• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rumour: Keldeo To Get New Forme?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Keldeo.png

Keldeo may still be considered quite a new Pokémon by fans given it won't have been featured in any Pokémon games until the release of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 in Japan later this month, and maybe fans thought they knew almost everything about the Pokémon already, but GameFreak might be about to throw a spanner in the works. A flyer has been going around Japan recently promoting a set of Pokémon toys which will tie-in with the latest Pokémon movie Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordman - Keldeo. The set of toys includes a Keldeo and under its picture on the flyer are the words "Usual Forme." This could mean Keldeo has another forme we've yet to have learnt about.

Read More

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Seems likely that they'll give it a more powerful forme in place of an evolution. That way it can stand alongside the Musketeer trio a bit better.

"Special Power"? Seems more like a new ability than a new Forme, tbh, although I can see it being both. Giving it a new Forme would typically have it surpass the other Musketeers in terms of Base Stats, so I'm thinking that if its a new ability it will be akin to Zen Mode Darmanitan, but the actual change will be more similar to Meloetta in that the stats just shuffle around(maybe even a type change, but that's unlikely).

What I really want from CoroCoro is a full list on the new UnovaDex. I really want to start planning my team :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huh. Keldeo already has that unicorn thing going on, so maybe they'll make it go full pegasus mode? Then it'll really be a MLP. ;)

Linkachu said:
Huh. Keldeo already has that unicorn thing going on, so maybe they'll make it go full pegasus mode? Then it'll really be a MLP. ;)

D: I already dislike Keldeo enough that would make me hate it even more. It needs to get rid of the MLP look because MLP is just plain creepy and the fans even creepier ;<

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:
Seems likely that they'll give it a more powerful forme in place of an evolution. That way it can stand alongside the Musketeer trio a bit better.

It has the same stat total as the other members of the trio and in terms of typing and moves, is probably the best of its group.

If anything, it's standing front and centre, never mind alongside the other three.