• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll To Dodge ~Hazardous Adventure~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oh look another game for me to forget to updatesucceed admirably in running!

In short, I'll give you a scenario, and you can choose to do any action you like. I'll then roll on my handydandy six-sided dice, and tell you the outcome of the action. The numbers correspond roughly to:

1. Epic failure. You fail so miserably at what you attempted to do that it backfires.
2. Minor failure. You fail at what you attempt to do, but with no lasting consequences.
3. Marginal success. You succeed. Just.
4. Success. You do whatever it was you were supposed to do reasonably.
5. Perfect success. You succeed admirably.
6. Overshoot. You complete your task with so much force you cause effects to everything around you!

I might throw in some mysterious random chances whenever I feel like it, which I hereby dub "Acts of God" because I'm not narcissistic at all.

You can only post one action per "turn": when I post with the results, the turn ends and the next begins. This game's a bit more freeform than, say, Mafia, so we can just restrict it to this thread. The winner is determined by me for feats of extreme awesomeness, like taking over the world. You can be as flowery as you like, as long-winded as you like, or as short as you like, as long as you have one clear action to do.

Also, if something is about to interact with you, you'll get a free Roll To Dodge. If you attempt to take an action without satisfying any prerequisites (ie: trying to put on a shirt you're not carrying), it'll automatically fail.

Your first roll will determine what you are wearing and what you are carrying, if anything.

Example:

> You wake up on an enormous bed, surrounded by 'Charms members.

Player 1: I crawl out of bed.

Me: [2]. You flop around a little, accidentally poking people in the process.

Player 2: "Ouch, cut that out!" I kick Player One in the face.

Me: [6]. You do such an amazing flip, the force of the kick connects with Player One's face and sends it toppling backwards, crashing into the bed and causing it to spontaneously explode. Shrapnel rains everywhere.

Roll to Dodge [5] for Player 1. You dive perfectly out of the way of the exploding bed.
Roll to Dodge [1] for Player 2. You dive straight into the path of the flying shrapnel, and are impaled.

Here's the first scenario:

> You are on a packed street, with lots of people around. There is a food stand nearby, but you can't be sure what it is selling, and shops lining both sides of the street. You notice that there are at least two pizza shops in sight. In the distance, you can clearly see the Town Hall, where the leaders of 'Charms debate various matters too important for peasants to know about, like the new carpets they need to fit to the tertiary trophy room. You are hungry.

I'll throw in an objective (and a way to win) in a few turn's time~

EDIT: Also, only ten people per turn. Any more and I'll just have to ignore that post, because writing this takes a surprising amount of effort. I'll try to prioritise people who are missing out.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I check to see what is being sold at the food stand, as I have been having way too much pizza this past week.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
I buy a pizza.
[6] You manage to charm the pizza owner into giving you not one, but five pizzas. For free. You are no longer hungry, but you most definitely have belly ache, because you ate all that damn pizza.

You're also wearing designer clothing and have £250 in cash in your pockets, as well as a very swish mobile phone - all of which are incredibly garish. Thieves are already eyeing you suspiciously.

Sir Red said:
I check to see what is being sold at the food stand, as I have been having way too much pizza this past week.
[4] There is a rather wide selection of burgers, hot dogs, and other baked goods. There is also another stall nearby that sells ice cream.

You are wearing casual but attractive clothing, and have a 6-month-old mobile phone. There are also various knick-knacks that may or may not be of value, including a penknife, various charms, and coins.

Brendan Savem said:
I shoot a gun in the air and demand a slice of bread
[2] Your gun is a water pistol, and thus just makes you look rather stupid. You get funny looks.

You're wearing second-hand clothing and have less than a tenner to spend.

Toru said:
I walk into the Town Hall and demand food from the Mods and Admins.
[5] Dat Hair impresses Teapot enough for him to give you a packet of biscuits without any trouble. You're no longer hungry.

You have rather fine threads indeed: not only designer, but also very tasteful and attractive. You have a good amount of money, and a rather nice mobile phone, and some assorted knick-knacks of your choosing.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Apparently having no money I use the penknife to try and rob a burger and drink from the stand.

Tailon

Gryffindork
I'm baffled by the strange guy firing a water pistol in the air, then decide to see what one of the stores is selling.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
I follow Toru into the Town Hall.
[5] You follow him into the town hall. The security doesn't notice you and you are free to move through the building.

Sir Red said:
Apparently having no money I use the penknife to try and rob a burger and drink from the stand.
[4] You get the burger and drink from the cashier who is terrified of knives, even small ones. Your face is now known to police, however. You are no longer hungry.

Brendan Savem said:
I sheepishly buy a sandwich from the food stand
[2] They're fresh out of sandwiches. How about a pastry?

Tailon said:
I'm baffled by the strange guy firing a water pistol in the air, then decide to see what one of the stores is selling.
[4] The store is selling many cakes and other sweet products. You notice a particularly sweet-looking sponge cake in the corner; it's on sale.

Toru said:
I thank Teapot for the biscuits, and walk out into the streets, greeting LoN as I pass.
[2] You trip over the kerb, landing on your face. You now have a nosebleed.

BurnKirby said:
I walk into one of the pizza stores and order some cheesy bread.
[1] The assistant screams and calls the police. You're now running from the law.

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
I snicker at the pathetic water pistol, and freeze the water in the air just because I'm bored~
[4] The water is frozen successfully, and hurtles towards Toru who is still lying on the floor.

Toru Rolls To Dodge: [5] Toru dodges successfully, rolling neatly out of the way of the icicle.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I run over to Toru and quickly apologize, offering him a tissue for his nosebleed

(poor Brendan, he has horrible luck XD)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Figuring that I am already on the run I decide I may as well go for broke and try to carjack somebody.

I get up slowly and instantly pinch my nose, before taking the tissue from Shiny. I ask Shiny about her sudden urge to attack me.

Status
Not open for further replies.