• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sandolyn: Three islands of new Pokémon! RP Thread

As Monferno fell back, "flame wheel!" And monferno fell back into another flame wheel. It spun around, and raced around the Brionne at high speeds. "Now!" Halt called, and monferno turned right to the pokemon and raced at it at top speed. Halt knew that Brionne will need some time to recover after its last attack.

Tide was knocked to the side, he gulped at the sudden attack before slowly getting to his flippers. Robin looked around, not knowing what to do, then she got an idea "Tide, Aqua jet!". Tide narrowed his eyes "Bri?" |Is she and idiot?|, but he went along with it anyways "Bri, Bri!" his body was encased with water as he leaped and spun towards the monferno.

"Wait for it, wait, Now!" Halt said, right before Brionne hit monferno, Monferno hit the ground, and watched Brionne fly over him. "Mach punch." Halt said immediately after his first command, and monferno swung at the pokemon above him.

Robin smiled "Disarming Voice!"

Tide smirk, opening his mouth he let a high pitch sound, the sound waves turned into pink circles with hearts around then directly hitting the fire-type he was battling.

Halt called over, "Get up, and head back." Monferno lept back after the attack. "Quick Attack!" Monferno raced around Brionne looking for an opening, and dashing right for it, ready to turn in case of a return attack.

"Flame wheel, and race through it!" Halt yelled, and Monferno fell into a flame wheel. He raced right through the Disarming Voice, and right into the Brionne. Knocking it back, monferno raced at it again, and again.

Tide whimpered as he laid on the ground "Tide!" Robin called out before grabbing his pokéball "Return".

Robin nodded "A fine pokémon you have there, but how about one of my others!" she grabbed a pokéball from her back pocket and chucked into the air "Volt lets go!".

A red light appeared before A Raichu stood before the Monferno, floating on its tail with his arms cross "Rai Rai!". "Now I'll start things off, Psychic lets go!", Volts paws lifted in the air as he closed his eyes "Rai!" a dark pink beam shot right at the Monferno.

Halt stood, straight faced. But in his mind he thought, 'what the heck is that thing!' He was from Sinnoh, so he doesn't know about Aloan pokemon well. "Return, Monferno." 'Well from what I know, raichu is electric, and this is different. "Lets show them, Glaceon! Use Ice Beam!" And Glaceon jumped into a backflip and blasted an Ice beam at Raichu.

The Raichu smirked as it dodged floating into the air, yawning Volt looked at Robin, and Robin nodded "Psyshock!".

Volt's eyes glowed as sharp stone were picked up and floating in the air "Now!" All the stone went full speed at the glaceon.

"Quick attack to dodge!" And Glaceon raced away at a very fast speed. 'Speed' Halt thought. 'Speed is key!' "Use Ice Beam on the field, and skate, like at home." And with that, Glaceon got to work.

Volt huffed seeing the field of ice "Rai..".

Robin narrowed her eyes "Return!", Volt turned into a red glow before returning into him Pokéball. "Go Pyre!" She called as she threw is pokéball into the air, and the same red light as before glowed as a small Houndour stood on the ice field.

"On the ground use Flamethrower!" Pyre opened his mouth and it glowed red before a stream of flames hit the ground in front of him.

"Don't Stop now, Iron tail to the face!" Halt yelled, as Glaceon skated on the remaining ice and lept over Houndour, slamming an iron tail down at its head. Mid jump, it did a triple front flip above its head, before letting the smashing attack come down.

Pyre yelped as he was thrown aside before noticing his blindfold fell off, he stood up to his paws before barking and using flamethrower at random.

"Oh no, Watch out!" Robin called before ducking from a Flamethrower "Pyre calm down it's ok I'll put it back on!". Pyre didn't care, his icy blue eyes blank from any expression as he shot out more Flamethrowers. Robin grabbed his pokéball before holding it out "Return!" the pokéball opened but nothing happened as Pyre just kept going crazy.

"Quick, Monferno!" Halt threw out the pokemon's pokeball. "Run grab the blindfold, and put it back on Houndour!" Monferno raced through, not afraid to be hit by the flamethrower attack. He lept forward, and picked up the small blindfold. Dropping down to the ground, he slid forward on the remaining ice to the rouge pokemon. He did a handstand flip forward onto its back, and wrapped the blindfold around the pokemon's eyes.

Pyre was about to fire another but calmed down after figuring out that his blindfold was back on "Arf!" The houndour sat down as most was his strength was gone.

Robin chuckled nervously before sighing "Sorry about that, but Pyre hates when others sees his eyes". Pyre barked at her remark confirming.

"Huh. Why is that? Do they look wierd?" Halt walked over to the now calm Houndour. Monferno is now off its back. Halt reached for the blindfold, and asked, "May I?" To the houndour.

Pyre grunted but nodded, the blind pokémon lashed his tail.

Robin sighed "I'm sorry Pyre I should have warned them about it". Pyre barked at Robin telling her she was right, "Ok ok I get it, next time I'll tell the person we battle about your blindfold"

"How about a dark pair of sunglasses. They would hide his eyes, and stay on much easier. I have a friend back at Sinnoh that makes those things." Halt said, standing up, noticing the discomfort in Pyre. He turned to look at Robin. "It would also stop trainers from asking about the blindfold. It would look much more normal than that." Glaceon hopped onto monferno, who made not a single sound during the battle.

Pyre growled, standing up into a fighting stance. "Woah Pyre calm down, I'm sure he didn't mean to get rid of them" Robin said walking up to her beloved pokémon. "You don't understand when I got him he had the blindfold with him, I have no clue where it came from but he won't ever take it off".

Halt raised his arms up, and Monferno, at his side, took a similar fighting stance. Glaceon called out, "Gla, Glaceon!" And lept off in front of Halt. "Hey, it was just an idea. I don't know you like she does, and all I was trying to do is help out." He lowered his arms, and made a down gesture with his hand. After seeing the signal, Monferno went back into a normal pose.

Pyre grunted before Robin sighed "Enough out of you, return" she held up his pokéball which he gladly entered. "Well we should head off to the lab correct?".

"Well, Noibat knows where it is, so I can head there whenever." Halt said, returning his pokemon. "But my question is, where do you have to go?" He then took out a pokeball and let Noibat out. "Hey, welcome Noibat. Remember the way to the lab?" Noibat nodded. "Good, we will be heading there soon."

Robin shrugged as she rubbed her arm "Uhm, nowhere, I have no place to go". Her violet eyes trailed to the ground as she sighed, her red hair flew as a strong gust of wind blew past.

"So come travel with me. You well know thats what you want to do." Halt looked down at Noibat. "Time to take flight, Cross Wings!" And with that, Noibat flew to the pokemon Lab. "Come on!" Halt said, as he ran to the lab.

Robin smiled as she chased after him "Coming!". Her feet smacked the ground as she ran as fast as she could. Before long she caught up with him "Thanks" she whispered before laughing.

"Thanks for what, we haven't even got started?" Halt saw how Robin was trying to keep up, and put on a sly grin. "Hey, Noibat? Can we pick up the pace some?" Noibat, being given permission to go fast, took it and bolted forward. Halt bolted after it, used to keeping up with him.

Robin rolled her eyes before taking off right after Halt. Her lips formed into a smirk as she caught up to them "Haven't run this fast since the trails on Poni Island!".

"Try running away from a charging Mamoswine. That gets your heart racing." Halt grabbed a light post, and swung himself around a corner keeping the same pase. "Nearly there, just another block, maybe two." He called over, as he came across the lab.

Robin chuckled "Seems bad but have you ever had a heard of Mudsdales chasing after you because you ran into one?". The red-head grabbed onto the light post swinging after Halt. "Seems its right here" she said before stopping.

"Why would you run into a Mudsdale. The mamoswine was mad because his cave got snowed out, and was already ticked, so when I showed up, he just charged. But yea, this is the place." Halt walked up and opened the door, and walked inside.

Robin followed before she replied "It was an accident, I didn't mean to I was training with Pyre and ran into one by mistake". Looking around Robins eyes lite up "wow! this place is amazing!".

"Okay prof, go ahead." "Hello there everyone! My name is professor Acacia!" (OOC: Yay for more trees!) "I have these three beautiful starters here, let me introduce them!" "Hold on a minute!" Professor Acacia was interrupted by Azure's Rotom-Dex. "I can do it for you!" He scanned the first starter. "Turniple, the leaf coat Pokemon, a [type]Grass[/type] type. When the leaves on it's leaf coat dry out, it uses the sun to replenish its coat with energy. It slides on the ground to quickly hit opponents with a firm hit." He went to the next one. "Fleow, the fire kitten Pokemon, a [type]Fire[/type]. It is very protective and always alerted to it's surroundings. It uses a sudden attack using its sharp claws." And finally, onto the last one. "Delphin, the sea Pokemon, a [type]Water[/type]. It lives in the ocean, but is also capable of breathing on land, it slides around on a puddle of water and shoot a small and concentrated jet of water at its oppponents." "Thank you Rotom." The professor said and turned to Azure. "Okay, everyone! We can now pick our partner for this region!" He turned to the starters. "And i've made my own choice now. I'll go with... Turniple!" Turniple looked at Azure, being surprised by being picked. It let out a short, happy shout before Azure picked it up. "Turni!" "Alright Turniple, your name will be... Uh..."

Robin smiled as she watched the new pair, grabbing one of her pokéballs she tossed it into the air releasing her partner Tide "Bri, Brionnie!" he cried. Robin chuckled as she put him in her messenger bag. Tide poked his head out grabbing the side of the bag with his flippers.

The mysterious Pokémon peeked towards a window, as he was able to ID the Professor in a matter of seconds after seeing that she did most of the talking after all. After Serah went into the Laboratory with Tyler cradled in her arms, he ran in with them in a silent manner. He hid behind some unpacked boxes near the front door and made his way over towards some desks; where a Porygon could clearly be seen from most angles working on its computer. He went up to the Porygon after eluding Serah's field of view, as he whispered, "I'm here, now make it quick. Just insert that code into my system after you connect your leg thingy into my back... I guess?"

"Well sure, I hope you brought the goodies for it," The Porygon replied while working on the Pokémon's interior back; which seemed to house memory chips deeply protected by unknown access restrictors.

"Here they are, they're fresh since my storage pouch can regulate things like my body does. Also, that was pretty fast, so thank you," The humanoid Pokémon quietly responded after handing the requested articles from his coolant pouch.

The Porygon smiled after placing the items on his desk, as the seemingly robotic Pokémon thought, "Well, I should probably test this new thing before I just stroll out yeah?"

He scanned the leafy Pokémon after it was picked up by a boy, as the system memory read in his mind, "Scanning... Scanning is now complete. This Pokémon has been registered in your browser for future use. Turniple is the leaf coat Pokémon that relies on the sun to replenish its energy while also utilizing slides to hit opponents hard at unexpected angles."

He twinkled a wink after obtaining the Turniple's data, as he walked towards the Laboratory's exit. As he was strolling towards the doors, he tripped on one of the stray wires while attempting to move along with silent steps; much to his emerging frustration. However, his frustration turned into panic when a loud thud emerged, as he swiftly ran towards the boxes and hid behind them in a way as if he was providing suppressing fire. His left arm transformed into a five barrel cannon after some speedy work, as he prepared for the worst if one were to pick up the clear thump from a half minute earlier.

"Dandelion! That sun looks like one!" Azure said as he saw a Brionne in a bag. "Oh cool! Is that a Brionne? Isn't that the evolution of Popplio? Nice! Well, Turniple, let's show you to my mom." He started walking home, while looking at his new Pokemon, wondering what i can do. "Rotom? Can you scan Dandelion's moves?" "Sure thing! Scanning... Scanning complete! Turniple currently knows the moves Tackle, Leer and Absorb." Rotom replied. "Okay, that's a nice moveset." Azure said while walking into his house. "Mom! I'm home!" His mom came out of the kitchen. "Oh hey sweetie, is everything okay? Ohhh! What a cute little Pokemon! You got it from the Professor?' "Yep! I'm going to train real hard!" He sat down on the sofa, and played a little with his new Pokemon.

"Hey, professor? Did the pokemon come in yet?" Halt asked excited. He has been waiting for a while now to meet his new friend. "Yes, Rowan sent it over today." He said, handing him a strange pokeball. It looked like a chunk of rock with some sorta energy flowing through it. Halt smiled, and took the ball, not throwing it out. "I remember what he told me. I have the pokedex." He pulled out a pokedex like no other. It is used to record information on new pokemon, and Halt was put in charge to fill out the pokemon in the pokeball.

(OMG I always do this! I totally forgot about the site for a few days FORGIVE ME!)

Robin tilted her head before sighing. Her red hair covered her face as she sat down and played with her fingers. Her violet eyes starring at the ground as the air around her before heavy.

"Whats up with you? Is something bothering you?" Halt asked, as he attached the pokeball onto his belt. He looked at her with confusion. He saw that she looked strange. "Are you alright?"

Robins eyes snapped up as she heard Halt speak. "F-fine! I'm fine!" she squeaked before standing up. She nervously smiled before sighing "No. no I'm not..".