• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
I hope it’s alright I included information about Hanwon’s army. I assumed we would all have armies, but I wasn’t sure if you wanted it to be like Conquest where every kingdom just has a couple warriors
Armies are fine, but the main way of settling battles will be through the duels between the respective Warlords and their retainers.

It can be rationalized as a way of settling disputed without the incredible loss of life.

An army would actually do well as a passive threat. Essentially you have to duel or face my army, and I'm sure most would choose the former.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Going to shaft Jakob and Felicia like that?

I didn't know what was going to happen to him on my first playthrough so I didn't push for the A support.

Pokedex entries man, they barely make sense.
Yes, that wasn't that nice to them, even if don't care too much about Jakob.
I knew that was gonna happen, but then again best character sooooo...
And last one pertaining to this post, Pokedex entries do not make a lot of sense at times.

For me, it's always been more fun to be adaptable and allow for a wider spread of moves. It allows for creative combos and inventive strategies the games don't quite allow, and it's one of my favorite aspect of Pokémon RPs. I'd say start with weaker moves for weaker Pokémon and build up, like the anime, but allow for inventive and unique uses and combos, like the manga.
Yeah, basically what I'd do.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Kyo,
I have recently heard rumblings of an impeding conflict that will devastate Sensō. I would like to organize an alliance between our nations. My father spoke fondly of yours and I believe you and I share similar values. I invite you to Komu in three days time to discuss the terms of an alliance, I will have a warrior waiting at the base of Mount Piku to guide you up.

Hanwon Song
So just to be clear, Hanwon is saying 3 days from when Kyo reads the letter correct? I just don't find it believable that Dunsparce could get to Moryurei, give Kyo time to prepare for the journey, and Kyo would be able to travel to Kumo all within the span of 3 days

So just to be clear, Hanwon is saying 3 days from when Kyo reads the letter correct? I just don't find it believable that Dunsparce could get to Moryurei, give Kyo time to prepare for the journey, and Kyo would be able to travel to Kumo all within the span of 3 days
Correct. Sorry, I should’ve made that more clear.

Side note: given the nature of conquest, we will have to find a way to deal with the frequent timeskips.

So I came up with what I believe is a really cool fighting style for Hanwon and Dunsparce, but I believe I will need your approval on it @kyuukestu Sorry for the sudden change, I just got the idea and ran with it. I’m super excited by it, please let me know if there’s anything I need to change! I will adapt to make it work. This would replace his current ability, weighted dice.

Ability: Mystical Bond- A very rare ability that is passed down in the Komu royal bloodline. It is basically a reverse battle bond, allowing the warrior to gain strength from their Pokémon. It is meant to allow Pokémon, like Dunsparce, that have lots or dormant power, but “weaker” host bodies to manifest their powers in a more capable host. Through ability evolution, the bond becomes stronger and they gain access to more moves. This ability evens out its strength, because while the warrior becomes stronger than the average ability would allow, his partner Pokémon is unable to battle. Essentially creating a 1v2 of a powered up Hanwon vs an opponent and their Pokémon. Additionally, if Hanwon and Dunsparce are separated, they are unable to activate the ability. So if Kyo were to kidnap Dunsparce, Komu would be pretty defenseless (please don’t xD), but that’s also why it was a big deal for Hanwon to send Dunsparce, it shows how serious he is and that he’s willing to trust her.

Stage One- Quarter Bond
Appearance: Hanwon’s left eye glows aqua, his muscle mass slightly increases, his skin seems to toughen- almost like scales, and the tips of his hair on his left side glows a white-aqua.
Effects: Hanwon gains a slight boost to Strength, Speed, and durability.
Adopted Moves:
  • Air Slash- Hanwon quickly slashes his butterfly swords, cutting the air and launching projectiles.
  • Drill Run- Hanwon holds both swords in an X above his head and quickly lunges at the opponent.
  • Ancient Power- Hanwon spins his Bō staff in front of his body, creating eight levitating rocks that he launches and will track his opponents.

Stage Two- Half Bond
Appearance: Both of Hanwon’s eyes glow aqua, all his hair glows aqua-white and floats upwards (truly anime style), his muscle mass stays the same as stage one, his skin toughens and shows aqua dragon scales scattered throughout his body (fading down the right side of his neck, some on his left forearm, some on his right calf), he sprouts very tiny wings- akin to Dunsparce’s, and his entire body weakly emanates a golden aura.
Effects: Hanwon gains a boost in strength, speed, and durability twice that of stage one. Though he cannot fly, the small wings allow for him to jump and “float” long distances.
Moves: In addition to all stage one moves, Hanwon gains access to (please note that for all tm and tutor moves Hanwon gains access to, it is required that Dunsparce first learns them through normal methods before Hanwon can use them).
  • Water Pulse- Hanwon creates a circle with his hands (dragonball style) and channels his energy to create a swirling sphere of water that he can launch at opponents (requires 5 seconds of prep).
  • Roost- Hanwon closes his eye and rests, regaining energy. Unfortunately, this requires him to completely stop fighting for one minute, of which he is completely defenseless. If the time is cut short, he will not be healed at all (10 minute cool down).
  • Shockwave- Hanwon crosses his swords in front of his body, then quickly slashes them in opposite directions, projecting an arc of electrified energy.
  • Fire Blast- Hanwon holds his Bō straight forward and channels his energy into it, creating the symbol of fire at the end that he can launch at opponents (requires 10 seconds of prep and has a five minute cool down).
Stage Three- Perfect Bond
Appearance- Hanwon and Dunsparce fully merge to become one. His forearms and calves are now completely covered in aqua dragon scales, his eyes glow aqua but gain a golden pupil, his hair seems to grow longer- still glowing white-aqua, his muscle mass increases slightly more, he sprouts a pair of slate blue horns (curved like the ones on Loki’s helmet), his wings grow to a large size but still resemble Dunsparce’s, and his entire body strongly emanates golden aura.
Effects: Hanwon gains a speed, strength, and durability boost equal to twice that of stage two. He can now fly using the wings and his loading time from stage two moves is halved (Water Pulse- 2.5 seconds, Roost- 30 seconds, 5 minute cool down, Fire Blast- 5 seconds, 2.5 minute cool down).
Moves: In addition to all previously learned moves, Hanwon gains access to
  • Earthquake- Hanwon plants his feet, channels his energy, then slams his bō staff into the ground as hard as he can, creating shockwaves that cause an earthquake (10 second prep, five minute cool down).
  • Trump Card- Hanwon swings his bō staff sideways, launching 6 glowing red cards. The cards get bigger and fly faster with each successive use.
  • Dragon Rush- Hanwon’s blades glow purple, his wings glow and temporarily expand in size, and he is covered with a purple dragon-like aura as he rushes at his opponent.
  • Secret Power- Hanwon glows pink and pink tendrils expand from his body, attacking according to his will.
  • Last Resort- Hanwon uses all his remaining energy and creates a giant star in front of himself that he can launch at his opponent (30 sec prep, once per battle).

So I came up with what I believe is a really cool fighting style for Hanwon and Dunsparce, but I believe I will need your approval on it @kyuukestu Sorry for the sudden change, I just got the idea and ran with it. I’m super excited by it, please let me know if there’s anything I need to change! I will adapt to make it work. This would replace his current ability, weighted dice.

Ability: Mystical Bond- A very rare ability that is passed down in the Komu royal bloodline. It is basically a reverse battle bond, allowing the warrior to gain strength from their Pokémon. It is meant to allow Pokémon, like Dunsparce, that have lots or dormant power, but “weaker” host bodies to manifest their powers in a more capable host. Through ability evolution, the bond becomes stronger and they gain access to more moves. This ability evens out its strength, because while the warrior becomes stronger than the average ability would allow, his partner Pokémon is unable to battle. Essentially creating a 1v2 of a powered up Hanwon vs an opponent and their Pokémon. Additionally, if Hanwon and Dunsparce are separated, they are unable to activate the ability. So if Kyo were to kidnap Dunsparce, Komu would be pretty defenseless (please don’t xD), but that’s also why it was a big deal for Hanwon to send Dunsparce, it shows how serious he is and that he’s willing to trust her.

Stage One- Quarter Bond
Appearance: Hanwon’s left eye glows aqua, his muscle mass slightly increases, his skin seems to toughen- almost like scales, and the tips of his hair on his left side glows a white-aqua.
Adopted Moves:
  • Air Slash- Hanwon quickly slashes his butterfly swords, cutting the air and launching projectiles.
  • Drill Run- Hanwon holds both swords in an X above his head and quickly lunges at the opponent.
  • Ancient Power- Hanwon spins his Bō staff in front of his body, creating eight levitating rocks that he launches and will track his opponents.

Stage Two- Half Bond
Appearance: Both of Hanwon’s eyes glow aqua, all his hair glows aqua-white and floats upwards (truly anime style), his muscle mass stays the same as stage one, his skin toughens and shows aqua dragon scales scattered throughout his body (fading down the right side of his neck, some on his left forearm, some on his right calf), he sprouts very tiny wings- akin to Dunsparce’s, and his entire body weakly emanates a golden aura.
Effects: Hanwon gains a boost in strength, speed, and durability twice that of stage one. Though he cannot fly, the small wings allow for him to jump and “float” long distances.
Moves: In addition to all stage one moves, Hanwon gains access to (please note that for all tm and tutor moves Hanwon gains access to, it is required that Dunsparce first learns them through normal methods before Hanwon can use them).
  • Water Pulse- Hanwon creates a circle with his hands (dragonball style) and channels his energy to create a swirling sphere of water that he can launch at opponents (requires 5 seconds of prep).
  • Roost- Hanwon closes his eye and rests, regaining energy. Unfortunately, this requires him to completely stop fighting for one minute, of which he is completely defenseless. If the time is cut short, he will not be healed at all (10 minute cool down).
  • Shockwave- Hanwon crosses his swords in front of his body, then quickly slashes them in opposite directions, projecting an arc of electrified energy.
  • Fire Blast- Hanwon holds his Bō straight forward and channels his energy into it, creating the symbol of fire at the end that he can launch at opponents (requires 10 seconds of prep and has a five minute cool down).
Appearance- Hanwon and Dunsparce fully merge to become one. His forearms and calves are now completely covered in aqua dragon scales, his eyes glow aqua but gain a golden pupil, his hair seems to grow longer- still glowing white-aqua, his muscle mass increases slightly more, he sprouts a pair of slate blue horns (curved like the ones on Loki’s helmet), his wings grow to a large size but still resemble Dunsparce’s, and his entire body strongly emanates golden aura.
Effects: Hanwon gains a speed, strength, and durability boost equal to twice that of stage two. He can now fly using the wings and his loading time from stage two moves is halved (Water Pulse- 2.5 seconds, Roost- 30 seconds, 5 minute cool down, Fire Blast- 5 seconds, 2.5 minute cool down).
  • Earthquake- Hanwon plants his feet, channels his energy, then slams his bō staff into the ground as hard as he can, creating shockwaves that cause an earthquake (10 second prep, five minute cool down).
  • Trump Card- Hanwon swings his bō staff sideways, launching 6 glowing red cards. The cards get bigger and fly faster with each successive use.
  • Dragon Rush- Hanwon’s blades glow purple, his wings glow and temporarily expand in size, and he is covered with a purple dragon-like aura as he rushes at his opponent.
  • Secret Power- Hanwon glows pink and pink tendrils expand from his body, attacking according to his will.
  • Last Resort- Hanwon uses all his remaining energy and creates a giant star in front of himself that he can launch at his opponent (30 sec prep, once per battle).
Very interesting ability. There might be some balancing to be done depending on how it's used it plays out in RP. How exactly everyone reacts to it in RP itself will be the deciding factor.

The ability itself is fine though. I'm a bit surprised more people didn't choose to adopt Pokemon traits.

From what I remember only Aether, Wyosyna and now Hanwon, possess skills like that.

Approved with probation. If its not game-breaking in practice it'll recieve full approval.

Very interesting ability. There might be some balancing to be done depending on how it's used it plays out in RP. How exactly everyone reacts to it in RP itself will be the deciding factor.

The ability itself is fine though. I'm a bit surprised more people didn't choose to adopt Pokemon traits.

From what I remember only Aether, Wyosyna and now Hanwon, possess skills like that.

Approved with probation. If its not game-breaking in practice it'll recieve full approval.
Alright thanks! I’ll do my best to keep it balanced

I didn't realize something like this was even allowed.
This recent ability is the furthest its been pushed.

Wyosyna's ability adds an element to her weapon, based on her Pokemon, and Aether adds poison to her weapon, however said poison is influenced by Salazzle's ability, Corrosion.

Of course, if anyone wants to adjust their abilities in retrospect then I'll allow that.

I think the ability (even though it has potential to be OP with Hanwon if I’m not careful) will become super OP if people take it near as far with other characters. I think it works for Hanwon because Dunsparce really isn’t very strong, so him merging with Dunsparce is a less significant power up then say, Ren gaining the powers of an Alakazam. I mean he would become the most intelligent human of all time. An idea could be Alakazam uses his telepathic abilities to alert Ren of incoming attacks, and use their strong link to control Ren with telekinesis and make him more mobile/able to fly

I think the ability (even though it has potential to be OP with Hanwon if I’m not careful) will become super OP if people take it near as far with other characters. I think it works for Hanwon because Dunsparce really isn’t very strong, so him merging with Dunsparce is a less significant power up then say, Ren gaining the powers of an Alakazam. I mean he would become the most intelligent human of all time. An idea could be Alakazam uses his telepathic abilities to alert Ren of incoming attacks, and use their strong link to control Ren with telekinesis and make him more mobile/able to fly
Ren's partner is a Ralts (Eventually Gallade).

Stage One- Quarter Bond
Adopted Moves:

Stage Two- Half Bond
Réburst, anyo-
This reminds me of Pokemon Réburst, anyone remember that?
dAMN IT

Alright, I got bored so here’s the list of wild Pokémon in Kumo Village/Mount Piku.

Mount Piku- Aron line, Shieldon line, Rhyhorn line, Onix line (rare), Larvitar line (rare), Snorunt line, Snover line.
Kumo Village Lake/Waterfall- Magikarp line, Feebas line, Finneon line, Chinchou line, Corsola, Poliwag line, Ducklett line, Volbeat, Illumise, Dratini line (rare)
Kumo Village fields/domestic- Tauros, Lillipup line, Rockruff line, Mudbray line, Honedge line (rare)