• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seven Greatest Wonders... of pokemon!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
1. Machop is a warmblooded, anthropomorphic archosaurian. Basically a dinosaur morph.

2. There is no official explanation for Charmander's tail flame. I personally believe that Charmander's tail constantly secretes a flammable fluid as a secondary result of its metabolism. When Charmander's on adrenaline rush more of the fluid is being secreted (and quite possibly, due to higher oxygen content in breathing, more oxygen is pumped to the fire, causing the infamous 'oxygen flame' effect witnessed in Charmeleons). The tip of Charmander's tail is lined with some form of fireproof plumes that, when rubbing against each other, create sparks. These sparks ignite the fluid, keeping it on fire. oxygen from the outside and quite possibly from within the Charmander's tail-fluids also keeps the burning going.

A sleeping or sick Charmander's metabolism is probably slower (or its products are focused elsewhere) and so the flame may burn weaker when it sleeps or is sick. A dead charmander would produce no flammable liquid, and so when a Charmander dies, so does its tail flame. I doubt it's possible to put out a Charmander's tail flame artificially...

3. The only PokéMon witnessed to use Pay Day is Meowth, and we all know that Meowth are attracted to shiny objects. Maybe Meowth collects coins? Either that, or it is magically capable of summoning gold out of thin air. >>

Last edited by a moderator:
I THINK #1-WHAT IS THE FRIST POKEMON ???!!
ZAC's PokéPet

BUIZEL the level 25 Buizel

Last edited by a moderator:
I never watched much Pokemon xP And I guess that explains why they waste time catching pikachu, but the problem is that teamrocket is to much like WilyKyoate (or however thats spelled) alwas wasting time trying to obtain one certain pokemon, and they seem to alwas have enough money for a giant machine, but never enough money to buy a pikachu >.

Seviper and Zangoose hate each other genetically. In other words they're born with that hatred. I read the in-game PokeDex, and that's where I got it. My question: Why did Arcues/Mew have to stop at 493? Only 7 more Pokemon, and we would've hit 500! They really should've made a puny 7 more.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Because it's a triangle, and most other type triangles people have tried to figure out aren't completely balanced and tend to favour one type over another. And yet... a lot of the balance between them is lost once you reach the final stagers with their Dual-types xp

It's pretty much tradition now, too ^^

Yeah, but it's a normal type. Normal types seem to have a knack of learning all kinds of moves, i.e. Azurill, even though it's normal, learns tons of water moves.

Besides, I'm pretty sure meowth learns thunderschock with the help of a TM. >>;

I think I can stump you all! Here are my Seven wonders of Pokemon!

1. How come in the first episodes of Pokemon, you come across an episode where you see BABY pikachues..They said they where baby Pikachues..arent those suppose to be Pichu's? Lol.

2. How is it even Possible for Snorlax to use body slam, that goes against every law of science known to man.

3. How the hell does a pokemon even half the size of snorlax live through the body slam? That should be instant KO right there o.o.

4. Who Do Machops Develop underwear when they turn into Machoke, I dont remember going out and buying Pokemon underwear.

5. Why did they give us Pokeblocks, a completelty random idea, when they've had Pokefood since the beggining of Pokemon....?

6. Why dont legendaries have genders?

7. How the hell did Sabrina get a Female Mr.Mime in Gold/Silver/Crystal.

I think I can stump you all! Here are my Seven wonders of Pokemon!

1. How come in the first episodes of Pokemon, you come across an episode where you see BABY pikachues..They said they where baby Pikachues..arent those suppose to be Pichu's? Lol.

2. How is it even Possible for Snorlax to use body slam, that goes against every law of science known to man.

3. How the hell does a pokemon even half the size of snorlax live through the body slam? That should be instant KO right there o.o.

4. Who Do Machops Develop underwear when they turn into Machoke, I dont remember going out and buying Pokemon underwear.

5. Why did they give us Pokeblocks, a completelty random idea, when they've had Pokefood since the beggining of Pokemon....?

6. Why dont legendaries have genders?

7. How the hell did Sabrina get a Female Mr.Mime in Gold/Silver/Crystal.

because pichu evolves via happiness, and when it's not with a trainer, it's as happy as can be. so there are small pikachus.

it rolls over. and pokemon live in a different universe than ours, so they don't have to live by our laws.

they're from space. and they have different body composures. and see above.

see my # 2. maybe it's not really underwear, but excess skin created when they evolve?

not a wonder.

that's like asking how god made man. well, he could've had sex with himself, since man doesn't have to be an exact replica, or anything similar.

i have no idea, and i don't know why they changed the gender ratios of mr. mimes from 100% male to 50/50 in the advanced gen. *shrugs* according to stel, mr. mime's japanese name isn't gender specific, so that might have something to do with it.

i have no idea, and i don't know why they changed the gender ratios of mr. mimes from 100% male to 50/50 in the advanced gen. *shrugs* according to stel, mr. mime's japanese name isn't gender specific, so that might have something to do with it.

Mr. Mime was always 50/50 as far as gender is concerned. And its Japanese name is Barriered (or something phonetically similar), so it never had a reason to be all male.

Mr. Mime was always 50/50 as far as gender is concerned. And its Japanese name is Barriered (or something phonetically similar), so it never had a reason to be all male.

mr. mime was 100% male in the first and second gens, but as far as the never-having-a-reason, yeah, i agree. other than the english name.

how did gary go from being an all-time jerk to a doctor (2nd gen, or chronicles, or something, and a good one at that,) and then an all-time jerk again? with better pokemon than ash, STILL?

mr. mime was 100% male in the first and second gens, but as far as the never-having-a-reason, yeah, i agree. other than the english name.

In the first gen, gender didn't exist outside of Nidoran. So that's a moot point. Mr. Mime was neither female nor male. And in the second gen, Mr. Mime was definitely 50/50. Besides Sabrina's infamous Mr. Mime, I distinctly remember having caught a female Mr. Mime more than once.

Okay lets switch it, how can there be Male Jynx's? >>
Thats bodily disapproving. XD
Also, wasn't there a male Nidoqueen somewhere in Gold/Silver?
That also, makes no sense...
I understand the reasons they did it was the code to make all pokemon of the trainers the same sex..But..that doesnt always work XD

Jynx are actually 100% female, as are Nidoqueen... I don't think there was a male Nidoqueen in GSC, but I could be mistaken. I just think I would have noticed, but you never know.

I have a question thats been bothering me...

does anyone know the order of births of the first pokemon?

like which came first,mew or Arceus?Ho-oh or the lake legendary pokemon

well i believe you can check the original diamond and the first Pokemon you see i believe would be the first ever made

It seems pretty clear from the pokedexes that Mew came before the first 150,especially since mewtwo was made off him.I believe the Pokedex is based on discoveries,and then after discovery order region

So Kanto's discovery order,than johto,etc.

I'm pretty sure the scientists in the game havnt chronologically ordered the pokedex

The first pokemon discovered, I think was mew...If im not mistaken..If you watched the movie about it anyway Im pretty sure they where looking at old markings that date back saying that was the first pokemon..I think this is implying Pokemon came from space (Look at all the pokemon IN space) Mew came from space, Ryaquza (Butchered, dont feel like looking it up) Was in space when it fought THE official space pokemon, Deoxys...
So I think Mew was the FIRST pokemon, as well first discovered and all others just kinda came off of that (That would also explain Mew's Transform ability, so it could change into what it wanted and spawn all the others) So figurativly speaking..Mew =God?
O_o..