• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rules Placement

I have major concerns here

I was kicked from a roleplay for breaking the rules. But I couldn't figure out what they were because I couldn't find a way to access them. So my idea was a more OBVIOUSLY placed Rule Button. On The Green Bar in the VERY TOP of the page! Im sure many things similar to my issue have happened. I would like it if we could end theese issues by making more spots to find the rules. People probally won't look in the forums because they could be so eager to RP like I was,

-Pokecharms Member
Gym Leader Serval!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've had ideas as to how to deal with this problem for a whole, at least in terms of making the rules easier to find. But unfortunately, people will still have to actually go to the effort of reading the rules before posting – there's nothing we can really do about that bit. There's no way to ensure that someone actually understands the rules before letting them post!

Perhaps, once someone signs up, they're redirected to the rule thread. Afterwords, they are to take a short pop quiz on the rules.

You could also do the same thing with entering the roleplay boards- If you click on 'Create a New Thread', you'll be redirected to the roleplay rule thread, where, after reading, they would take another pop quiz.

I dunno. I'm not really sure how much work that would be for you, Teapot. Just an idea.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That's kind of a sure fire way to murder a forum, alas. Most people appear to have the attention span of a goldfish and getting even more in their face about it will just make them dismiss the whole thing as too much trouble for its worth. Kids these days. *grumbles, shaking a cane with a biomechanical tendril* GIT OFF MAH LAWWWWWWN.