• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seven Greatest Wonders... of pokemon!

What do you think are the greatest wonders? They can be funny or serious.

1) Do Diglet/Dugtrio have and end to they're body?
2) How does they're hole follow them?
3) Clefairy, an astronaut?
4) Mew, a shapeshifter?
5) What's the first pokemon?
6) What came first, the egg or the Torchic? Ba dum dum!
7) If Groudon and Kyogre made the earth, what did they battle on?

Hehheheheheheheheheeh ;D! Got wonders?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hoenn Master:

1) Obviously they do, we just never see it because the official artists are retarded.

2) They move underground, and when they pop out, a new hole pops up with them.

3) There are rumors that Clefairy originated in the moon, but the truth is that they came from New Jersey.

4) Possibly. I personally believe that Mew's shapeshifting abilities are more psychic in origin than biological - they can cause other creatures to think that they changed their form using psychic mindwaves, fitting to their status as a PokéMon believed to be nothing but a mirage.

5) It was probably some type of insect. Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of PokéMon, modeled the game after his hobby of bug catching and collecting, and apparantly his early concepts were mostly arthropods.

6) The egg. Torchic is a Generation 3 PokéMon, while eggs were introduced in Generation 2.

7) Kyogre and Groudon did not make the earth. They are elemental avatars, so to speak, with power over the weather. What people thought of them is nothing but mythology.

Nieru:

I believe I've already answered that. It probably wiggles its toes. Or its ear-crest thingies.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, it would be interesting to see, though... every other metronome user uses fingers or in togepi's case, its whole hand. BTW, That is the all time best monty python sketch, IMO, either that, or every sperm is sacred... or the lumberjack song... or the argument clinic... god, there are just so many....

The real mystery is the reason behind Geodude's floating. It's not psychic or magnetic. Nothing's ever been mentioned about anything anti-gravity.

good one ??? You've stumped me. *faints*

The egg. Torchic is a Generation 3 PokéMon, while eggs were introduced in Generation 2.

What I meant was this: What came first, the pokemon or the egg? Not in chronological order, the actual thing.
Wait! Torchic may be 3rd gen, but it still existed during the times of Kanto and Jhoto, right? :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Game-wise, no, it didn't, and the PokéMon came before the egg as the breeding thingy was introduced in generation 2. XD

[quote name='StellarWind Elsydeon]Game-wise' date=' no, it didn't, and the PokéMon came before the egg as the breeding thingy was introduced in generation 2. XD[/quote']

??? You've got me confused. ??? *Thud*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The first generation of PokéMon games (The Japanese Red, Green, and Blue, and the American versions built on the Blue version - Red and Blue, followed by the Yellow 'Special Pikachu Edition' or whatever) did not include any features having to do with breeding. The feature of breeding - and with it PokéMon eggs - appeared in the second generation of games (Gold, Silver and Crystal).

Therefore, PokéMon existed before eggs - in-game at least - so the PokéMon came first.

... Although Exeggcute puts a question mark on that, even though they aren't true eggs.

Why doesn't Togepi learn Aerial Ace?
I don't think baby Pokemon in general can learn it.

[quote author=David Da Bomb link=topic=1517.msg14511#msg14511 date=1175701110]
Why do we have flightless Pokemon that can learn Aerial Ace?
[/quote]
Good one. I've looked at all the Pokemon that can learn Aerial Ace and there is nothing in common among the nonflying types that learn it.

Another great mystery, but this one has to do with the anime: Whatever happened to the GS ball? Was it just another giant plothole? It WAS one of Ash's reasons to even got to Johto in the first place.

[quote name='Carmen Lopez]Another great mystery' date=' but this one has to do with the anime: Whatever happened to the GS ball? Was it just another giant plothole? It WAS one of Ash's reasons to even got to Johto in the first place.[/quote']

Good question.

What exactly is Rayquaza, anyway?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Rayquaza is quite certainly the demon child of a chinese dragon and a nuclear missile. xD

The fate of the GS ball is the same fate of Ash's Pidgeot. The anime people simply forgot about it. :p

Maybe they'll get back to it when the Gold/Silver remakes are released and Ash will return to Johto for some contrived reason or another... XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sunny side up. XD

Nah, Togepi is a quite simply a nestling-chick form of Togetic that simply didn't shed off the rest of its egg. Like Calimero, or whatever you call that redundant cartoon penguin with the eggshell-helmet.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Because, in-game, all eggs have the same graphics, because they really didn't have the space in the ROM to make eggs look different for each species.

Ive got one, diglett and dugtrio learn scratch and slash...

What exactly do they slash with?
I mean, it could be presumed that underneath their very strange heads there are claws for digging etc, but all we have ever seen is their mutated heads, even in the anime when we saw lots of diglett making tunnels.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That is because the official artists are a bunch of retards.

It may not look it but Digletts are based on moles. And moles have claws of DOOM.

Well various Pokedex descriptions say that Dugtrio is "a team of Diglett triplets" and Emerald's states that they "split from one body", Dugtrio is one Diglett that split into three "separate" Diglett.

What exactly is Rayquaza, anyway?

An oriental dragon that legends claim created the atmosphere.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Because Avalanche is a physical attack, o Pokémon genius. ;)

Because Avalanche is a physical attack, o Pokémon genius. ;)

*Looked it up on Serebii's Attackdex* :o *stammering*

Avalanche does cause phyical contact? I was aware of it being a physical attack, but I just don't see how causing chunks of snow and ice to fall on something counts as coming in contact with it...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Torkoal is basically an ambulatory furnace - its massive shell has hollow spaces within it, which it fills with coal as it wanders along the mountains. The coal burns there. The more coal Torkoal gathers into its furnace-shell, the more powerful its attacks can be.

Hoenn Master:

1) Obviously they do, we just never see it because the official artists are retarded.

2) They move underground, and when they pop out, a new hole pops up with them.

3) There are rumors that Clefairy originated in the moon, but the truth is that they came from New Jersey.

4) Possibly. I personally believe that Mew's shapeshifting abilities are more psychic in origin than biological - they can cause other creatures to think that they changed their form using psychic mindwaves, fitting to their status as a PokéMon believed to be nothing but a mirage.

5) It was probably some type of insect. Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of PokéMon, modeled the game after his hobby of bug catching and collecting, and apparantly his early concepts were mostly arthropods.

6) The egg. Torchic is a Generation 3 PokéMon, while eggs were introduced in Generation 2.

7) Kyogre and Groudon did not make the earth. They are elemental avatars, so to speak, with power over the weather. What people thought of them is nothing but mythology.

Nieru:

I believe I've already answered that. It probably wiggles its toes. Or its ear-crest thingies.

Liar! Kyogre and Groudon are not just Elemental Avatars, they made Hoenn's mainland, remember?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(sighs) Mythology. That's the whole point. None of the legendaries ever made anything. The mythology about them was written by humans, their PokéDex entries (which by the way doesn't say ANYTHING about them 'creating Hoenn's mainland', just expanding the sea by creating great rainstorms or raising landmasses by drying the sea) were written by humans. And humans are impressionable creature.

Just because 'Legends say that', doesn't mean that it necessarily happened. To borrow a phrase from Monty Python's 'Quest for the Holy Grail', 'Strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords are no basis for a system of government'.

If a Pokemon master is someone who catches every type of Pokemon, in the aime, would it not be morally wrong to capture legendaries, so therefor, isn't a Pokemon Master status either impossible or bad? If it is bad, why do people in the anime, want to achieve Pokemon Master status?

Why does Flygon learn Fly, as it is not a flying type?

Why doesn't Lickitung (I think it is) evolve in Battle Frontier, as it meets the requirements set by generation 4?

How do some many Non-Flying types learn aerial ace?