello there. How about you two go inside?" The professor opened the door and Professor O'Brien greeted them.
"Ah Nathan! Looks like you're already making friends here! And one of you have already found your starter. Take him over to me he looks ill."
Nathan saw many poke balls, wandering which one to take.

James as he was told and gave the Chickorita to Professor O'Brien. He wondered if they knew who he was. " Anyways I found that chickorita messing with my leg. and it's a she." He said.

"Tell me, was Chikorita attached to you? You're welcome to choose her now as your starter Pokemon." Professor Azoras said.
"You are all here to get a starter, after all!" Professor O'Brien added.
"Can I get my starter...please?" Nathan asked.
"In a minute. Let's just wait for the others. Since James is our guest and came here first, he gets first choice." Professor O'Brien asked.

James looked at the Chikorita. " What do you say Leigh want to join me." He said with a smile on his face. Leigh looked at him for a few seconds before jumping into his arms. " I'll take that as a yes." He said.

Carter's ferry ride was largely uneventful, but it did have some perks. He got to talk to a few other passengers, at least, and he saw a few pokemon. But he was more excited to get some battles going, and he had already chosen a starter- A Cyndaquil. Well, he would if he would ever get there. Once he arrived, he ran to the lab, not worrying about anything except getting to his pokemon. He bursted inside to see a group of people, and saw someone looking at the pokeballs. "Hey, wait, which one is the Cyndaquil?!" He said, rushing to the table, looking at all the pokeballs.

Tony got off the boat and walked along calmly, although he was yelling internally. "I get to start a journey! wow....." he said to himself. As he finished his thought a boy ran past him almost running into him. "Hey watch it!" Tony yelled. "huh....hes going towards the lab" Tony thought as he headed in the same direction.

"So it's settled. James will have the Chikorita." Professor O'Brien said. Then three of them looked around and saw Carter.
"Hi there! Are you here to get a starter for the Sevii islands experience?" Professor Azoras asked.
"This one is Cyndaquil." Professor O'Brien said, handing Carter a poke ball. "Tell us, who are you?"
Professor Azoras moved closer towards James. "Please, take a seat over there!" She pointed towards a group of chairs. Azoras and O'Brien planned for the group of new trainers to take a seat once they had chosen their starters. It was all apart of their plan to create a group of friends who would, not only become skilled trainers in the battling area, challenging the League, but to also gather information on Pokemon to fill the pokedex. There was another secret goal too-to create a group worthy of protecting the island's from the evil team or teams which had dominated the islands in previous years. Now, only one supposed team ruled. Team Goon.

Carter grabbed the ball and smiled. "Awesome! I'm Carter Black, and I am here for the challenge. It will be so fun! And no one will get in my way!" He said, eyeing the people around him. "So, I'm gonna go, theres no need for me to wait around for anybody else."

Tony finally reached the lab and entered quietly, he heard people talking in the lab. "Hmm....I wonder what they've got around here" he thought as he wondered off. "Whoa....what is this!?!" he said with excitement as he walked along a large window where several pokemon ran free. "This must be where there pokemon sanctuary..." he said as he pressed his face against the glass.

Last edited:
Corey looked through the window as he watched the other trainers pick their Pokemon. He wasn't one of the trainers who were supposed to recieve a Pokemon so he had to steal it.

Stealing wasn't out of the ordinary for Corey. At a young age he had been stealing Pokemon. When he was 10, one of the kids at his school had gotten their starter Pokemon was busy showing off in the morning. During recess that day, Corey had snuck back into the classroom. During recess, they had to leave all their belongings in the classroom and it so happened that the boy left his Pokemon in it's pokeball when he went to recess. Once he took the pokeball out of the boy's backpack, he turned it into it's mini form and put it into his pocket. The boy didn't realize his Pokemon was gone until it was too late.

Once he got home, after he finishe his homework, he showed some of the Team Goon members what he did. They were all proud of him and took the Pokemon. Corey himself was happy that they had achknowledged his skills. That was just one of the Pokemon he had stolen for Team Goon.

Anyways, that was the past and the present is now. He had to find a way to get his own Pokemon without being caught. Now he just had to wait for the right moment to get in there and steal one without being caught. Too bad he wouldn't be able to choose which one he wanted.

James sat down and looked at the new comers. He did his best to figure out who they were and if he could become friends with them. James then turned his head towards the proffecors. His dad mentioned that both of them where great trainers on their own.

Cayden burst through the door, The door almost flying off the hinges "Oh.... Hi.... Im here to get a pokemon" Cayden said, Jumping up and swiping some dust off him "A Totodile would be nice but ill be fine with any starter" He told the Professors's, Putting his bag back on, Cayden was excited for his journey, It reminded him of when he used to do battles with his brother and sister with his fathers pokemon, He loved using his fathers Lucario the most
"Is there anything I need to sign or take?" Cayden asked, Still swiping other things off him...

"Hold up guys." Professor O'Brien said. "One at a time."
"Hi everyone, welcome to the lab." Ella greeted all of them as they came.

"Carter!" Shouted Professor O'Brien when he saw that that the new trainer had left. "Come back, we have some assignments for you!"

Meanwhile, Professor Azoras was grabbing pokeballs to give to the new trainers. When she saw and heard Cayden she responded immediately. She grabbed the poke ball containing Totadile and reached over to Cayden with the pokeball in her delicate hands.
"Here's your Totadile. There's no need for any signing. We do have a set of poke balls for catching Pokemon and a pokedex for each of you." She started handing out a set of 5 poke balls and a pokedex for each of the trainers who had chosen their Pokemon.

Nathan looked at the other pokeballs in the desk. He had been informed which Pokemon were in each, reading the descriptions below. He instantly put his hand on the first pokebal, he saw. A noise came from inside. Nathan threw the pokeball onto the ground and a Bulbasaur appeared.

Upon hearing his name, Carter ran back in, shaking his head. "Fine.I'll stay..." He puffed, taking the pokeballs and the pokedex. He sat down at a table, crossing his arms. "This better be worth my time, I'm ready to get going!" He complained, looking around. More people entered, and all he cared about was battling them.

Tony heard commotion coming from the other room. "Guess I should head back now" he said while staring at an Elekid use Thunder Punch on a tree in the sanctuary. "Hm, maybe next time" he mumbled before heading back to the main room. "Uh, hi" he said hoping no one noticed his little exploration. ""Im here for my starter pokemon".

Last edited:

"Hold on a second." Professor O'Brien said, as he finished handing out pokedexs to the rest of the trainers.
"Who here needs to be taught how to catch a pokemon?" Asked Professor Azoras. "We'll be teaching how to do it in the grass for anyone that wants to learn."

"We've got Squirtle and Charmander left." Said Professor O'Brien.
"Charmander is reserved. There's a trainer coming who is going to have it." Professor Azoras responded.
"It's unlikely he'll turn up now, he's already two days late..."

"Hehe, well I guess that makes my choice easy." Tony released Squirtle from its pokeball and knelt down next to it. "Hey bud wanna come with me?" Squirtle set there looking slightly upset. "Hey, I was always picked last in sports" Tony said with a grin. "Squir!" Squirtle smiled and highfived Tony. "Okay bud' lets do this!" he said excitedly before returning Squirtle to its ball.

"Here's your pokedex!" Professor Azoras said, giving Tony the pokedex which could be used to indentify all sorts of Pokemon in the Sevii Islands. Then she turned to the people still in the room. "We're going to go out to the grass patch outside. We'd like to teach those who haven't caught a Pokemon how to catch one!" She sounded enthusiastic. Nathan was excited when he heard this, storming outside to the patch of grass.

" Well." James said as he stood up. " I think I'll be on my way." He said He already knew how to throw a pokeball. All these islands were to him a training ground until it was time for the Kanto League tournament. " It was good seeing you all again." He said to the professors before he left.

Carter knew hot to catch a pokemon, but it couldn't hurt going over a refresher, right? "Okay, sure, I'll watch." He said, coming to a large patch of grass. Maybe they would hurry up and he could finally leave.

Corey watched as they all left the room. This was his chance and he wasn't going to miss it. He opened the window since he had already undid the lock while he was waiting. He went right through the window and landed on the floor of the room. He looked at the remaining pokeball and then walked up too. He picked it up and examined it. "If I'm correct, there should be a Charmander in here." He said to himself. There was no time to waste and he had to get out before they came back.

Professor O'Brien and Professor Azoras led the group to a small patch of grass on the edge of the island.
"Right, so here is how you catch a Pokemon!" Professor Azoras exclaimed
"Watch this." Professor O'Brien said, quietly. He threw a poke ball onto the ground. A Fardfetch'd appeared. The duck Pokemon held it's famous leek in on hand. A Rattata lurked in the tall long grass. Rustling could be heard and O'Brien leaned forward as he heard the sound.
"Use peck!" Fardfetch'd flew over towards the Rattata and hit it with it's beak. Rattata fell back and was weakened.
"First you weaken it, then you throw your poke ball!" O'Brien threw a poke ball at the Rattata. It wobbled three times. "Caught." Said O'Brien, picking up the pokeball. "Now it's your turn." He said to Nathan.

Nathan looked for a Pokemon. He saw a bird Pokemon land in the grass-a Pidgey. This was his chance. Nathan sent out Bulbasaur and the companion Pokemon jumped towards the Pidgey. "Bulbasaur, use tackle!" Nathan cried. Bulbasaur lept at Pidgey. The Pokemon started to fly away. However, Bulbasaur lept into the air and struck the Pokemon down. Nathan threw a poke ball at the Pidgey. "Come here my friend!" Nathan shouted to Pidgey. Pidgey winked before going into the poke ball. The poke ball wobbled once. Then twice. Nathan had a face of anticipation on. He watched nervously. One more wobble. The Pokemon had been caught. Nathan grabbed the poke ball and looked inside.

"Your first Pokemon, my boy!" O'Brien said. Nathan looked at his parents.

"Let's see, who else will catch a Pokemon? Once all of you have, we'll be at the boat to go to One Island. Meet us at the launching pad east of here." O'Brien and Azoras walked towards the east of the island, where there was a wooden launch pad.

Last edited by a moderator: