• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
'I don't know why I didn't think to heal the Patrat with the machine, but thanks, I was too much in a panic. Well, do you want to come to Route One? Or have you- oh yeah, you're at the lab for a reason. May I ask why?'. Patrat opened its eyes, and then hugged Jayden. 'Aw, it likes me! I guess it does like being treated personally.. hey, Squirtle, you don't mind, do you?'. He pointed at the blanket and then at Squirtle, to give him an idea, and he shook his head.

Looking at Patrat, Jayden got an idea. His eyes widened for a split second, as if he got a sudden brainwave, which he had done. Quickly, he grabbed out his Poke-Dex, which looked quite retro, compared to a Rotom-Dex or a Kalos Pokedex, and scanned Patrat. It flashed and played music, as he had scanned Patrat, which had opened a new Pokedex section.

'Patrat. The Scout Pokemon. Evolves to Watchog. Patrats are very cautious, and usually live in packs. One will always be on lookout, and usually will do a good job of it. One can stay on lookout for days, as it stores food in a cheek pouch. This Patrat is owned by you, and knows Detect, Bite, Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt.'

How could it learn moves like Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt? They weren't natural for a Normal-Type to learn, right?

"It was no problem," Kitranta stated, "I've helped treat plenty of Pokémon at Professor Rowan's laboratory, it was the least I could do when I saw the Patrat injured." Chimchar then scooted over to Kitranta's face, and she gently patted it's head.

"I wanted to discuss with Professor Juniper before exploring the Unova region," Kitranta responded, "After all, we were all sent here to investigate those oddities that have been affecting the Unova region. I thought if I could gather more information from the professor, I could make a more proper investigation then just exploring the region without a clue."

'I was just going for more of a.... finding-it-when-we-find-it thing, but you do have a point. We could stumble across anything and think it's the oddity. It could be a new berry for all we know...'. Patrat was now starting to get up, but the blanket's weight pushed it back down. Jayden moved the blanket a bit, and it got up. 'Wait... what gender is Patrat?' He scanned the Pokemon again, and on the screen, it had a female sign. 'Well, it's a girl.'. Jayden happily held the Patrat, and she clutched onto his chest.

Zoey watched Jayden scan his Patrat, which reminded her to do so as well. She had a Rotom Dex that she had got from the professor, so she got it to come out and scan the Lillipup she caught. The tune played, and the entry appeared on screen:

"Lillipup. This Pokémon has excellent judgment. If it decides it can’t defeat an opponent, it immediately turns tail and vamooses. This Lillipup is owned by you, and knows Bite, Take Down, Work Up and Crunch."

"Thanks, Rotom, which gender, please?" Rotom showed a male sign, then Zoey told it to go back inside her bag. "Well, mine's male. Probably why he gets along so well with Litten, they're both rough players." She giggled, picking up the Lillipup and cuddling it. Litten looked up, so she also picked him up, holding both of them in her arms. "I think I'll wait for you all, then we'll all go together, maybe find some of those clues." Zoey put her Pokemon down, and Lillipup ran over to Jayden, taking a look at Patrat cautiously. It leered away from Jayden, running back to Zoey, looking frightened again. She rubbed his head, "It's okay, that's just Jayden, he won't hurt you, and that's a Patrat." She said to him, happily. Litten had followed Lillipup over to Jayden, only just realising there was a new Pokemon to be seen, so it sat down, looking up at Patrat and turning its head as it clutched Jayden. Lillipup had stayed with Zoey, laying down next to her leg.

Courir ran to the lab to catch up with everyone else, and on the way, scanned Audino with the Pokedex Sycamore gave him

Audino, the Hearing Pokémon. It's auditory sense is astounding. It has a radarlike ability to understand its surroundings through slight sounds. Using the feelers on its ears, it can tell how someone is feeling or when an egg might hatch. This Audino is owned by you, and knows Hyper Voice, Pound, Misty Terrain, and Helping hand.

"Heh, neat." Courir said, as he stopped in front of the lab, and slowly opened the door, and said "Uh, Hi guys."
"Aud?"
"Oh, Audino, these are my friends."
"Aud...Aud!" Audino said as she walked over to Jayden.
"Ches, Ches!"

'You have a Rotom Dex?!' Jayden blurted out, upon seeing the living machine. 'They're super rare, and expensive, due to it being a Rotom, which is apparently really rare. You don't get Rotoms often in Kanto, actually, so..'. He looked down at his Pokedex, which looked like nothing now. Even worse, it was a really old version. 'Ugh.... this feels so old now.'. He quickly put it away.

Patrat had been healing up quite quickly, after eating the Berry, and soon it was actually sat on Jayden's forehead. Squirtle looked a bit jealous, but Patrat remained to sit on the forehead of her trainer.

"Oh, this little thing?" Zoey said, smiling as she directed her Rotom out of her bag again. "It was a gift from Kukui, I did a performance for him with some of his Pokemon to encourage them to have fun in his studies." She told Jayden, still with a big smile. "Nice to meet you! I'm Rotom, Zoey's friendly Poke Dex!" Rotom said to Jayden, also smiling with Zoey, it turned to her for a moment, "This is Jayden, one of my new friends that was also sent to find this mysterious thing going on in Unova." Rotom turned back to Jayden, "I hope you can find whatever it is in Unova, I should be able to help you on the way. Just give Zoey the word!" Zoey nodded, knowing how much knowledge Rotom contained about the region's and all the Pokemon, even some myths about Pokemon groups that could exist. (Team Pixel)

He stared at Rotom Dex with an open jaw. Jayden loved Pokemon, and especially rare Pokemon. 'You know, Rotom Dex can do stuff like take pictures and give you these weird items. I don't know if it'll work in Unova though... it would make you really ready for any battles... it would make them really easy.'. Squirtle hid in his shell from the Pokedex, he didn't get how a mechanical object was moving. 'Squirtle, it's fine.'. Squirtle still remained in his shell. 'Oh... there's the Professor.'.

Professor Juniper came over to the group of trainers, through two locked glass doors in-front. 'Hello! You guys must be the Professors' trainers, right? I recognize you, Justin, after all, I picked you to embark on the journey. I'm assuming you want information on the strange phenomenon thing, right? Well... I'm afraid, I can't tell you, or myself. No-one actually knows. However, what we do know, is that it is probably the reason behind the occasional five-minute dark-grey cloud-covered skies. And the blackouts in certain towns. If it was a Pokemon however, it would be an undiscovered one, as there isn't any evidence to Pokemon that can do this and let out enough energy to cover the region. Due to the energy covering the whole region, we don't know its location either. However, us professors already have enough fame, and we thought maybe some new trainers could get the fame, make friends, and go on a journey. Is there anything else you need to know?'. Juniper gave a friendly smile.

Kitranta paid close attention to what Professor Juniper had to say. Apparently a Pokémon with great power was affecting the weather of all of Unova, and it was also causing blackouts throughout the region. No wonder why multiple trainers were sent in to investigate. All of this could definitely be catastrophic if things stay the way they are.

Kitranta nodded, and said to the Professor, "Understood, all of this information would definitely be useful, but I'll definitely be taking this investigation as my priority. Thank you, professor. I'll be taking my leave now." Kitranta then headed out of the lab.

It seemed that Jayden, Zoey, and Courir had caught their first Pokémon, though Kitranta didn't seem interested in catching Pokémon from the route they were in, so she decided not to catch any of them, but instead recorded data on them. She used her Pokedex to scan Patrat, Lillipup, and Audino in the area. This data would definitely be useful for Professor Rowan once Kitranta returns to Sinnoh.

Jayden had said his thanks to the professor, and left. He was going to go to Route One, but however, it was getting late. He decided to return Squirtle, who was following behind Jayden, and Patrat, who was asleep in his arms. After ten minutes, he had arrived at the Son of the Sea, and headed to his room, and put his bag beside his bed. He leapt onto his bed, and after a short while, fell asleep. He dreamt about owning a really strange-looking Pokemon, and woke up at midnight. As he looked up, he looked outside, to see one of his Poke-Balls on the bed-side table was open.

Quickly, Jayden released the other Pokemon, which was Squirtle. Then he noticed, a horde of Patrat and a Watchog outside the hotel, on Route One. One of the Patrats had something on them, it looked like red paint. Jayden was confused. Surely, that wasn't his Patrat in that pack. Maybe it had seen a Patrat that was hurt, and went after it to help. Or maybe... that was red paint, and Patrat was faking to be hurt, for attention. Had it faked being hurt when it came to Jayden? Was this Patrat a puppeteer of a Jayden puppet? Surely not.

Then he looked closely at the Patrat's Poke-Ball. It was broken. Jayden stared, motionless at the Poke-Ball. Squirtle leapt up onto his trainer, and gave him a warm hug (which was actually cold), trying to cheer Jayden up. It didn't work. Jayden fell asleep, and had a dream about a riot of Watchog and his Patrats on the Nuvema Town, all controlled by a single Patrat, what was his Patrat, like a grunt to a Team Rocket controlling the admins.

Courir said hello to the professor, said his thanks for the information, and went after Jayden to the hotel, He went to bed in his room, and snoozed away, without a care in the world. His Chespin, however, was restless, and went to explore the hotel, he somehow ended up in Jayden's room as Jayden saw the crowd, and Chespin decided to spy on him. When Jayden went back to bed, Chespin started to run back to Courir's room, Accidently knocking something(He couldn't see it.) in the process, and ran right into the door.

Zoey had put Rotom away, and was listening to the Professor, like everyone else. When she'd finished talking, and had to leave, Zoey decided to follow Jayden out to Route One, until he changed direction to the hotel, but she carried on to the Route to do some battles with Litten so he wouldn't be hyped and getting out of his Pokeball while she slept.

Upon arriving at Route One, Zoey let Litten run off to play and battle wild Pokemon, and looked down at Lillipup, who looked scared to fight. She thought she'd teach him, and encourage him to have fun battling. "Hey, don't worry! I'll be here to help you." She told him, rubbing his little head. She found a wild Patrat, and got Lillipup to enter into battle. He had some good moves, so it would be no problem for the little Pokemon to win against the Patrat anyway. "Lillipup, use Bite!" The move had weakened the Patrat by alot, and the next destroyed it, "Lillipup, use Crunch!" The Patrat ran away, and Zoey congratulated Lillipup, who was looking less scared, and more happy in himself.

Litten came running over, looking distressed, "What is it..?" Zoey asked him, and he got her to follow him down Route One, and started to see a big horde of Patrat and Watchdog. She opened her mouth, astonished to see it, and put both Litten and Lillipup back, "Right.. that's enough for tonight, you've got some exercise.." She said to them, getting closer to the Patrats, and seeing one with red paint on it, maybe trying to look injured. "Um.. what are you guys doing?" She asked them, maybe they would understand, or do something.

The Patrats all looked at Zoey, including the Patrat. As soon as it took a look at Zoey, the Watchog, shouted, and charged at Zoey. All the Patrats, and the Watchog would have over-powered the girl, but nothing happened. A horde of Pokemon, all seemed to be wild, came out, and started to battle the Patrats and the Watchog. However, they were doing nothing to the latter.

Jayden heard the roar of the Watchog, and looked out his window, to see the large fight. He could make out a Litten in the crowd. Immediately, from instinct, he opened the window, but noticed that it was a bit of a stupid thing to jump from the window, as there were no gutters or anything of the sort. Instead, he ran as fast, out of the hotel, and, in five minutes, reached Zoey.

'SQUIRTLE! USE WATER-GUN!'. He roared. However, it didn't hit the Watchog, it hit the "injured" Patrat. The paint washed off. Everyone looked at the Patrat, and the battle stopped. A mash of moves fired at Patrat, and it ran away, at full speed, managing to dodge most the moves. 'DON'T YOU DARE COME BACK AND CONTROL YOUR FRIENDS AND HURT MY FRIEND!' Jayden shouted at the Patrat. The shout was loud and no-where near what someone would expect Jayden to be like. The Patrat was no-where to be seen. All the Pokemon in the Route scattered, now that the battle was over.

'Geez, that was awesome, really shows you the bond of Pokemon and human, right?'

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
After Juniper had addressed the trainers, Justin had pretty much just wandered around the town. While he could’ve been spending time with the other trainers and such, none of the Pokémon along the first route interested him at all, and he’d have to wait until Pinwheel Forest to catch his first Pokémon. Of course, Oshawott would be lonely until then, but Justin would try to keep his pal happy until a new Pokémon was captured. As he wandered the streets of Nuvema(which he knew all by heart, as this was his hometown) he couldn’t help but wonder what the Professor had said. “Blackouts? Dark gray cloud periods? What could this mean? Nevermind....” he said to himself. Oshawott, now a bit bored, had hopped off his shoulder, running of towards the others. “Oshawott, wait!” He yelled, chasing after his Pokémon.

Zoey jumped as the Patrat came for her, trying to run back. She'd heard a 'Mrawr!' in the distance, and it started to worry her as she looked inside her bag, seeing Litten's opened Pokeball. "Litten, come back NOW! You could get really hurt, there's too many-" She stopped, seeing Lillipup jumping out from the bag as well, and running forward to defend Zoey. She had a smile on her face, watching her Pokemon automatically defending her. It gave her time to run away, just in sight to see Jayden coming in with Squirtle, shouting at a Patrat that he'd recently caught. Zoey was surprised, never thinking she'd hear Jayden shout like that, of all people. She went up to him, completely gob smacked. "Uh, wow, so.." Quickly remembering Litten and Lillipup, she called for them both, and they walked over, tired. Lillipup was quite bruised, but Litten, on the other hand, being a good battler, looked fine. She picked them both up in her arms, "Thank you! You guys are the best!" She looked at Jayden, "Thanks for coming too! I think I'll head to bed.. see you later." She walked off, back to the hotel and into her room.

When Zoey got back inside, she put Litten in his Pokeball for the night, and put it on a pillow next to the bed. She got some berries from her little stash that was inside her hoodie, and fed some to him, putting him up to good health again, not really being bothered to go all the way back to the lab. He jumped up at her legs once she put him down, and she fed him one last cheeky berry, and put him in a Pokeball, also putting it next to Litten's one. Zoey got into her pyjamas, and jumped into bed, drifting off to sleep.

Last edited:
When Chespin finally reached Courir's room, he noticed that his trainer AND Audino were snoring away, which compelled him to forget about what he saw, and he fell asleep on . Chespin then had a nightmare that he and Courir had caught many strong pokémon, and that they all turned on Courir. Courir woke up in the middle of the night, noticing his Audino was looking out at route one, looking quite sad. Courir walked up to his Pokémon, and asked
"Hey buddy, what's wrong?"
"Aud...Aud."
"Oh, you miss your home, don't you.
"Aud!"
"Of course you do, I don't blame ya. But, to be honest, you shouldn't worry, me and Chespin will take good care of you."
"Aud-ino!"
"That's the spirit! Anyway, its time to go to bed now."
"Aud." After this short conversation, Audino went back to sleep, and eventually, so did Courir.

Zoey yawned, waking up to an array of.. not light, but grey clouds in the sky. Is this what the professor was talking about? It sure looked like it. Zoey quickly got out of bed, changing into her clothes and getting Litten and Lillipup back into her bag. She ran to each door of the trainers, knocking on it to wake them up, then stood outside, waiting for them. “Wake up! The clouds that the professor was talking about, they’re right outside! We should do something, fast!”