• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

School Clubs. . . Where do you fit In?

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Clubs. Most schools have them. Do you participate in them?

Personally, I belong to the Chess Club (One of my favorite games) and Tech Club (Nerdery yay!)

So there are my clubs. Now your turn!

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I don't go to any of my school's official clubs (society blegh), but me and my friends meet up at the public library every Tuesday under the guise of "Anime Club", though it's mostly just an excuse to hang out, cause we rarely actually talk about anime. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Back in high school the only clubs I actually joined were a computer contesting one and I guess orchestra (well, it's a class but so much of it us like a club I count it). I was never too into clubs since most of my closest friends didn't join any.

In any case, orchestra was pretty much my second home/family throughout my junior and senior years of high school. I was never an officer but I was usually allowed to stick around meetings and stuff so I guess nobody minded me. Kinda helps that the officers at the time were some of my good buddies, though~

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Might as well mention I was also in band from 6th grade up till Freshman year as a percussionist, though I quit this year because of so many reasons. But I still loved the classmates in band, made a lot of friends there.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been out of school for years. D:

Looking back though, when I was younger (prior to grade 9) I took part in various track n' field and soccer clubs. I also attempted to run an Anime club for a year with one of my best friends (during grade 9, I believe) but it didn't catch on. We only managed to attract 4-5 members beyond ourselves. The plus was that two of the members went on to become good friends of mine. The negative was that it wasn't enough to sustain a club/teacher adviser. :p

I don't recall doing a whole lot throughout grades 10 and 11 but I joined both the yearbook committee and student police in grade 12. Student police was fun~

During university I mostly kept to myself aside from first year, when I gave the campus Anime club a go. It didn't take me long to discover how cliquey the club was: it was run by a small group of friends who weren't overly attentive or welcoming to outsiders. I ended up dropping it soon afterwards. xp

Last edited:
I've always found clubs to be pretty boring but after missing out on various scholarships, this year I'm the vice-president of the department grad students' association. We organize little events and snacks for everyone to come to.

Since music classes count, I'm in Orchestra Club and Writing Club and like one of the above said, Orcheestra is my second family, filled with relatives that dislike you for no reason to sisters/ brothers that fit with you like two peas in a pod. Writing Club is where you present any type of whitings, and we get mostly sad ones that break my heart... or enrage me to the point I start counting off many tortures.

I used to participate in a lot more clubs in high school than in college. I was a commuter for three out of my three and a half years in undergrad, and thus didn't have time for clubs if I wanted to be home at a reasonable time to do schoolwork. The last semester I was on campus, but doing enough research there was no time for clubs, except to occasionally stop by and drop in the Gaming Club's casual Magic. That's about it. :p

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
Math team, anime club (♥), cross country. If there was a chess team or computer club at my school, then that too. I guess honor/regular orchestra too in 4th and 5th grade (they didn't do it this year for some reason).

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Mine were basketball, art and music related clubs.
I really miss participating in them from time to time.

Clubs were so different compared to a regular, every day class for some odd reason.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Well, I was in Drama club for two years. (Second I got the lead, YAY!) Then, I was headed to 6th grade and they told me, "Next year." Heh. Now, I am in chess club.

Clubs I want to join, Creative writing and yearbook.

Here is the list of my clubs~
1. Drama club
2. Anime club
3. Art club
4. Varsity chorus (don't ask)
5. Fandom club (friends and I made it)

I'm in the nightclub lol jk jk

I am in the drama, glee, and leaders club (sissy, preppy kids club) I love the clubs I am in except for the last one haha... The people in it suuuuckkkk lol

In high school I wasn't really in any clubs. I worked for the school newspaper, the National Honor Society - which met only a few times a year - and I did some sports but that was really it. In college, it was kind of the same thing. I worked for the newspaper, but we also had a journalism club. With college I purposely stayed out of clubs because there was a fine line of conflict of interest.