• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sevii Island League RP Reboot Discussion

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
A while ago, some of you may remember a RP I made about the Sevii Islands set approxately 20 years after the end of the events of @Jagson's League Tournament Series. Well, i'm thinking of rebooting it. I'm going to see if the same people from before want to continue with their character-the last time we all stopped just as the two professors were showing how to catch a pokemon on Zero Island. (For the people that don't know, the Sevii Islands became much more developed)

Here's what I said in my original post:
This is an idea for a RP I came up with. It is in canon with the League tournament series. If you haven't seen those RPs, check that out. Set about 15-20 years after the events of the League tournament series, it follows the adventures of a group of young trainers throughout a newly established region based around the original Sevii islands. There are many changes to these islands, for example, gyms have been set up and an elite four too. The population significantly increased over the years so much so that new housing was established creating the first cities of the Sevii islands. New islands have also been discovered.

Only Pokemon from generation one and generation two may be used/ encountered. The starter pokemon are the Kanto and Johto starters, which you get from a professor on Zero Island.
Rules
1. No godmodding, standard poke harms rules apply
2.To join, please fill out a form for original character. The form is posted on a later post.
3. Only gen 1 and 2 Pokemon are allowed Andy of legendaries.
4. Your starter Pokemon your character has must be one of the gen 1 and gen 2 Pokemon. I can make exceptions though.
5. Please take time to read through some of the finer details of this RP. Such as the following:

Changes:
  • The island of the lab where the professor lives is on a new island called 'Zero Island.' This is where you shall start off
  • One island's first town now is a city, with many skyscrapers and the land being extending into the higher ground to the north of the town. Treasure beach has become a power plant, which became more and more abandoned as the years go by. A bridge connects the town to it.
  • There is a small village established on a rock to the east of the long route after it. A bridge connects the two.
  • A long bridge connects the route to Mt.Ember.
  • A new town was created with housing starting on Mt Ember. A large rock developed on the lower ground to the north and the town there can be accessed by the caves.
  • More housing is developed on three island's main town, which now has a gym. There is a village outside of Berry Forrest
  • Berry Forrest is overgrown. To the north, lies another town with a gym.
  • A new gym was created on four island. If adventurers go to the top of icefall cave, they will find a new pathway leading to a town which lies on the rock which makes up the ceiling of icefall cave.
  • Many new pieces of rocky land developed in five island
  • A gym lies in resort gorgeous, which now has many new houses.
  • Bridges connect all of the scattered landmasses.
  • A new town was developed over the meadow and the rocket warehouse became decommissioned for a while.
  • A new tunnel was dug in the lost cave. If adventurers choose the right path, they will arrive on a separate island with rocks in it. This is a town with another gym in it too.
  • On six island, lies a number of towns:
  • One is developed outside of pattern bush with a gym
  • One is built on part of ruin valley, with most of the buildings to the west of pattern bush and on the rocky cliff parts. A gym lies here.
  • Another town is to the south of ruin valley with a gym.
  • On seven island, the town is developed a bit. There is a gym there.
  • Another gym lies to the south near Tanoby ruins/canyon.
  • The tower to the north was created into the Pokemon league place. Here, you can battle the elite four, as well as participate in many tournaments.
Gyms
By now, you must be wondering-hold on a second, there are more than eight gyms! There is a system unique to the Sevii islands where you have any her of compulsory gyms you must battle and then optional gyms you can choose to battle. There should be about 2 gyms your character can challenge that are optional.

One island-Electric gym in first town. Fire gym in new town behind mt ember

Two island-water gym

Three island-grass gym in new town behind berry Forrest

Four island-ice gym

Five island-Fairy type gym next to resort gorgeous

Six island-bug gym next to pattern bush. Rock gym in new ruin valley town.

Seven island-elite four assembled here. Elite four: Ground, steel, flying, normal,

Gym leaders: (rematch Pokemon in brackets)

One island:

Electric
Name: Celio
Town: First City (literally the name of the town on one island)
Backstory: he is the same PC developer as in the games
Optional or compulsory: optional
Team:

Elekid
Magnemite
Pikachu
(Jolteon)

Fire
Name: Adara
Town: Sunblitz town
Backstory: Every year, there is a festival paying tribute to the fire Pokemon of the mountain. She participates in the dances.
Optional or compulsory: Compulsory
Team:

Magby
Slugma
Ninetales

Other Pokemon:
Flareon
Vulpix
Charmeleon

Two Island

Water
This gym is split into two-you can battle wise old elder at Cape Brink. There is a lift/ alternative pathway to the right of the island leading to a beach town with the other gym. Chose one of them.

Name: Asana
Town: Ripplewatch town
Backstory: She is the elder of the island. She fell out with her daughter over who should be the gym leader and subsequently, caused the development of another water gym that adventurers can choose to battle.
Optional or compulsory: compulsory, but optional whether or not you choose her or her daughter to battle.
Team:

Poliwag
Slowpoke
Psyduck
Slowking

Other Pokemon:
Vaporeon
Gyrados
Poliwrath
Squirtle
Tentacool
Croconaw

Name: Kendra
Town: Beachcliff City
Backstory: A famous model from the island, she fell out with her mother when she demanded she should be made gym leader.
Optional or compulsory: compulsory, bit optional whether or not you choose her or her mother to battle
Team:

Goldeen
Corsola
Horsea
Starmie

Other Pokemon:
Vaporeon
Krabby
Tentacool
Chinchou
Totodile
Wartortile
Politoed

Three Island

Grass
Name: Flora
Town: Greengrowth Town
Backstory: A keen gardener, she has been developing a green project to make the citizens grow more plants and to recycle more.
Team:

Bellosom
Bellsprout
Sunflora
Hopip

Other Pokemon:
Tangela
Ivysaur
Bayleef
Skiploom

Poison
Name: Paxton
Town: Dodgery City
Backstory: Paxton is the leader of Team Goon, a band of evil bikers which spawned out of the Kanto and Johto rider federations. He will stop at nothing to wreck all he has known. He's declared war at Flora too.
Team:

Muk
Weezing

One of the Other Pokemon could be chosen:
Gloom
Nidorino
Golbat

Four Island

Ice
Name: Lorelei
Town: Coolbreeze village
Backstory: After leaving the Kanto Elite four, Lorelei settled back on her home island for a while. When the league was being constructed by the professors, she was offered a place and she came back out of retirement as a gym leader.
Team:

Dewgong
Jynx
Lapras

Other pokemon:
Piloswine
Sneasel
Delibird
Cloyster

Five Island

Fairy
Name: Mia
Town: Resortlocke town
Optional or compulsory: compulsory
Team:

Clefairy
Granbull
Mr.Mime
Snubull

Other Pokemon:
Marill
Togetic

Ghost
Name: Hex
Town: Lost Town
Team:

Misdreavous
Gastly
Haunter/ Gengar

Six Island

Bug
Name: Antony
Town: Pattern Town
Optional or Compulsory: compulsory
Team:

Butterfree/Beedrill
Yanma
Pineco
Shuckle

Other pokemon:
Scyther
Beedrill/Butterfree
Heracross

Rock
Name: Rocky
Town: Ancientstone town
Optional or compulsory: compulsory
Team:

Graveller
Sudowoodo
Omastar
Kabutops
Onix

Other pokemon:
Geodude
Magacargo

Fighting
Name: Ali and Allie
Town: Cobblestone town
Double battle

Pokemon:
Machoke x2
Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan

Other Pokemon:
Primeapes
Machamps

Psychic
Name: Hugh/ Rupert
Town: Magicruin Town
Team:

Xatu
Kadabra
Natu
Gigarafig

Other Pokemon:
Hypno
Espeon

Seven Island

Dragon
Name: Ladon/ Kaida
Town: Hurdle Town
Team:

Dratini
Dragonair
Kingdra

Dark
Name: Adriana
Town: Mystic Town
Team:

Houndour
Murkrow
Umbreon
Houndoom

Other Pokemon:
Sneasel

Elite Four:

Normal
Name: Jenna
Team:

Wigglytuff
Blissy
Furret
Dodrio
Milktank

Subs:
Raticate
Ditto

Flying
Name: Bree
Team:

Mantine
Pidgeot
Jumpluff
Crobat
Aerodactyl

Subs:
Fearow
Noctowl
Xatu

Steel
Name: Jasmine
Team:

Forretress
Steelix
Magneton
Scizor
Skarmory

Ground
Name: Giovanni
Team:

Sandslash
Dugtrio
Rhydon
Quagsire
Nidoking

Subs:
Golem
Marowak
Nidoqueen

Champion: ???

Work in progress

Characters able to have their role reprised:

- Cyndaquil
Cayden Devlin- @Lord Z -Totodile
James Leuric- @Jagson - Chikorita
Nathan O'brien- @JohnsonAce -Bulbasaur
Corey- @Retro Master -Charamander (I think we decieded that he would steal this in the end)
Tony- @Trainer_Zander -Squirtle

If any of these five/six people do not wish to be in the rp, a spot will open up and another can rp.

We will start from the first route on Zero Island-Professor Azoras and O'brien, the two professors will teach them how to catch a pokemon in the grass. The trainers will then go to One Island via a boat. Corey will have to go seperately since he stole his pokemon.

I'll be updating this post, to include new updates, such as changes to the teams of the gym leaders. This will all be when I have time, since i'm busy with exams. Stay tuned for more.

Also, the idea that this is in canon with the league tournament series may have to be dropped because the league tournament series may be dropped altogether.

Zero Island
Zero Island Grass (Route 0)

Pidgey (very common) Rattata (common), Sentret (very common), Spearow (Not so common), Caterpie (Not so common), Weedle (Not so common), Pichu (Rare)

Only grass patch for pokemon on the island
One Island (Knot Island)
Route 1 (Lookout peak)

Pidgey, Spearow, Abra, Geodude, Pichu, fardfetch'd

Stairs to the left of the city (Thundertwist or First City as it is called) lead to cliff peaks with fresh grass.

Crystal Cave
Geodude, Onix, Zubat

A tiny cave to the left of Lookout Peak

Grande Farm (Farm Walk)
Mareep, Pichu, pidgey, Psyduck,

One of many farms of the Sevii Islands. It lies north of Route 1 amongst many trees.

Treasure Beach
Rattata, Grimer, Koffing, Pichu, Doduo, Krabby (on the sand)

A bridge connects the mainland to a sandy beach where Krabby can be found. Continue walking and you'll find a grassy spot where more pokemon can be found. It loops round so if you keep going down, then right a bit, then up, you will go up a small cliff and find a power station

Treasure Power Station
Pichu, Elekid, Rattata, Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite, Pikachu

Provides most of the electricity of the Sevii Islands, certainly of Knot Island

Route 2 (Kindle Road)
Pidgey, Spearow, Ponyta, Meowth. In a pond to the right: Psyduck, slowpoke. Tentacool in the sea.

Classic Kindle Road from FRLG. A bridge connects this to the city and to the next one as well.

Ember Spa
Wooper, Slugma,

A pool of water in cave with healing properties that is now home to pokemon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, so now that i've finished my exams, i'm thinking of opening this rp up. I believe there are 2 spots in which I am certain users won't be coming back for their starters. That'll mean we all need to start from the instant we get our starter in the lab and i'll need to find two replacements.

I AM MALE THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND I WILL JOIN THIS RP WHEN I FINISH THINGS I AM DOING
Let me know when you are ready. The other person isn't coming back, so we'll need to find another person. I might invite Luke Ketchum over here since he wanted to join the old one. (Is that even his username anymore?)

@JohnsonAce Lovely that will do!
Fill in a quick form for your/a character

Name:
Hometown:
Personality:
Appearance:
Starter: (Cyndaquil in this case)

Once this is done, i'll get the rp and we can start. We will start on Zero Island. You may want to look at the spoiler on the first post/the old rp discussion for this to see the different places, but we will essentially be starting just before your character will open the door to the lab to recieve their allocated starter. @Retro Master will be stealing a Charmander from the two proffessors when they are busy showing the others how to catch a pokemon in the grass nearby.

Name: Lucas (Last name is unknown for now)
Hometown: A small town in the johto region
Personality: Bright, snappy and emotional a lot.
Appearance: Tall, Red eyes, Blue hair.
Starter: Cyndaquil

The RP has started! He is a link to the RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sevii-islands-league-rp-reboot.17233/

We need to keep this one more active. Remember that we will be travelling in a group after the starters have been given out and the professors have shown how to catch a pokemon in Zero Island's grass. @Retro Master's character will steal the Charmander from the lab that was previously intended for another, during the catching session.

Update: Currently created a spoiler on the first post which will contain a list of all the pokemon you can find in the region in the different areas, which vary in rarity. You may only encounter these pokemon in the specific parts and routes.

Last edited by a moderator: