1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking comments on my signatures

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Celadon, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celadon

Celadon Guest

Yes. I recently learned how to make signatures on GIMP (through LoN's tutorial, of course). I have made three signatures till now, and I want to share them with you all.

-REMOVED-

_________________________________________________________________​

Nothing much else to say. Comments and Critiques are welcome.

Thank you!

EDIT: For the last one, please don't say it is too dark It is like that because I wanted it to be dark.

2. (I'm assuming you want me to comment here :p)

Nice stuff you have here, for definite. You've easily surpassed me if you compare it to my first three, lol.

Um. Specific comments now.

First one. I like the colour you've done there. The red at the bottom with the blue at the top works well. One thing I would try to avoid (more personal preference) is having your focal point in the middle. Sometimes it works, and here I think it has worked as well, but in general I think it doesn't look so good (excluding here).

Second one, again. Colour works well. The lighting is well done. Sometimes I think its a good idea to copy the sprite layer and bring it up to the top, erasing some bits. This'll keep your sprite looking like your sprite, whilst in this case I think he's a bit over-greened. The rest is great, though.

Third one, great. I love the colours, they work really well. The only comment I have really would be to shrink its height (more my opinion), possibly add some text and stick it in your sig :p Be careful with text, its the hardest part of the signature to get right. Text also isn't necessary in a signature, and I think if you just shrunk the height on that one then it'd be perfect.

Well. You've got your colours done well in your first three, thats for sure :D

3. Celadon

Celadon Guest

Obviously. ;)

Well, I positioned him in the middle because he was facing the front. Also, he looked a bit odd when I shifted him toward the side.

That colour comment is saying something, seeing that I just smudged his cloak. : D

As in erasing the feet and all, that you did on your Deoxys one? I must concede I remembered that after I had flattened the whole image.

Thanks for the compliments =D. As for the text, I was thinking about it, but I just could not figure out what to write. And I do not have very good fonts, either.

Thanks for all the compliments, LoN!

EDIT: How do you shrink height? I know we can scale images. Is that what you are talking about?

4. Catching your edit first.

Go to Image -> Canvas Size. Unclick the link thing, then just lower the height. You can move the image around as well in the little box. Should be obvious, if not I can get some screenshots.

[quote author=Celadon link=topic=6329.msg107460#msg107460 date=1245149706]
    As for the text, I was thinking about it, but I just could not figure out what to write. And I do not have very good fonts, either.
    [/quote]Good fonts aren't actually that necessary. Most ones use fonts already on your PC, like Impact or Serif or something.

Take a look at this example one (not made by me, but allowed for use as examples to see how it was made, to clear that up).

[​IMG]

Bloomin' simple font, yet it works a treat.

Edit: One I made this time, another simple font that you can find on your pc (Impact).

[​IMG]

5. Celadon

Celadon Guest

~REMOVED~
    How is this?​

Editted the first post, too, with the new signature.

6. I like it :) Not much else to say really, there are ways to improve text but I won't totally over complicate things now, considering I don't know how to either :p

7. Celadon

Celadon Guest

Thank you LoN!

Comments obtained, pictures removed, thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.