• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rose Petal Village (Romance RP)

“Slow down there?” Duke repeated the words in a questioning manner, before smiling wide and shaking his head. “Don’t worry, I don’t intend to do that again. I’m tóó old for that nonsense.” Too old? Not a chance! Duke was mature, definitely, but he wasn’t old. At least not old enough to use that statement without joking. “Your motif as a contest Pokémon?” Duke looked back and somewhat inspected the ragdoll cat on his back before responding to the question. “I’d have to say by your manner of speaking I’d deem you regal as well, yet your, ehr, posture?” He smiled wide as he referred to the ragdoll-state of Cirrus, “It’s, ehr, less.. regal..”

Duke smiled, as he continued to walk along the trail. “So, if you’d work on your posture a bit, you could pass for a Duchess. Every Duke needs a Duchess after all.” Duke chuckled. He knew very well Duchess was the female title, but otherwise his subtle attempt at drawing a connection between the two wouldn’t have worked.

Illusive gave Sino a kiss. He said" Thank you. Seeing you like this gives me bravery." He walked to the door and held it open for Sino. He said" After you beautiful. I would follow you anywhere. You lead and I will follow. I would willingly be your slave if you asked me to. You are perfect in every way.

Sino smiled as the carnival was up ahead "Hurry lets go!" Sino said as she grabbed him kissing and nuzzling him

Delta smiled at him as she approached the carnival ,The light blinded her for a few moments as her eyes adjusted to the lights

Illusive ran into the carnival with Sino. He looked around at all the options for entertainment. He asked" What should we do first?" He then nuzzled Sino back. He said" I'm glad I met you. I love you. You are so beautiful. I haven't seen anything more beautiful then you."

Cirrus immediately tensed, all four legs sticking straight up in the air as he went stiff as a board. He'd made himself into a silly sight, for sure, but there was something to be said for the balance required in the act, at least until he rolled off to land briskly on his feet. "Posture? Posture? What brings the regal sort such as yourself to make such a pre-posture-ous claim?" He joked, tail flicking at nothing, before he lowered his head in acceptance. "True. Other than cheap vaudeville, I'm yet to hone any of the skills the art of performance really requires. Please though, do go on talking. Everything you say manages to be interesting, and I'm finding myself increasing drawn to that Duchess role." He chimed, hopping unceremoniously back onto Duke's back with the face of the cat who ate the canary.

“Pre-posture-ous. I think I’m feeling sick. Oh,” Duke let himself drop down to the ground in the most dramatic manner he could muster, yet at the same time making sure Cirrus wouldn’t fall off, “Oh, it hurts. I don’t think I’m going to make it.” Could he have been less dramatic about that one, single pun? Yes, of course, but where’s the fun in that? Duke laid his head down on the trail, chin against the path as he hung his tongue out of his mouth with an unflattering ‘ughhh’. Indicating the oh so regal Furfrou had died from the before mentioned pun.

Duke laid there, on the trail, not caring whether or not anyone would look at him weirdly. All he cared about was amusing his company, oh, and making it abundantly clear it was a horrible pun. Which is, of course, also the very best kind of pun. For it is the nature of good puns to be excruciatingly bad.

"Egad! Dearest Duke, hath the poison taster failed us?" Cirrus said in fake panic, eyes wide with an impossible to hide smile. He broke the facade for only a moment with a snicker. "And here I was, thinking I should've been toning it down in the dramatics department. Please, with bated breath, your dearest 'Duchess' awaits more of what her lover may grant in his dying words. I beg of you, fail not to hold your tongue!" He pleaded through crocodile tears, head right up against Duke's own as he patted his paw against his head.

Pretending to be dying of an (p)unknown cause is a lot harder when you're, at the same time, attempting to keep yourself from grinning. Duke couldn't help but give in to it and a smile stretched over his features. Rolling over on his side, Duke looked at his 'Duchess'. "Oh, dearest, please come closer. I fear I do not have much longer." He said as he wiped the crocodile tears from Cirrus cheeks with his paw. "I- I need you to know," Duke paused for a while, before forcing out a cough and continuing, "we- we are going to- to-- be late for dinner." Laying on the ground with a self-satisfied smile, Duke looked at his 'Duchess'. "We should get a move on, drama queen."

Last edited:
Delta smiled at him as she approached the carnival ,The light blinded her for a bit as her eyes ajusted Delta smiled as she looked at alpha with a grin on her face

Sino giggled as she thought "how about the Ferris Wheel?" Sino said

Kandela wandered around the carnival. She spotted several couples walking around the carnival. The Litwick looked around, but she couldn't see the nice Pokémon that had accompanied her to the carnival. Slightly disappointed, Kandela sighed. She gently lowered on of the easier to carry plushies into her arms while the others remained floating in the air thanks to Psychic.

Jett had wandered into a carnival. The unusually colored Manectric walked around trying to take as much as he could in without running into someone. There was so much to do! Jett grinned. He spotted something at a booth that looked like it would be fun to try. The Manectric started to head towards the booth.

Illusive said" Yes of course. Let's go to the Ferris wheel." He then kissed Sino and walked over to the Ferris wheel. He said" Can we cuddle while we are in the Ferris wheel. I really wanna cuddle. You are super soft and perfect for cuddling."

Cirrus nearly keeled over laughing with the statement, before gathering his bearings and righting himself again for travel. "O-h boy... after that... I've got nothing clever to say." He choked out through his chortling. "I could say something about the cat that's got my tongue, but you can probably see the issues with that statement. Getting a move on it is though, lead the way. You've made me laugh myself famished."

Satisfied with Cirrus’ reaction, Duke got back on his feet and walked down the trail with the very same, highly amused smile stuck on his face. He couldn’t help it, even if he tried, that smile just wouldn’t leave him ever since he bumped into the ‘drama queen’ he was taking out for dinner. Duke glanced over at his companion and wanted to say something to keep the conversation going, but frankly, he couldn’t think of anything clever either. “So, ehr, anything in particular you’d like to have for dinner?”

It seemed so bland to talk about subjects so common when compared to the previous conversations, but Duke was curious and wanted to keep the conversation going.

"Hmm, now that you mention it, though I'll be the first to admit I've no real knowledge on what foods are best and when, there's a certain hankering that sticks out to me that you might agree with." He may have cut the dramatics for the time being, but that didn't stop Cirrus from narrowing his eyes into a sly mien. "Spaghetti sounds nice. Wouldn't you agree?" He said, a near-bestial grin overtaking his features, as if begging Duke to call him out on the implications of such a meal. The age old "accidentally share a kiss over the same noodle" allusion was too playful for him not to try his luck with.

Duke lead the way towards the restaurant, but before they could enter the quaint, little place, Duke halted. Stopping dead in his tracks, in front of the restaurant, and turned around to face his grinning companion. "Spaghetti?" He tilted his head in a faked confusion. "Any reason why that dish comes to mind? Ááány reason at all?"

Duke leaned in closer to Cirrus' face, before speaking up in a more suave manner. "Cirrus.. let's go~ eat some spaghetti." Moving in closer it seemed like Duke was going to make the whole spaghetti-trick unnecessary, but instead of kissing he pressed his snout gently against Cirrus'. "Boop!"

The faintest shade of crimson took to Cirrus's cheeks as the playful touch took him by surprise, but he made no move to shy away. Instead, with a fiendish smile returning to his face, he rubbed his nose against Duke's, replying in a low, equally suave tone with "Boop indeed." His heart flourished from the simple contact, and even though it was silly, he wouldn't have been unashamed to admit it. "You caught me off guard. Kudos to that." He said with an amiable smile, putting a paw on his own chest as if shocked. "And what? Me? Any motives other than enjoying a piping plate of spaghetti with a delightful friend? Of course not!"

“Of course not,” Duke repeated in a highly sarcastic tone, smiling wide, “how could I ever have thought that you, dearest Cirrus, could possibly have had alternative motives. It’s simply preposterous!” Halting his overly sarcastic way of speaking, Duke glanced over to the front door of the restaurant they had been standing in front of for a while now. “Maybe we should go in? Just a suggestion.” Duke smiled as went for the front door, pushing it open and causing the bell above the door to ring. Indicating the arrival of new customers.

Duke very much liked that bell, he always had. Sure, it was a somewhat outdated system, but Duke enjoyed the fact that this place stayed true to its roots, even when it came to the minor details. Standing in the doorway, Duke gestured for his quote-unquote ‘date’ to enter. “Duchess’ first.”

"My, what a gent." Cirrus purred, the ding of the bell like music to his pointy ears as he strolled showily through the opened door. Suddenly, he entered the world of hustle-and-bustle that any restaurant ought to have, and decided there was no place he'd rather be. "Thank you very much, absolutely motive-free Duke. Now, how about we find a table and feel like we're the only two Pokemon in the world tonight? You seem familiar with this place. Have any of your ol' fellow regulars you plan on bumping into tonight I should be prepared for?" He teased, brushing his whiskers with meticulous care for the sake of looking his best.

Duke follow after Cirrus, closing the door behind him and causing the bell to ring once more. Somehow this particular place always felt like coming home after a long day. Maybe it was because of the staff's friendly faces. Maybe because the rustic décor reminded him of where he grew up? After all the meals he'd enjoyed here, Duke still couldn't point out what made the place so homely. Lost in his own admiration of the place for a second, he was brought back by Cirrus' question. "I'd love nothing more than to spend the evening with you alone, and don't worry about 'fellow regulars'."

Duke gestured to the amount of guests the restaurant already had to deal with. "I'm sure they won't notice us with the amount of Pokémon dining here tonight. Besides, the only person I really know well in this place i-"

Duke's sentence was interupted by his name being called out by an approaching, elderly looking Blissey. "-is Marion." Duke smiled, shaking his head slowly as the Blissey came up to the two of them. How had she picked him out of the crowd so fast? "Duke, oh it's so good to finally see you with someone. You had us worried that you'd never find someone."

"Well, I didn't mea-" Duke couldn't get a word in as the elderly Blissey turned to Cirrus and continued her, rather embarrassing, story while seemingly ignoring Duke's attempt to apologize for 'never finding someone'. "You should consider yourself lucky darling, Duke here has never taken anyone out for dinner before. You must be quite special to him."

Cirrus's eyes were wider than even he thought possible at the revelation, his pupils dilating from the sheer amusement shining through the smirk on his face. "Is that so?" He managed to stammer, biting his tongue to prevent himself from laughing at Duke's situation as the older Blissey spilled his tale. "Well then I'm absolutely honored to be the first. It's a pleasure, Marion, and have no fear for Duke's sake that those feelings are mutual. Plus, already it seems that this restaurant hits the nail on the head as a place to bring special someones, and a bonus for the decor. How have you two met?" He bowed his head suavely in greeting as he spoke, trying to reroute the conversation because Duke could blush through his fur.

“How we met? Oh dear, that’s quite a while ago.” Marion glanced over at Duke, who was still trying to overcome the initial embarrassment. Something that didn’t seem to be going all too well. “I think it was the first day you moved into town, wasn’t it?” The elderly Blissey waited patiently for Duke to respond and take over the conversation. Probably so she could go back to her work. Catching onto the hint, Duke snapped out of it and managed to get a few words out. “Oh, yes, you’re absolutely right Marion,” Duke smiled, clearing his throat before continuing, “And I’d love to tell you all about it Cirrus, but maybe we should take a seat first?”

The question was more directed to Marion than Cirrus, as Duke was trying to hurry along the conversation a bit so they could enjoy their dinner and Marion could get back to her other customers. “Oh, of course, would you like me to guide you two to your seats, Duke?” Duke smiled and nodded to the elderly Blissey. “If you would, please.”

"A seat sounds lovely, nearly as lovely as it's been to be introduced to you." Cirrus chattered, following along with Duke and Marion to wherever they were leading. It occurred to him that he didn't have much more to add, probably because Marion was surely busy with her work as it was. "You strike me as the sort of friend who's especially wonderful to have if it's your first day in town. I'm honored to get to meet someone you have history with, Duke." He conclusively purred.

The Blissey looked back at Cirrus for a second, a warm smile on her face. “I can see why Duke’s taking a fancy to you.” And with that statement Marion glanced over to Duke, and expression on her face that could only mean something along the lines of ‘don’t mess this up’. Yet, Duke didn’t get any time to respond to it, again, as Marion stopped at their table and gestured towards it. “Here we are, please have a seat and I’ll be right back to take your order.”

With Marion walking off, leaving them alone for a moment, Duke let out a relieved sigh as he shook his head slowly. “She’s a darling, but if you let her talk, she’ll talk. Oh, she’ll talk the ears off your head.” Smiling, he pulled back a chair for Cirrus, waiting patiently for his date to sit down. “Have a seat, you must be exhausted from that afternoon stroll.” Duke joked.

"You have my gratitude, whippersnapper." Cirrus strolled over and hopped into the seat, suppressing a chuckle at the silly image of someone with their ears literally talked off all the while. He spoke again with a wise nod. "Not a worry. We all know someone like that. Now I'm sure you probably don't want to chat about it, but I'm practically bathing in the sunlight here: I'm really the first date you've brought here, hm? What's held you up from taking any other scratch cat you've found strolling in the park?" His love of praise was really showing through from the grin on his face.

With Cirrus seated at the table, Duke sat down across from him at the table abd nodded in agreement. Confirming that Cirrus was, in fact, the very first one. Looking at his companion he leaned forward a little, paws resting on the table. "What's held me up? well," Duke leaned in a few more inches, "for starters, they never looked quite as lovely as you do. Truly, you're a pleasure to gaze upon." Duke leaned back in his seat a self-satisfied smile. "I guess nobody quite captured my interest as much as you have."

Cirrus pretended to wipe his eye with his paw, as if her were so thoroughly touched by Duke's compliments that he'd started to tear up. "My oh my you really are a keeper," he wheezed, "and don't believe for a moment that I don't think everything and more about you as well. If I'm a gem, you're a star, darling Duke. What I'm wondering is, how did I get so lucky to meet such a good looking flatterer such as yourself and end up in an establishment like this all in one afternoon? Truly, I could faint... except I ought to cut the showbiz for a moment of real talk. Thank you so much for taking me out. I know the night's only beginning, but I've forgotten how nice this sort of outing feels. To stand beside someone kindhearted feels like such a luxury, yet all it costs to look for a companion is a roll of your own dice. What I'm trying to say is, being here with you, I feel as if I just rolled double boxcars."

And with that, Duke was left completely speechless. He didn’t think the compliments would yield such a strong reaction. Sitting across from Cirrus, with the dumbest little smile on his face, Duke was making a desperate attempt at finding a suitable, if not witty, response. Yet, there was nothing he could think off. Opening his mouth halfway a few times, thinking he had found a suitable response, before closing it again and starting the ‘pondering cycle’ all over again. All the while his expression made it very clear that he felt the exact same, yet he couldn’t find the words to express it. Eventually he settled for a, rather obvious, observation. “Well, I’ve got nothing. You’re a lot better at this whole dating thing than I am.” Duke thought about his own words for a second and chuckled. “Well, it is my first time after all, do I get away with being unoriginal on accounts of being new to this?”

Cirrus smiled, and for once, there was more admiration in his gaze than slyness. "Unoriginal? Pfft, darling, if there's one thing I know about anything, it's that novices are prone to the greatest streaks of brilliance, since they've yet to be taught what to fear. Could this novice be naive? Maybe. But they don't shy away from the potentially beautiful unknown because everything is the unknown. Although, I guess I am more of an old timer than I'd like to admit when it comes to dating. It's been a while, for sure, but I've put my heart in the hands of quite a sizable number before you for the same result each time. It's embarrassing, but it's the truth, and just like this date, being truthful is a breath of fresh air." Taking a deep breath after the long tangent, the flicker of mischief returned to his eyes with a purr. "Hope you don't think me as too much of a casanova."

“You like truthful? Well, aren’t you in luck, I’m a horrible liar to begin with.” Duke smiled wide, taking pride in being a terrible liar. He was going to bring up a few examples, in which his lack of expertise in lying had gotten him in hot water with some Pokémon, but before he could start sharing his experiences with those less-than-ideal situations, they were approached by Marion, holding on to the menu’s as she walked up to their table. “I see you’re enjoying yourselves? Very good, would you like to see the menu?”

“Oh, yes please. Though Cirrus is pretty set on what he would like to eat this evening.” Duke smiled, taking the menus from Marion and passing one of them to Cirrus. “Here you go.”

"Thank you, thank you~." He kindly chimed, first to Marion, then to Duke, as he took the offered menu. "The thought of sharing a plate of spaghetti certainly tickled the romantic in me, but as always, it's good to stay flexible. Still no objections to that, date-o-mine Duke?"

"Yup, totally weird..." Kalam laughed for some seconds. "In my case, I'd like to know very well the other Pokemon. I have known a lot of Pokemon during my adventures and travels, but I still haven't found one that totally matches with me. Call me exquisite or demanding if you want, but I can assure you that he is not going to change me. Adventures are my passion, and I'm not going to leave them behind."
"Okay,so are you saying your looking for someone to travel alongside you?"Grey asked,she began to groom herself slowly.After that,she looked up at Kalam again.

"I'm not saying that". Kalam said, approaching Grey. "I'm just saying that I don't want them to interfere with my hobby of exploration and adventure, though I am not meaning if he wants to come with me. Of course, if he likes adventure, that would be a plus, and probably he'll want to come with me too, but it's not something obligatory. I understand that though I like adventures, I probably enjoy the most dangerous, while others prefer more... Daily and Safe Adventures. As long as he doesn't want to stop me from going, I'll agree with that."