• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Royalty's Third Dimension - sWo Art Thread

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First things first, me and drawing don't get along. I'm the oddball in a family of artists, the only one who hasn't a speck of talent in drawing. On the rare occasions that I am able to draw something that doesn't look like a complete mess, it usually takes me about 10 times as long to do it as anyone in my family would. Case in point: one instance had me take 6 hours to do a drawing that took my brother (who managed to inherit the artistic talent in the family) 30 minutes, and my mom and dad are just as good, if not better in my dad's case, than he is. Fact is, I suck nuts at drawing. On the plus side, my abilities in Maths and English vastly outstrip anyone in my family, so my poor drawing skills were at least balanced out by skills elsewhere...too bad I hate Maths and probably wouldn't be caught dead in an RP board.

So, since I need an artistic crutch of sorts to make up for the fact that I have no coordination with a pencil whatsoever, I decided to do 3D art instead, because apparently I can use a mouse and keyboard just fine and I haven't gone blind from screen-glare just yet. After a few years of practice, 3D modelling became one of my greatest skills, sitting just behind kicking the people's ass in battle and a handful of other things.

So...yeah, here's the stuff:

cfa5c43308d0fbbd7cf74163b44efb11.jpg

No idea why this one was so popular on my dA, guess people just love Combee.

Pinsir_by_KingOfLucario.jpg

Everyone forgets poor Pinsir exists, so I made this to show that I still appreciate the Gen I bug.

hydreigon_by_kingoflucario-d3clsfp.jpg

Best saved for last, since I feel the Hydreigon model outstrips the other two in quality by a pretty wide margin.

I'll try and keep this thread updated as much as I can, all (intelligent) comments are appreciated. Any stupid ones, and I'll banish you to the Void myself.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I remember seeing some of these on dA~ Especially the combee one, yesh. :3

I really like how you did Hydreigon, with that hyper beam about to be shot from its maw (I think it's hyper beam?) and all that texture on it and the lighting and whatnot. The background is nift too :D

...I'm tempted to make some lame joke about firing mah lazors, but naaaaaah |D

I certainly do like the Combee, and it works well with the 3D style of modelling when it comes to its regular shape. Hydreigon is most definitely my favourite though. The bristly hairs are consistent, and I like the range of textures overall.

I'd happily see more ^^