• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seeking comments on my signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celadon

Yes. I recently learned how to make signatures on GIMP (through LoN's tutorial, of course). I have made three signatures till now, and I want to share them with you all.

-REMOVED-

_________________________________________________________________​

Nothing much else to say. Comments and Critiques are welcome.

Thank you!

EDIT: For the last one, please don't say it is too dark It is like that because I wanted it to be dark.

(I'm assuming you want me to comment here :p)

Nice stuff you have here, for definite. You've easily surpassed me if you compare it to my first three, lol.

Um. Specific comments now.

First one. I like the colour you've done there. The red at the bottom with the blue at the top works well. One thing I would try to avoid (more personal preference) is having your focal point in the middle. Sometimes it works, and here I think it has worked as well, but in general I think it doesn't look so good (excluding here).

Second one, again. Colour works well. The lighting is well done. Sometimes I think its a good idea to copy the sprite layer and bring it up to the top, erasing some bits. This'll keep your sprite looking like your sprite, whilst in this case I think he's a bit over-greened. The rest is great, though.

Third one, great. I love the colours, they work really well. The only comment I have really would be to shrink its height (more my opinion), possibly add some text and stick it in your sig :p Be careful with text, its the hardest part of the signature to get right. Text also isn't necessary in a signature, and I think if you just shrunk the height on that one then it'd be perfect.

Well. You've got your colours done well in your first three, thats for sure :D

C

Celadon

(I'm assuming you want me to comment here :p)

Obviously. ;)

First one. I like the colour you've done there. The red at the bottom with the blue at the top works well. One thing I would try to avoid (more personal preference) is having your focal point in the middle. Sometimes it works, and here I think it has worked as well, but in general I think it doesn't look so good (excluding here).

Well, I positioned him in the middle because he was facing the front. Also, he looked a bit odd when I shifted him toward the side.

That colour comment is saying something, seeing that I just smudged his cloak. : D

Second one, again. Colour works well. The lighting is well done. Sometimes I think its a good idea to copy the sprite layer and bring it up to the top, erasing some bits. This'll keep your sprite looking like your sprite, whilst in this case I think he's a bit over-greened. The rest is great, though.

As in erasing the feet and all, that you did on your Deoxys one? I must concede I remembered that after I had flattened the whole image.

Third one, great. I love the colours, they work really well. The only comment I have really would be to shrink its height (more my opinion), possibly add some text and stick it in your sig :p Be careful with text, its the hardest part of the signature to get right. Text also isn't necessary in a signature, and I think if you just shrunk the height on that one then it'd be perfect.

Thanks for the compliments =D. As for the text, I was thinking about it, but I just could not figure out what to write. And I do not have very good fonts, either.

Well. You've got your colours done well in your first three, thats for sure :D

Thanks for all the compliments, LoN!

EDIT: How do you shrink height? I know we can scale images. Is that what you are talking about?

EDIT: How do you shrink height? I know we can scale images. Is that what you are talking about?
Catching your edit first.

Go to Image -> Canvas Size. Unclick the link thing, then just lower the height. You can move the image around as well in the little box. Should be obvious, if not I can get some screenshots.

[quote author=Celadon link=topic=6329.msg107460#msg107460 date=1245149706]
As for the text, I was thinking about it, but I just could not figure out what to write. And I do not have very good fonts, either.
[/quote]Good fonts aren't actually that necessary. Most ones use fonts already on your PC, like Impact or Serif or something.

Take a look at this example one (not made by me, but allowed for use as examples to see how it was made, to clear that up).

Rosalina-WatcherOfTheStars.png

Bloomin' simple font, yet it works a treat.

Edit: One I made this time, another simple font that you can find on your pc (Impact).

bahamutcrisiscoresig.png

C

Celadon

~REMOVED~
How is this?​

Editted the first post, too, with the new signature.

I like it :) Not much else to say really, there are ways to improve text but I won't totally over complicate things now, considering I don't know how to either :p

C

Celadon

I like it :) Not much else to say really, there are ways to improve text but I won't totally over complicate things now, considering I don't know how to either :p

Thank you LoN!

Comments obtained, pictures removed, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.