• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Route 228

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find a better forum for it though. If it is in the wrong place, my apologies ahead of time.

Ok, onto the matter at hand. Route 228.
route228.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to that part outlined in red. As far as I can tell the only way into it is through that slope just past the first bike bridge, but there's not nearly enough room to get enough momentum for you to ride up it with your bike. So how to you get to that spot? The only slope is useless and none of the bike bridges are helpful.
Am I just missing something obvious here? Or is there something hidden I just don't know about?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The answer is the first sand slope from the south and requires some quick finger work and timing to turn at the corner and then again onto the ramp (although you could approach it from the right as I believe it only takes two 'movement squares' to reach full speed on the bike). Just keep at it and I am sure you will eventually get up it no problem.

Well, you're not missing out on much, there's just some berries up there, an old guy in a house who says some unimportant rubbish and a psychic trainer. None the less, I can help you.

Now, obviously there isn't enough room for momentum right in front of the slope, but there's plenty along that straight and narrow part right next. Now you're gonna love trying to do this. What you need to do is ride up that straight part next to it as fast as possible and at the last minute, quickly change direction. You have to very quickly go right then up all within, like, half a second. It takes me about eight goes to get up there, it certainly isn't easy. Hope that helps you!

Well, you're not missing out on much, there's just some berries up there, an old guy in a house who says some unimportant rubbish and a psychic trainer.
Yeah, I figured, but it's pretty much the last place in Platinum I haven't been, and it's driving me crazy.

Anyway thanks to both of you for the help :)