• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seven Greatest Wonders... of pokemon!

Woah David, No need to get all "religious spammerness" on me
It was a joke anyway.
Thats sort of what I was trying to get at Geomon, Its just hard to explain. I think Mew is the route of all pokemon and created (somehow) all the others ones, because it was the first one, in theory..Lol

Woah David, No need to get all "religious spammerness" on me
It was a joke anyway.
Thats sort of what I was trying to get at Geomon, Its just hard to explain. I think Mew is the route of all pokemon and created (somehow) all the others ones, because it was the first one, in theory..Lol

While its never said any are gods,its sort of hinted of the idea of Arceus being a godly pokemon,mostly due to many religious referances,such as the thousand hands and his "creations" in pokemon mythology.Whether or not he did in fact do those things,who knows.But the game did sort of hint to him being like such in the pokemon world.

At the moment my biggest question of what i said is whether or not Arceus came first,or was the first being made/to decent from Mew.Both have story settings that seem to make them look like the original,if it can be said,Mew having a more scientific sense of it while Arceus having a more religious sense of it in the storyline.

....boy...i think i'm getting too deep into this

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_1/kojiki.html

It explains all about how the world was created in Japanese mythology. And just so everyone knows mew and arceus are like Izanagi and Izanami from the story.

While its never said any are gods,its sort of hinted of the idea of Arceus being a godly pokemon,mostly due to many religious referances,such as the thousand hands and his "creations" in pokemon mythology.Whether or not he did in fact do those things,who knows.But the game did sort of hint to him being like such in the pokemon world.

At the moment my biggest question of what i said is whether or not Arceus came first,or was the first being made/to decent from Mew.Both have story settings that seem to make them look like the original,if it can be said,Mew having a more scientific sense of it while Arceus having a more religious sense of it in the storyline.

....boy...i think i'm getting too deep into this

Exactly! It's just mythology, nothing more. Fiction among fiction. And if you think that I'm trying to slaughter Pokemon mythology, then you haven't read Stel's "Is it just me..." thread.

I have a question that has always bothered me
why are moves like thunderbolt, thundershock, and thunder all electric moves using electricity
shouldn't they be sound moves since that's all thunder is
instead shouldn't the be called Lightningbolt,Lightningshock, and Lightning?

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_1/kojiki.html

It explains all about how the world was created in Japanese mythology. And just so everyone knows mew and arceus are like Izanagi and Izanami from the story.

I'll definatly have to read that sometime...and Hercules i never said it wasn't pokemon mythology don't get worked up over it ^^;;

why are moves like thunderbolt, thundershock, and thunder all electric moves using electricity

i have 3 theories

1.Jap name mistranslation

2.The indigo league people who handle all pokemon move names messed up

3....well i dont really have a 3

either way,its more than likely an oversight

But doesn't Thunderbolt, Thundershock, and Thunder roll of your tongue more? I mean Lightningbolt is nowhere near as cool to say as Thunderbolt. I wondered about the same thing but I guess the creators thought thunder sounded cooler than lightning. More Oomph.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Also, Take into consideration that 'Thunder' is 7 letters and 'Lightning' is 9 letters. And there IS a 12 character limit on attack names (just like there is a 10 character limit on PokéMon names), if I recall correctly. At least there was back in the first and second generation games, which is when these moves were named.

And as much as PokéMon loves retconning stuff, it doesn't like retconning its attack names. :p

TBA: You weren't completely wrong: "Thundershock" is Denki Shokku (でんきショック) - which literally means 'Electric Shock'. "Thunderbolt" is Juuman Boruto (10まんボルト) - which, pretty much means "100,000 Volt". "Thunder" in Japanese is Kaminari (かみなり) which literally MEANS thunder.

(Thunderpunch and Thunderwave, by the way, are, Kaminari Panchii (かみなりパンチ) and Denji Ha (でんじは) respectively. So, they're more accurately Thunder Punch and Electricity Wave)

Last edited by a moderator:
More mysterys:

1) If Uxie, Mespirit, and Aself lvl 50, how did they create the world?

2) Where did Deoxys come from?

3) Why does Flotesel brake-dance when it is sent out?

4) Where did Missingno. come from???

More mysterys:

1) If Uxie, Mespirit, and Aself lvl 50, how did they create the world?

2) Where did Deoxys come from?

3) Why does Flotesel brake-dance when it is sent out?

4) Where did Missingno. come from???

1)A.Power is not limited to attack power.Just because somthing is physically frail doesnt mean it doesnt have incredible powers elsewhere
B)Its Poke-Mythology

2)Dexoys is a space virus i believe made from a large amount of energy placed on it or at least thats what i've gotten

3)Never used

4)Missingno. is a placeholder mostly,i've already put a link to all the info there is on 1st gen if u can look on the fourm ^^;;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
1) The only thing that Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf "created" is a massive headache. Kindly brush up on your PokéMon mythology before making redundant questions.

2) Space. Where no one can hear you scream.

3) Why can n00bs walk around without a brain? Some things no one can answer.

4) A glitch in the data of the Red and Blue versions. If I recall correctly, encounter rates were, rather than pre-set and preprogrammed for each route, altered the moment you've entered a certain route. The half-land-half-sea tiles in the Cinnabar Island region had no encounter rates set to them - and rather, followed the encounter rate in the last area you've been to. This glitch can be exploited to, for instance, catch wild Safari Zone PokéMon.

Missingno. was triggered by a reset of the encounter rate into nothing by the Old Man/Weedle event. The encounter rate was set to nothing, and therefore you run into... missing glitched coding. Missingno. Simple as that.

1) The only thing that Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf "created" is a massive headache. Kindly brush up on your PokéMon mythology before making redundant questions.

2) Space. Where no one can hear you scream.

3) Why can n00bs walk around without a brain? Some things no one can answer.

4) A glitch in the data of the Red and Blue versions. If I recall correctly, encounter rates were, rather than pre-set and preprogrammed for each route, altered the moment you've entered a certain route. The half-land-half-sea tiles in the Cinnabar Island region had no encounter rates set to them - and rather, followed the encounter rate in the last area you've been to. This glitch can be exploited to, for instance, catch wild Safari Zone PokéMon.

Missingno. was triggered by a reset of the encounter rate into nothing by the Old Man/Weedle event. The encounter rate was set to nothing, and therefore you run into... missing glitched coding. Missingno. Simple as that.

Building on the missingno thing,what basically happened (i believe),is that while this strip of water had no monsters,it was made to give monsters.After doing the old man thing,your characters name was temporarily stored where the pokemon encounters were.Based on your name certain pokemon at certain levels showed up.The reason every game will have a level 80 M' as an option is because M' is the end of character key in the string (aka this character is in every name)

it is also because of this that pokemon of absurd levels show up,because keys are entered in your name which do not equal normal levels.So if you are insanely lucky you can catch high level pokemon of your choosing (however only some,because some characters such as mew's are not possible to gain without gameshark)

it is also possible to use the mew glitch to find Missingno,as long as you can find a trainer with a pokemon who's special (i believe this is the determining stat) is = to a missingno's

watch out for trainer pokemon though!

and yeah...Missingno interests me a lot...i like glitches

What the hell is Shuckle. Really.

And How scary would it be to be a PokeMon that just *ahem "made an egg" with a ditto?

i read somewhere that shuckle is based off those playdo toys that squeeze playdo through holes,to make spagetti like playdo and such.

and really,i'd rather not ask,especially since many pokemon live off ditto to get eggs due to low female ratios....

i read somewhere that shuckle is based off those playdo toys that squeeze playdo through holes,to make spagetti like playdo and such.

Oh...thats random :-\

Also who's the retard who thought it be funny to make zubat the most annoying PokeMon ever and put him in every single cave known to man?!?

Also who's the retard who thought it be funny to make zubat the most annoying PokeMon ever and put him in every single cave known to man?!?

well it does add some challenge to the game,since theres many pokemon who cant one shot golbats later in the game until they've gotten some levels.But yeah i do hate confuse ray.However if you hate it so much you always have the option of using one yourself :)

He is quite possibly the same guy that made you encounter Tentacool almost every single time you surfed in the see; the same guy that created Rattata, Raticate, Zigzagoon, and Linoone. I believe they, not Zubat are the most irritating Pokemon EVER. At least Zubat evolves into something cool.

well it does add some challenge to the game,since theres many pokemon who cant one shot golbats later in the game until they've gotten some levels.But yeah i do hate confuse ray.However if you hate it so much you always have the option of using one yourself :)

yeah but after 13 games of the same zubat filled caves you just HAVE to walk through I think I've caught enough of them.

[quote author=Carmen Lopez link=topic=1517.msg19300#msg19300 date=1180571749]
He is quite possibly the same guy that made you encounter Tentacool almost every single time you surfed in the see; the same guy that created Rattata, Raticate, Zigzagoon, and Linoone. I believe they, not Zubat are the most irritating Pokemon EVER. At least Zubat evolves into something cool.
[/quote]

True. It's like they're forcing you to catch them. Like you'll ever use them after the 4th gym.

I agree with Hypotenuse Man!
Whenever I fight a Golbat they give me a run for my money, and also with the tentacruel! They are highly strong and I think they put them there because they are good pokemon for BEGINNGERS Because they evolve Into totally stronger pokemon later, making the game, much easier.

And for the whole ditto thing. It knows transform =D Take in account the pokemons tradmarks! Im positive it turns into the same pokemon, yet opposite gender.
Because everyone knows Ditto's are horny corner hoe's =O!
Actually, I love Ditto's so dont take that offensively.

Here is a wonder!
Why do Spinda love spinning so much? XD Is it because its there name..Im pretty sure in Poke world they where named because they spin so..
What made them want to just..Spin? and be dizzy all the time?

Also..Worlds most unknown pokemon..
Does anyone even remember that bulky bat that looks somewhat like a crobot, but different?
I cant even remember its name
That pokemon is a mystery O_o
Since it has never gotten any airtime in anything. To my knowledge.

True. It's like they're forcing you to catch them. Like you'll ever use them after the 4th gym.

TAKE THAT!

You say here that nobody would use them after the fourth gym - you would use them to get to Crobat and Tentacruel! Thus, your counter is revealed... *dramatic zoom-in* for the baseless conjecture it truly is!

Haha, yeah, I dig PW. ^^

Also..Worlds most unknown pokemon..
Does anyone even remember that bulky bat that looks somewhat like a crobot, but different?
I cant even remember its name
That pokemon is a mystery O_o
Since it has never gotten any airtime in anything. To my knowledge.

What in the World?!? I looked at all 493 Pokemon and I don't see anything that looks like a bulky bat. It's not the Porygon line is it?

No and Im sure it exsists!! ><
I believe they are found under blackthorne city, and know they are of the 2nd generation!..They look like bulky crobats I swear to god XD I doubt anyone would know this off the top of there head lol.

OMG..
It is Gligar XD
untitled.jpg

I dont know much about the 4th gen yet.
Though before that..I dont think many people would remember it XP They probably think both are new, since Gligar was rare for some reason to find...
Thanks StellarWind!

Though my Spinda mystery still stands XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
If I recall correctly, Spinda evolved to fool predators into thinking they are permanently dizzy and confused, in order to throw them off guard. However, in fact, Spinda are not confused at all - their opponents, however, tend to be.

OMG..
It is Gligar XD
untitled.jpg

I dont know much about the 4th gen yet.
Though before that..I dont think many people would remember it XP They probably think both are new, since Gligar was rare for some reason to find...
Thanks StellarWind!

Though my Spinda mystery still stands XD

Wow. I was little worried there. No one will ever forget Gligar. Aside from being cute yet cool looking, remember Gligarman from the anime? That was ridiculously funny.

Anyone that plays the UU metagame can never forget Gligar, every team needs a Gligar counter, otherwise it will sweep the floor with you.

Oh gligarman, I remember that episode, made me want to train a gligar, but back then it needed mostly TMs to be any use, its natural moves were just sucky :p

Well I guess The Zubats just make a real scary mouth at you then XD
About the Pokemon that use Iron tail and have no tail, Dunno, Would you use a pokemon with the move "Iron butt?"
I guess thats why.