• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open SAO RP discution thread

Yes it is, in fact I'm writing right now that Richard is on an epic quest to gain the fragments of five souls trapped by the ghost king, unable to escape the earth and ascend to heaven, and that Richard is freeing them all, but the Ghost Scythe, the one he has not freed, is extremely dangerous, like Miniboss level deadly

Alright so we have done the timeskip, I've set a reletive scene for where the new scene is going to be, note that floor five is all grassy plains and forests with beautiful rivers and magnificent castles atop towering hills

Honestly when making the ghost weapons some things came to mind

<Phantom Hook> as in a fishing hook, maybe Richard could could catch a Rainbow Shooting Narwal (just an example) and ride it to victory during a naval battle against a pirate boss.

<Phantom Arrow> Ty was an archer, dunno if Yirril is the same but if he is, a never-missing arrow would be good for him

<Phantom Mace> a big club for hitting things, (ran out of ideas and I can't really do how can I?) probably a newcomer or @Jagson if he is still in this (are you, seriously?)

<Phantom Blade> probably for Ren

<Phantom Scythe> already claimed by Z anyways

And while I'm at it, (I'm bored) here are some boss ideas

Aforementioned Pirate Captain, we have to hire ships and stuff to go from island to island gathering the resources to intercept a raid he is making on a town and take him down in a duel Ground/Naval where the entire floor is his dungeon

The Chessmaster/The King, shaped like a King from chess, we literally need to beat him in a giant Chess Game, where we are pawns and to take out other troops we need to literally fight for control of a square on a board, basically the entire floor is a chessboard, and each grid thing is a town, and one of us has to coordinate out movements while Chessmaster does the same with his minions

A giant worm thing; I know, it's overused, the big worm which turns into two smaller ones once a segmant is destroyed, but it is quite interesting, especially if fighting it in underground caves where the tunnels IT leaves are our only ways through the world. Imagine it attacking us and one of us accidentally breaking it into two, so now we can split into multiple groups to hunt down smaller and smaller segments

A giant mole: same basic premise as the Worm, but much more dangerous as it has minions and better control of where it is going

The Rat King: a once prosperous land overcome by rats eating everything and causing severe famine, now extremely hungry rats (who never seem to starve to death) inhabit the abandoned towns, lead by a really fat rat with a nigh-infinite amount of rats to do its bidding, which lives in the old capital city, which has also been overrun by rats.

I know none of them really come from anywhere, like King Minos from the Greek Legends, but still

Aforementioned Pirate Captain, we have to hire ships and stuff to go from island to island gathering the resources to intercept a raid he is making on a town and take him down in a duel Ground/Naval where the entire floor is his dungeon

The Chessmaster/The King, shaped like a King from chess, we literally need to beat him in a giant Chess Game, where we are pawns and to take out other troops we need to literally fight for control of a square on a board, basically the entire floor is a chessboard, and each grid thing is a town, and one of us has to coordinate out movements while Chessmaster does the same with his minions

I love these two Ideas, They are great, Don't know which one I like better though

(I guess the Pirate one would be cooler)

And I want to ride a Narwhal which shoots Rainbow Lazers from its horns :)
Nah but it would actually be awesome, a massive confrontation on land and on sea, something not many RPs, even opens world ones can do as you rarely find yourself In a situation where you can make something like that

Oh come on, I mean obviously SAO was meant to be kind of realistic but we need to add some fantastical element to seperate us from the actual SAO Anime, plus it was an example

I'm introducing a new guild in my newest post. But do not feel threatened they do not mean harm they merely want to prevent people from dying...yet they kill...PKers... I'm going to start thinking about this.

If you can find out where I drew inspiration from you discover a secret of theirs only hint I'll give is ancient knights. The knights were more like a group of priests and knights that were around for the crusades

Last edited:
Name: Jack
Sword type: Dual Jiuhhuandao
Appearance: Jack has Messy Black hair and Yellow eyes
Personality: Jack is a Helpful warrior and one of the Strongest normal members of the United swords, He is usually nice and does get pretty angry in battle

This will be more important LATER

hey guys just wanted to say ren will disappear from the RP for a while. I'm just to caught up with stuff at the moment and will post once I have time to read over everything that has happened

During the Boss Fight after King Minos appeared, Luke picked up both his own and the dead Tyler's swords, and a fragment of Tyler's soul fused them together or something. The new Sword created had some unique special property fuelled by Luke's rage and Tyler's soul. Using a distraction caused by the Boars and Bulls, Luke cut the boss' head off.

Heathcliff was visited by Yirril, the afterimage of Tyler made via a virus and they have an argument, before threatening to revel his secret to the group.

Then we timeskipped all the way to floor five, so far we explained that Ren, Richard and Heathcliff are the Co-Leaders, and Richard has been searching far and wide for the keys to the floor five boss dungeon. He only needs to kill one more miniboss to get the last key. Meanwhile, Luke, who was glitched out of the game just after the boss fight, was revealed to have been monitoring the Swords with an advanced league of hackers. Getting them to put his character on level eighty (Most people are explained to be 40-60 at that point), he re enters the game to help Richard, who has found the location of the last miniboss.

Richard, Heathcliff and Luke are visitors by Sam (@DarkEmporer's new OC), a representative from a group of people who try to kill Player Killing clans (Which could be quite interesting considering Luke is a PKer after the Tyler incident). They are in the middle of some conversation about something

You know I was rereading everything and I found in the beginning we all kinda did our own thing and this temporarily died, but of course we stared using this and the plot became rich with detail and planning. It's really hard to do fun things without this because have fun getting everyone to be in just the right place for you to do it. Here we talk about it and make it better through constructive criticism. We may be but four people but we have really great characters and story.

Also is anyone going to post I really need to bring Yirril back into this.

Um Z, one question? Is that the same castle I mentioned in my Post, because you can't enter that.until the Phantom Scythe/Grim Reaper/Whatever is dead

Its a different Miniboss, The Skeleton King is not needed to be killed to advance to the Ghost King, The Skeleton King TRIED to beat the Ghost King but failed, Both Kings are at war with the Skeleton King mostly losing

Not really side hero, he is a main one, but his main purpose so far has been to unlock the dungeons, as shown on floors 2 and 5, before you and Z Deus-Ex-Machina it to death. He can't really fight, is really more support, summoning in the Boars and Bulls to provide distractions in floors 1 and 2 against the bosses, he is quite underleveled. Also I've always been writing Richard with Heathcliff, and am focusing on Heathcliff now mainly