• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join SAO: The Real Game (RP)

Inside Philadelphia, Hitoshi ran out of the doors of his apartment complex. He was making his way over to the nearest Subway to grab a sandwich. He was trying to prepare himself for the journey ahead of him. He knew that he was going to be in the game for a long time, so he wanted to get a lot to eat for lunch. After he ordered the sandwich, he made his way out back to the apartment. Along the streets, he took in the view of the many people that were going about their day. He looked into the sky and noticed that even there it was busy with towers and planes. He knew that in this new world, in Aincrad, that it would be calmer, but just as exciting.

He walked into his apartment and looked around. Nobody seemed to be home yet. He looked at the clock on the wall and it read 12:36 pm. "I got at least a couple more minuets to eat and get ready." He sat down at a table and ate his lunch. A few minuets passed before he finished his sandwich. The clock now reads 12:43. He walked into his room here his computer was waiting for him. He turned it on and put in the game. It had to download its contents to the Nerve Gear. He sat back in the chair waiting for the game to download. "It's almost here, I hope it's worth the wait."

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Garfield sent to the store, where he bought SAO, he went back home, ate and put the game, waiting for it to download. He never liked waiting, so he sat down on his bed. "So, I guess this will be it huh?" He tought as he went to eat, cooking some noodles and eating. He hoped for it to be worth his money and time. "I love myself a good Vr Rpg game." He said outloud, on accident.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
In Tokyo, Ignis Lupus was sitting playing solitaire on his computer, he was bored, there was still a while until he could play Sword Art Online, but he knew that as soon as that time came he would be on, not worrying about whether he needed to download the game, he was a beta tester it was already downloaded, he glanced at the time on his computer, it was 12:44 he sighed and lent back in his chair, he turned off his computer and decided to go lay down, he slumped onto his bed and slept, waiting to be awoken by his alarm.

Aoi had grown up in the town of Kamakura, Japan from a fortunate family who had the money and time to help him become fluent in both English and Japanese. He had just been hanging around the house waiting for the launch of Sword Art Online and watching YouTube videos about it pretty much since he got home on Friday from school. It would be launching in 1 hour, so he had to get prepared.

He knew that certain things would be inaccessible to him when he was in the world of Aincrad, so he wanted to have his favorite food before he did it. Aoi went into the kitchen. His parents were off on a trip for the whole weekend, so he could eat whatever he wanted. He would normally look into the fridge first, but since his parents were gone, he looked into the freezer and pulled out a big thing of Neapolitan ice cream.

Aoi brought the ice cream into his room with a spoon and took large scoops while he waited for the nervegear program to download. He already had the game, but he couldn’t open it for another few minutes. He was so full of nerves that he couldn’t even speak.

“PROGRAM DOWNLOADED!” An electronic voice said, echoing through the silent room. Aoi looked over at the clock on his wall. It was 12:51 PM, and his ice cream had already run out completely. With nothing else left to do/eat, he just laid down on his bed and began taking deep breaths to calm down his excitement.

Dead account

"Software Downloaded " a voice said , he was exited, he was getting to play a waited game! Finally, he layed on his bed, put on the nerve gear "Link Start!" He said as he was getting transported into the world of Aincrad. In the starting town of course, he chose his weapon in a shop he found . A dagger, he was exited, he took it out, then went on a field close to town, to try it out.

Aoi’s deep breathing was interrupted by the noise of a church bell ringing to signal that is was 1:00 PM. He felt calmer, and whispered to himself, “Guess if I wait any longer I’ll get behind everyone else in level. Here goes nothing,” as he attached the nervegear to his head. Then, he laid down onto his bed and decisively shouted so that everyone in the house could’ve heard (if anyone else had been home), “LINK START!!!”

And with that, Aoi was transported into the town of beginnings in the world of Aincrad. The first thing he did was look into his inventory. Seeing as he had a good amount of Col, he went to one of the nearby weapons merchants — the one with the least visitors, so as not to wait in line in the rush of players to join the game — and said, “What basic swords do you have?”

The NPC replied, “I sell only the plain rapier and the small sword. Same price as each other, but the rapier is faster and lighter with less damage.”

Aoi figured he wanted to get something that would help him blend in with the crowd, and he saw by looking around him that the small sword was by far the most common choice. It also seemed to be easier to use. But, for once in his life, Aoi felt something pulling him towards the rapier, something telling him to stand out from the crowd. So, Aoi replied, “I’ll take the rapier!”

The NPC responded by saying, “Take this, too!” and handed him a guidebook. He didn’t think he needed it and went out into the fields to train against some boars, as he saw many other players doing it. He caught on to how to fight quickly and killed about 5 or 6 before his health began to get too low and he knew he needed to take a break and heal. So, Aoi sat under a tree, going through his loot, money, skills, and level.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ignis woke at the sound of his alarm, lazily walked to his nervegear, placed it on his head and said "Link Start" and he was transported to Aincrad, as he glanced around he breathed in and sighed, it was good to be back, he went to the nearest shop, purchasing the Warhammer he had gotten use to using in the beta tests. He decided to go train as he had, however, been reset level wise. He strolled to find the boars.

Finding where almost everyone was training he pulled out his warhammer and went to work leveling up, he swung his hammer taking out two in one swing, he then lifted another from the ground launched it into the air, crushed another skull and then waited for the thump of the one behind him, well he felt he had levelled decently so he began to walk towards a tree not noticing the other guy he lent against it checking through his inventory.

Last edited:
Aoi saw another player approaching the tree and decided to stay quiet, thinking he might just pass by the tree. He continued looking through his inventory, but could just barely make out through the pale holographic images that the other player had a warhammer. He knew warhammers were far more difficult weapons to use/master, and couldn’t help but wonder if the player was a beta tester.

He decided it didn’t matter whether the player was a beta tester or not, and made a decision. With just a little more money, he would be able to buy a good set of full light leather armor that wouldn’t restrict his movements and would offer a little bit of extra defense. So, he got up and, being the noob that he was, ran into the forest area nearby, an area too high level for him.

The first enemy he saw was a wolf and it attacked him first, which surprised him, because up until that point he had only fought boars. He managed to avoid its pounce on him and slashed at it. It fell back when hit and howled into the air. While it was howling, Aoi prepared a sword skill and flung himself at the wolf, killing it quickly.

Out of the shadows came several more wolves, and they seemed to have him surrounded. Aoi shouted in frustration, “Dang it! That wolf must have called them here before it died!”
Aoi avoided one wolf and blocked a second, but the third wolf pushed him over. His health was getting low, and he began to give up...

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Spotting a player running into the forest, "oh you idiot" unsure of why, he ran in after him. He found the guy surrounded by wolves and charged pulling out his warhammer and swinging it, it collided with the head of one of wolves. He slammed it down on top of another, before wrapping his arms around the third, "you, the fool, quick kill it" he called to the other player.

Aoi, no longer having the full weight of a wolf on his chest, managed to pull himself up, and chose not to retort until after the wolf nearest to him had been killed. He swung at the wolf, slashing it quickly, and then finishing with the same rapier sword skill that he had been using.

Once that was done, he turned to his companion and replied, “I don’t appreciate being called fool,” then he paused for a moment (wondering whether he should divulge his real name to an online stranger) before continuing, saying, “you can call me Aoi.”

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ignis turned to the player, "any player who runs to fight ridiculously higher level creatures than themselves, is allowed to be called a fool, but fine I will call you Aoi, as for me, my name is Ignis. You should find a group or clan and join them, you'll be safer" he said before turning to walk out of the forest, he really need to get a dagger for when he was in close range.

Dead account

Gar noticed two people go to the forest, "eh, they will be fine" he tought. After leveling up, he wanted to log off, only to notice the button was gone . "Hey!why is the log off menu not available?" He said outloud on accident, after so, he decided to kill some more boars, until the 'glitch ' was gone.

“I was doing just fine until the wolf called friends to help it out. I had no idea they could do that!” Replied Aoi, “Anyway, do you know any guilds I could join? And are you a beta tester? You seem to know what you are doing.”

Aoi walked out of the forest at a slow pace so that Ignis could keep up. He had a good amount of gold after that, and he hoped he could get some nicer gear. It had occurred to him that he should probably learn what enemies were where and what attacks he could use, so he made up his mind to read the entire guide that was given to him and memorize it the next time he got on. For now, he was just planning on spending his col and moving to a safe zone where he could log out.

Kazumi stood alone in a hidden clearing within the woods, repeatedly scabbarding and unscabbarding his spear across his back
“Ninety Eight, Ninety Nine, One Hundred” murmured the teen in time with his actions *Bling* A small pop-up appeared in front of Kazumi ‘Achievement - Battle ready: draw your weapon 100 times
Reward: 1000Xp, 200col and Dexerity +1’
“There’s that dealt with, now to start mob farming” He laughed to himself as he jogged off into the woods hoping to find a wolf or two to begin farming

—— 5 minutes later ——

Kazumi stood surrounded by a small pack of wolves, an alpha directly ahead of him with two normal wolves either side,
‘Kill the minions, and injure the alpha so he calls for help then rinse and repeated’ thought the teen recalling his time in the beta.
Just as expected once Kazumi had killed the two minion wolves, all he had to do was wait for the alpha to call two more minions and start the process again.
However the attack patterns of the alpha wolf had been altered from the beta such that it would launch an unblock-able attack before calling for help, forcing him to jump out of the way of attacks. A skill somewhat difficult given he was still sporting early game stats, his dexterity skill much to low for his liking.
*bing* Lv up *bing*
With that Kazumi activated a weapon skill and finally ended the injured alpha wolf before opening his inventory to check the loot drops he had accumulated.
“Not a bad loot haul not great either, but as least I leveled up” murmured Kazumi before wandering back toward the town of beginnings his spear in hand, ready to kill any mobs which happened to cross his path