• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sami's Paintchat Doodles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darnit beat to it by Linkachu :p Here are some team names then:

Team Tiki (First thing that came to mind when thinking fire/grass)
Team Overblaze (combining the 2 natural abilities of the main chars)
Team Hotstreak (just cuz)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Epic. Win. I LOVE the expression on Siegfried here. AWESOMEFACE.

You made Glenn look epic. And dare I say it? Cute. XD

I think Linkchu won the first one D:. Oh well. Imma try to think of team names. (Jey's Tiki name will probably win though D:)
Team Strikers (Muh, cool sounding)
Team Dragoon (Well, they both evolve into dragon-lookin' things. And well, Team Dragon doesn't really ring.)
Team Legacy (Because Robert Sterling said it on Twilight Zone and it sounded cool.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Right. I meant to include an actual reply with my previous post, I was just in a bit of a rush and figured I'd get my guesses in before someone else beat me to it XD

ANYways... So much awesome here, Sami. Highlights: I'm a Vaporeon fan (my favourite Eevee evolution), so that elemental spirit take on it is just pure love. And yet, I think I like the Leafeon design more. It just looks so nifty and proud, with the fur, and the vines, and the leafies (love all the detail you put into the ears and tail)... lots of

Team Blaze? (NO, to cliché >>)
Team Leafblaze. XP

If I go on, I'm just going to be spewing random names. XD

My team was called Team Shocktail because of:
Charmander and,
Pikachu, which later became Raichu.

Also:
Linkachu Forgot to say who was wearing what, so I suppose I get a chance?

Chris is wearing Silver's outfit, the G/S/C Rival and,
Liz is wearing Gary Oak's outfit, the very first one. XP

Well I lost. I honestly edited in my team name, but I lost anyway XD Doesn't matter.

WHEEEE~ Happy New Year! Well, I'm in my pajamas after work, eating crackers and cheese and chugging Sparkling Cidar straight from the bottle. Totally belched just now, too. So barbaric. ANYWHO~

LINKACHU, RAYN_SHYU....................AND SHADO!

And Shado?

Linkachu got the answers first, yes, but Shado actually took note of which twin was which! A picky detail that shall be rewarded. As for Rayn, well Team Legacy sounds badass. Next time Robert Sterling's face is on the tube, kiss him, Rayn. xD For he speaks in the tongue of awesome.

So if you three femme fatale's would be so kind to send me PM's with your request, I'll be happy to doodle them up ASAP!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Just so this post isn't empty, I'll throw a few pictures up!

FemmeFatale1.png

Speaking of femme fatale's ~ Here is Lillian and Sienna posing. :3 I rather like how Lillian's jeans came out. xD; Sienna's ponytail didn't fit all the way in, hahah! All in all, I'm fond of this one. :V Despite the PChat's shoddy quality. x3

FerretTwins1.png

Fartin' around with character design. xD Tatl and Tael (lol, Majora's Mask), the twin ferrets. Which is which, I have no clue. Cute designs, but I'm not sure if ferrets are my kind of animal, as adorable as they came out. I may or may not keep them. :V

SiennaDiesal1Xmas.png

This was a lazy X-Mas present to someone who rocks out on the PChat, PanicTopaz. She has a SonAmy fanchild, Diesal, who is actually nice as far as fanchildren go. :B Sienna is 16, Sonic is 15. Diesal was born when Sonic was 20. Diesal is 15. So this is Sienna at....36 years old. :0 The outfit was totally pulled outta' nowhere. A few more scars, and an extra flick and BAM'F. She's older. xD But I see Sienna getting nicer as she gets older, especially to little kids.​

XD

Agreed with that. Last time I saw Sienna she had a completely different personality. I think it was in your last art thread, if memory serves me correct.

Loving Tatl and Tael, the Twin ferrets. At first I thought they were Raccoons XD

Thanks for the request ^^

Magnificent Sami. Love how the Lillian and Sienna pose came out. It's awesome.

Of course I could say more, but I would be repeating what I've said a million times already.

...I literally squealed when you said I won. Thanks for the request!
I love Lillian's jeans, they look very real. Sienna just looks awesome too. And Tael & Tatl are adorable. ADORABLE I say. Sienna makes a cool older person. Yus. Now to think of my request.​

Hey hey! Thanks again for the lovely compliments ~ Maybe once I put up these three requests, I'll run more contests with the twins and for names, ect ect. =D They should all be up within the week, hopefully. I make no promises.

ShadoSkullPrize.png

This is Skull, Shado's character and her request prize! He was pretty fun to draw, though having to hide the ears under the mask drove me bonkers. :V Pretty fond of the shading too. Gave his eyes a slight 'glowy' effect that I​

Nice =D

... I'm smart. yep yep. XD
Totally forgot Skull didn't have the Luxray mane. Whole reason for the Aggron Mask =p
Well, no use changing it now. Still looks awesome =D

Loving that Staredown pic XD especially the expressions on Stel and Sem. "I'm so lost..." "what's going on?!" WIN ^^

[size=8pt]....
: D
HEY.
HEY ILU.

Those eeveelutions are great of course, you don't need to hear me say that.
Although Jolteon's super saiyan eyes give me chills :'D I do adore Jolteon as a general rule. So. This is grate

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Skull looks awesome, I love the shading and the glow effect around his eyes. Everything about him is great, especially the pose... it just seems to suit him so well.

Jolteon

Mmm. Skull = winzorz. Glowing eyes are FTW and shading is wonderful. Jolteon looks pretty cool, I like the eye fur. I love Umbreon, he looks like he's having a grand old time. Bedazzled Espeon makes me happy, Espeon is my favorite :D. Looks like it's taking a stretch. And lulz at the stare down. Much lulz.​

Sami, as always these paintings are full of win :D Skull, looks deadly yet adorable at the same time ^^' WHICH IS GOOD. Jolteons expression...is amazing :p And looks like its about to stab someone with its fur. Killer fur, sweet. I have always imagined the Eeveelutions with paw pads, thank you for showing them (: The Espeon looks like its about to pounce someone and put them under mind control o.o'

XDD Epic staredown. That is awesome. Poor Stel and Sem D:

*waltzin' past the art thread when...*
PIXIETY IS BACK!!!!!!!

*Ahem.* Sorry about that. Just missed yoooouuuu. And I can't believe I missed the first request contest.

Back with a new and totally AWESOME art thread, I might add. Just read through all the posts and looked at all the PChat Pics.

A fair warning, as it is Paintchat, the lineart isn't perfect or anywhere near it.

Nuh-uh! Most all of the work in this thread has perfect line art! Now I'll point out my faves...
Love the pose that Spriteon has, I love that little character of yours. That one has perfect line art. Love it. I am loving the mods on the Eeveelutions, I especially love Leafeon, being that I hate the little head tufts that Sugimori has and love the ones you put on. Regardless, leafeon is my third favorite eeveelution. Magmar makes an incredibly cute Yoshi and I also love the pose Misa has on that Aggron. I also love the pose you've got on Mery the Hedgehog and agree with you completely on it.

Wow, sorry for the long post. If you don't mind my asking, what is "srs," is it just a shortcut, or is it an inside joke? Or is that a total n00b question?
Great work, Pixiety, kepp it up, can't wait for more!

Thanks for all the comments guys! And 4Pika, srs is a shortcut for "serious" so srsface would be a "serious face". ;D Thankies for the nice long post too! I love it when people tell me WHY they like something ~

Hurrrr, I totally meant to update last night but I went to bed. =X

ShyuRequestPrize.png

Rayn_Shyu's request prize, her little character Shyu; who is an algamation of Mew, Espeon, and Haunter. Rayn, I went and made the color shifting on the body more like a furry kind of shift, instead of just drawing a big ol' purple thigh or something. =D Hope you don't mind that. >w< It was fun to color, what with the scheme and all.

Aaaaaand, for some other stuffs! Acid Viridian style, yo'.

RuinAttempt1.png

Ruin the Pikachu, one of three of RX's AV characters. I was trying a certain style when doing this one, as you can see he doesn't have a black outlining. Came out half decent if I do say so. Took a guess at the collar color. :B Swing an' a miss ~ You can tell it's a wee bit older than the more recent stuff as it isn't as well blended.

LockAttempt1.png

My take at Belle's AV character, Lock the MASSIVE SPIKE PERSIAN. =D He's frellin' awesome. Yerrrrrrrr...I like the pose?

Juro-GumoAV.png

The female character boss that RX created for AV. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her character design. ->w​

Shyu looks Awesome.
LITTLE PINK FLOATING HANDS =D

I like the style with Ruin and Rogue, nice change of pace though.
The blending on the lateset ones is awesome =D

Yes, Shyu looks awesome.

And love the different style on Ruin and Rogue. As Shado said, it's a nice change of pace.

And the other ones, it's awesome. Love how did all the details and such.

Oooh, Shyu looks awesome/scary, the fact that it has no arms is kinda freaky...o.O

And RUINZOMGSQUEE! Ruin looks so cool, maybe it's the way you blended the colors so he actually looks real. And teh tattered scarf ftw.

Lock is just purely amazing, I've always been a sucker for blades/horns, and you just gave me eyes candy with that picture. And Spider Lady, teh veins=

OHMYGOSHILOVESYOUFOREVEER! And I love the fur changing like that, it makes a lot more sense than what I did... I actually created Shyu when I was like in third grade, so it wasn't really creepy to me that it had no arms... somehow. ^.^;
Ruin looks cool so does Rogue, not doing outlines is something you should consider doing more often.
*Cheers for joy for Shyu*

They all look lovely, I do like the coloring on Ruin and the diffrent style makes a nice change. Lock and Rogue are very sexy. The detail on Rogue is perfect. Shyu is adorable as well :D

Nice work as always.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Another awesome batch of artwork Sami ^^

I love them all, for their shading and character, although I must say I love how Rogue came out. The details is wonderful. I like Lock's pose too, it has atmosphere and grace all rolled into one.

And I personally think your Spinarak is awesome XD

Guardian.png

"Why do you cry?" The serpant asked a small girl who sat in her own tears, shrouded by the darkness which was sadness.

"My heart broke." The young girl lamented, hands covering her face.

"Shall I fix it for you?" It inquired curiously, sidling up to the human.

"Wh-what do you want in return?" Eyes still brimming, she looked up to the snake-like creature.

Eyes of swirling crimson and gold looked at, no...through the girls chest. "Nothing much, just a space to call home..."

Wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, she followed its eyes, looking at herself as well. "...why?"

It coiled itself once or twice around her torso, resting it's head upon her shoulder, whispering into her ear. "Why not? I'll even prevent it from breaking again...do we have a deal?"

Agreeing to the deal, the girl went on about her days, her heart healing over time. Eventually, with her heart having forgotten its past torments, the woman once again knew the feeling of love until...

"Why do you cry?" A familiar voice inquired upon its aged mistress, eyes gleaming through the returning darkness.

"My heart...it hurts. Why?!" She cried, a hand to her chest, clutching tightly. "Is this what 'love' feels like?"

A sneer appeared upon the serpant's face, fangs gleaming ever so slightly. "It is your growing 'love' which pains your heart so. At this rate, you're heart shall break again..." Claws of obsidian sank deeper into the scarlet flesh, hidden from the eyes of the woman.

"What do you mean?" She sputtered, both hands now grasping the pain within.

"There is only room for me in here." the beast hissed with indignation at her mortal mind. "I am your Guardian, I know what is best for you, after all, did I not mend your wounds before?"

"My...guardian..." She repeated to herself over and over, until her voice became a whisper, and her whispers a mere thought.

~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, I went enter space happy with it, but it just made it look better. Done, of course, in the PChat. :B I adore the veins on this one.​

Love the shading on the, snake-like guardian and the heart. I agree with you, I love the veins on the heart too.

Is that a beginning of a fan fic I see there? or just a short backstory?
I find it hilarious you added to a typo with the incorrect spelling of the word "typo" XP (The other misspelt word was Serpant, which shold be spelt serpent.)

I like the rose though. The fade to black is AWESOME

Awesome work, again.

The spider-woman's veins are a total win, and the chibi is so adorable!
Also, the serepnt creature is a very interesting piece of artwork, and the backstory makes it all the more better!
And the rose, I too love how it fades to black, and how the background is black itself makes the flower altogether stand out.

Great work, Pixiety.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Katie, your requests are still in the works. They should be up Monday, Tuesday the latest. x_X Sorry it's taking so long. D:[/center]

"They"? =O

I really, really hope you didn't think I expected you to do all three, 'cause that'd just be cruel and grubby on my part... ^^;;;

Otherwise, no worries. I'm just looking forward to seeing what you draw, whenever that may be =)

Also, very interesting piece there. Mind if I ask what inspired it? The picture on its own is very intriguing imagery-wise, but the text does go well with it. Like an old mythology tale. I agree with the others about the detail of the veins on the heart, but I like the pose of the serpent as well. Very nice, Sami.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I thought you'd found an old proverb and had illustrated it, until you said you'd written it yourself! Awesome to say the least.

Nice attention to detail on the veins and colouring, I especially love the 'unoxygenated blood' blue. The rose is lovely too, again the details are wonderful and sharp. The fade-into-black is nice too, it adds a poetic feel. The drop of water is a nice touch.

Awesome as always, and a pleasure to view ^^

Freakay. But the coolness of the art > than the freakiness of it. Nice proverbial story mcjigger. And The veins are really sweet.
I like the rose as well, roses are pretty.​

Yes Katie, they. :3 I thought it'd be neat to do all of them instead. :V Repede is made of win, so of course I'd do that. Linkachu is always fun to draw, so why not? And the Fan'mon seemed fun. Except that it kicked my ass. xD I'll keep trying at it, but I guess you'll hafta' settle for these two.

Yaaaay, MSPaint comic. XD; Sketching done in the PChat, then taken to MSPaint to be lined ect ect. :V Text fail yaaay! Pixelchu is in Kristen and Linkachu in Bradley Hand text fonts. Reads RIGHT TO LEFT. Like a Manga. :B They can has numbers for those who don't normally geek out on manga.

BWKatieComic.png

Black and white because coloring it in MSPaint would've made me go suicidal. xD Reads RIGHT TO LEFT once again. I rather like the concept. x3 And I like the B&W. 9w9 Enjoy.

I saved the better one of them last. xD

Repede4Katie.png

Repede was hella' fun, though I wanted to punt his lineart to the moon and back for over half the time. He was definately oodles of fun to color. =D Repede belongs to Namco; Tales of Vesperia. :V Not my, I say; NOT MY CHARACTER DESIGN. I​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Repede looks awesome! You seriously have an knack for giving characters cool, bad-ass poses. I love the shading on him, it's all just perfect!

Giratinaga's colouring/shading is fantastic, I really love the shading around her eyes. It gives here a feminine mythic feel, same with the shading around the ends of her hair. All-in-all awesome! You know I'm going to run out of comments other than just 'awesome' if you keep producing such wonderful artwork!

Evil mouse toy! I love Linkachu's expression with the pizza, that's a look and a half full of mischief XD
Plus the comic shows off your wonderful lineart skills ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh my god, Sami... XD

I knew you'd be able to pull off something hilarious. Linkachu & the pizza... it's like you know me x3
As for the content, *laughs*, I could totally imagine something like that happening to me. The U-turning Bombchu and Linkachu & Pixelchu's expressions in the final box are priceless. Your choice to use Pixelchu works nicely, too. It's filled with rodents XD

And for the second... *SQUEES* HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL~ ^______^
I was worried that the reference work wouldn't be enough, but you did an awesome job on Repede. I love that pose (original posed Repede artwork FTFW!) and great touch with the thingies on his legs. The pads of his feet are adorable... I'd maul him and tickle his feet if he were real and not about to gut me ^-^

Beautiful, Sami. Just beautiful. The coloring and shading look great, and you have all the little details that make Repede awesome. (*Hugs Sami*) Thank you so much ;D

Comic is awesome Sami.

And Katie, we all know you like Pizza. Only person that likes pizza more is Sem.

Back to the art now. The shading, as others had said is awesome. Love how it turned out.

Giratinaga looks sweet as well. Swicked Job Sami.

I tell you now, that Repede pic alone is the entire reason I'm going to fangasm all over Tales of Vesperia from now on.

Also I demand to be in the next comic >:3 It is absolutely adorable.

You already know how awesome I think the Giratinaga is, great effects with the ominous puffs of smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.