• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Serebii "Hacksawed"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was the cries I heard emmenating from their forums, until they imploded that is.

I know it is'nt good manners to laugh at others misfortune, So Ill say that at least when this place goes down it usually seems to be Oak's fault ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a few Pokemon websites were hit by hackers recently actually. I won't say anything that'll lead us to be jinx :X

Yeah serebii either refuses to load or loads a random forum atm... something tells me SPP will be veeeeery pissed off right now...
Gary stop enjoying it! :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[size=50pt]I AM NOT CALLED GARY!!!!!! >=O[/size]

Also, yeah, it is disturbingly mostly my fault when this place gets fucked up >_>... Though luckily, the transfer nonsense that brought us down a week or so ago more or less wasn't.

Also, I wouldn't say we have anything to worry about concerning hacking here. The way they got into Serebii was through a comprimised e-mail account. We have no valuable details in my e-mails that would leave the way open to get in.

To be honest, i'd be more worried about Serebii being directed to us and the server getting hammered. There's no way it would cope with the load and we'd end up down as well.

And Serebii itself isn't really hacked, it's just that the domain's been hi-jacked.

Total Pokemon WAS hacked though. But that's because Tony's fat. (in-joke >_> lol).

I must say whoever did it was rather imaginative. He changed serebii's whole forums to Arabic stylee (read left to right). If he'd done it without actually deleting stuff I might actually be sympathetic. But he didn't so just tarnishes more reputations, *sigh*.

I went to check Serebii today an well....you tube came up with the title: Sexual Masturbation Tutorial or something of that nature.....@____@

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Last time I checked it linked to a clip from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. "I'm just a sweet transvestite... from Transssssssssexual... TRANSYLVANIA!" xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"This whole series of events will likely not quiet down for quite some time, so expect Bulbanews to be releasing updates to this story over the next few days, and things continue to unfold."

Wow. Great. That's exactly what I want to be reading... I visit Serebii, too, but c'mon now.

Whatever. Its amusing seeing Serebii linked to the words "Long live Martha".

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Seems fixed now... >-> I needed some info yesterday, info that only Serebii had... lucky me... -.- Least I got it now.

Sorry Dr. Oak... force of habit... ^_^

Serebii still isn't working for me... it keeps saying the server is too busy and is trying to connect to agnph.com

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
It's working for me... Damn, I didn't check it while it was down, it would've been so funny ^^

Yeah its all fixeded now... damn that was funny while it lasted... well not overly funny but you know what I mean...

I still get angh or whatever. I was like...Huh. Another pokemon site...Hey look! A video! *watch**hits close window*

It was definatly ended up being a Zangoose and a Nidokind. There was a verb. Figure it out. -____-"

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Works just fine for me, and even Serebii stated that the domain issues had been resolved. If you're still having problems viewing it... tough luck ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.