• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Roomies!

Dylan watched Lis scroll through her phone and smiled. "By the way, I feel like since we're gonna be in the same dorm, maybe we should get each other's phone numbers. Not to flirt or be in a relationship with you, I feel like it would help us communicate better." That's a crappy excuse.

Lis nodded and opened her contacts, handing Dylan her phone to put his number in. “I get what you mean,” she said with a smile, but she couldn’t help but feel like there was something more to what he said.

Well, at least it worked. Dylan thanked Lis as she gave him his phone and entered her number into his own, naming the contact: Lis Fifer. He grinned and gave Lis hers and also his phone, if in case she wanted his number as well.

Accepting both phones, Lis types her number into the opposite phone, handing it back to Dylan with a smile. “There,” she said with a short nod. She set her own phone on her bed, laying back and looking at the ceiling.

Dylan smiled as he accepted his phone and put it in his pocket. He walked over to his laptop and set it down on his bed, laying down and browsing the internet. "Say, Lis, what country are you from?"

“My mom is Japanese, and my dad is American. I was born in the U.S. though,” she said, eyeing the lights on the ceiling. “I have more of my dad’s American traits, but I look more like my mom, if that makes sense.” She paused. “What about you?”

"Well," Dylan began. "My entire family is Korean, though my parents moved here to the States to give birth to me. I've been taught Korean by my parents up to eighth grade, so I'm pretty good at speaking, writing, and understanding Korean. My relatives say that I took on the appearance of my mom, or her ancestors at least." He chuckled a bit. "If you don't mind me asking, have you ever wanted to.. say... be in a relationship of some kind?"

Lis glanced at Dylan, hands on her stomach. “I guess... yeah, probably,” she said, softly shrugging. “Have you?” she rolled onto her stomach and pushed herself up, and sat with her legs crossed.

Dylan thought for a second. "Actually, yeah. I don't know why, but I just feel like I'm ready for that type of commitment, you know?" He closed his laptop and walked over to his piano, opening it. He sat down and practiced the piece he had played just now, in preparation of the competition in two days.

She nodded in agreement. “I get what you mean,” she said, looking down at her feet. Her ears perked up when Dylan began playing piano again. She smiled and closed her eyes, listening to him practice. It really was lovely.

Dylan chuckled softly as he stopped playing and switched to another piece, one that apparently drew a lot of girls to him in his high school years, though he turned each one down. This wasn't really a practice, it was more of a performance, one Dylan silently decided to dedicate to Lis, because truth be told, Dylan liked her, whether or not the feeling was mutual. Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu. His fingers danced along to the melody as notes of pure love were poured throughout the room.

Lis could’ve cried then and there. The playing was so well performed, that it could’ve made her shed a tear. But she didn’t want to be embarrassing, so she pleasantly listened and breathed out in awe as his fingers danced on the keys of the piano.

Dylan smiled warmly as the melody filled the air and started to slow down at the more lyrical section of the piece. This was the part that usually made girls lose it and shed tears, without Dylan's intention, of course. When some of the world's best pianists played, they would find themselves drawing an image, which is what he did. What he envisioned was a school park in the spring, with fields of bright green grass that waved through the wind, and trees that bore falling cherry blossoms scattered through the air. Dylan's image was truly a beautiful sight, and he smiled as it was made apparent in his own little world of music then and there.

Last edited:
Crap, I might cry, she cursed to herself. Rubbing her eyes, she coughed to prevent any sniffles or tears to spill from her. After a moment of wiping her eyes, she got an idea. I could paint this. What I’m hearing - I can see... that would be really great,’ she murmured mentally.

Dylan kept playing the melody, though he switched things up a bit. Or, you could say, he amplified them. The image that he conjured through his piano intensified, making even the least musical people able to see it in their mind. "Do you see it, Lis?" He asked quietly, but loud enough for her to hear. "Do you see the image?" Dylan decided to add some more. Now, he saw kids playing out in the sun. There were boys and girls laughing together as they ran and danced through the vast expanses of grass and flowers, something children would do. There were adults talking to each other and laughing heartily, as Dylan realized his theme, something that tied everything together: the joy and love that bound family together. Not blood relations, but the bonds between friends as well. Something like that... made the picture so much more beautiful. With this image in his music, Dylan smoothly transitioned into a new piece: Grande Valse Brillante by Chopin. It was a quite happy and fast-paced waltz, one that Dylan would imagine playing in the background of his image put into motion. His fingers danced along the keys, almost as if they had souls of their own as Dylan smiled, playing the waltz merrily.

Last edited:
Her breathing faltered softly. “Yeah.. yeah, I can..” she murmured, eyes shut as she envisioned sunlight and the energy of children playing together. There was a lot of love that she could feel and see in the music, and her heart skipped a beat on multiple occasions.

Dylan chuckled as he played. "You said you like art, right? I can imagine the joy it would bring you to paint something like what you're hearing." His fingers skipped along the piano keys gleefully as music filled the air, almost bearing children's laughter and the embodiment of happiness itself.

She nodded, sliding from her bed, and heading towards her dresser, where a sketch pad sat on top, waiting to be drawn in. Lis grabbed it, along with a pencil, and began swiftly sketching out what she saw. She ended up drawing a messy, detailed scenery, with equally detailed children running together. I’ll get a canvas later, she told herself.

Dylan continued to play happily, smiling as he heard Lis scribbling on her notepad. He switched gears and started to play a calmer piece, though his image didn't experience much change. Now, a boy and a girl frolicked and laid down on the soft grass, smiling happily. Birds chirped and the tall grass waved around them. Clouds flew by as the kids attempted to find any shape within them, laughing with delight. Dylan smiled warmly as he envisioned those two children, unknowing and without a care about the world, only knowing to relish in its splendor. Those two kids, who were and looked so free, looked almost like Dylan and Lis, hand in hand, ear-to-ear grins on both their faces.

Last edited:
Editing the paper ever so slightly, she carefully imaged and listened to the music being played. ‘I guess he just won’t stop,’ she joked mentally, pencil sketching away skillfully.

Dylan smiled and finished up the last nocturne, allowing the sound to die down gradually. He leaned back on his bench and dusted off his hands, closing the piano. "Man, I must've played for so long; I completely lost track of time." He chuckled and got up, getting a bottle of water from his mini-fridge and taking a small sip. "So, how was that?" Dylan asked, wiping away a bead of sweat from his forehead.

Lis closed the notebook, setting it next to her while she fiddled with the pencil in her hands. “It was breathtaking. I seriously don’t know how people can play like that. It’s really, really... amazing,” she concluded, a friendly smile on her face as she looked at him.

Dylan smiled modestly and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, chuckling softly. "Thanks!" He stretched and cracked his knuckles before taking another gulp of cold water. He turned his gaze back to Lis. "Actually, I've been thinking for a bit, and maybe, if it's okay with you, I could teach you how to play the piano. If not, I totally understand."

“Oh really? I’d love to learn! That’d be so cool!” she grinned, then thought if she had anything to teach. Unfortunately, she couldn’t think of anything, which made her feel kind of guilty. “I wish I could try to teach you something in return,” she said, rubbing the back of her neck.”

Dylan furiously shook his head and smiled warmly. "Oh, heck no! This is all for free. I don't want anything in return for teaching you." He grinned as he walked up to Lis and patted her head softly. It felt a little weird, seeing as the two had only met for the first time, but heck, whatever. It seemed like the time.

(Should we timeskip to the morning of the competition and have the current time be in the evening or smth after a few posts for the lesson?)

Dylan smiled and guided Lis to the piano, gesturing for her to sit down. "So, here are the fundamentals you need to know." He rested a finger on the keys and played each one, starting from C. "So, this is C, followed then by C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A# (or B-flat, which is a little less tedious), B, and then it goes back to C. You got that much down?" He went through the notes slowly, so that Lis could understand easily.

Lis complied, sitting down on the bench. Carefully, she listened to each note and it’s sound. Nodding, she replied, “Okay, I’ve got it. What’s next?” Her eyes scanned the keys of the piano.

Dylan smiled as he continued, pulling out a sheet of notebook paper and writing down the concepts he was teaching. "Now, a critical thing about playing melodies on any kind of instrument is knowing what accidentals are. Accidentals are notes that don't follow the regular key signature of the music by getting lowered or raised a half step. So, they consist of notes like F#, G♭-- those two are enharmonic notes, which we'll get to later-- and such. You'll notice that the notes I included in the list have a symbol on them. This is the flat and sharp symbol; flat will lower the note a half step, and sharp will raise it a half step. There's also something called a natural," Dylan continued as he wrote all three symbols on the paper. "And what this'll do is keep the note the same no matter what."

Dylan spent the whole night teaching Lis the basics of music theory, and it was clear that he was enjoying it. He looked out the window a few hours later and saw the evening sky slowly creep in. Dylan turned to Lis and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, a grin on his face. "It's getting pretty dark, so let's continue this tomorrow after school; we'll get into the fun stuff now that I've taught you all of the basics. That cool?"

After the lesson, Lis straightened her back and turned her head to Dylan, smiling. “Yeah. Thank you for doing all of this, by the way,” she said, stepping away from the bench. She slowly walked towards the nearby window, placing her hands on the sill and slightly leaning forward. Lis watched clouds slowly drift over the orange-blue sky, smiling gently. “Nobody has gone through the trouble to teach me stuff like this,” she said, still looking outside. “Not genuinely, at least,” she giggled softly.

Turning around, she faced Dylan with rosy cheeks. “This is gonna be a good four years. It’s only been a few hours a but... I really like you, Dylan,” she said, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

Dylan nodded as Lis thanked him and stood as well, smiling warmly. Watching her gaze out the window at the colorful sky was... well, it was quite a sight. He looked at her as she turned around, and his smile grew warmer as he listened to what she said. Dylan chuckled softly as he gently closed the piano, his heart absolutely soaring, though he decided against showing it. He watched the piano in silence for a few seconds before turning back to face her, still smiling. "Likewise."

She broke out into a grin. “That’s lucky,” she said happily. “I’m going to shower. So.. I’ll be right back.” Her face was beaming as she went into the room to grab clothes and a towel. After retrieving the items, while smiling like a little girl, she went into the bathroom and turned the water on after shutting the door and undressing.

Standing under the warm water, Lis looked at the water dripping down the wall in front of her, heart fluttering about in her chest.

Dylan chuckled once more as Lis went into the bathroom to shower, her excitement spread across her face. He got a bottle of water from his mini fridge and downed a few gulps before setting it down on his desk. Dylan had just begun to notice that his cheeks had flushed quite a bit, and he couldn't help but smile at what just happened.

After about ten minutes of Lis, in a dazed fashion, scrubbing herself clean, she turned the water off and stepped out, immediately starting to dry off. Of course, she put on her undergarments first after wiping off. Then, she threw on the short, navy blue tempo shorts, and afterwards, the loose white t-shirt and black socks.

She wrung her hair out, rubbing it dry as best as possible with the towel, then brushing it and patiently tying it into two Dutch braids. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time before setting her towel and previous clothes in the basket nearby. Then, taking a breath, she stepped out back into the room.

Dylan directed his gaze to the bathroom door as it opened, revealing Lis as she walked out. He smiled at her and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I guess it's my turn now." He stepped into the bathroom, bringing a white tee and black athletic shorts with him. Dylan changed into the clothes and brushed his teeth, rinsed his mouth, and washed his face. He smoothed his hair with some water and dried his face with a towel before stepping out. He grinned at Lis and sat on his bed.

Lis smiled, grabbing her phone and plugging it in. Afterwards, she went back into the bathroom and brushed her teeth, put moisturizer on her face, and used mouthwash for multiple seconds. When she returned from the bathroom, she slid onto her bed and looked at the clock near the door. 8:24 PM. So.. Saturday is Dylan’s performance. Tomorrow’s Friday, so I don’t have to worry about going to bed early.. and Sunday... Nothing, she thought to herself.

Lis softly sighed.

Dylan turned off his phone after a few minutes of browsing social media and flopped backward onto his bed. He sighed and covered himself with the blanket after charging his phone and setting it on his nightstand. Dylan looked back at Lis and grinned one more time before calling out, "Good night, Lis!" and falling into his slumber.

Lis smiled. “G’night,” she murmured back, sliding under her sheets and turning her lamp off. On second though, sleep sounds nice, she told herself. Curling up, she closed her eyes and began drifting into sleep as well. She rested easy after a cheerful day.

Saturday, 8:30 AM

The alarm that Dylan had set prior to today blared throughout the dorm room, potent enough to wake up even a hibernating bear. Dylan winced as he got up in his bed and shut off the alarm, smoothing his rampant bedhead. He rubbed his eyes and slid off of his bed before glancing at Lis and remembering the events that had transpired two days ago. Dylan smiled and slipped off his shirt, revealing his six-pack, the result of continuous exercise over the past years. He put on a black tee and headed into the bathroom to wash up, bringing a pair of navy jeans and a brown leather belt to change into. Once he was done, he emerged from the bathroom and stretched, hearing multiple audible pops in his back.

As Dylan’s alarm clock screeched loudly throughout the room, Lis scrambled from her bed, sitting straight up. Yawning, she threw her arms back and stretched while Dylan went to get ready. She sat in her comfy bed for a few moments before sliding out of the sheets. Lis rummaged through her dresser before pulling a cute yet casual dress from one of the drawers, and a tan cardigan jacket from another.

She head into the bathroom with the outfit, shutting the door behind her as she stripped down and stepped into the white tank-top dress. It fell to her mid-thighs and had little colorful flowers designed on it. Afterwards, she brushed through her hair before throwing it into a ponytail, put on the sweater, and did her daily morning and night routine.

Finally, she came out of the bathroom and grabbed her charging phone with a smile on her face.