• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sami's Actually-Counts-As-Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I loved the sketches you showed me of the water starter line, but it doesn't do them justice when they are colored. They are flippin awesome! You would truly make it hard for people to choose between any of your starters. I would love to train all three of them!

I love Laverice! For some reason, it reminds me of reindeer. Probably because of the awesome antlers!

I would definitely pick either Noreel or your Rock/Grass starter. I love the designs alone!

OldManLaverice.png

"So there I was, taking on the nastiest Charizard ever seen on the west side of Sinnoh..."

"Wooow, what'd you do?"

"Well, I did what any respectable Laverice would do, I Hydro Pump'd that matchstick for a Poke'mon into next week!"

"Whoooooaaaaa, then how'd you get that scar on your face?"

"Well, you see...it all started with this Zangoose...."

~*~*~*~*~

Grandpa Laverice telling two young Noreel and a very unenthused Gimchill about his old stories. This was drawn to show you a unique variation to Laverice. As Laverice grow older, and the more often they are in colder climates, their horns continue to grow and branch out. So this Laverice has been around for quite awhile.

I think Gimchill has heard these stories once or twelve times over. ;D

No color, I'll be honest, I got lazy.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Daww, that's like, one of the cutest things I've ever saw. The Noreel are uber cute, Gimchill has that "yeah, I know already, now shut up" kind of look, and granddaddy Laverice is all... XD

I noticed how his horns look a bit like how I imagine a snowflake to look like. Maybe it's a coincidence, but meh.

*huggles a Noreel* ^^

You are seriously making me rethink my choice of starters...

Grandpa Laverice is freaking awesome and the kiddies are sooo cute (even the bored teenager)! Great job Sami!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think Gimchill's face is the embodiment of the boredom we all feel when our grandparents tell you the same stories over and over. I know mine do, with my Grandma from my Mother's side being the worst, bless her XD

I love the laid down Noreel. He just takes the cuteness to a whole new level that I didn't think was possible. Both of the little buggers are *huggles them*

Grizzly old Laverice is awesome. He certainly looks like he's enjoying his story-telling. Love all his little battle scars scattered around. Methinks he'll have many stories ^^

I love that picture! It is such a good way to display your Pokemon in different ways than just a normal pose.

I love the amazed expressions on the Noreel's faces. It's like 'Woah...cool!'

nice Sami. Noreel are cute =D

I like the gray and black more, I agree, it makes the eyes look more piercing, like they're staring through you...

Gimchill's all: shut up grandpa. Like most teenagers these days XD

Omigoodness, Pix...

Your water starters are...awesome...beautiful. Too awesome...beautiful for words! I love them. Love love love them. The colored pencil on all your previous drawings look awesome, and I love the way you shaded with them and blended them.

I also really like this picture in black and white, and I think it's really awesome how you made the Pokemon's look vary depending on certain circumstances. I think the backstory adds to its awesomeness as well. That would be an awesome little story to go off into, lol.

Awesome Work.

With or without colour, the picture is amazing. Love the line art for the picture, and the gorgeous detail you put into the work. It's awesome Sami, like always.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wanted to say how much I love the icy fins on your final stage water-starter, and the transition of the antlers from mid-to-final stage is really nice, too. All three are really cute designs (the basic stage is adorable), but once again I seem to have a soft spot for the mid-stager. XD

Hmm... Now the choice of which I'd pick is a big tougher (they're all so cool), but tradition would probably still prevail. I'd stick with that grass starter line X3

What's this?

CutOutAlex.png

Doctor Oak held by his wittle bitty labcoat? This was a pretty fun little venture. Alex is now tacked to my wall by his coat, constantly threatening to ban me. However, I thought it would be more fun to hold him up in this piccu. I got lazy for shading and just decided to do ink hatching for shading.

I may or may not do some other Charms' people, I've been pretty uninspired lately. Sorry the lighting is bad. xD My little computer corner is dark and that's with a light on it.

CharmsColorPG.png

This was going to be a coloring page for Charms Day that Alex never posted...? xD So I figured it's been enough days so meh, I'll post it up. Feel free to color it, this offer is extended to anyone and everyone. Tried to do it as close to official style as I could, but in the end, Chiko's leg is wonky, Ivy's legs are too long, and Hoppip is the only one who looks right.​

Love the little thing of Alex, it's so amusing.

Also love the three Grass-types Sami. The line art is spectacular. Both Chikorita and Ivysaur look fine Sami, stop self-doubting yourself.

Awesome job.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
That's immensely awesome. I want one of my own. :D

Incidentally, sorry I never got your pic up and the colouring contest running - I wasn't able to get my lappy online on Pokecharms Day and that was the only place I had the picture (I can't access your photobucket account), so I physically wasn't able to do anything about it.

I am so going to print the colouring page out, Sami! It's awesome.

The little Dr. Oak is awesome! It looks really good, even with just hatching for shading.

When I scrolled down, I thought that it was an official coloring page, haha.
I didn't notice anything wonky about Chikorita's leg, I thought it looked pretty spot on.
And Yeah, Ivysaur's legs are little long, but it doesn't really matter, I think it looks pretty awesome like that.

Haha, that Alex paper-dolly thing is super cute, haha. I think that the hatching looks awesome, when I work with inks, my hatching always turns out to be a fail. I don't even think I've ever used a pen-art-quill-type-thing as skinny as that, haha.

Great work, Pix.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You can't be uninspired Sami, I shall not allow it!
*Throws a big ball of inspiration at you*

^___^

I laughed so hard at:

What's this? Doctor Oak held by his wittle bitty labcoat?
XD

It's just so awesome, it would be great to see some other 'charms characters in the same style, which I love by the way. The ink hatch shading worked really well, especially with the chibi-ish style you used. Just completely awesome XD

Nice colouring page too, and I wouldn't have noticed the wonky leg or Ivy's legs being to long if ya hadn't mentioned it. 'Tis a very awesome colouring page.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, I didn't reply here yet? XD

If I had that little guy, I'd probably tape a bright pink tutu and silly frilly hat on him, then hang a banner across his chest (somehow) saying "Isn't it ironic... don't you think?"

Insta-ban X3

And even though the coloring page never got up, I think it turned out pretty good, Sami. Very cute ^^

lol@ Chibi Alex. Also, the hatching for shading is new on me, such that I don't normally see you using it. It's a lovely effect that gives Alex a very comic-book feel to him. Absolutely splendid job, Sami. :D There's not much to say about the coloring page other than the linework is so pretty and clean. That is the cutest Chikorita I've seen you draw :D

Kekeke. I said I'd be offline starting April 4th. I lied.

Sami? Lying? This is MADNESS! Madness? No...

[size=20pt]THIS. IS. POKECHARMS![/size]

CharmsGoodbye.png

I can't work a scanner to save my life. xD This takes up a whole farkin' page but you'd never be able to tell from the size of it.

So. We have Steleafia, Buizilla, Chikoritalex, The Spork Monster and a Sporkling, DemiDwaymon, a Houndoom for Middy, a Growlithe for Rey, Shiny Eevee, a Murkrow for Silver Magpie, Elleon, Linkachu, Aquamor!Sem, Pheonix, Jetwello, TBA's 8-Ball, a Chimecho for Belle (Get it? Chimecho? Belle? Bell? Hurr.), Carmen's Fish Missiles, Psychotic Spinda and Nibbles. AND new to the bunch is Mr. Troutman.

Mr. Troutman is designed for Ruko. He's an angry old fish who slaps people. D: I love how the Growlithe came out and Houndoom looks all grawr, as it is Middy's. X3 Elleon came out more purple than pink. Stupid Cerise pencil. D: Buizilla is like, huge, like he's supposed to be a Godzilla knockoff or something, geez. Psychotic Spinda is sporting his new spatter spots instead of the old skull-heart. Nibbles is as cute as ever. Kekeke~

I wanted to put Dwaymon there but she refused to be posed, so DemiDwaymon it was. TBA isn't around much anymore, but the 8-Ball abuse is classic. Chikoritalex scares me. D: Alot.

YES. THE SCANNER ATE THE COLOR. DO NOT BLAME ME. D:>

This is my little 'Goodbye for Now' piccu. There are some people I wanted in here but they either couldn't fit or didn't have some sort of non-human persona I could paste on there. ILU ALL THOUGH. :'D​

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
... I LOVE YOU SAMI.

And, well, yeah. The picture rocks. So much detail, so little time. ^^; I could look at it for ages - and have been - and still notice new little things you've added here and there. I love the Troutman, I love Houndoom's expression, I love the lot of it. Very nice job. =)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'd start running just about now. Before Alex notices this. XD

Is a nice picture, even with the scanner eating your coloring. Mr. Trout and Elleon crack me up to epic levels, Nibbles is also winful, Katie's adorable, as is Aquamor!Sem. Also, w00t for fish missiles. xD

... Also random 8-ball FTW. Needs moar banhammer, though. xD

I'll miss you too. ;-;

Scanner eating my green. Stupid scanner. I look way better in green and orange. Speaking of names, for anyone who uses Jetwellow, don't forget the 'w'. I still love you Sami.

Anywho, this is freaking amazing Sami. 7 hours worth of work for the rest of 'Charms is amazing. Awesome last picture. Favourite points have to be Growlithe and Elleon.

I'll miss you a lot Sami. Especially the late night talks in Chat.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I actually think Alex will get a good kick out of the Chikoritalex, so no worries XD

7 hours of work, eh? This picture is amazing for a single sitting - just for not dying half-way through alone! Everyone's characters and representations look great, and the line art is beautiful with all of the various poses and how you managed to fit so many characters in. Mr. Troutman highly amuses me, too XD

You've stuck around longer this time Sami, which was awesome, but I knew this time would come in some form or shape. ^_~ For that reason I say goodbye for now and looking forward to your return! In the meantime I will pamper Requiem and make sure she gets lots of exercise. She'll be kicking asses and taking names :D

All the best ^^

Dammit, Sami.

It's an amazing picture, which makes it that much harder to watch you hafta leave. All the poses are completely epic, and even if the color was eated, it still looks great. [size=2pt]and I totally could've been an Aipom. (I'm joking, it's great.)[/size]

Anyways, has fun at yer camp o' boots, and be safe!

Very Very Nice. I love all the animals especially Rey/Growlithe hahaha. Well I'm gonna miss you tons. Goodbye for now Sami ^ ^.

Seriously, even though your scanner supposedly ate the colour (It was Fi. She likes to eat and burn things. Bad Fi! No mesquite for you tonight!), it still looks amazing!

I love the expression on Nibble's face. Nibbles has now become my favorite of your little...pieces of awesomeness. It says, "I'm an adorable amputated Girafarig tail/head, but I can eat you, too!"

SAMI YOU CANT LEAVE D:< I'll miss you too..who is gonna sing Banana Phone to me now? D: ;_; Anyways this picture is just win, I mean really o.o' Everything fits nicely of course ^^ The scanner can die though.. eating the colors >>' Its still pretty though ^^

Houndoom is win, and I approve :D *pets* >>'

Come back in one piece ^^'

OMG,there is so much win in that pic, I don't even know where to begin. Steleafia, Chikoritalex, Spork Monster (and Sporkling)? Everyone was represented really well. Just awesome Sami. I love this picture so much!

----------------------------->

Aww, Pix, why do you have to goooooo? Don't leave!

Well anyways, love the picture, everything is fabulous...
*sniff sniff*

We'll miss you.

Sami, your art never ceases to amaze me! I love every little bit of it! And for someone who keeps professing that she can't draw birds, you seem to do an awesome job of it. :3

You will truly be missed, especially the late night goofiness. Can't wait till you get settled in California and have internet access again!

Even though I don't know you that well, I'm gonna miss seeing you and you're completly-and-utterly-amazingly-awsome-artwork-of-pure-and-utter-epicness (CAUAAAOPAUE).

Have fun in California!

*hails Pokecharms picture*

Status
Not open for further replies.