• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rotom's Secret - What did you pick?

Today is the first day on the US/Canada Rotom giveaway, I was wondering what variation of Rotom you guys decide to get. I personally got myself the Grass/lawnmower o'doom Rotom for sheer looks. I have all the types pretty well covered on my team anyway so its just for kicks :p.

So what about you guys, which form did you pick and do you intend to use it for either in-game or wifi?

i have to agree with you on the lawnmower rotom Jeydis. If looks could kill, it would definitely take the cake. I'm more then likely going to use it in game, but i might feel bored one day to make a team with him in it. I just wonder if you can have every form of rotom on your game at once, since he's breedable.

Personally, I love how all of them look, so then it kind of came down to what the extra move would be with each. Considering the majority of Pokemon I use on Wi-Fi are weak to fighting or ground, I'm either picking the fan or refrigerator, although most likely the fan so I can Paralyze/Confuse/Flinch the pokemon into submission, which will be fun for me.

Also, on a side note, according to the little booklet in the room where you can change forms, it says that it changes back on Wifi and Union Rooms, so it will probably lose the new move as well, so I'd probably use it in-game only, although I may get another one and make it for Wi-Fi.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I don't have that, what with no platinum and not living in your country, but I'd never be able to pick the Grass Rotom without calling it "GrinChao :D"

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since I've got a US copy of Platinum, I've effectively been able to join in on the event all the way from across the pond without even leaving my house.

I picked Heat Rotom myself - can't say no to a Pokemon that can murder Steel-types with ease and grill your sandwiches for you at the same time. That said, Fan Rotom's Paralyze/Confuse/Flinch hax abilities would be quite fun to mess around with.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Since I've got a US copy of Platinum, I've effectively been able to join in on the event all the way from across the pond without even leaving my house.

I didn't realise I could do that. I was reading through these posts, came across your post and couldn't believe what I read XD

Well, as of five minutes ago I chose the Lawnmower. I've always like him the most, mainly for his evil grin.

Does this mean I'll need to go with all the American dates on Platinum from now on that happen over Wi-Fi? If so it's a good job I read this now, rather than later.

I haven't gotten it yet. Heck, I haven't even play Platinum once yet.

But I'm all for the Oven. Heat Rotom is my personal favourite. And Overheat is swell move. I've got nothing against murdering the annoying Steelix now, do I?

Hopefully I can get to Toys R Us today. I really like the washing machine form. I would finally have an eletric type with a water move, instead of the other way around. After that slap on a rain dance and it's over.

If you have a US copy of Plat, you dont need to go to the store MoonDoggie. Just activate your mystery gift function and get it off wifi. :D

I chose Frost Rotom. I love the design, and Blizzard is very handy.

I intend to use it in-game, due to my lack of a good WiFi team.

I just need to figure out how to send the Secret Key to one of my friends. I've read somewhere it was shareable...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I just need to figure out how to send the Secret Key to one of my friends. I've read somewhere it was shareable...

I was wondering that myself, but for different reasons. I'm probably not going to keep my current save of Platnium forever, but I don't want to lose access to the Secret Key when I restart either. If I had someone handy to transfer it to me again once I'd reset the game, there wouldn't be an issue.

Truth be told, I've barely looked into how the Secret Key works and what you can do with it. The most I know is that you take it somewhere (not even quite sure where offhand) and can use it to transform your Rotom into the 5 new forms... XD

Anyways, when I finally do get around to using the key I'll probably pick either the Mow or Frost form. They're just the two I find most amusing design-wise.

I chose all 5 forms lol, by breeding 5 Rotom not that I'll ever use any of them. However personally I like lawnmower rotom the best out of all of them because he looks the coolest and it learns a better move them some of the others.