• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open RP: Pokemon League Takeover sign ups and discussion

Which region would best suit this RP?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

• Sinnoh

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Kalos

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Ok so I just randomly had this idea and wanted to see if anyone would be interested. I've never started my own RP before but this idea was too good to pass up.

Looks like Unova and Kalos tied in the poll and since no one gave a reason Why they chose Kalos I am doing this is Unova.

Two more years have passed since BW2 and Ghetsis has unfortunately recovered from his temporary madness. Therefore, Team Plasma is at it yet again, this time with some prodigious new admins (who can be OCs for those of you who like RPing as OCs. Maximum of 3 admins.)
They have decided to repeat their previous plan of taking over the League, this time by brute force rather than deceiving N to do their dirty work. If they can get a hold of the league in it's entirety, the will essentially be in control of Unova's government. However, with no random child to stop them this time, it's finally time for the League itself to rise up and defend its glory.
The Gym Leaders and Elite Four are ready and willing to do everything in their power to put a stop to Plasma's plans.

List of roles:
Each participant is allowed 2 characters at the moment, but if enough people are interested, I'll lower it to one.

Cheren
Roxie
Burgh
Elesa
Clay- @JohnsonAce
Skyla--Me
Drayden- @JohnsonAce
Marlon
Grimsley--Me
Caitlin
Shauntal
Marshal- @Ry_Burst
Iris- @*that* guy
Ghetsis- @Trainer_Zander
Shadow Triad 1-@Ry_Burst
Shadow Triad 2- @SMRPG64
Shadow Triad 3
3 Team Plasma Admin OCs
1.Raiza- @EmperorBumpaDump
Ryoku- RESERVED
Bronius- RESERVED
Giallo- RESERVED

Rules:
NO SWEARING. Please.
Correct grammar/capitalization/spelling. Again, please.
Those are the big ones.
I'll add less important ones later because I need to do homework.

Last edited:
Um sorry to double post, but I have a genuine reason...
I really want to know why whoever you 3 people are that picked Kalos...picked Kalos?
Reasoning would be great since...their villain team leader like...died?
If no one actually gives me a reason why they picked Kalos then I'll just start sign ups in either Unova or Kalos.

Heyyy someone who agrees with me!
I thought the same myself, as their leaders seem more willing to stand up for the league as shown at the end of BW.
Plasma also already tried this idea, so it's already something they thought of.

Still wondering about Kalos though.
I thought it would be the worst one for this, aside from maybe Hoenn.

Well the thing with Kalos is that if I remember correctly, Lysandre died, so what would Team Flare even do?

And with Hoenn, all Magma/Aqua wanted was water and land and that has like zero connection to the league xD

Anyway, thanks for the feedback :D

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Let's see:
  • Kanto and Johto had Team Rocket and the basic crimes they do are stealing. They could take over the league because they don't all want to destroy the region
  • Hoenn-Not everyone wanted the summoning of Kyogre and Groudon I believe in team Magma and Aqua. What you could do is have a third team created from the ashes of members of both teams
  • Sinnoh-Team Galactic could definitely pull of some revives as some leaders like Charon weren't properly arrested.
  • Unova- as you say, Team Plasma have pulled off a revive before and they've done the thing where they've faced the gym leaders. However, it may be not as exciting, due to the fact that it has already been done. I personally want to see what the gym leaders from other regions can do.
  • Kalos- with Lysandre gone, this would just be a group of scientists running this. You could have Lysandre somehow come magically back though. The new goal of the team could be to take over the league instead. I know it's far from their original goal like you said, but it could work, if you make it happen.
The above are my views. I generally support the Unova argument. However, I believe it may not be original enough. You may need to use another region so we can see how the other gym leaders could fare. If you try, I believe you can make any region work. This may even be the case for Alola, even though you said you're not doing it. The fact is, is that this will be set in the future, which will give due course for new things to develop. It doesn't have to be exactly the same as the games. In some regions, the gym leaders did not explore the character of the gym leader as much as Unova, for example, I believe Hoenn, in the Saphire and Ruby and ORAS games specifically, focused primarily on Steven and Wallace.

Just state which character(s) you want.
They're already established characters so no need for anything else.

Dang I posted this at the same time you did, and unfortunately I already settled on Unova.
:( I do think Kanto/Johto would also work really well though...

Just state which character(s) you want.
They're already established characters so no need for anything else.

Dang I posted this at the same time you did, and unfortunately I already settled on Unova.
:( I do think Kanto/Johto would also work really well though...
Yes, I think Kanto and Johto would have definitely worked. I guess the voting thing wasn't needed. (Looks up, see is Kalos won the vote) .I shall sign up soon.

So, are the gym leaders just the same gym leaders from Pokemon black and white 2 (the sequels)? How many years will this be in comparison to the games as if it is too long from them then the gym leaders may have changed.

Could I make a request for the gym leaders Roxie, Burgh, Clay and maybe Drayden please? And if possible, elite four member Grimsley?

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course~ I'll add you to the list.
I've posted which characters i wanted above in the post you liked. You probably didn't see it since I edited it, but would it be possible if I could have Clay, Drayden and Grimsley please? I may also want Roxie and Burgh but I fear I may be taking too many characters, so what would be the character limit? I'll post sets in future posts.

I already have Grimsley, but you can certainly have Clay and Drayden.
I limited it to two for now, if I find that more people are interested I may lower it to one, or if less are interested I may increase it. For now I just chose 2 :)

O., yeah, im gonna throw him, Ninjask and Accelgor in the team then. They just pooped into my head. You know actual ninja-like pokemon.
Doesn't one of the other ones have an Accelgor?

I already have Grimsley, but you can certainly have Clay and Drayden.
I limited it to two for now, if I find that more people are interested I may lower it to one, or if less are interested I may increase it. For now I just chose 2 :)
When did you say that you took Grimsley? For now, I think I'll take Clay and either Drayden or Shauntel please, as I haven't decieded for the second one.

Another question: How many years from Pokemon black and white 2 is this set? I have an idea. Since not all of the Seven Sages appeared in this sequel game, I was thinking that we could include the ones who didn't get airtime in, heck, even the whole seven of them. Ghetsis has kinda been used a lot though and so it also leads to the question of who is leading Team Plasma now?

When did you say that you took Grimsley? For now, I think I'll take Clay and either Drayden or Shauntel please, as I haven't decieded for the second one.

Another question: How many years from Pokemon black and white 2 is this set? I have an idea. Since not all of the Seven Sages appeared in this sequel game, I was thinking that we could include the ones who didn't get airtime in, heck, even the whole seven of them. Ghetsis has kinda been used a lot though and so it also leads to the question of who is leading Team Plasma now?
Yeah but he needs an army of ninjas, plus i wanted a Absol.
I'm down with giving the seven sages more time or characterization. Maybe have Rood as a good guy, cause he is like reformed.

Apart from the gym leaders and the elite four, how many other official characters are we allowed to take? Tempted to take one of Team Plasma's leaders, whoever that may be.

I had myself down for Grimsley and Skyla ever since I added the character list, and the length of time between BW2 and this RP was also in the OP.
But....it's 2 years again, because why not?

I totally forgot about the sages, but Rood is obviously not supportive of Plasma anymore, and I barely remember the names of the rest haha :'|
Were there any that were clearly still pro-Plasma after BW2?

Ghetsis certainly has been pretty overused but I don't know who else would take the role. Would Ghetsis be kicked out due to insanity and the Shadow Triad take charge? Maybe?

I had myself down for Grimsley and Skyla ever since I added the character list, and the length of time between BW2 and this RP was also in the OP.
But....it's 2 years again, because why not?

I totally forgot about the sages, but Rood is obviously not supportive of Plasma anymore, and I barely remember the names of the rest haha :'|
Were there any that were clearly still pro-Plasma after BW2?

Ghetsis certainly has been pretty overused but I don't know who else would take the role. Would Ghetsis be kicked out due to insanity and the Shadow Triad take charge? Maybe?
Zinzoln was the main supporter of Ghetsis out of the Seven Sages. That's why he was like the second in charge. What would become of Corless, who assumed the role of leader before Ghetsis was discovered in the plot of BW2?

Although Zinzolin was loyal to Ghetsis. I doubt he would take part in this new attack. I read on Bulbapedia that he was remorseful at the end of the game and possibly fled the area. Gorm would probably support Ghetsis. The other three (Ryoku, Bronius and Giallo) weren't see in BW2 so we could use our artistic licences to create Gorm and the other three as admins who would support the uprising. Since Ryoku was last seen in the Relic castle with Volcarona, maybe he caught the Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zinzoln was the main supporter of Ghetsis out of the Seven Sages. That's why he was like the second in charge. What would become of Corless, who assumed the role of leader before Ghetsis was discovered in the plot of BW2?

Although Zinzolin was loyal to Ghetsis. I doubt he would take part in this new attack. I read on Bulbapedia that he was remorseful at the end of the game and possibly fled the area. Gorm would probably support Ghetsis. The other three (Ryoku, Bronius and Giallo) weren't see in BW2 so we could use our artistic licences to create Gorm and the other three as admins who would support the uprising. Since Ryoku was last seen in the Relic castle with Volcarona, maybe he caught the Pokemon.
Ah, alrighty then~
I actually support this. Having them alongside the three new admins will make the numbers a little less biased toward the league's side. :3
I'll add them!

Um, sorry for not responding for a while. I think I could make a character to lead Team Plasma, if you could give me some time.
This won't be actually starting for a while, we're still working out little plot details and characters so take your time! :)

Ive got an idea for what Ryoku could look like in his new robes: a dark green robe, same shape as Zinzolin and Rood's robes. There could be red and white sun decals on parts of his clothing. His team could involve the Pokemon Volcarona. Another question (sorry, I'm just very curious): In the first post you edited the three sages in. Are these the three Team Plasma admins?

I'm good with that appearance, I like the tie to Volcarona with the sun pattern.~
And no they are not the admins. Well, they're similar, but I decided to do both to make the numbers more even between the league and Plasma.
Would they be above or below the admins in the hierarchy? What I mean is, would they take orders from the admins?

Hey everyone. I have the team I have planned for the new boss of Team Plasma. Here it is, I'll give more information later.
upload_2017-1-27_16-22-16.png