• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open RP idea - discussion

This is my first time posting here, after a 2 year break. I've got an interesting rp idea, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to start a new thread and keep it running. So, if enough people would be interested in such a roleplay, then we could create it together.

A roleplay inspired by La Casa de Papel
If you haven't watched the show, then don't worry! The plot is actually very simple and I'll try to explain it without any major spoilers
(beware, minor spoilers!)

The introduction:
A group of criminals is planning to perform the biggest heist in history, stealing an unbelievable amount of money. They are led by an extremely intelligent person called The Professor who helps them from his secret hideout. Then, the day finally comes. The gang carefully follows the plan, but several hours later, they end up being locked in a giant bank with dozens of hostages, surrounded by police forces. The police eventually manages to send a negotiator and then the fun begins...

RP idea:
In this RP, there would be 3 roles
  • The gang: a group of 3-6 people who are locked inside the bank along with the hostages. They are heavily armed and trained in combat. They wear masks and use nicknames (in the show they use city names as nicknames) to protect their identity. The professor could be an NPC character, so everyone could control him, but if someone thinks they could handle being a criminal mastermind then it could be a separate role
  • The hostages are locked inside the bank along with the robbers. They wear the same clothes and masks as the robbers, so the police can't tell them apart. There are dozens of hostages in the bank, so this group would have no size limitations, I think that up to 3 OCs per person would be acceptable, while the rest of hostages would be NPCs. Their goal is obvious, survive the heist, while trying to escape.
  • The police could even be controlled by a single person (as the negotiator) but as the saying goes, "the more, the merrier". Their goal would be simple: free the hostages while trying to prevent the robbers from stealing the cash. "But how?" you may ask. They wouldn't negotiate directly with the robbers, but with The Professor himself. Try to secure as much money as possible, without risking the hostages' lifes.
I know that this is a very ambitious idea and it'll probably fail, but I'll still ask you for help. I'd love to see a roleplay like this. I'm open to any suggestions and you can ask me any questions (but don't expect me to reply quickly, I'm having a rough week rn).

Someone did finally notice this thread :)) If more people would be interested, then I could start this RP.

But the problem is that this site's community prefers different kind of roleplays (high schools, superpowers etc.) so I doubt this roleplay will get more recognition. Anyways, let's hope that this idea will become a decent roleplay someday.

This does look really neat, I'd love to help see this brought to life! I love crime stories so much, and I'm so sad that we don't see as much support for them around 'Charms.

Also, I hope your week is getting better :)

Since this thread has gained some attention, I decided to bring this idea to life. It's a very complex roleplay, so writing it will take some time, but don't worry - I'll tag you as soon as I create it.

But there are still some things left to discuss, like the robbers' appearance (I'd go with medieval bird masks and city names), the setting (where will the rp take place, for example it could be New York or Paris) and the roleplay name (obviously).

Also, to avoid confusion, I'll draw a map of the bank from scratch. I'll try to make it simple and clear but also maintain a sufficient amount of details. It'll take some time but I think it'll be done the next week.

Anyways, thanks for all the support. If you have any suggestions, then feel free to share them. Stay tuned for more updates!