• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Ruko's IV Breeding and Safari Hunts

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Welcome to my generic thread! I'm a bit text heavy as I give as many details as possible, but I try to keep as much under sorted spoiler tags as possible and I'm a reasonable person to make exchanges with :)
My availability varies heavily with when I happened to sleep most recently, but I am always connected to the Pokecharms chat which you can access by clicking the "Chat" tab on the top of your page. Left-click my name and select "query" to open up a private conversation with me, and if I'm not around you can at least drop me a quick line.

What I have to offer
  • Every Berry
  • IV Breeding!
  • Nearly every breedable pokemon
  • Every hidden ability available in the X/Y Friend Safari
  • Every hidden ability available in wild pokemon within Alpha Sapphire
  • If an item can be found on a wild pokemon, I'm willing to hunt for it.
  • All of my Shiny Tabs include what the evolved forms will look like. When I see a Shiny looks Similar to its normal sprite, I will include the regular sprite as well for comparison.
    • s163.png
      s164.png

Level 30 Male Hoothoot, caught in Friend Safari
      I am the OT, so it can be nicknamed
      Quirky Nature, IVs 31 in HP/Sp. Defense
      Other IVs are unknown
    • 449-f.png
      s449-f.png
      450-f.png
      s450-f.png

Regular, then Shiny Female Hippopotas + Regular, then Shiny Female Hippowdon.
      The Hippo line is already very color diverse, shiny just gives a greenish tint

Level 16 Female Hippopotas, Caught in Kalos
      I am the OT, so it can be nicknamed
      Naughty Nature, No perfect IVs
      HP/Def Tie for highest, has "Above Average" potential by judge.

What I seek:
  • Pokemon with Hidden Abilities which are unobtainable in Generation VI. I have a small handful of these, but haven't compiled a list of exactly what I lack yet.
  • Not much else, at the moment, but don't be afraid to ask for a trade - unless you're a particularly rude person, I'm probably willing to do it for free.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just stepping in by Ruko's request to remind anyone who is trying to get his attention on chat to read the chat rules prior to entering the channel and actually follow them.

I cannot stress the significance of this enough. Violations of the chat rules may lead to chat bans, and you can't really orchestrate a trade on chat when you're banned from said chat.

That is all. ^^

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I can get you a Roseli Berry. I won't ask you to part with your Hippopotas since I don't have any Shinies to compensate with. I'm sure we can figure out what Pokemon to trade in chat. :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
With my Maison team complete and IV breeding items in my hands, I'm now open to IV breeding!
First post updated to include this, and thread title hopefully changed soon as well.

*Blows the dust off Black and Black 2

I have thirteen of the Pokemon you want to keep!
Elgyem
Oshawott
Cottonee
Yamask
Bouffalant
Cherrim
Tynamo
Darumaka
Buneary
Frillish
Koffing
Finneon
Vigoroth

As I have next to nothing in XY, anything is good for me.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
First posted updated!
I'm down to only 12 non-legendary pokemon I need for dex completion!

[Edit]

And now I have Total Dex completion!

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I hatched an Iron Fist Chimchar for you if you're still on the market for Hidden Abilities. As we agreed in Chat previously, I'd like a Spiritomb in return :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Pssst Ruko I need some berriessss :'D most notably I need Starf, Lansat, and Enigma, the latter two just being me having no time to actually try to get so many Maison wins. Sadly, I do not have anything else I can really offer due to lack of resources, but I do have a few too many Eevee/Chinchou/Skarmory/Cleffa if you want those? XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Skarmory and Chinchou tie for favorite in that lot, though I'm significantly more interested in chinchou if they have water absorb. Will take Skarmory if they don't.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Generic thread bump!
[I can do that after two months, right?]

As I migrate over to Alpha Sapphire, I'm getting a bit tired of having a completely full friends list.. so I'm going to start deleting folks I'd added only for safari pokemon. Before I do, I'm going on a massive safari hunt to catch every one of the safari pokemon with hidden abilities so I can maintain access to them through breedings.

That said, I'll be much less inclined to just hand them out for free, or at least get them quickly if I have to breed, hatch and check for HA before trading the pokemon over...

TL;DR

Last call for free Safari Pokemon,
Post within the next few days if you need any of them.

Visit THIS WEBSITE for a nice checklist when you click the "SafariDex" tab at the top to see which pokemon you might be missing.

I reserve the right to refuse overly large requests, but I likely won't so long as I'm not rushed.

May I request a Marvel Scale Dratini so I can have a Multiscale Dragonite. I'd appreciate a non-hacked one.

Edit: And an Infiltrator Noibat would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Could you catch like one of each 'mon for all of the safaris save for Normal (still need Dunsparce, Loudred, Kecleon, and Smeargle), Ghost (still need Spiritomb), and Flying (Spearow, Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Swanna, Rufflet, and Hawlucha)? Danke very muchly :'D I'll give you any and everything you want when I get the games <333

Oh gosh, is there any chance that you have or can catch a Dugtrio, Kecleon, Makuhita, Zebstrika and Nosepass with their HA? I've been looking everywhere for these with no luck. :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
May I request a Marvel Scale Dratini so I can have a Multiscale Dragonite. I'd appreciate a non-hacked one.
Edit: And an Infiltrator Noibat would be nice as well.
Yes.
Oh gosh, is there any chance that you have or can catch a Dugtrio, Kecleon, Makuhita, Zebstrika and Nosepass with their HA? I've been looking everywhere for these with no luck. :)
Yes.
Could you catch like one of each 'mon for all of the safaris save for Normal (still need Dunsparce, Loudred, Kecleon, and Smeargle), Ghost (still need Spiritomb), and Flying (Spearow, Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Swanna, Rufflet, and Hawlucha)? Danke very muchly :'D I'll give you any and everything you want when I get the games <333
:'| No.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I PM'd you the stuffs I wanted, plus a Pickpocket Sneasel (which I mentioned in chat but not in the PM). Sorry about that XDDDDD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Just posting a cutoff now - I'm going to move on to hunting in Alpha Sapphire now, and I'll catalog a list of my hidden abilities soon. If a pokemon can be found in the hoenn wild, it can be found with its hidden ability and you're free to request it even if it isn't on my list.

If anyone wants me to attempt to chain a shiny for them, you're free to request with or without offer. I just reserve the right to take as much time as I like in doing it, as well as the freedom to refuse if I find this gets too annoying with time.