• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Secret Key coming to North America

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Secret_key_sprite.png
Canada got news of the Key first, but now it has been revealed that the entire of North America can get hold of this event item as well, as it has now been released via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection as well as at Toys 'R' Us stores across the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. The Wi-Fi distribution is being held from April 20th until May 12th, and the Toys 'R' Us stores are holding events from April 19th to April 26th. This is a Platinum-only event, so players of Diamond/Pearl will not be able to acquire the Secret Key unless they have a copy of Pokemon Platinum.

Unlike other events, the Wonder Card that is received from this event can be sent over to other players, allowing them to get the Secret Key even if they are unable to attend an event or get the Secret Key via Wi-Fi.

More information regarding Rotom and the Secret Key can be found on Pokemon's official Platinum website at: http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/rotom/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet deal. The way things are going in my life at the moment I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to make it out to Toys R Us or not, so knowing it'll be available over the WFC around the same time is a nice back-up.