• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll to Dodge: Deities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The universe is a vast expanse of multiple possibilities, and in between, a vast expanse of nothingness. Or so it was believed to be, until one day when misfortune befell a family on an Earth realm. They had no choice but to call to the heavens in hopes of salvation...

Their prayer pierced the reality, bringing you into being. You suddenly found yourself looking down at the people who called to your unspoken name. As you grasp for the power to save them, you find that you are not alone, and that you are not the only deity that has come here at the response of a prayer...

Good or evil, you decide how to create your influence in Roll to Dodge: Dieties!

Character Creation
Choose ONE power at the beginning. This can be anything within reality or fantasy, be it a certain element or magic as a whole, life or death, whatever you choose. However, the powers will be First Come, First Serve - if you claim a domain, no other player may claim the same power. Otherwise, it is completely up to you how to make your character.

Name:
Appearance:
Domain:
Power(s): One to begin with, must not be taken by another player.
Symbol:

Character Profiles
Dark Soul
Name: Namako
Appearance: Four large, luminiscent blue eyes in a cloud of mist.
Domain: Valtameri, an unfathomably deep ocean in the middle of which stand four hollow mountains reaching into the sky. It is in the vast chambers of these mountains that humans have made their homes. Unspeakably terrifying and gargantuan monsters live in the depths of the water.
Power(s): Sea - The power to call upon waves of devastating size as well as whatever roams beneath them. Can also physically project self into atmosphere/water.
Symbol: Four blue circles within a larger white one.

Dinova
Name: Sieg
Appearance: A large, white falcon. The irises of his eyes are white.
Domain: Sieg's domain is not of the earth. Rather, it is the sky above it. He roams aimlessly, calling the clouds and the endless sky his home.
Power(s): Storm - Sieg has control over storms, or more specifically, the clouds that cause them. He can summon storms and high winds, or dispel them.
Symbol: Three vertical, wavy lines side-by-side. A thin crescent crosses through all three.

Name: Namako
Appearance: Four large, luminiscent blue eyes in a cloud of mist.
Domain(s): Valtameri, an unfathomably deep ocean in the middle of which stand four hollow mountains reaching into the sky. It is in the vast chambers of these mountains that humans have made their homes. Unspeakably terrifying and gargantuan monsters live in the depths of the water.
Symbol: Four blue circles within a larger white one.
Power: The power to call upon waves of devastating size as well as whatever roams beneath them.

(An interesting prospect, Dway!)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Nice character concept, however it seems I neglected to include power selection - which is probably what I meant by having only one domain (damned D&D mindset). Please choose one power to have based on your character and add it to the sheet. The Character Creation section will have an updated character sheet as well for any future players.

Name: Sieg

Appearance: A large, white falcon. The irises of his eyes are white.

Domain: Sieg's domain is not of the earth. Rather, it is the sky above it. He roams aimlessly, calling the clouds and the endless sky his home.

Power: Sieg has control over storms, or more specifically, the clouds that cause them. He can summon storms and high winds, or dispel them.

Symbol: Three vertical, wavy lines side-by-side. A thin crescent crosses through all three.

(hope this is ok)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Dark Soul - 4 Your name is Namako, God of the Sea, and you are a large cloud of mist with four luminescent blue eyes. You peer down at the earth and see that the family who has called out to you did so appropriately - their child is at sea, about to be attacked by a shark! Do you try save the child, or do you leave them to their fate?

Dinova - 1 Your name is Sieg, God of Storm, and you are a white falcon with strange looking eyes. you look down at the Earth and see the family who has called to you - but how can you help them? Their child has fallen into a large pit, and you are a god of Storm! You could always try to do a windy thing... Or you could leave the child to their fate, showing the family that a god is not always merciful.

OOC: I will add your profiles to the beginning post, with the updated information as well. :3

The desperate prayer of a panicked woman reaches me. Her child is out swimming in the calmer water at one of the beaches, and she has spotted a shark approaching her son- But the child has no awareness of the threat. I reach out to the shark's mind- Simple thoughts of carnage and hunger- And alert it of the presence of several fish a distance below. They will make a better meal, and the land-climbers would kill many of your kin for eating one of theirs.

I descend at the frantic call of a family. Their young child has fallen into a pit. The child struggles to climb the steep walls, but cannot escape. I will not allow an ill fate to befall those below me. I fetch a scrap wodden board from the family's home, instructing the child to hold tightly. I then summon a rain cloud to fill the hole with water, allowing the child to float free.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Dark Soul - 6 You decide to speak to the mind of the shark directly, alerting it to the presence of a better meal. The shark turns around, the sudden action creating small waves which push the boy inland. The mother reaches out and grasps the child, holding tightly as tears of joy run down her face. She calls back to the heavens in thanks, and asks for some sort of sign to remember you by so that she might tell her people about you.

Dinova - 4 The family doesn't have much to speak for, but you nonetheless grab a piece of wood from their shelter. You drop it near to the child, trying to tell her to hold on, but you can't seem to reach the child in that way. Nevertheless, she grasps onto the board that suddenly appeared almost instinctively as a storm brews overhead. The storm centers over the pit and an almost torrential rain fills the hole, the girl desperately grasping the board in the turbulent waters. The parents grab their child and cling to her with desperation, sobbing in thankfulness that she is save. If it was truly a god that saved their daughter, they want to build a temple in your name, if that would please you.

The mother is happy to have her child back, it seems. Intense flows of gratitude beam through the connection she established with me in her calling for divine aid. She asks for a sign so she can inform her people- The dwellers of the hollow rocks- of my good deed. I send her the image of a bank of mist on the ocean at dawn, a sight she would surely recognize, from which my four focus points of power gleam a bright purple.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Well I was semi interested in your idea, 123till, but if you don't want to join I completely respect that. Since Dinova hasn't replied in the last few days I'll just update for DS.

Dark Soul - 3 You cannot seem to connect directly to the woman's mind. That's not yet in your job description. What you can do is project a physical form of yourself for a moment, which you decide to do anyway. Physical projection gained. The four eyes gleaming out from the clouds seem to get the message across. The woman goes to tell her village about you. She portrays you in a strange light, calling you a god of the clouds and sea, but you're pretty sure that first one is taken by someone else in the universe.

Now that your influence might grow, you become painfully aware that these beings belief in you is the source of not only your power, but your continued existence. Luckily she seems to get a few people to believe in her story - along with the woman and her child, your total of followers is six. At least the small shrine they build for you is accurate, displaying your symbol of four blue circles within a larger white one. They decide to pay tribute to you with crops and other trinkets, in hopes of getting your blessing. What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.