• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Cameruptite, Banettite Now Available for Sun and Moon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Mega Stones June.png
A new download code for use with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been revealed and gives trainers the chance to get their hands on five more Mega Stones. These Mega Stones are as follows: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Cameruptite and Banettite. These Mega Stones are for use with Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Camerupt and Banette.

The Mega Stones for the three Hoenn starters were previously given away to participants in the 2017 International Challenge: April, but this is the first time you'll be able to get Cameruptite and Banettite in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

The code you'll need to download the Mega Stones is MATSUBUSA. It's not currently known when the code will stop working, so get them while you can!

Last edited by a moderator:
A new download code for use with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been revealed and gives trainers the chance to get their hands on four more Mega Stones. These Mega Stones are as follows: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Cameruptite and Banettite. These Mega Stones are for use with Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Camerupt and Banette.

The Mega Stones for the three Hoenn starters were previously given away to participants in the 2017 International Challenge: April, but this is the first time you'll be able to get Cameruptite and Banettite in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

The code you'll need to download the Mega Stones is MATSUBUSA. It's not currently known when the code will stop working, so get them while you can!
My 2ds broke so I can't get them

I'm glad about the hoenn starters mega stones later i would wait when they release the tiny tourney mega stones for all players that competed on that tourney, or for the tyranitarite, abomasite, manectricite code for everyone :D

This is a cool code I have Sceptile holding the megastone in my pc I will also tell my cousin this code
so he can get the mega stones for when ultra sun and ultra moon come out we have really strong pokemon Also what is the code for mega stones for Latios and Latias

@TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli they probably have not realeased mega stone codes for Latios And Latias But Rayquaza can mega evolve on its own so that's a thing and this is why Rayquaza can mega evolve on its own. Rayquaza ate its mega stone. IDK why Rayquaza Ate its mega stone.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
There's no significant proof why Rayquaza can Mega Evolve on his own, and we need Game Freak to explain this to us.
Because Rule of Cool.

Rayquaza needed some way to be more impressive/hyped than the Mega Evolutions that came before it, so it had plot significance and kept its status as an overpowered, Mythical Pokémon. It's basically so the Delta Episode was workable and made some semblance of sense.

Rule of Cool is also the reason Kyogre and Groudon have "Primal Evolutions" rather than Mega Evolutions, despite the two mechanics being almost entirely identical.

However, this news article isn't the place for this sort of discussion – let's move it into a thread in the Pokémon Games Discussion board.

Cheribe

Previously +BlueSalty
Because Rule of Cool.

Rayquaza needed some way to be more impressive/hyped than the Mega Evolutions that came before it, so it had plot significance and kept its status as an overpowered, Mythical Pokémon. It's basically so the Delta Episode was workable and made some semblance of sense.

Rule of Cool is also the reason Kyogre and Groudon have "Primal Evolutions" rather than Mega Evolutions, despite the two mechanics being almost entirely identical.

However, this news article isn't the place for this sort of discussion – let's move it into a thread in the Pokémon Games Discussion board.
Great Reasoning! (In my opinion at least)

A new download code for use with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon has been revealed and gives trainers the chance to get their hands on five more Mega Stones. These Mega Stones are as follows: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Cameruptite and Banettite. These Mega Stones are for use with Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Camerupt and Banette.

YES AWESOME!