• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Seeing (Fire)Red

28kuih.jpg

That's right! An original comic by everyone's favorite cartoonist, Trop! This comic will feature my travels through FireRed's Kanto region. I'd like to point out that this is not a Nuzlocke challenge.
PLEASE NOTE:
This particular thread will feature this comic and discussion of this comic only. Any other of my artwork or discussion of any other of my artwork belongs in my other art thread, "I Draw teh Art Stuff".

With that out of the way here's the first installment of Seeing (Fire)Red!
3535umf.png

Alright, this is up at last!~

I really like the idea of this, and I hope it'll be lots of fun. BTW, are you doing a normal round or Nuzlocke?

Good luck, Tropey~

(Also, silent Red ftw xD)

Trop003 said:
I'd like to point out that this is not a Nuzlocke challenge.
Case in point.

It is disappointing that you did not take our advice, the tears and the screaming would have added so much drama. Though I do hope to see some similar comedy in this! Thanks for coming back and posting this, and don't leave us again! D:

All right! I've been waiting for this :> I agree with Brendan though, 'tis a shame... But oh well. Let's see what you have in store for us :3

*cracks up* Now this is funny. I like the style, with its crisp lines and simple shading. However, I must advise you to break out of the 'common' jokes like the gender thing if you want to stay in people's heads.

I loved your art when I was Vira and I still love it like I did then.

I can't wait to see the rest of this comic! ♥ I can't think of much else to say.

Oh, you've gotten better. :>

Oho, this looks quite interesting. I look forward to seein what hilarious adventures you'll be taking us on, Trop. Your character design's really quite adorable btw; I especially love that little Nidoran there ♥

o7u6xk.png

Happy Friday! I think that I'll make it my update day.
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I know many of you are dissapointed that this isn't a Nuzlocke challenge, but I have a couple reasons why I didn't think a Nuzlocke run-through would be enjoyable. The first is that, in my experience, most Nuzlocke comics have a fairly serious tone to them. Anyone who's read my comics knows that I like to keep things upbeat, and the deaths of my comrades isn't very happy at all. My second reason will be revealed at a later date.

Game status: Pokemon Tower (before Rival Battle)
Comic status: Brock's Gym

Game status signifies how far I am in the game while Comic status indicates how far in the game I've sketched, inked, and colored into a comic strip.

Haha, the NES was tempting for everyone I'm sure.

I love how you draw people! It's somewhat similar to how I draw them but with different hair and they actually have clothes instead of thin-lines-for-limbs.

Keep up the good work. :>

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeehhheheheheheheeee ♥

The NES is so fun :'D

I dooooo like your style. :> It's really cute and yet it's really ... awesome. |D I think I want to steal that little Nidoran in the first panel/comic ... nyeehee. :> The comics themselves are very giggle-worthy, too~! I'll be keepin' my eye on this 'un >;0

(also your avatar is like pure win and I love you and aaaaaaaaahhhhh Scott Pilgrim ♥)

These are like the "super effective" comics (you should go see those if you haven't) it's really good so far! (I wish god didn't invent jealously) Funny too! Keep it up and by the way I am so stalking this thread now!

My computer is back and so is Seeing (Fire)Red! You may have had to wait this long for an update, but that just means that you'll be getting more frequent updates to make up for lost time! Expect another comic Tuesday!

2n8n3wx.png

Game status: Training to beat Blue at the Pokemon Tower
Comic status: Viridian Forest Part 3
Current team: Jill the VOLTORB, IVYSAUR, Goku the BEEDRILL, Pokey the PIDGEOTTO, Tao the MEOWTH, MANKEY, Samus the PARASECT

DOUBLE UPDATE

oko2zn.png

2lvxso6.png

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Ah, it's good to see you back and drawing. I was a big fan of yours when you first joined up a while back and I still love your art style. It's just so fun and cute and not to mention hilarious. Keep up the splendid work and I can't wait to see where you go from here in your comic. ^^

Goku the Weedle is absolutely adorable and is so cool. The first comic is the funniest in my opinion. Especially the main character's expression in panel 2 xD

Go, Goku! Kick that Charmander's tail!

I certainly like how in your universe, Arceus is a god figure. That keeps with the mythology created by the game.

This is unacceptable. You need 5 more weedle, then evolve them so that you can cover your rival IN BEEEEEEEESSS!

but in all seriousness, great comic. Keep it up!

XD! These comics are hailourous (can't believe I didn't discover this until now...)! I love how you make fun of some of the game's weirder game mechanics, such as delivering a parcel for the Pokemart shopkeeper so he doen't have to do it himself, or that, when you choose a starter, you have to pick first so your rival gets the advantage over you! I look forward to seeing some more of your comics.

These are awesome I will definitely be stalking this thread from now on! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your input towards the comic, it always puts a smile on my face when I see a comment about the comic.

I'd like to take this time to announce that Seeing (Fire)Red will be making some aesthetic changes during the next few comics in an attempt to create a more fluid and more enjoyable reading experience. Expect changes towards layout and font as comics are uploaded.

As always, I'm very open to any constructive critisism involving the comic itself. Comments towards art style, panel/word bubble layout, or punchlines (or lack thereof) are just a few examples that could potentially make Seeing (Fire)Red THE GREATEST WEBCOMIC IN THE WORLD!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
*ahem*