• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sami's Actually-Counts-As-Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.O....

Oh dear, that looks insanely real, like no joke when I first glanced at it I was all "SHE HAS A METAL HAND THING?!" I can't believe you only used those four things though, it just looks too real :p

All in all, go to school like that someday xD I bet everyone will think it's real it's just that awesome Sami ^^ Keep it up.

Where have you been hiding that lovely fursona of yours? I just absolutely love the thing, with plus points for the clawed tail and half angelic, half demonic pair of wings.

And I finally get to see an update version of Vinyx's line, and it is just gorgeous. Your shading is just transcends so elegantly. I love the effects on the wooden, leaf, and rocky aspects of the critter. SAMI WE MUST MARRY NOW. *runs off to abduct Cody and Dwayna for a proper matrimonial ritual.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
O___0

Whoa... that looks so real and evil, yet brilliant at the same time. Imagine waking up and finding your arm like that XD

I can't believe you achieved that with the materials you listed, it's just incredible - easily tattoo standard. If I drew that on my arm my skin would probably burn off, your skin must be super tolerant. Just writing a number in pen on my hand irritates.

The veins do look a little gross, but that kind of adds to the image. I like the polish highlights too, they really stand out and look striking.

That looks so real. O_O

Nice ^^

At first, I thought you drew all over yourself and molded the metallic pieces out of clay and stuck it on your hand. That's how real it looks ^^

*Grabs a Dani and a Belle while be kidnapped* We needs all teh Amazonians >: D

'Nyways, Sami, that hand thing is wicked. Not my favorite artwork of yours, but it's really realistic. Go be a famous artist or something.

That hand art is amazing! It looks so real...noes! Don't kill me with your awesome hand, Pixeity!

Commenting on earlier art, I love those grass starters. I love the vines. Grass/Rock is a really unique combination, too.

NeverAgainWithoutAPlan.png

This is what happens when I notice a tube of black acrylics in arms length. xD Anywhoo,the original intent was to do little tribal designs around the collar, then my mind wandered and so didn't my doodles. It makes a nice pajama shirt though. :3 While not exaclty 'art' I thought it'd be good for a chuckle.

SrsTesla.png

While not as popular as Mari, this is one of Stel's other 'buzzes. Tesla. =D She's awesome, so I drew fanarts. Compared to Mari, Tesla has a shorter, more spikey mane and more jagged markings. And dark undereyes. Which I​

I read a Book based on the Four Celesrials... I think it was White Tiger, Red Pheonix and Blue Dragon? Or something like that. Tesla is awsome, she looks like a lion thing to me. Loving the starters! That hand is scaring me, and the top is... I'm not sure...

Keep up the good work!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Haha. I knew when I looked at that 'buzz it wasn't Mari... Now that I see Tesla's name, I'm very amused. Love for the lesser 'buzz! The pic itself looks pretty good too imo. Tesla retains her "don't mess with me" expression of doom and looks like she's ready to put on some hurt to all who get in her way. Very cool, Sami ^^

Also, the design you did on your hand is amazing, and it wasn't until I read your image description a few times that I finally accepted it wasn't something more. The shading and the way you colored around the finger nails looked freakin' real and PAINFUL. Awesome job XD

Love the t-shirt, too ^^

These are some amazing works once again Sami :p

I love the wooden ears on your grass starters, so cute :p The first stage does have a bit of a raichu feel to him but the stubby tail balances it out. Grass/Rock is an intresting typing as well.

Most impressive of all id say is that arm tatoo of yours, that is a true peice of art. Such detail. You see I have done some tatoo designs for some extra cash in the past but nothing that intresting. Your design is just awesome ! I love the mix of artificial and organic of it.

PS: Friends backs make great canvas.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
May have seen these already, but I still want to comment. ^^

You've captured the essence of Tesla perfectly - her face may not be as convex as it's supposed to be, but the expression is perfect.

And you already know what I think of the biomechanical WTF arm-drawing. You rock too many worlds. >>;

Anywhoo,the original intent was to do little tribal designs around the collar, then my mind wandered and so didn't my doodles.​

I think that word was supposed to be did, but it could be just me XD

That aside, I remember the awesome doodle shirt.
"Divide by 0, OH SHI-" for the win XD

I'm loving the Tesla fanarts =D
apparently, something with paws was on the same canvas =3

*roughs the Forums up a bit* You WILL function proper when I try to post this. D:<

*ahem* Anywhoo~ little update, started working on this yesterday and just finished it today and am extrememly pleased with certain areas of it.

GijinkaLove.png

*lick* ~​

Well that is just adorable :D I can imagine hearing the Skitty giggling with giddy delight and the Poochy just being all bishie. I've already expressed my love for your colored pencilling abilities. The way the cloth flow and furry locks are captured by tones and shadows alone is just stunning.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Poochy's tail is just so beautiful :O The shading and smoothness is just... perfect.

Poochy does look a little dangerous, but I think it adds to his appeal, and Skitty seems to be liking it XD
I love her ears and the earrings, they're a nice touch. Awesome shirt, and her trousers do look purple to me. I love how they're sitting on a Pokeball, I'm just not sure why XD

Awesome as usual Sami ^^
*Steals Poochy's tail*

It's so cuuuute ^_^ I do have to agree with Magpie though, Skitty's pants do seem more purple then blue, it still looks nice though :p

Poochy looks good with the dangerous expression, and I think it would fit his personality more then a ^_^ expression. Amazing tail for the win =D They looks so adorable together o.o' Also, earrings on Skitty fit perfectly, and I wear sandals during winter sometimes too >>'

Hokay, finally got around to the Fire Starter. xD I had the first two forms down solid, but then the last form kept bothering me, but now I'm finally happy with it.

Note: If you see these anywhere besides Poke'charms and my DeviantArt account (FateOmega) please notify me, these are copyrighted works.

FireStarterTrad.png

Introducing Clawdinal, Talonoir, and Fanghuang; the Fire Starters of Shikoku. I broke the claws sort of theme in the name for the final form, but I do like the name very muchly so. Clawdinal and Talonoir are both Fire while Fanghuang is Fire/Flying. Both lower forms are incapable of flight and rely on their strong legs to hunt their prey, while the final form finally has fully developed wings and can attack from the skies. Raptor chickens, yaaaaaaaay. I think Clawdinal could take Torchic in a fight, Talonoir would probably tie with 'Thunder Thighs' aka Combusken and Blaziken has the upper hand on Fanghuang.

Mucho thanks to Stel and Pheonix. xD Stel, who helped with the design and Pheonix who heard my endless ranting about how I can't get the final form right. Also, I moved Clawdinal away from Fanghuang, since on the original piece of paper, Fanghuang is UBER close to Clawdinal. xD So if there's some default white in there, don't mind it. Also moved around some people on Vinyx's sheet a page back after I realized I could. xD;;;; I'm slow, I know. Also, yes, they are red. xD If they seem pink, blame the scanner or your own color settings.

CaramellRealistic.png

And a more realistic Spinda. =D Markings are from the Spinda that Stel gave me, Caramell. The paw pads are quite off but I only looked at one referance of a panda for it. xD; Turned the swirlies into fur markings and put the ear swirlies inside the ears. Overall, I think it turned out cute. :3​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That is the most adorable Spinda I've ever seen. Excellent realistic take on it, Sami. The paw pads make me want to tickle them. Is its expression supposed to be devious or am I reading into things too much? XD

As for the fire starters... Fierce raptor chicken thingies of awesome. Love the raptorish claws and the patterns/color choices. I'm intrigued by how different the middle stager looks compared to the basic/final stages. Kinda makes me think of Grovyle, only unlike Sceptile your final stage is still awesome XD

Great poses for all three. I especially like Clawdinal's (the side-ways smirk and leg positioning), and definitely agree - Torchic wouldn't stand a chance XD

(Hah, you received three XD's in that reply. Me thinks I've been playing too much Gale of Darkness XP)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can't get over how Talonoir has a total mobster face. XD

Fanghuang ended up looking awesome. Talonoir looks a touch... I dunno. Like it doesn't belong between the two of them. Bit of a Grovyle thing going on. But still, all things considered, I'm liking this bird. If these were real I'd have a hard time choosing between Fenghuang and Jagaea. >>;

And that Spinda is actually cute. Unlike the real thing. (FISTSHAKES at the god-damn DEMONSPAWN that Caramell was.)

Also THUD at Katie's comment. Great minds think alike? o-O

O.O

I absolutely love the final design! Total win on all counts and I love all of their facial expressions. Totally cements my choice of starter as Clawdinal for your region.

And realistic Spinda is neat! I like the fuzzy cuteness of it.

The Spinda looks swicked Sami.

Your fire starters also look awesmoe. I would totally pick them as my starter if I could. That and I maybe biased to birds. Either way, the starters are awesome.

Excellent job.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
... Now I'm torn between whether I'd choose your Grass or Fire Starter... in all fairness I always used to instantly choose fire, but I hated Blaziken and Infernape

Loving the "wag,wag,wag" tail on the poochyena gijinka. XD
Nice Shading on it.

Also, the evolutions of Clawdinal is awesome ^^
Loving the realistic Spinda, but I say you should've givin it Psychotic Spinda Markings XD

i love the spinda so much :p soooo cute.

The birdies are very well designed and I like the names too. The tails on Talonoir are lovely. They all look pretty predatory and the talon theme is pretty cool. Now they are related to both types of raptors :p

Gijinka and Skitty girl are realllly adorable. And sorta sexy? O_O

Awesome work once more!

Eee! Killer-chicken-awesomeness!

I think Clawdinal is one of the cutest small-things-that-can-kill-you creatures ever! In addition, the tails are amazing. For some reason, they remind me of phoenix tails.

I love the Gijinka Poochenya and Skitty. They are, as Jey has said, adorable!

Secad; They're supposed to be reminiscent of Pheonix tails. ;D Fanghuang is a play off Fenghuang, which is the Chinese Equivalent of a Pheonix. ^_^

A teeny, somewhat old update today.

ShadorsePeek.png

A creation from the Nem Gen ((meaning not my creation, just to be clear)), Shadorse! I probably should've looked up a referance for the anatomy, so this is all guesswork for as accuracy compared to an actual horse. I probably won't end up doing Centarrior and Centarmour, as I am very lazy and rarely ever get anything done. XD; But you'll see a few more fanarts from the Nem Gen in here later this month, I'm sure.

VixTattoo.png

This one is actually almost a year old, but I still love it. This is NOT TO BE USED ANYWHERE BY ANYONE. Anywho, this is a tattoo design I did on MSPaint awhile ago, as you can see it's a fox. Pending if I still like it in a couple years will also solidify my choice for getting it as an actual tattoo. Gotta' make sure I still like it after awhile to make sure I'll still like it once it's permanentally attached, yanno'? I'll ponder on the 'where' once I decide if I get it or not. BUT. Until then, I'll just love it to pieces. I still think it's the best thing I've ever done on MSPaint. xD​

Love how you drew Shadorse. So awesome Sami. Love your colouring job on it. The anatomy also looks fine, considering you didn't use a reference.

The tattoo design is awesome as well Sami. Love how you designed it.

Pixeity, that tatto is amazing! It looks incredibly well drawn. Anyone would be lucky to get a tattoo like that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I always enjoy seeing sprite-to-artwork pictures, because as great as sprites are on their own... it's so much cooler seeing the things hand-drawn. All the little details standout more. Shadorse looks really cool here, both due to Nem's design itself and your own detail/coloring Sami. I'm not sure if you mimicked Nem's sprited pose or scratched it yourself, but it's very cute nonetheless.

The fox tattoo is also awesome. Love the detail of the 'face'. Looks as good as any professionally styled tattoo I've ever seen. Great design.

Wow I mean wow those are just amazing. You did an awsome job shading. I love how they are unreal creature i find regular animal sort of boring. That artwork is better then anything I'll probably ever draw. I'm still gonna take art classes though.

What? A NEW Sami art thread?
OH EM JI.

OKAY, being that I have been gone for awhile, I'mma make another really long post, lol.

Ok, starting from the first page. Thos mughost that you got there, fabulous. Never played Revenent Wings, played a little bit of XII, but got stuck, so never finished it, LOVED Tactics advance and advance 2. XD The viera are a very interesting tribe, might I add, and the "love child" you've got there, didn't know there were any, being that I didn't play the game and all. Anywho, you portrayed all the species superbly, they are all really great drawings.
Next, your grass starters are reeeaaallly cute, I loved um since I saw um. Great concept you have there. The fire starters are really cool too, I always love the idea of a Phoenix-like-Pokemon.
And that hand, with the markers and that...is that drawn on you real hand? Because if that is, girl, you got it going on! That stuff looks like its poppin' right outta ya! I was so astounded, at first I though it was a photo manip, but no, that is waaaay cool.
Also the shading with all of your colored pencil drawings are fabulous, especially your Gijinka-Poochyena's tail.
And that fox tattoo, awesome. I could never do something like that in MSPaint.

Great work, loving the art, keep it up!

Very VERY nice job on the drawings. The posing is great and the lines are very smooth for it being traditional artwork (cant draw a straight line that is smooth to save my arse.) I also like the effect from the colored pencils you are using. Altogether very very nice! I would actually like too see a picture of me or Reynald but that's just me haha. Keep up the good work ^ ^

OHSHI- AN UPDATE?! Totally.

NOTE: These are copyrighted works and are only to be found on Pokecharms and my DA account (FateOmega), if you see these anywhere else, please notify me.

WaterStarterTrad.png

Presenting Noreel, Gimchill, and Laverice; the Water Starters of my Region, Shikoku Isles. Noreel is Water type while Gimchill and Laverice are Water/Ice type.

This line has suffered the most editing out of all three starters versus their original concepts. xD His original concept ended in Water/Grass, but I really got irked with myself over crossing types with other starters. Maybe in a different region, I'll do all cross-starters.

Anyway, the names need a bit of 'splaining. Nori, Gim, and Laver are all types of seaweed, and as you can see by their leafy like frill membrane ridges whatever, they're quite seaweedy. Noreel doesn't look too 'eely' but the name is too cute to give up. His original design didn't have arms. :X Gimchill has changed the least from his original design, and I farkin' love it still. Laverice changed the most. He used to have six limbs and no leafy back things, and lame horns. :U For Laverice's back frillythings, I started oogling at Leafy Sea Dragons. I wanted the outer parts to be more faded green/blue but more blue than green. xD; If that made sense.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. All three of my starters have been revealed and I'll try to throw more of my creations at you soon, granted I don't have many Fan'mon as of yet. ^___^

MainOC.png

Here be my little purple digimon again, if anyone remebers him from the PChat thread. He still has no name. xD; Tweaked his design a little, but not too much. I call it a him because I have a male voice attached to him when he runs around in my imagination. Trying to peg the right purple was hard, so he's a bit brighter than I would've liked.

FlatColorlol.png

DigiOC2.png

The top picture was the rough draft, and the bottom was what the final result was. How I jumped from red to gray, I'll never know. But I love the grey one more, his eyes just look so vibrant ~​

Very VERY nice. I'm liking the Digimon especially. I can't draw animals unless I'm looking at a picture haha. So these are very very good. Keep up the good work! I like the gray more too. The eyes stand out more as well as the markings.

Yay for a Spinda that actually resembles a Panda, although if it was a red panda, it could have used a tail. Anyway, EEEEEE the fur is so nice and bristly. It accentuates a panda's fluffily cute charisma. And lo, it has eyes that aren't some cartoony expression depicting confusion. A smart rehash of the Pokemon, in my opinion.

I've seen bits and pieces of the Fire Starter, and now in full form, the line-up looks awesome. Nothing too fancy or over-the-top in terms of Evolution, sticking to the simple idea of a raptor gaining its wings. And the raptor claws, one of the greatest appendages evolution has granted the therapods is such a threatening and awesome addition to its foreboding persona. Sweet~

Shadhorse is excellently shaded, as expected. I still can't get over how amazing the shading is that it is able to show contours without any linework.

Lastly the fox henna. I've seen it before and it still looks amazing to me. The pixel-ness is proof of the effort that must have gone into the piece.

Hurrr Sami is bleeding awesome as usual. :D

Lol digimon twins. I miss that, actually there's only one example of such, but yeah, a neat concept. The two color schemes look good together imo. But of course, I am an advocate of the lustery silver to earthly brown.

Also you gave Noreel that cute : D expression just to make me squee over it, didn't you? The triangular mouth of joy and bright green eyes are a tad Sky Forme-esque, btu then some features are just too cute to belong to any one Pokemon. Loving its Ice alterrations.Snowflake antlers and leather fins ftw. ^__^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
That's the first time I've ever seen a Water starter and gone "I'll start with water for sure!" XD

I've never, ever wanted to start with a water Pokemon. I always pick either the Grass or Fire. The only water starter I've ever liked has been Mudkip, but I loved Treecko more. Seriously, your Water Starter has just blown me away. I wants him. Noreel is just beyond cute. I love the Seaweedy bits on all the forms, and I adore the ears/horns on Laverice. They look icy and planty all at the same time. I wish they were real choices in an actual game. I really do.

Loving the Digimon, you draw the so well. The red version of 'Vulpemon' is my favourite, though only because he looks more foxy due to his colour. I adore foxes ^^
You got attitude into your drawings very well. You're awesome, as usual ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... I know I just said this on chat, but...

NOW I SERIOUSLY CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN ALL THREE OF THE STARTERS! *cries* Seriously, I'm in love with Noreel and Gimchill, but Oceleaf and Vinyx are just too cute, and Fanghuang is just begging for me to choose him/her due to the fact that's its named AFTER THE PHOENIX CHINESE-ISH. D:

Anyways, Vulpemon is so, like, cuuuuute. Seems like my random book on constelations was useful for once. ^^

Saaamii These look awesome as always =D I love how Noreel is all Hey look a tail! ^__^ Gimchill is all I'm sexy ;D Then Laverice is all standing up proud like ^^' Personally I love all of them so your making it hard D:

The Digimon is cuuute ^^ I think the purple suits him well. Also, I do love the grey one more ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.