• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Roomies!

Standing in front of a tall university stood a young lady by the name of Lis. With her backpack slung on, she had stepped into the building, breathing in. This was her first day of the next few years in this building.

She had already visited the school to furnish her side of her dorm, which she was pretty excited about. So knowing the number already, she stepped into an elevator with a few other people, waiting as they traveled up a couple of floors before stopping. Lis left the confined space and head down the hall, walking down to her room, which was 106. Entering, she smiled to herself and slipped off her sneakers. She set her backpack down on the cheap table, stretching out her back and pulling her phone from her sweatshirt.

Browsing social media, she blankly walked in circles around the couch before and turning off her phone and entering her room. She hadn't looked at the other side of the room yet, so she didn't know what it looked like to describe her roommate. Her side, however, was decorated nicely. The bed had artsy throw pillows and white sheets, with a fluffy white comforter. She had a cork board with polaroid pictures of her and her friends, and other notes as well. She also had a few band posters hanging around, and a canvas with a beautiful blend of colors that she made.

Her laptop was sitting on her bed, where she ended up laying down and turning it on, waiting for her roommate to arrive.

Dylan looked up at the tall dormitory and smiled. "Well, looks like you're stuck with me for the next four years, huh, big guy?" He walked inside and boarded the elevator, heading to the second floor. Dylan made his way to room 106 and opened the door with his key card. Opening the door, he stepped inside to see the right side of the dorm room decorated with a painted canvas and decorated with a row of photos along the wall, all of them consisting of one girl. He set his suitcase down and looked to the right, seeing a girl laying on her bed, eyes fixated on her laptop. "Hey there," Dylan called out as he took off his sneakers. "I take it you're my roommate?"

Lis looked up from her screen, turning her head to face the new voice in their room. With a friendly nod, she introduced herself. “Yeah. Lis Fifer, nice to meet you,” she said with a smile, sitting up straight, criss-crossing her legs with her hands in her lap. Lis examined the male, heart fluttering a bit at the sight of him.

Dylan adjusted his jacket and grinned back. "Dylan Sage. It's a pleasure to meet you. You know, I love what you've done with your side of the dorm." He unpacked his things, setting neatly folded clothes into drawers and organizing office supplies on a black wooden desk. Hm. She is pretty cute, I must say. He looked back. "Anyway, I feel like we should get to know each other a bit. After all, we are living together for the next four years." He chuckled.

In agreement, she shortly nodded and brushed a hair from her face. “How about we ask each other questions to get to know each other better? I'll go first,” she said, clearing her throat. “What's your favorite animal?” It was a childish thing to ask, but Lis believed baby steps were the correct way to start.

Dylan thought for a moment as he took off his jacket, setting neatly on the chair at his desk. "Well, I would say that I'm quite fond of the Manta Ray, or as I like to call it, the majestic sea flap flap." He chuckled and grinned at Lis. "What about you?"

“Any reptiles, really. I love geckos and lizards and such,” she smiled, tiltingher head. “Okay, ask me a different question now.”

Lis smirked, adding a laugh as well. “Well, as long as they see me for me, I’ll love them pretty unconditionally. Oh, but they should like video games,” she teasingly added. “What about you?”

"Well, what a coincidence; I happen to enjoy video games quite a bit," Dylan smirked for a second before it faded into a laugh as he put up both hands. "Not to flirt with you, though. It's obviously way to early for that, now, isn't it? For me," Dylan continued. "I think the most important thing is that they like/love me not because of my appearance but for what's inside, you know?"

Last edited:
Lis nodded. “Yeah, I totally agree. There can be a lot of toxic people only out for looks, not personality or intentions,” she softly laughed, eyes flickering sadly for barely a second.

Dylan smiled and nodded as well. "I agree. Society's just... screwed up like that a bit, huh?" He laughed and saw Lis' eyes reflect a fraction of sadness in them, frowning. "Hey, are you okay? You looked a little sad just now."

“Hm?” Lis tilted her head. She inwardly swore, as she had let her guard down. “Oh, I’m fine. Just remembered something kinda upsetting. It’s notjing important.” She smiled cheerfully.

Dylan nodded in understanding and smiled back. He glanced at his watch. 12:34. "Well, I'm a little hungry. What about you? I could fix us something to eat, if you'd like."

“Oh, you don’t have to. I can just order something. Do you like pizza?” she had her phone ready to dial a fast-food delivery guy, and he finger hovered over the screen as she waited for a reply.

Dylan chuckled. "Sure! You want pepperoni or cheese?" So far, his time with Lis was extremely fun, and Dylan was sure that they would turn out as good friends. Maybe even... no, no way. After all, they had only met for the first time! It was ridiculous for Dylan to think such things.

“Cheese,” Lis said with a short nod. She dialed the nearest pizza place’s number, slid off the bed, and began to walk around as she ordered a medium cheese pizza. She gave the address and hung up. “I can pay for it, by the way,” she said, a bit stubbornly.

Dylan raised a brow and gave a half smile. "Are you sure? On dates like these, usually the male...." His voice trailed off as the words left his mouth and embarrassment flooded through his mind. Oh. Oh dear God. What did I just say.

Lis’ ears turned very flushed at the mention of ‘date’ but she didn’t point it out. “Ah, it’s fine, really. I can pay for it, okay?” she smiled before going to grab her wallet.

Dylan shook away the blush the tinged his face and smiled back. "Alright, I give. But I call dibs on paying next time we order pizza, deal?" He chuckled as he took his laptop out of his suitcase and laid it on his desk, unlocking it and opening an email from the he was attending.

Lis nodded before exiting the room, heading into the hall, and waiting for quite a few minutes. When the pizza guy arrived, she handed him the money and brought the box back into the dorm. “Pizza’s here,” she said, setting it on the table.

Dylan closed his laptop and stood up from his chair, heading to where Lis was. "Smells great!" He grinned at Lis and got some plates and two cups, setting them on the table and got a liter bottle of Coca Cola from his mini fridge. He poured the Coke into the two glasses and offered one to Lis.

Taking a cup with a smile, Lis carefully took a slice and set it on her plate, seating herself and immediately sitting on the chair criss-cross applesauce style. She took a small drink before taking a bit from the pizza with a delighted glint in her eyes.

Dylan had an amused smile as he watched Lis eat for a few seconds before taking a slice of his own. He took a medium sized bite and washed it down with a gulp of Coke. "So," He said after another bite. "Back to our getting-to-know-each-other conversation, what are some of your hobbies?"

She thought for a moment. “I like art. And playing games - video or board games,” she said, tilting her head. “What about you? Do you do anything for fun?”

Dylan smiled. "As mentioned before, I do enjoy playing video games every now and then, but my two main hobbies would be drawing and playing the piano." He gestured to the baby grand piano that sat against the wall of his side of the dorm and chuckled. "It sure was hard getting that in there." He finished his slice of pizza and got up. "I could maybe play something for you, if you'd like."

“Oh, please do! I’m not a very musical peraon, so I’d love to hear someone who is play sometime,” she said excitedly, smiling as she took a small drink from her cup. She glanced at the piano. It was pretty.

Dylan smiled and nodded, standing up and walking towards the piano. He sat down on the bench and ran his hand along the black and white keys of the instrument. He took a few quiet breaths before starting his piece of choice. Chopin's Nocturne, Number 2, Opus 9. It was a nice little song, something that one might hum to their child as they tucked them into bed. Dylan smiled fondly as he played the piece displaying his emotions through the music. Unknowingly, he also displayed his emotions toward the only one in the room with him, as notes that bore an unknown love and warm kindness flowed through the room. Unfortunately, something many pianists didn't know was that a piano could draw out even the deepest emotions within you.

Last edited:
Lis watched in awe and fascination as he played. It was really beautiful. In a way, she felt comforted and warm listening to him play, like a positive feeling was swirling around the room. She sat still, unable to move in wonder. She breathed out a little “wow” before lightly blushing, not taking her eyes off of him and the piano.

Lis watched in awe and fascination as he played. It was really beautiful. In a way, she felt comforted and warm listening to him play, like a positive feeling was swirling around the room. She sat still, unable to move in wonder. She breathed out a little “wow” before lightly blushing, not taking her eyes off of him and the piano.

Oblivious to the word Lis had uttered under her breath, Dylan continued the melody as he reached the end. He used a morendo (means a dying sound, like slowly decreasing in volume) as the end approached. Dylan smiled as he finished the piece and held the chord for a few seconds before taking his hands off the piano. He stood up and closed the piano, dusting his hands off as he turned around and smiled sheepishly at Lis.

Overwhelmed by the compliments, Dylan put his hands up with a modest smile. "It's nothing really. I guess I was just born with this gift." He smiled warmly and thanked Lis before sitting down back at his seat. He sipped some Coke and chuckled softly. "Thanks."

She nodded with a smile. “I’m not musical, like I said, so it was an honor to hear something so... so great,” she struggled to find the right word. “Something so magnificent! Yeah!”

Dylan laughed and took a bite from his slice of pizza before he remembered something. "Oh! I almost forgot!" He got up from his seat and took out a slip of paper from his desk drawer. He gave it to Lis and smiled. "It's a piano competition that's happening this coming Saturday. (Let's just say in two days :p) I signed up, so you could come watch me play, if you want."

“I’m definitely going!” she paused. “Wait.. what time is it at?” she tilted her head, examining the piece of paper that was handed to her. “Because I want to make sure I’m there when you play.”

Dylan smiled. "I play my piece at 9:25 A.M., so hopefully that doesn't clash with your schedule." He finished up his pizza and wiped his hands with a napkin.

Last edited:
She smiled. “It shouldn’t. Thanks for playing and giving me this,” she said, finishing her cup and wiping her hands on a napkin as well. There were a couple of slices left, so she closed the box. “You done?”

Dylan nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I'm done. Anytime. If you want me to play for you again, just say when, and I won't fail to deliver." He smiled warmly and took the two empty cups and greasy plates, placing them in the dish washer.

Lis smiled and nodded, taking the box and putting it in the community trash just outside the hall. She came back and head towards the dorm, and went straight to the bedroom, where she crawled on her bed and looked at her phone, checking her schedule.