• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed S.H.I.E.L.D.: Paragons (MCU RP Discussion)

"The Sokovia Accords opened our eyes. People are scared of superheroes. Scared of what they can do, what might happen if they got out of control. That's why you're NOT superheroes. You're special metahuman agents fully under the watchful eye of S.H.I.E.L.D. You will be... our Paragons."

S.H.I.E.L.D. needs a team ready to take on threats that the Avengers can't or are unable to, which is why inhumans, metahumans and more have been gathered by Nick Fury himself to form a new team. Led by Doctor Nathaniel Brown, the Paragons are a strong team operating globally to deal with threats of all kinds.
This takes place in the MCU, before Infinity War but after Black Panther. Therefore, Wakanda is an available homeland for your characters. It's probably best if you're not Kree or Skrull, and mutants don't exist in this universe. Inhumans do, though!
This is essentially your chance to create the heroes you've always wanted in the MCU. So let's get to it!
Doctor Nathaniel Brown/Firebrand: @Eeveechu151
Clarke Evans/Lightning Rod: @Eeveechu151
Morana Blake/Ghost Jumper: @Shadow_Pup
Bellamy Lightwood/Tendril/Agent Toxin: @Shadow_Pup
Amalia Greenis/Artemis I: @Fraseandchico
Suzy Diamond/Restorer: @Rohan Kishibe
Hilde Ingrid/Warbird: @Rohan Kishibe
Samuel Atkins/Psy: @Martin Pine
Joe Ferro/Owleye: @Martin Pine
Talius Reation/Database: @FrostCrispz
Kaleb Storm/Kedavra: @StormingCobra55
Name:
Species: (Human, Inhuman, Asgardian, Clone, etc)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename:
Appearance:
Personality:
Superpower:
Backstory:
Extra:
Here's my characters!
Name: Nathaniel Brown
Species: Human
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Firebrand
Appearance: Nathaniel has black hair going down to his shoulders and a small beard with the sideburns shaved off. He has green eyes and pale skin. He usually wears a white short-sleeved shirt with black track pants and a dark green vest. His hands are completely covered with metal on the underside. He's 6'2.
Personality: Nathan is basically the best-dad of the team. He's kind with a scientific mind, and is willing to put his life on the line to help others. Beware when he starts the nerd talk, though.
Superpower: His hands and feet have been partially replaced, allowing him to spew fire from them like flamethrowers and use the flames to soar into the air, i.e. Iron Man's boot jets.
Backstory: A S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist ever since getting out of college, Nathan saw the rise of superheroes from the government's angle. He remained loyal to Fury when HYDRA's deception was revealed, and stuck to his morals. He later began experimenting with the Diviners to figure out what made the Inhumans so special. A HYDRA attack disrupted the experiment and resulted in Nathaniel losing part of his hands and legs. Nathan was saved by cybernetic implants, and seeing an opportunity, Nathan requested to undergo additional modifications to become a fighting machine for S.H.I.E.L.D. Nathaniel's dedication and clearheadedness made him the perfect choice to lead the Paragons.
Extra: Firebrand is actually an old Iron Man villain in the comics, but the name works for Nathaniel so he's taking it. This may actually be the source of a future plot point~
Name: Clarke Evans
Species: Inhuman
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Lightning Rod
Appearance: Clarke is 5'11, and has short brown hair that grows at the top. He's got sky blue eyes and latino skin. After getting his powers, his arms are now marked with indents on his forearms. He usually wears a green hooded cloak with beige track pants and a dark green shirt.
Personality: Clarke likes to joke around, being the humor of the group, but fully understands the danger of the situation and what failure would mean. He's not entirely used to his powers yet, but likes to get creative with them. He's a master of thinking on the spot.
Superpower: Lightning Rod is able to absorb electricity and manually redirect it.
Backstory: Clarke was just an ordinary kid prior to getting kidnapped by HYDRA alongside a bunch of civilians. HYDRA wanted to awaken some Inhumans with their Diviner to get themselves some super soldiers, and Clarke just so happened to be able to undergo Terrigenesis. He did, and when he emerged he found all the HYDRA troops dead with a SHIELD squad having rescued him. He was brought to SHIELD's base and trained with them, getting a better understanding of his new powers. He was an obvious choice for the Paragons.
Extra: Lightning Rod carried an extendable staff he can use to platform, fight foes and absorb electricity. It's metal, so it conducts.
@Shadow_Pup @StormingCobra55 @Godjacob Here ya go.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Morana Blake
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Ghost Jumper
Appearance: Kind of short, skinny, pink hair and eyes and freckles. She wears a loose yellow t-shirt and short shorts.
Personality: Kind, understanding, protective of others like her.
Superpower: Phasing and Teleportation

Name: Bellamy Lightwood
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Tendril
Appearance: Tall, muscular, brown hair, white eyes and covered in tattoos. He wears a black cloak, white shirt and jeans.
Personality: Usually very kind and caring. He is protective of Morana and would never hurt her (even when brainwashed). Brainwashed Bellamy is very different he is a psychopathic creature that will kill anything or anyone in the way of his targets.
Superpower: Similar too the venom symbiote but it is part of his DNA instead of being an alien lifeform (and the colours are reversed)

Joint Backstory: They grew up together and are basically siblings, they were kidnapped by HYDRA and put through terrigenisis. Bellamy was used as a weapon after being brainwashed. But they decided not to use Morana and kept her locked up, Morana was rescued by shield but currently Bellamy is still brainwashed and at large (if that is ok).

Last edited:
Sure, it seems to work. Only questions are about their abilities. Is the phasing on a quantum level, like Ghost? And what are the extents of Tendril’s powers?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Morana can phase through walls, like shadow cat.
Tendril's powers are:
Increased strength,
Increased Agility,
Tendrils,
And Regeneration

Name: Amalia Greenis
Species: Human
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Artemis 1
Appearance: She wears the Artemis armour, enhanced body armour that is silver, and covers from her feet to her chest, the rest of her body is covered by her Orbital upper armour, which is red(And very bulky) and covers her shoulders, arms, neck, and she has a helmet most of her head except her face. she has peachy skin, green eyes, and short, blonde hair. She is looks quite strong even without the suit.
Personality: She is very serious, and has a very 'no time for mistakes' mindset, she is very honest, and doesn't trust people if they lie, even once. She has quite intelligent. And even outside of the Artemis gear, if you mess up too much or anger her, she will probably punch you in the face. The only person she makes an exception for in this case is Nathaniel(She may or may not have a crush on him...). She is normally quite level-headed.
Superpower: Her amour(Not very original, I know), which has a similar arsenal to Astro-boy(Nobody is gonna get that 'reference', are they?), which includes several Machine Guns(No, she doesn't ones in the butt of her armour), and has missile launchers in her shoulder pads, she has rocket shoes.
Backstory: All people know is that she has been working with S.H.I.E.L.D. since she moved to the U.S.A. after she graduated from University in Europe, and she developed her own armour, she was also known to work out. She was picked for this group due to her intelligence and the strength of her suit.
Extra: I couldn't think of a truly original concept, I'm dumb sometimes. And yes, I am aware how similar this is to Iron man. Leave me alone, I'm feeling dumb.

Name: Suzy Diamond
S.H.I.E.L.D. Codename: Restorer
Appearance: Has chin bobbed black hair that goes down to her neck, blue eyes and white skin. Wears a black skin tight suit, black boots and a bracelets on each arm that can generate a holographic fist around her fists for extra punching power. Has a small yet muscular physique
Personality: Friendly and easygoing. She likes a good laugh and is fun to be around. She's kindhearted and loyal but not overly trusting.
Superpower: She can restore or revert objects or organisms to a previous state in their history through touch. It can repair damage, heal injury, revert chemical changes and complex structures to their raw components (e.g. a table into its constituent timber). she cannot heal herself,cure illnesses (as victims are not considered damaged),or restore life to an organism.
Backstory: Growing up in the walls of the inhuman kingdom, Suzy never got to experience the outside world but dreamed of doing so one day. When S.H.I.E.L.D came to find members for their Paragon team, Suzy jumped on the occasion and joined the team.
Extra: N/A

Frase and Rohan, your characters are approved. Because of how many there are, I'm probably going to close the thread, leaving available spots open for only Cobra and Frost. I'd like to keep the team decently small. Oh, and @StormingCobra55, do you think you might be able to make an Asgardian? We need one for the sake of the main villain.

Could I make an oc who is human, but was genetically modified to do other things as a child or something? And if so, what would that be classified as?
It'd TECHNICALLY be still a human, but to be safe let's say "Metahuman".

Just checked your previous RPing work, looks good. Sure, the last spot in the RP is yours. When you, Cobra and Frost make your characters, I'll make the RP thread.

Well, I'd like for them to not be ripoffs of other characters. We do need at least one Asgardian and we have a ton of Inhumans, so if you want to make an Asgardian then feel free. Probably one of the people that escaped during Hela's rampage.

So I'm making an asgardian character, I have a slight idea for their arrival as well which could be like a mission if you want it to be. Basically him crash landing, freaking out but then the team being able to calm him down and what not.

Anyways I read the backstory for Clarke and I was wondering if I could also make a character that was also one of those civilians that under went Terrigenesis? If not it's cool I can just stick with my asgardian

Yes. This RP takes place within the MCU. We can make additions, but we won’t be contradicting the shows and movies.
So much more potential could be had if this was just a basic Marvel RP but alright.

The mutants were never shown in the movies but only because Disney didn't own them at that point, it doesn't mean they don't exist right? The universe is still Marvel

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't mutants and we've seen no mutants in the MCU or shows, so I'm calling there's no mutants. The Inhumans serve the same purpose, anyways. And yes, it would have potential as a general Marvel RP, but this is designed to be specifically an MCU RP.