• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Route 217

"I don't think I can get up there!" Nancy called back, giggling, but impressed. She watched as Chu scaled it, in awe, but after a moment went back to the berries. Still unable to decide, she grabbed a few of each, and hurried after Kaiyo, carrying them carefully like they were the most precious thing in the world. When she eventually got to where he was working, she placed them all down. "Excuse me?" She asked politely, but eagerly "which ones do you think I should have? They all look so good!!!" She smiled happily like she was in 7th heaven!

Robin laughed softly as he imagined Kaiyo surrounded by a small gang of Piplups. It seemed to fit him, for some reason. Maybe because the clothes he was wearing made him look a bit like a penguin. But before Robin could continue the conversation, there was a banging at the front door. The swordsman looked over to find Shade's Houndoom dragging in a weak and shivering teenager, with a strange, small, whipped-cream looking Pokemon following along. Another person stranded in the storm? She looked terrible, and even more poorly equipped than Fuji had.
"Aw, damn." Robin muttered, a fresh flow of adrenaline and panic entering his system and burning off the exhaustion. The blue haired swordsman jumped up from his position on the couch, running to the girl's side. She was breathing, thank goodness, but didn't look good. Shade's Houndoom had already began to remove the girl's wet clothes, but was clearly having trouble.

"Hyoga, go get another blanket please. This girl is going to need one." Robin called over to the Glaceon Pokehuman. He gently removed the girl's damp coat, quickly removing other wet clothes she had on her. Robin darted back to his backpack, taking out some cloth scraps from his ruined shirt and using them to dry off the girl some more. Now that was done, Robin gently picked up Kiki and carried her to the couch where he had been sitting before. It was near the fire, but not too close. For a finishing touch, Robin took his winter parka from where the Absol had left it and draped it over Kiki's upper body. It was no blanket, but it would do until one was brought. Done with that, Robin sat down and let out a breath. He looked over to Shade's Houndoom before nodding and smiling at the dark type.
"You're a smart one, aren't you?" Robin said to the Houndoom. He looked over to where Shade was sitting. "Excuse me, miss Shade. Is it okay if I pet your Houndoom?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Absol carefully watched Shade's hand, and flinched slightly when the human began to pet her. But as the human continued to pet her, she couldn't help but to relax more. It felt... Pretty good. For some reason, it was comforting.

"<O-okay...>" The Absol said to Lux. While the spoken assurances of both Lux and the Houndoom helped put her more at ease, she couldn't help the uneasiness she felt around the other dark-type.

Last edited:
⠀⠀⠀”You mean… What kind of Pokémon are my teammates? Well, Kaiyo is, if ‘ya haven’t already guessed, is an Empoleon. There’s a Tropius, a Luxray, an Altaria, and a Scizor. If you see them in their human forms, don’t worry, you’ll be able to tell which Pokémon they are, now that I’ve told you what Pokémon they can be.”
⠀⠀⠀Hyoga’s attention shifted to the soft banging noises over at the entrance hall. He walked over to the entrance, but stopped in his tracks when the Houndoom rushed over to the door to open it to reveal an Alcremie begging for help. Doom acted fairly quickly by dragging out a girl from the snow. He was surprised to see an Alcremie here, more than seeing a nearly frozen corpse. He’s actually seen this sight far too often, so he’s numb to it. The last time Hyoga saw an Alcremie was at a restaurant in Galar. She was a PokéConverter user too and very tiny and pink. This one was more blue and had yellow eyes instead of a red.
⠀⠀⠀When Robin commanded him to retrieve a blanket, he low-key felt like another trainer was giving him commands. It felt weirdly nostalgic.
⠀⠀⠀He quickly shook off the feeling, “‘Kay.” He swiftly went up the east stairs and found Suta, still in her Luxray form, laying down and staring at the floor.
⠀⠀⠀”Hello Suta.” the Glaceon man waves at the electric type lynx. She appears to ignore him and continues to stare at the ground.
⠀⠀⠀”I can always trust you to have enlightening conversations.” He sarcastically remarks before opening the south east door. He yanked the blanket off the bed and quickly made it downstairs to cover the female newcomer.

—————​

⠀⠀⠀“You want a suggestion? Hm… Well, Lum berries are hard to find in the wild. I’m not sure if you’ll like its taste, but I would suggest that one since they are my favorite. They’re the round green ones, I believe Kyoryu just picked them out in a basket over there.” Kaiyo pointed to a woven basket that the human Kyoryu left earlier.
⠀⠀⠀<My personal favorite berries are Pecha berries. It almost tastes like candy.> The fruit Pokémon innocently says.

Lena shivered in the cold as Ulysse closely followed behind her, hugging her trying to keep her warm. They tried to progress through the route as their footsteps crunch in the snow. The flurry of white particles harshly nipped at Lena mostly at Ulysse's arms and face, but he didn't care, so long as his trainer was okay. He can get hypothermia and still be fine with it since that meant his trainer possibly is not getting hurt either.

He heard a small whimper come out of Lena, and instantly stopped in his tracks to see if something was wrong. And he was right. She stopped moving as well. Her expression was blank, her eyelids were closed, and while she seemed to look mostly alive, she wasn't conscious. Ulysse then started to carry her, princess style, and picked up the pace. While this did mean that he can not cover her from the malicious weather, he wanted to make sure his trainer did not perish out in the snow. As much as he did not mind having no voice, these moments makes him wish he does.

He sees a silhouette in the flurry of white. He tries to get closer, squinting at it to make sure he did not lose his sight either. It starts to take the shape of a mansion for every step he took, and at some point he started to run towards it, relieved that he managed to find a place to rest at for both him and his trainer.

He approached the doors, trainer in hands, but paused for a moment before taking further action. He found it hard to believe someone lived here, especially in this kind of environment, but then again, his trainer is in need of help. She is his upmost concern at the moment. He places her down gently so that his large fist knocks on the door urgently and loudly before picking her back up again. He hopes for someone to answer, as he taps his foot lightly waiting for a response.

*NOTE: my crackhead time is over, just changed my entrance to my actual entrance

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Folks. And by folks I mean our newcomers.
Kindly read the RP forum rules.
You're posting in present tense, and that's not allowed. Third person, past tense, story format.

You would also do well to remember that the Pokemon World is not Earth, it would not feature media from Earth - and while some local equivalent to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure might exist, the exact song from it wouldn't. Also, remember that youtube videos have no business being linked in RP forum threads. You could use words to describe that the character blasted a particular song from a popular animated series and maybe give your readers some sense as for what kind of song it is. But frog's sake.

Kindly edit your posts to the appropriate tenses (I've already removed the random song link) and be more mindful of this nonsense in the future.

Last edited:
Chu looked down at the question of berries. She preferred Pecha Berries and when Kyoryu mentioned he liked them, she exclaimed in an exciting fashion. <So do I!>

Meanwhile, Shade nodded to Robin, giving him permission to pet Doom. She was still petting the Absol, trying to soothe her as much as possible. "You know, I have an Absol, just like you. She was quite petrified of Bug-Types, but I helped her overcome her fear. It took a while, but I'm sure you can overcome your fear of Dark-Types. It will just take time. And if you want some more consolation, I trained my Houndoom to be very well behaved. You have no need to fear with my Pokemon. I will do this for anyone and any Pokemon, but if anyone were to hurt you, I'll make sure to protect you, even if that means standing in front of an attack that would mutilate me."

Lux looked on at Shade with awe. He couldn't believe she would do that to a Pokemon she hardly knew. Shade saw the amazed look on the Luxio's face and smiled sweetly. "Yes, of course I will. Even to a Pokemon or a person I hardly know."

Fuji just rested there, leaving his eyes closed and listening. Soon, the conversations muddled together and he slowly drifted back to sleep.

Meanwhile, Doom sat up straight and awaited to get petted, panting a bit in content.

Shade and Doom heard the knock at the door, but they could hear Hyoga coming back downstairs, so they allowed him to get the door.

The Absol listened to the human woman as she continued to pet her, managing to relax more bit by bit. Not having been around many humans, the dark-type didn't really know what the woman was saying. But whatever it was, it was in a calming and comforting tone. The Absol focused on what the woman was saying, managing to get a little bit of what she was saying. The human wasn't going to hurt her, and neither was anyone else here. Noticing Lux's shocked expression, the Absol looked between the Luxio and Shade with a slightly confused expression.
"<You can understand them?>" The Absol asked Lux.

Seeing the nod of approval from Shade, Robin smiled and began to pet Doom. The Houndoom's fur was soft and warm, and it felt nice to the touch. There was nothing quite as relaxing as petting Pokemon, and Robin needed a bit of relaxation. All this running around and first aid was starting to stress him out. Robin began petting behind Doom's horns, working his way down it's neck and avoiding the white ridges. After a few moments of petting the dog-like Pokemon, Robin heard the knock at the door. The swordsman let out a small groan as he continued petting the Houndoom.
"Please let that be just a fully healthy person stopping by for a cup of tea or something. This room's starting to look more like an infirmary than a living room." Robin said as he continued petting Doom.