• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Roomies!

Dylan smiled and tossed his cap into the air along with the other graduates, watching the hundreds of caps soar through the sky. He turned to Lis, his beautiful girlfriend, and laughed as well, a warm smile on his face. "Yes. Yes we did." He leaned forward and kissed Lis on the lips, wrapping his arms around her. It really had been a magical four years; the time he spent with Lis, the memories he had shared, and now, they were free.

Lis, hardly taken aback, melted into the kiss, throwing her arms around his neck. It lasted for a few sweet moments before Lis pulled away and closely hugged him. “So, where’s our next adventure taking place now?” she giggled, stepping back and looking up at Dylan. She fully expected spending more time with her partner, and couldn’t wait to see how her life would unfold.

Dylan shrugged and chuckled as well, smiling at Lis after the two pulled away from the kiss. "Who knows? THat's the best thing about adventures, after all." He intertwined his fingers with Lis's and led her to his waiting family. Dylan's mother, Audrey Sage, squealed with excitement as she and his father and younger brother rushed him, bombarding him with congratulations. "We're so proud of you, Dylan!" his mother said with glee, while Lucas, Dylan's younger brother added,"Yeah, what mom said!" Dylan's father, Michael, clapped a hand on his son's shoulder, a wide smile on his face. "Couldn't be prouder, son." "Thanks, guys," Dylan said, chuckling. Audrey Sage noticed Lis and smiled warmly, pulling her into a hug. "Congratulations to you too, Lis!" She flashed a deadly glare at Dylan and pinched his ear, yanking on it. "You better take care of her, you hear?" Dylan cried out in pain and laughed, pushing away his mom's hand and caressing his ear. "Of course, mom."

Lis cheerfully laughed at Dylan’s family, who were ever so fun to be around. Her own mother had snuck up on her, tapping her on the shoulder. When Lis turned around, her eyes lit up and she grinned, throwing her arms around her parent. Her mother was a very busy woman, who wasn’t sure if she would be able to make it in the first place. “Mom!” Lis cheered, and her mother laughed.

“Oh, I’m so proud of you, sweetie,” she said, then looking at Dylan, she continued, “proud of you both, actually!” Lis stepped away from her mother, who offered her arms open to her daughters boyfriend. “Congratulations, you’re a lucky man,” the woman grinned.

Dylan smiled warmly and hugged Lis's mother. "Thank you." His family smiled and started to walk away, waving. "Well, we're headed back home! Make sure you visit soon so we can celebrate!" Dylan waved and returned the smile. "Of course! I'll see you soon!" He chuckled and turned back to face Lis. "Well, shall we return to my apartment?" He took his girlfriend's hand and smiled at her mother. "If it's okay with you, of course?"

Prior to the graduation ceremony...

Dylan smiled and glanced at Lis as he shuffled through a cardboard box in his closet. "You go ahead, I'll catch up." Once his girlfriend had left, he grinned and pulled out a large stack of laminated photos, photos of him and her. Deflated balloons of assorted colors sat around him, along with an air pump.
Time to get decorating, he thought. Meanwhile, a small cubical box lined with soft felt sat next to him as Dylan organized the photos and pulled out a large spool of black yarn.

Lis’ mother nodded. “Oh, of course! You two run along now,” she smiled, then directing her attention towards Dylan’s family, who she started a conversation with. Lis squeezed Dylan’s hand happily, doing a sort of happy skip as she followed him to his car.

Dylan smiled and led Lis to his car, driving back to his abode once the two were in the sedan. Once the two arrived home, he got out and opened the door on Lis's side, offering to help her out. Once the two arrived at the door, Dylan unlocked it and opened it, smiling. the living space was adorned ceremoniously, bunches of stringed balloons attached together by tape and weighed down by a small paperweight. Strings of yarn stretched out from opposite walls, laminated pictures of the couple hanging from them. Dylan's smile grew wider and warmer as he took in the sight, allowing Lis to do so as well. He reached into his pocket and felt the box in his hand, thinking, Here we go.

Last edited:
Lis gasped, amazed by the pretty decorations. She grinned, walking up to each picture, putting her hand gently on them as she fondly remembered the memories. “Oh, wow...” she breathed, face flushed with immense pride and happiness. “This is wonderful, Dylan - I love it!” she sniffled, wiping her eyes, still facing the photos and decorations.

Dylan chuckled and put his hands on his hips. You haven't seen anything yet. "Thanks, Lis. It sure did take me a ton of time to put all of this up. Not to mention, I had to get to the ceremony in time. You know, I remember everything that happened in every picture. Those were great times." He smiled and sighed with reminiscence. "You know... there's something I want to ask you..." Dylan turned to face her, standing in front of all the decorations, a hand in his pocket.

Lis found herself facing him, hands folded in front of her. She glanced at his hand in his pocket, and her heart skipped a beat. “What are you planning?” she grinned at her boyfriend before her.

Dylan smirked and chuckled softly. "You'll know soon enough." He pulled out the box, lined with soft maroon felt, and got down on one knee. "Something I realized as we spent all this time together," He started, holding the box in front of him with one hand. "It's you. You're the one." He smiled with warmth as he gazed into Lis's eyes, his own shining with love. "The one I want to spend my life with. And it seems.. our journey is only now beginning." Dylan opened the box, still gazing at Lis, as the open box revealed a silver ring, a small, glimmering diamond sitting in the middle. "Lis Fifer.... Will you make me the happiest man on earth... and do me the great honor of being your husband?"

Last edited:
Lis’ heart stopped, and didn’t start beating until after the question was asked. She stood still for a few moments, before throwing her arms around Dylan, bursting into tears as she repeated over and over, “Yes!” She was immediately filled with ecstasy from head to toe, and she felt like she was going to float away, or wake up any second.

Dylan smiled as he hugged Lis back tightly, planting a small kiss on her cheek. "I love you," He whispered into her ear. He had said it many times to her in the past, but now, the phrase carried much more weight. Dylan softly pulled away from the embrace and took out the ring, setting the box aside. He chuckled and softly grasped Lis's right hand, slipping the ring onto her ring finger. Once he was done, Dylan looked at Lis and grinned, wiping away her tears before pulling her into a hug once more.

Last edited:
Not even a few months later, Lis stands outside the doors in the church. Her heart is thumping as she paces small hallway, whispering words of comfort to herself. Her mother, who was going to walk her down the aisle any second, simply smiled and told her to relax. Lis returned the smile as an usher came out of the worship hall to report that she should walk down in a matter of seconds.

Lis’ mother held her daughter’s arm. The young woman took a deep breath before the doors were opened and she and her mother began walking down the aisle.

Dylan adjusted his bow tie as he waited at the altar for Lis, his fiancee, to enter. He smiled as he watched her walk through the aisle, gazing upon her. She looked absolutely stunning, and all Dylan could feel was love for his soon-to-be wife. Once Lis had walked up to the altar, the pastor officiating the wedding stepped up and smiled at both of them. "Dearly beloved," He began, raising both hands in the air. "We gather today to celebrate the joining together of two families, and two hearts. Not much is more sacred than the covenant of love between two spouses, so this brings me as much joy as it does you. Dylan Sage," The pastor turned to Dylan, a smile on his face. "Please read your wedding vows." Dylan smiled and turned to face Lis, holding both of her hands in his own before beginning.

"Lis, so much has happened since we met at that college dorm. We've been through just about everything together during our college years, and now... we're going to spend the rest of our life together. I promise that you can count on me. You can count on me to make your day better when you might be feeling down. You can count on me to listen to whatever you need to say. You can count on me to be a shoulder for you to cry on." He smiled warmly and finished with three last words. "I love you."

The pastor smiled and continued, turning to Lis. "Now, could you please say your vows as well?"

Lis held back tears, face beaming brightly. “Dylan... I don’t know where to start. As soon as I saw you, I knew that you were the one. Those four years hold some of the best memories ever, and I cannot wait to make even more with you. I will always be there for you - when you’re sad, happy, lonely, angry... I can assure you that I will always be right there for you. I promise that you can trust me, as I trust you. I love you, too,” she went on.

The pastor smiled once again, and the service went along a bit more before he began talking again. Eventually, the rings went on and ‘we do’s were said, before the big question. “Dylan Sage, do you take Elisabeth Fifer to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

Dylan smiled. Those two words. Who knew that two simple words could carry such depth? Once those two words were spoken, his life would be forever changed. I guess I can thank marriage for that. He sighed and gazed into Lis's eyes before saying with the warmest of smiles, "Until death do us part."

The pastor turned to Lis. “And do you, Elisabeth Fifer, take Dylan Sage to be your lawfully wedded husband?” Lis took a deep breath, grinned, and spoke. “Absolutely.

“By the power vested in me, you may now kiss the bride,” he spoke, taking a step back from the newlyweds. Lis stared deep into Dylan’s eyes, heart racing happily.

Applause from the audience rang out as the pastor made the proclamation. Dylan's and Lis's families were there, on their feet as they cheered loudly along with other friends and family friends. Dylan chuckled and leaned forward, only breaking eye contact to close his eyes as he kissed his new bride on the lips. He pulled her into a hug and held the embrace, not wanting to let go.

Lis would have stayed in the kiss for much longer, however, she was in public, so she separated herself from it after a few seconds. She turned, holding her bouquet in one hand, holding Dylan’s in the other. Lis faced the audience as they applauded the new couple, a grin on her face.

Dylan faced the audience as well, his smile still on his face. He watched the applause and chuckled to himself, amused by his mother's reaction. She was nearly sobbing with happiness, almost about to blow her nose on her husband's shirt before the latter pushed her away and kept applauding, flashing a thumbs-up at his son. Dylan flashed one back and turned to face Lis, grasping her hand softly. "Let's begin the party, shall we?"

A wide, genuine smile on the newlywed's face, Lis nodded. "For sure."

Travelling ahead about a year, Lis entered her home with weighted shoulders. Working as an art professor, the young lady found pressure and enjoyment in her job. She set her bag on the hook near the door, then slipped off her hightops. She was a fairly "chill" professor, and was quite likable in her class. Taking her phone from her jeans, she checked the time for what was probably the fourth time. 5:11 PM. "I'm home!" Lis said loudly, not fully certain if her husband was home. She felt a bit disheveled after the school day, and sought relaxation.

Dylan heard Lis call out from the doorway, and he smiled as he just about finished the shrimp he was stir-frying with udon noodles. "Welcome back! How was work? The students behave alright?" Pouring the shrimp and noddle stir-fry into a large bowl and scooping other side dishes into smaller plates, he began setting the table for dinner and poured cold water from the fridge into tall glasses. Dylan worked as a sushi chef at a restaurant nearby, and his manager had given him a free day today to spend at home. He walked over to his wife and pulled her into a hug, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

“Ah, they weren’t terrible today. I can tell some of them really want to learn,” Lis said, then allowing herself to nestle in the hug that Dylan wrapped her in. “I’m just fairly tired,” she said softly. Stepping back, she took a breath in. “...Shrimp?” Lis guessed based off of whiff. Her eyes twinkled a bit playfully as she gazed up at Dylan.

"Well, that's good." Dylan smiled as Lis leaned in the embrace before pulling away and guessing what he had made. "Bingo. The table's all set; let's go." He softly grasped his wife's hand and led her to the dining table, where the area around it was filled with the sweet and spicy aroma. Dylan sat down and, taking a pair of tongs, began to scoop some of the shrimp and noodles onto his plate until he decided it was enough and offered the tongs to Lis. After picking up his chopsticks, he began eating, occasionally taking some bites from the side dishes as well, which consisted of kimchi, stir-fried anchovies, spicy pickled cucumbers, and other Asian-style foods. Way to go, me.

Sitting down, Lis picked up her own chopsticks as well. She had learned over the past few years how to steadily hold them without splaying them all over. Lis began taking small bites, before swallowing and nodding. “It’s good, as per usual,” she said with a smile before continuing to eat. “How was your day?”

Dylan chuckled as Lis complimented his cooking, and after listening, he answered her question. "It was good; nice and relaxing. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so today's a good time to get some rest." He leaned back in his seat after taking a few more bites of dinner and turned to look at the living space, eyes resting on the grand piano set up in a corner, coated with a shiny black finish. It was crazy how something as simple as a piano could have changed his life so drastically. After all, it was how he had met her. Dylan returned his gaze to Lis, who was busy digging in, and he smiled warmly.

Lis nodded, understanding the need for rest. Finishing up what was left on her plate, Lis stretched her arms out. With a smile, she stood up with her dish. "I'll be taking a shower now," she said, setting the plate in he sink. Directing her route down the hall, she head into the bathroom and shut the door. After stripping down, she stepped in and let the warm water relax her shoulders.

Dylan nodded as he watched Lis walk into the bathroom. Quietly, he picked up the rest of the dirty plates on the table and set them into the sink, leaving them to be washed later. He glanced back at the piano and smiled, walking toward it after wiping his hands with a towel. Opening the lid and revealing the black and white keys, he rested his fingers on them, reminiscing on all the years he had spent with the instrument, and how much it had impacted his life. His smile growing warmer, he began to play a deep C-octave chord, followed by a climbing melody. As Dylan continued to play, he called upon all of his memories of him and Lis to influence the sound of the music, and as he did so, the notes seemed to almost shine in the silence of his home, illuminating the piece for a few moments before fading away. Lis was in the shower, and Dylan didn't know if she would even hear it, but at least he could hope. Will it reach her?

Unsurprisingly, Lis heard the faint playing of piano, which was oh-so common in the household. She softly smiled as she finished cleaning up, then turned the water off. Lis dried off and wrapped herself with a towel before leaving the bathroom and entering the bedroom to get dressed. She wore short tempo shorts, a simple long-sleeved shirt, and pulled her fairly wet hair into a ponytail. Exiting the room, she entered the living room where Dylan and the piano sat. A smile on her face, she walked up behind him and set her hands on his shoulders gently.