• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join RWBY The Next Generation

"So, why did you decide to become a huntsman?" he said taking a bite out of his pizza "I wanted to become stronger. One time when I was little my mom was sick and my father was out hunting so I grabbed one of my dad's old swords and stayed outside to protect my mom from potential Grimm, knowing my mom could...........at the time surely made one show up. I got ready and charged...and charged...and charged at the Ursa but it did nothing and I just ended up hurting myself until my dad came and killed it in one shot. He said, I killed it in one shot while you couldn't even touch it. He kicked me out and I had to live with my grandparents until I got enrolled here. So what I'm trying to say is I wanna get stronger so I can protect my mom." He said taking another bite out of his pizza

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well, my parents aren't in that bad of a situation," Gene said, suddenly looking like he was about to cry, "I came to Beacon as a coping mechanism, for me and my parents. My uncle died shortly before I was born, and I was told I look so much like him, especially with the silver eyes, so every time they looked at me, I reminded them of my uncle. I hope to make my parents proud and maybe even happy, but out of all the schools to attend, I was drawn to Beacon." The pizza didn't taste as good anymore, as he was still saddened by his parents' grief, and it was only amplified by hearing about what happened to Pyro, no one should be kicked out of their own home. He began to well up with tears as he thought about it.

"Hey, hey don't cry dude." He said finishing his pizza "Plus it couldn't be all bad, you got into one of the best schools in Remnant, got free pizza, and make your parents feel safe and/or happy around you, plus you got a friend on the first day of school!" Pyro said trying to lighten the mood "Tell you what when we get back to Beacon you can beat me up in a battle, sounds good?"

"I was going to pay for it anyway," Azure responded, handing his card to the barista. "You probably 'left it' on purpose." He jokingly said, grinning at Sapphire. It took a few minutes for them to get their drinks and food, but once they did, Azure led Sapphire to an outside table.

"You ready for your first year?"

"Im so ready for my first year, I'm so excited sense mommy taught me how to control my glyphs and how to use dust effectivly" Sapphire stated as she sat at the table "So, you still up for our little spar after" the girl questioned as she smirked "or are you too scared that I'm gonna win this time" Sapphire taunted

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene cheered up, "Thank you, you're right," He finished his pizza shortly after he cheered up. He got up from his seat and liked the idea, "Why not, though I won't go easy on you." He cracked his knuckles seeming actually excited to fight.

Before Sapphire could continue to taunt Azure she couldn't help but take a tiny bite out of her cupcake "red velvet, it has always been my favorite, but remember when mommy would scold me saying that if I eat too many sweets I wont be as fit?The girl asked as she laughed at the memory of her mother scolding her and her father trying to protect her....."Sapphire Arc Schnee, you know better than to to eat sweets, they are unhealthy and they have alot of calories!" Weiss screeched "Oh honey, Sapphire only wanted one cupcake" Jaune stated as he placed a hand on his enraged wife's shoulder, "yeah mommy, it's only one cupcake" Sapphire said with a happy smile as she held the cupcake in her hands, "well it is your birthday I guess I'll let it slip this time" her mother finally said as she hugged her only daughter....."that was years ago,that was on my seventh birthday, the day I received this beautiful weapon" Sapphire whispered as she tried not to let the tears slip out "but after that mom and dad were always too busy, they would never make it to my birthday on time, then they would give me a present the next day and leave for a mission" the girl said as a tear slipped out of her eyes

"OK then let's go." Pyro said getting up and pushing in his chair "I'll race you there!" He said running out of the store an keeand sprinting towards the campus "(Let's see if he can keep up with the pro's!)" Pyro said in his head

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene ran rather quickly for a person who's semblance wasn't speed. He turned his sword into a gauntlet and continued to run to campus until he found a sparring field which was on the campus, and he taunted Pyro, "Come at me, show me what you got." It wasn't to disrespect him, it was to get him provoked so he could get a more accurate idea of his power.

Pyro was amazed at how fast Gene was "OK then let's do this!!!" Pyro said unsheathing his blade "Take this!!!" He said charging at Gene with his Sword in hand, Striking the ground near him

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene ran up to Pyro and punched him in the stomach as he charged to him. He then fired a shot of energy at him and converted his gauntlet into a sword and charged at him. He was having fun in the first minutes of a fight, but he needed to make sure that he didn't kill him, only to lower his aura to end this match if it were official. The strike hadn't hit Pyro yet, so he still and time to block.

Pyro then saw the attack coming and switched his Greatsword into a Gun Lance "Gotcha." Pyro said deflecting the sword, jabbing him, and then shot at Gene multiple times "(So he likes to get close and personal huh, let's see if that tactic works when I'm half-way across the battle field and shooting at him from afar)" "How do you like your Beatdown so far?" He said in a joking manner

"I'm always up to spar," Azure replied leaning back in his chair, sipping his drink. He smiled as Sapphire started talking about some past memories. The smile turned to a frown when Sapphire became silent. He could tell she was trying to hold back tears. When he saw a tear fall, he sighed. "That's the trouble having Hunter and Huntress parents. Them always on missions, never home." Azure took a bite of his cake. "You should've seen Mother when she saw that I had broken into the liquor cabinet and drank some of it." He chuckled dryly at the memory of the punishment he received. "I was quite the troublemaker when I was younger."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene quickly recovered from the attack, responding with, "Beatdown? The only way you'd be beating me down is in your sleep, cause you'd be dreaming." He used his gauntlet as a gun and shot Pyro from a far distance, which he followed up by punching the ground, getting a few boulders and tossing them to the sword/gun lance user. They were slow, but if any of the rocks hit, it would do major damage.

Sapphire wiped her tear away and lightly smiled "I bet your gonna have a drinking problem just like uncle Qrow when you grow up and you sound like an old man and you sure look like one too, maybe i should start calling you grandpa Azure" Sapphire teased "and there's no point for me being sad, I'm here in Vale and I'm going to stand Beacon to become the best huntress but the best thing about being here is being here with you Azure, even as kids I really looked up to you even if you were only three years older, and during our spare you would win most of the time, I would always look forward to our spars because everytime you won it gave me reason to become stronger" Sapphire stated as she took a sip of her chai tea latte

Last edited:
Pyro saw the attacks coming so he fired at the rocks but was too slow to stop the bullets but took the hits well "Well I guess I'm asleep cause you've got it coming!" He replied filling the lance with a Blue dust crystal and shooting a "Freeze-beam" towards him "Guess you should Chill out!!!" He said

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Nah thanks, Imma turn up the heat!" He grabbed a red dust crystal and put that as ammo in his gauntlet gun and melted the "Freeze Beam" He lit his gauntlet on fire and punched Pyro with a flaming fist, following it up with a firey slash and told him, "Well if you're asleep, consider this a wake up call, cause I'm winning this fight." There was a small white spark in his eye, he was enjoying this fight, but knew he had the potential to end it.

"That outcome would be pretty shocking, so let's let the sparks fly!!" He said filling up his lance with a yellow dust crystal "You'll be pretty ex-static with this attack!" Pyro said firing multiple electric blasts towards Gene an then charged toward him hoping to hit him while he was distracted by the blasts

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Let's add some cold water to that burn." He pulled out some blue dust and used it to push Pyro back with a powerful blast of water. He then took out a white dust crystal which blew a strong gust of wind that pushed Pyro back even further. It was getting difficult to fight him and do major damage without the use of his semblance, but he felt that he was doing rather well.

Azure chuckled. "I am not old, and I'm not going to be a drunk. It was one time. Haven't touched it since." He took a bite of his cake. "Well, I'm always getting better myself, which is turn making you better. And that is how training should always be: to get better." Azure finished the rest of his drink and nibbled on his cake. "You ready to spar once we get back to Beacon after this? I won't go easy on you."

"OK I think that's a good place to stop." Pyro said turning his Lance back into a Sword and sheathing it "So what do you wanna do now? We can always sign up for ballet." He joked "Seriously though, that was great thinking on your feet."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Yeah, well I have a habit of doing that, one time I tried eating dust, let's just say that didn't go well," Gene told Pyro in a joking tone, even though looking back on it was very embarrassing. "Let's go back to Beacon, there isn't much here for us." He reverted his gauntlet into a sword again and began to walk inside of the building asking Pyro, "You coming?"

"I know you won't go easy on me, you never did go easy on me" the girl stated she then ate the rest of her cupcake, as she thought more about sparring then hilarious memories of the two Schnee cousins sparring during holidays popped out "remember when we would spar on every holiday when our families got together?" Sapphire questioned

Last edited:
"Yeah, the funny thing is that I thought different colored dust had different taste, so Red dust was spicy, White dust was minty and so on." Pyro said chuckling a little "What can we do?" Pyro asked

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I dunno, let's take an unofficial tour of the school, seeing as we'll be living here for four years of our lives." Gene started walking around the school's interior, looking for anything that might seem of interest. He was wondering how his parents were at home if they were proud or even happy for him becoming a huntsman, was it the right call? Of all the things that he could have done to become an instrument of his parents' pride, he chose the path of huntsmen, but now he wanted to know why.

"OK, whaddabout we see what our dorms will be like?" Pyro asked "I want to see how I can improve the layout." Pyro said thinking of potential spots to put his bed and where his desk will be put "I kinda want my bed to be near a window."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene wasn't listening to his friend as well as he usually does, due to him contemplating his desire to be a huntsman, so he apologized, "Sorry, I was just thinking." He wondered if anyone else had silver eyes, like him, he assumed that it was a birth defect, but not many people he knew shared this trait. "Whatever you said, I am okay with."

"OK, to the dorms it is!" Pyro said dragging Gene into a elevator and pressed the button to go to the dorms "What do you want your bed to be?" Pyro asked wondering who they would even be paired with "And what do you like in a teammate?" Pyro asked curiously

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"To answer your first question, my bed would be comfortable, sturdy, and let me sleep peacefully," Gene answered honestly as he saw no reason to lie to Pyro or keep anything hidden or go into detail any further, as he did with his second answer, "A perfect teammate, in my mind, makes up for my weaknesses, can back me up when I am in a pinch and lift my spirits every now and then."

"Those were fun," Azure nodded, finishing his food. "Sometimes it would get a little out of hand but never over the top. It became a bit of a spectacle." Azure stood up and stretched his legs and back. "You ready to head back?"

"I'll try to remember that if we become teammates." Pyro said getting off the elevator "Let's see which room we can-." Pyro said before seeing all the people on the floor bustling about "Welp, there goes my idea. Let's check if the have any training dummies, maybe we can have a competition to see who's better at shooting." Pyro said dragging Gene back into the elevator

"Yeah let's head back so I can beat you during the spar" Sapphire arrogantly stated as she stood up from her chair, "you do realize I have the range advatage, right?" Sapphire asked as she placed her hand on one of the handles for her chain scythe

sSoul

Previously Swirled
And just like that, I've essentially become a doll, Gene thought as he was dragged back into the elevator. He did like the contest idea and perked up again, "I will destroy you, cause I've got a secret weapon." He was referring to his Illusion Semblance, and how he could technically be used to create duplicates of oneself, allowing it to seem that he is shooting more targets, he smiled with his plans in mind.

"I've got one as well." Pyro said thinking of his weapon and semblance "(How can I get myself angry enough to trigger my semblance while using my weapon...Of course!!)" Pyro thought in his head "Wanna make a bet? Whoever can hit the most dummies with a single shot gets 150 lien." Pyro asked to make the game more fun

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Sure, by the time this ends, I'll be 150 lien richer than I am now," Gene said confidently, as he had his ways of getting around this one-shot rule. His semblance was very useful for situations like these and as such, was ready to show how big of a mistake Pyro made when he challenged him.

"Don't get too cocky." Pyro said before getting off the elevator and walking out the building to find some dummies "Little dummies where are you? Daddy is gonna get richer by 150 Lien if I can find you." Pyro said to himself looking for the sparring dummies people could use if they wish to train

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Gene looked around for them as well, Well, I didn't think it would be easy. He used his semblance to create duplicates of himself to cover more ground, one copy of Gene found a dummy and shot it. One by one copied were made and dispatched, the real Gene already shot one, so now his plan could take place.

"That's debatlable," Azure replied, beginning the trek back to Beacon. "All weapons have an effective maximum and minimum range, remember that." As he said this, he pulled out his rapier and twirled it in his hand. "You find one small weakness in your opponent, you can exploit it and win. However, I'm perfect so I don't have one." He stuck out his tongue at Sapphire.

Sapphire quickly grabbed her weapon so she was holding one scythe in each hand while the silver chain connecting the two scythe were located at her back, she then made her chain scythes transform into two shotguns connected by a chain. Sapphire pointed one of the shotguns at Azures head and smirked "you have a weakness Azure,everybody has a weakness, but I won't tell anybody about your weakness" Sapphire said as she made the shotguns transform back into a chain scythe before placing them on her silver belt

Last edited:
The walk back to Beacon was slow but relaxing. Once back on campus, Azure asked around about a training and sparring arena. Some of the returning students gave him directions to the training building. Azure lead Sapphire in the right direction and upon reaching the destination frowned. A sign was posted on the door: "The Training Room is closed to all first years until after initiation. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"Looks like our spar will have to wait," Azure said, sighing.